• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Actually....how has this been debunked? If your answer is the K.O. count, you can clearly scroll to the left or right through the characters, so we're not seeing all the numbers that lead to the total.
That doesn't help its case, in fact, it makes it worse. If it scrolls to the right, that means there should be even more KOs that should be counted, not less.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The thing about marketing is that "over 40 characters" and the count is 41 can leave a sour taste in the person's mouth, meanwhile if you say "over 40 characters" and deliver over 50 (but just over) it will make your audience happier. Because their expectations were exceeded as they were probably thinking 45-48 characters. So there is a definite reason to say "Over 40" when the count is 52.
The purpose of marketing isn't to leave a good taste in the consumer's mouth. It's to turn the potential consumer into an actual consumer. Why do you think every console game's trailer is running on a high-end PC instead of the console itself?

D

Deleted member

Yes, Lucario's total KO's add up to 34.

From what we can see Lucario's adds up to 34. Yet the total is 33.
Is it possible to have a negative KO count? Like in the Timed game mode whenever Lucario would lose a stock, it says -1? So maybe it applied to a specific game mode?

I dunno...grasping at straws.

gamer8

Smash Lord
So yeah the ninka leak was right again. Still wondering what's up with the whole "added on" portion though with the other 4 characters. God I hope that part is real as well.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So yeah the ninka leak was right again. Still wondering what's up with the whole "added on" portion though with the other 4 characters. God I hope that part is real as well.
I think everyone can agree on that....but- there's something that needs to be noted.
Dr. Mario and Dark Pit were predicted by the add-on guy. If I'm not mistaking....

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone can agree on that....but- there's something that needs to be noted.
Dr. Mario and Dark Pit were predicted by the add-on guy. If I'm not mistaking....
I believe Ninka actually said Dr.Mario and Dark Pit first. Someone correct us.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
guys the focus should be... "is the leaked selection screen the final roster or not"

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Actually....how has this been debunked? If your answer is the K.O. count, you can clearly scroll to the left or right through the characters, so we're not seeing all the numbers that lead to the total.
Well I just assumed it has been debunked because of some of the reasons that were pointed out when this leak first surfaced. Also the fact that pretty much everyone stopped discussing it gave me the impression that it was debunked.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Looks like speed's leaker was false. Another day, another 24 hours to realize the hype three aren't in.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Just 10 more days man, 10 more looooooooooooooong days.
Think of it this way, 10 days from now to the Japanese release is nothing compared to the wait from February 2012 to June 2013 when there was no official information besides that whiteboard drawing that Sakuari posted to his Twitter.

Rakath

Smash Ace
The purpose of marketing isn't to leave a good taste in the consumer's mouth. It's to turn the potential consumer into an actual consumer. Why do you think every console game's trailer is running on a high-end PC instead of the console itself?
Which is often done by not purposefully alienating your audience. Nintendo, at least, usually goes by the idea of trying to keep their fans happy so they remain fans, then lie to them and be very surprised they are not repeat customers.

And to answer your rather misaimed and misleading question, normally its easier to work on a computer designed with keyboard and other inputs in mind to test, retest, fix, and tweak code in an emulator than it would be to run it off to the hardware every single time. Especially, when it comes to consoles, the hardware isn't terribly different from computer hardware. You know, the reason you can't sell certain game consoles in certain countries.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Still wondering what exactly they'll show us on Oct 3rd at Midnight when we'll know the whole Roster by then. Well, who'd say no to a CGI Trailer though :p

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't this an updated version of that leak?

No... the ninka leak was posted on the 21st of July, this was posted the 29th and even quote the ninka leak.

EDIT : Oops, read too fast and misunderstood sorry.

Last edited:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Still wondering what exactly they'll show us on Oct 3rd at Midnight when we'll know the whole Roster by then. Well, who'd say no to a CGI Trailer though :p
I think that email is simply saying the game will be available at Midnight October 3rd and you can go to the official site for a new character trailer (Shulk) and news right now.

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
This is what happens when we upset Sakurai, he gives us slow and boring updates that leaks already show us... Thank god only 10 more days
To be perfectly fair, if we hadn't seen the leaks then a lot of these details would be hyping the hell out of a lot of us. It's good stuff all around.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
That leak also has been stated to not be Ninka's leak exactly. He added a few characters of his own.

You know what would be crazy? If Bayonetta WERE in Smash. However, I think we can safely assume this won't be the case because I'm not sure how you could take Bayonetta and faithfully reproduce her in a E10+ game.

But then again, who knows.

This is what happens when we upset Sakurai, he gives us slow and boring updates that leaks already show us... Thank god only 10 more days
Ah yes, because Sakurai is going to stop posting certain things just because some asshole spilled the beans.

Really, today was a cool update. Gravity Suit Samus!

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I really cannot see Bayonetta getting in Smash Bros, I feel people are setting themselves up for a disappointment if they're really expecting her to be in the game.

but I could be wrong, but I have a strong doubt about it.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I really cannot see Bayonetta getting in Smash Bros, I feel people are setting themselves up for a disappointment if they're really expecting her to be in the game.

but I could be wrong, but I have a strong doubt about it.
Oh, I am not expecting. I don't think we'll see anything about Smash in this direct. I just thought it would be crazy if she were included.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Pretty much. It's the "Wonder Red is gonna be revealed during the W101 Direct" situation again. I'd love for a Platinum rep to be in the game as they're my favorite devs, but it just isn't happening.

Naoshi

Oh, I am not expecting. I don't think we'll see anything about Smash in this direct. I just thought it would be crazy if she were included.
Oh, don't worry, I was actually agreeing with your post. Just that people were going nuts over the idea of Bayonetta getting in Smash Bros in various forums today just because of the Bayo2 Direct. It kind of annoyed me because it's like... does everything have to be Smash related in any kind of Nintendo announcement? I guess Smash Bros hype is kind of too strong for some lol

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
People keep saying that Ridley/K. Rool/etc can't fit as they mess up the formatting too much, but what if they're a clone and go into the clone corner for being a clone? I admit that's not a likely option (nor would I want it to be one), but just some thought.

Naoshi

I can't really imagine K Rool being a clone of any of the existing characters to be honest lol

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Oh, don't worry, I was actually agreeing with your post. Just that people were going nuts over the idea of Bayonetta getting in Smash Bros in various forums today just because of the Bayo2 Direct. It kind of annoyed me because it's like... does everything have to be Smash related in any kind of Nintendo announcement? I guess Smash Bros hype is kind of too strong for some lol
Some people don't seem to realize that not everything is about Smash.

Naoshi

...Kind of reminds me when Capcom had a teaser on their main site back in 2007 and everyone thought it was going to be a Smash Bros related announcement, but then it turns out it was an announcement of Street Fighter IV

Brawl hype was probably crazier than this one

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
That KO chart that I keep seeing, I am trying to see if it is fake or not. Yes you can scroll horizontally and vertically, but you know, I am gonna take that leak with a grain of salt. Sure, I can't find images for Impa that match it, but Wolf is similar to the render for StarFox Command. The only difference that I see so far is the white coloring on the sides of his head. Seems legit. Yet again, some people can pull off renders in Photoshop. So, to be safe, I am just gonna wait and see till the game shows actual evidence. Nuff said.

Naoshi

That KO chart that I keep seeing, I am trying to see if it is fake or not. Yes you can scroll horizontally and vertically, but you know, I am gonna take that leak with a grain of salt. Sure, I can't find images for Impa that match it, but Wolf is similar to the render for StarFox Command. The only difference that I see so far is the white coloring on the sides of his head. Seems legit. Yet again, some people can pull off renders in Photoshop. So, to be safe, I am just gonna wait and see till the game shows actual evidence. Nuff said.
The math was wrong. Lucario's KO total count is lower than what it should add up to. And I kind of doubt there's a way to have negative numbers for KOs...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

No. The Ninka leak said that Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Duck Hunt Dog are in. There was another leak that popped up before the Ninka leak's credibility was exposed that stated Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr, Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Kids were in, it's mostly the timing of it that makes it noteworthy. I wish people would stop using this NeoGAF post as it has made a ton of misconceptions.

Naoshi

Just to be clear, that isn't a GAF post, not sure what forum that is though. (EDIT: Oh, that is SEGA's forum)

But you are right regardless, Wariofan1. It makes me kind of worry for Mewtwo's inclusion, I really do hope he comes in.

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
The math was wrong. Lucario's KO total count is lower than what it should add up to. And I kind of doubt there's a way to have negative numbers for KOs...

I see what you mean. However, you never know if Sakurai updates the rules or changes it up abit compared to the last game. All-Star mode made a good example of that. But, it is best if we wait and see if this holds true.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace

If you're referring to this pic, no. This guy posted the Ninka leak and added on a few characters on his own. The Ninka leak does not claime that Ridley, Chorus Men, or Dixie are in the game. This isn't an updated version, it's the real version mixed with some BS :/

This is exactly why this leak isn't even fun anymore. There are too many pieces to put together with the majority of new information being false or questionable. There is no updated timeline of events and notable leaks that pertain to this one as well. Now this thread has become new people reposting the same old stuff that has been disproven or talked about over and over again.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
People on Miiverse: "I'm only believing the videos and not the picture of the leak" C'mon, what more can you ask for, Shulk's render even matches up with the leaked CSS picture, and Gaur Plains is on the SSS picture, I swear, these people make me wanna do this:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I see what you mean. However, you never know if Sakurai updates the rules or changes it up abit compared to the last game. All-Star mode made a good example of that. But, it is best if we wait and see if this holds true.
The rules would change to allow negative KOs? How does that even work?

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
This was disproven a while ago. Besides the KO totals for lucario being off, there are discrepancies in the fonts used for the numbers. Check the 1 in 12 and 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom