• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

condemor

Smash Rookie
One question. Was previously mentioned if this Smash Bros will contain bonuses again?

I mean the bonuses of Melee, which got rewarded after every match, like "Pacifist", "flying meteor", etc..
Thanks! :)

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401

Shots fired. Shots fired.

Ice Climbers were annoying, especially with the chain grab.
I play competitively so final smashes are meaningless. If IC returns, Nana shouldn't
I dislike the idea of DLC used other than for extra alternate costumes. It is a fighting game that has a competitive scene, so having characters added in later would change things up competitively.
um that's a good. Changes the competition up. The power to adapt...Learn it

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
sorry for my stupidity, but what game are the chorus kids from lol

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Where was our big deconfirmation?

It's the framerate. I'm pretty picky about framerates. I'm not in that 1% who can see every single framedrop or screentear, but if something drops from 60fps to 50fps for like a second I'll notice and think something's off. With MGS3D, the game is running 24-25fps most of the time, and that's just not acceptable to me, and it signifies sloppiness in the product.

It's that kind of mindset where I don't understand why people want Snake to return. Nintendo shouldn't be promoting a franchise that doesn't see itself or want itself to become significant outside of its' standard userbase. Nintendo didn't get anything out of Snake being in Brawl other than a 'thanks for promoting the next Metal Gear game which is never coming to your systems, ever.'

And I don't expect anything Metroid related because #MetroidIsDead
When I played it(have not beat it,cause its not my copy and console), the frame rate is fine to me. I didn't notice anything bad in the frame rate. The reason why the frame rate has a problem is because they focused too much on visuals, it looks great on a 3ds.

We want him back cause he was to fun to play as and a lot of us mained him. There are benefits to adding him in too. It brings MGS fans to smash. I could list more, but I'm in a rush to go somewhere.

I'm just gonna leave this here: http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/m...-mock-up-quot-is-better-than-nostradamus.aspx

DarkStar15

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nasir
3DS FC
2466-4104-0703
Warning Received
Let's say he was in Melee and he was a fan favorite (like fox) and became a series staple would he just be a One Time deal. What would be the point in just making him just a One Time deal, Are you aware that Metal Gear had tons of content in Brawl? Sakurai would be removing an entire franchise if he cut Snake why would he do that? What gives Sonic more priority than Snake? That's not Kojima idol that just his "close" and "personal" friend he doesn't worship him. Are you aware of Friendship?
The man does have point snake will at least be dlc

Why Dr.Mario over mewtwo

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so todays's pic backs up the claims of olimar and jr's alternate costumes, without necessarily proving them

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
It's the framerate. I'm pretty picky about framerates. I'm not in that 1% who can see every single framedrop or screentear, but if something drops from 60fps to 50fps for like a second I'll notice and think something's off. With MGS3D, the game is running 24-25fps most of the time, and that's just not acceptable to me, and it signifies sloppiness in the product.
Mgs3 on the ps2 ran at 20fps, they simply didn't improve on the framerate when importing a console game to a handheld.
If that signifies a sloppy port to you when he bothered to redo all the models, add in mechanics from later games, and add 3ds exclusive mechanics all while making possibly the most beautiful game for the 3ds in years, then i'm nothing short of appalled.

(For reference, the mgs3 on hd collection takes out features of the subsistence version while improving the frame rate to 60, which pretty much every hd collection has done)

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
guys the focus should be... "is the leaked selection screen the final roster or not"
It's not, the leaker said the roster wasn't complete, and that's supported by the locked All Star mode leak. Of course, take that with a grain of salt because people can lie very easily online.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
If those Koopaling alts for Bowser Jr. are there, I personally think "Koopalings" might be a nice alternative name rather than "Bowser Jr." if the purpose of that copter-based moveset is representing all the Koopalings+Jr, but still opinions are opinions XD

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
If those Koopaling alts for Bowser Jr. are there, I personally think "Koopalings" might be a nice alternative name rather than "Bowser Jr." if the purpose of that copter-based moveset is representing all the Koopalings+Jr, but still opinions are opinions XD
What if they each get their own announcer name, cheer, etc?

Roy's our Boy! Roy's our Boy! =D

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907

I can see the trailer now; opens up with a black screen and the announcer going "This game's winner is... ROY!"

But yeah, added credence to Ninka's original leak (not that it needed more). Still no indication on the possibility of extra characters, though.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice

Ohyeah that would be great XD Speaking of which, I also think that maybe every koopalings might get a different hitbox but on other hand, it might be too much work for them.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The reason why the frame rate has a problem is because they focused too much on visuals, it looks great on a 3ds.
That's the problem with X/Y for me.
Whenever I send out a Big Pokemon or a Shiny Pokemon, it lags.
Whenever a move with a flashy animation is used, it lags.
Whenever I kill all the Horde Pokemon at one time, it lags.

It's so lag-E.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Still i feel having the koopalings as alts for bowser Jr. would be odd considering that would mean bowser Jr. himself would have no costumes. I think what Bowser jr. might have are costumes that make him look like the colors of the other koopalings. As that would make more sense imo, the same way samus while not necessarily changing her suits model has colors based around the other suits. Just like i don't think sonic will have a metal sonic alt and instead just have the 7 other colors that correspond to each of the chaos emeralds, i mean he already was shown to have white, cyan and purple colors. I feel sakurai's trying to squeeze as much in as possible. Which makes me hopeful that if mewtwo makes the cut, he'll have 4 costumes for his normal color and 4 for his alt (presumably the armor suit).

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
What console do you think of when you hear "Sonic the Hedgehog" or Pacman? Probably not a nintendo console.
Yeah, except MGS is alive and well on the PS4. Pac-Man's basically dead and Sonic is a zombie living on through Nintendo.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
Ohyeah that would be great XD Speaking of which, I also think that maybe every koopalings might get a different hitbox but on other hand, it might be too much work for them.
If they had alternate hitboxes they'd be different character by Sakurai's standards.

brawlerdude

Smash Rookie
That doesn't help its case, in fact, it makes it worse. If it scrolls to the right, that means there should be even more KOs that should be counted, not less.
There is also an arrow below the characters on the left, so you can also scroll down. The numbers shown are totals for the characters from the entire roster.
EDIT: Just now saw the Lucario row adding up to 34, but listing 33. So that IS fake.

Last edited:

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
And judging by both the tightness of the CSS while Sakurai refuses to disconfirm certain characters outright, the answer is going to remain "Yes until DLC."
Why are we already assuming there is even going to be DLC?

D

Deleted member

@Speed, level with us.

Were you really just pulling our leg last night with a supposed announcement of Ridley/Mewtwo as confirmed by your "source"? Or was this something you really believed to be true and the source is someone you trust?

Be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

LowCarbs

Smash Cadet
Eh, now considering that the Ninka leak only confirmed the characters we got from the leaked CSS, I'm leaning towards this being the final roster. I'd like for there to be more characters, but at this point, I don't want to get my hopes up. It's still a good roster as it is, anyway.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Eh, now considering that the Ninka leak only confirmed the characters we got from the leaked CSS, I'm leaning towards this being the final roster. I'd like for there to be more characters, but at this point, I don't want to get my hopes up. It's still a good roster as it is, anyway.
the ninka leak is ESRB leak CSS, he just said what the ESRB guy know. it's possible to see more character

but my opinion is ... you'r right and it's the final roster..

Last edited:

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
That leak also has been stated to not be Ninka's leak exactly. He added a few characters of his own.

You know what would be crazy? If Bayonetta WERE in Smash. However, I think we can safely assume this won't be the case because I'm not sure how you could take Bayonetta and faithfully reproduce her in a E10+ game.

But then again, who knows.

Ah yes, because Sakurai is going to stop posting certain things just because some ******* spilled the beans.

Really, today was a cool update. Gravity Suit Samus!
Yeah I think it's cool too I just meant that now the leak spoiled it for us so it's not as exciting

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Why are we already assuming there is even going to be DLC?
It's more conjecture than pure fact, but consider this:

-Wii U is in deep s***.
-Different stages alone won't pull audiences into double-dipping.
-Nintendo has been using DLC lately, to some actual, good effect.

The writing's on the wall, and I see Nintendo pulling off some sort of weaseling so that both versions get the same characters, but the Wii U version has an easier time with DLC. Like both versions get a free download, but the Wii U gets it first and the 3DS has to connect to it to get it before its own "DLC date". In other words, playing on the impatient.

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
No! Noooooo! I don't like that leak. Ice Climbers cut and Dark Pit a clone? It sucks that everything else is so good up until that point...
To be fair if smash wasn't coming to the 3DS we would probably already have had ice climbers confirmed. What I feel we should get for this game only is ice CLIMBER. Give nana TWO hammers and make him use two hands for the down special. Change his up special to the pterodactyl that carriers him as his entrance and I think it would be a good character

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
To be fair if smash wasn't coming to the 3DS we would probably already have had ice climbers confirmed. What I feel we should get for this game only is ice CLIMBER. Give nana TWO hammers and make him use two hands for the down special. Change his up special to the pterodactyl that carriers him as his entrance and I think it would be a good character
I thought the male one was Popo. Either way I really don't see why people think that the 3DS can't handle Ice Climbers when the Gamecube was able to.

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
I thought the male one was Popo. Either way I really don't see why people think that the 3DS can't handle Ice Climbers when the Gamecube was able to.
Ah yes sorry meant popo but Sakurai would probably do nana for the need of female fighters. I believe it has something to with her AI being hard to program or something. I'm not an ice climbers fan, but I'd still want them in smash

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ah yes sorry meant popo but Sakurai would probably do nana for the need of female fighters. I believe it has something to with her AI being hard to program or something. I'm not an ice climbers fan, but I'd still want them in smash
We don't "Need" female fighters. Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64 barely had any. We're getting plenty of females this time; we don't "need" any more.

rayman33

Smash Cadet
NNID
raymondthemaster
3DS FC
0344-9399-1573
We don't "Need" female fighters. Brawl, Melee, and Smash 64 barely had any. We're getting plenty of females this time; we don't "need" any more.
Well I didn't mean NEED, I just meant that Sakurai is pushing the amount of female characters in smash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom