• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So, according to that thread on gamefaqs, it's almost time for AllStar to release the new leaks. I'm interested to see what will happen but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
after all of that I wonder what the actual final roster will look like....
but I got the feeling it will be a decent roster hopefully mr Sakurai will show some character trailer soon?

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
Ooohhh Starlow, Bandana Dee is there and I assume that Koopaling is Roy, right?
It's actually fake. Lucario has 34 KOs (5+2+10+5+3+9), and the total shows 33. Also, the Starlow image is easy to find on google image.

Also, all these characters got the majority of their KOs on 6 characters. Out of... 40 or something, I don't know how many characters there are.

Anyway, sorry that was a fake, shouldn't have posted that since it's easy to check.

Last edited:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
The thing that we don't have an answer for yet is:

Looking at the evidence, the leaker had access to only the ESRB video.
If there are more characters, how would the ESRB have rated them if they aren't in the video?

DLC gets rated on its own, but we aren't talking DLC yet. We are talking about the actual final roster for the 3DS.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
im pretty sure that those pics are false...
assuming its real in which it probably is imo, in the huge 37 photo imgr larry was in a clown kart, presumably because of his supposed alt costume status as a jr. alt as well as all the other koopalings. in that case, why isnt roy in a clown kart?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
[

hmm that wolf looks familiar.
I thought it looked like Wolf from Command - never played it - or even Assault - played it twice -, but it kind of looks like this. It doesn't help that the image is poor quality.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
So, according to that thread on gamefaqs, it's almost time for AllStar to release the new leaks. I'm interested to see what will happen but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
So uh, what about this "Allstar", are we talking about a person here or the mode? What did I miss?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm kind of curious @those pics. They're pretty good fakes of they are.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The fake leaker failed due to a math error. Case closed.

No **** Wolf or ugly looking Impa taking slots away from my Mewtwo :)

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
The thing that we don't have an answer for yet is:

Looking at the evidence, the leaker had access to only the ESRB video.
If there are more characters, how would the ESRB have rated them if they aren't in the video?

DLC gets rated on its own, but we aren't talking DLC yet. We are talking about the actual final roster for the 3DS.
I don't think they're required to send literally everything; just enough to get a good idea of the game and anything that could potentially impact the rating (hence all the screenshots of trophy boobs).

That said I'm not expecting any more characters besides maybe DLC.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh, the grammar too. "How many times has Pikachu made Zelda KO?"

Anyone who still believes it after that is delusional. No translator could muck that up that badly.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Wasn't there a gamefaqs leak from a know troll earlier this week that proved to show legit images? gotta give the guy a chance until he proves to be a troll or actually gives us new images. He said he will do it later so won't be too long or prove real or fake
Really? I've been frequenting GameFAQs for a couple years but recently began weaning myself off it to spend more time here. It's a shame that the moment I left, there was a good leak there. Could someone fill me in on this?

This guy has been banned several times and this is at least his fourth or fifth alt account. Of all users, I'm not sure if I trust him.

Edit: But you're right, we should give him a chance.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Wish these pictures weren't about Trophies and actually focused on the characters we care about seeing right now (Doc, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Find a fake leak that wasn't taken down. While it doesn't change the legitimacy of the videos, trying to use this as a means of justifying them is ridiculous.
I dont think you realize what you're saying. Nintendo Of America claimed copyrights on the leaked youtube videos of Bowser Junior and Shulk.

No **** Wolf or ugly looking Impa taking slots away from my Mewtwo :)
You make me not want mewtwo.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Okay, uh, actually:

-None of the math adds up on the screen. It might just be that there's more screen to see/scroll too. IIRc, Melee was the same with this.
-Starlow wouldn't be the first time they've ripped official art for trophies.

I wouldn't write it off yet. Could very well be fake, but we should've learned our lesson about blurry pics with "Bad looking renders" by now.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
Really? I've been frequenting GameFAQs for a couple years but recently began weaning myself off it to spend more time here. It's a shame that the moment I left, there was a good leak there. Could someone fill me in on this?

This guy has been banned several times and this is at least his fourth or fifth alt account. Of all users, I'm not sure if I trust him.

Edit: But you're right, we should give him a chance.
If you are banned you cannot make new accounts or they will be set to read only. And if you log in an already existing account that too will get banned(How great is that)

So he must have changed his IP address multiple times. I say fake but we will see

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
You make me not want mewtwo.
A form of ethnocentrism at it's finest eh?

No but really, I don't mind Wolf and Impa, but when that roster can hold up to 3-5 characters left at best, gotta be a little cutthroat.

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
-None of the math adds up on the screen. It might just be that there's more screen to see/scroll too. IIRc, Melee was the same with this.
Lucario has 34 KOs. To get 33, he would need -1 KO, which is impossible. So yeah... that doesn't work at all.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Lucario has 34 KOs. To get 33, he would need -1 KO, which is impossible. So yeah... that doesn't work at all.
Oh, I can't math either apparently.

Outside of that I think it IS a pretty good fake, though. We've had 2D trophy renders stripped straight from games before, for example.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
honestly, I'd much rather have Wolf than most potential additional characters. Sans mewtwo and Ridley of course :3

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
A form of ethnocentrism at it's finest eh?
Definitely not.

No but really, I don't mind Wolf and Impa, but when that roster can hold up to 3-5 characters left at best, gotta be a little cutthroat.
why? Do you think being a butthole on this forum is going to somehow play a role in who is going to make it in Smash? I just found your comment to be unsavory.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
I dont think you realize what you're saying. Nintendo Of America claimed copyrights on the leaked youtube videos of Bowser Junior and Shulk.
...And? Are you implying Nintendo does not own copyrights for Bowser Jr and Shulk?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Definitely not.

why? Do you think being a butthole on this forum is going to somehow play a role in who is going to make it in Smash? I just found your comment to be unsavory.
I'm an ***hole and embrace it. Sue me ;)

The Wolf and Impa leak is fake though.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
This has already been discussed. Whenever a video is taken down, it gets the copyright notice on it, and several fake leaks get taken down to (not all of them), but generally the ones Nintendo can catch. ALSO, just about anyone can claim to be Nintendo of America and get a video taken down on youtube. There was a screenshot of this earlier, and as someone that used to make videos for youtube, I can confirm this was a problem.

I don't think they're required to send literally everything; just enough to get a good idea of the game and anything that could potentially impact the rating (hence all the screenshots of trophy boobs).

That said I'm not expecting any more characters besides maybe DLC.
On top of that, it's possible that Nintendo didn't hand all the ESRB footage to one person since most games have a few hours of footage, and they would want to avoid a full leak. After all, the entire pokedex for X and Y was leaked at one point. So, the Big N isn't a stranger to Big leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom