• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power rankings?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
For what i know (Which isnt alot XD) Power rankings for regions and stuff are the rankings by votes. What if ssb64 had one? We could update it every month-6 months or whatever. Also im a premium member so i can start polls

Discuss

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I LOVE IT. I dunno how we'd go about doing it.

I want to hear Malva's take on this. The reason for this being because he's been to like... Japan and stuff and some of the worlds finest ssb64 players come from Japan and I think if we had official world powerrankings for ssb64 that the japanese should have a chance to be on them.

Also, could we vote for players that mostly play online like Superboom and etc? Because I've heard malva refer to kaillera smash as ''fake smash'' on more than one occasion.

Im behind this one hundred perecent but I'm far too ignorant of the ssb64 global scene to take any steps myself, Ill see how this plays out I suppose.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
How bout this.

1 power ranking for ssb online

1 for offline including japan. Sound fair?
Sounds fair to me...

perhaps since most of us play online we should handle the online Power rankings ourselves and talk to Malva about what he thinks about a power ranking for console players and how to go about setting it up. Im shooting in the dark here, but I figure if anyone can shed some light on the topic it'll be Isai.

So yeah Im all for some kaillera power rankings... I think it shouldnt be regional (like the rankings we tried to start) but rather we should vote for the top 15 online smashers and change it up when someone proves they can beat someone ranked higher than them not just by fluke, but in a set of whatever ammount of games...

whaddya think everyone?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Offline is incredibly hard to organize.

And a poll would be a HORRIBLE idea, but the power rankings isn't a bad one. It should be the same way as the others are done: Panel of a few people who have a lot of experience.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Pretty sure SSBM power rankings are decided by a panel of experienced people in the BRoom.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
terrible idea - isai hasn't played me yet :p
The KSO 5 stock series? Or the KSO goes crying home to his momma series? Only time will tell.

I like meows suggestion. We should let the clearly best players decide who ranks where. I nominate boom Jaime Nephiros Dreday and Metroid for starters.

No offence KSO but I wouldn't give you or megavolt a spot purely because ive seen most of your vids and your captain falcon is on par with mine, or possibly slightly better. I think you're a great player and who knows how good you are At the moment (videos arent the be all end all of how good you are) but I think there's a level in skill that you have yet to reach, same with me.

Dunno really... so how about this :

We vote in BHLMRO's poll to find out whos on the comittee, then the commitee decides the PRs?

_kSo_

Smash Master
yea those vids dont represent my falcon style any more. my new combo video will. and i hope you of all people will watch it.

in any case no offense taken, i dont put myself up there with m3tr01d boom or johnny either. no where ClOSE. so don't worry about it im not a cocky person; who do you think i am? tigerbombz?:laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
yea those vids dont represent my falcon style any more. my new combo video will. and i hope you of all people will watch it.

in any case no offense taken, i dont put myself up there with m3tr01d boom or johnny either. no where ClOSE. so don't worry about it im not a cocky person; who do you think i am? tigerbombz?:laugh:
Lol!!

haha your old falcon style : Fthrow, fair, fthrow, something else. Repeat XD XD

That's what I do anyway though... it friggin' works, even online XD

*prays your combo video isnt in training mode*

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I like meows suggestion. We should let the clearly best players decide who ranks where. I nominate boom Jaime Nephiros Dreday and Metroid for starters.
If I had to make a list of top active kaillera players right now it would go something like this.

1. Malva
2. Superboom
3. Johnny
4. Dedrick
5. Nintendude
6. Metroid
7. Tigerbombz
8. Dreday
9. Cartman
10. Nephiros

Didn't have jaime on there cause I don't really know his skill because I don't play him, and I haven't played dark link x in forever so I dunno how good he is. The list imo is very hard to make though without some kind of round robin tourney. All that is really certain is malva is the top. Some wouldn't rate Dedrick as high because he is a kirby main and the rest of his characters aren't up to par with his kirby, but I've never seen anyone beat him before besides myself.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
you hear that tigerbombz?!?! Metroid PWNS U!!!

go tigerbombz go! arrogance level 99 activated!!11!!!

XD Jaime is too good...

I like the tournament idea..

dont have much else to say.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
jaime should be right below boom.

btw, we tried power rankings before and it didn't work out very well. it's really hard to gauge skill online because there are tons of people who are very good but don't come online often or play with weird names.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Some wouldn't rate Dedrick as high because he is a kirby main and the rest of his characters aren't up to par with his kirby, but I've never seen anyone beat him before besides myself.
I did beat his Kirby on friendlies the other day, playing him is a very useful experience

I don't really know his skill because I don't play him
you don't play me because you don't want to :crying:, you're mean :cry:....

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think it would be cool if everybody had a win loss record and when you would beat sombody in a match it would go up and vice versa. Then there would be a ranking system (1 being the best) depending on how much better your win loss record is.
For ex.
1. Bob 12-6 = 6
2. Alex 12-9 = 3
3. Jason 15 - 14 = 1

So when you fight it would display a number next to you so other people know how good or bad you are. It isn't a tourny either so it would just stick with you forever. I got this Idea from Burnout 3 online.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Not exactly, you don't see a number next to you when your playing online. I mean everybody will have a number. Like sombody would have like 8053 or something. Ladder is just a small thing were people have to fight each other to pass. I mean when you go on the net and you fight sombody you don't know would you like to know how good they are. And not everybody who goes on is in a Emuladder.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
That idea wouldn't really work that good. Having a good ratio would just mean that you never played people better then you.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
And then everyone would play way too seriously in random online games :\

I mean, MORE.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
also, the lack of organized tournaments really prevents people from playing their best. some people (like me lol) don't really care if they win all the time and/or talk on AIM or whatever at the same time.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Power rankings are based on tournament results as well as just skill in general. We'd need to have online tournaments first before attempting to make rankings. The SG ones ran really well so it's definitely doable.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'll join :)
And yeah, I don't think online is really representative, too many people never play online or don't have the time...etc....

Top Bottom