• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Hey, just here to say that I am sad for Ice Climbers, they deserve better man...Sakurai!!!!

T

Trick or Treat

Tbh, if Mewtwo and Ridley are in the game, then 3/4's of the people that had a problem with the roster would immediately get over it
As much as I want Ridley (don't really care about Mewtwo), I'm really only upset with Ice Climbers being cut. That's my only real issue with it.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He was counted as being from the Wario series in the Smash Bros. Direct.
Proof or that didn't happened. I deleted this video from my PC for some reasons, so, i can't rewatch it.
EDIT: nevermind. It is still weird since he never appeared in Wario games and appeared only in Mario games.

Last edited:

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Still not what I meant. The NoA leaker is not even brazilian or uses a Positivo monitor.(probably)

BUT, the people that he LEAKED the leaks may be brazilians/ positivo monitors. Hence the pictures taken from that monitor.

All this positive monitoring thing is giving me headache...
Ah, I see what you mean. Although didn't all those leaked pictures came from one source? If that's so, the leaker is using a Positivo monitor.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
For those who watch GameXplain, their discussion video JUST came out 2 minutes ago.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Im surprised gamexplain still hasn't made a video regarding the leak
Edit: I stand corrected...

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Proof or that didn't happened. I deleted this video from my PC for some reasons, so, i can't rewatch it.
EDIT: nevermind. It is still weird since he never appeared in Wario games and appeared only in Mario games.
Well, it's a fact. If you refuse to watch something on the internet, then that is on you.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
The JapanTime podcast > Gamexplain discussion on Smash 4

Gamexplain is great though. Shoutout to Andre. he a rich homie. he Rich Homie Andre

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Im surprised gamexplain still hasn't made a video regarding the leak
Edit: I stand corrected...
The amount of ninja'd in this post is unreal. :laugh:

But seriously guys. Stop spamming.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This thread for the poor Ridley Supporters:

Hang in there fellas, we'll know for sure soon enough.

Last edited:

SuperLuigiKart

Smash Rookie
I'm one of the tons of people who signed up just to post about this leak. And I gotta say, I'm pretty psyched. While I'll miss Ice Climbers and Lucas, I've wanted Shulk in ever since I played Xenoblade, DHD is amusing and I think he has some serious gameplay potential, and Bowser Jr. looks to be fun. Plus, while I may get skinned for it, I'll say this much: Clone characters are some of my favorite characters in fighting games. I was already planning on maining Lucina, but the good Doctor being back and Pittoo are both welcome in my book.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I'm one of the tons of people who signed up just to post about this leak. And I gotta say, I'm pretty psyched. While I'll miss Ice Climbers and Lucas, I've wanted Shulk in ever since I played Xenoblade, DHD is amusing and I think he has some serious gameplay potential, and Bowser Jr. looks to be fun. Plus, while I may get skinned for it, I'll say this much: Clone characters are some of my favorite characters in fighting games. I was already planning on maining Lucina, but the good Doctor being back and Pittoo are both welcome in my book.
Welcome to the boards and even if people don't agree you are entitled to your own opinion. I'm not as psyched about it as you are but I still hold hope for my most wanted characters.

Last edited:

PatMac

Smash Rookie
The Leaker still has the game, right? Or at least that's what was said in a post a bit back.

Assuming that was correct. Imagine the **** that would go down if he put it up on Ebay.

(Then again, Nintendo would probably find a way to get that listing taken down if that happened)

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Man, this leak is awesome! I feel very bad for Sakurai, but I'm sure he saw an info leak coming at some point or another.

But snap, guys. This is it. This is what we're getting. Can't say I'm not satisfied. Sad Wolf is going away but happy for almost everyone else who just got revealed.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
What's with all the Ridley is dead stuff? Its all over reddit and here. The Ninka leak includes him and everyone on this CSS leak as well. There's plenty of clues that this isn't the whole game.

tippy

Smash Apprentice
The CSS leak isn't the full roster. All-Star Mode wasn't unlocked, and the leaker said so himself.

Here are 3 going around from another leak:

According to this, which is most likely accurate, we still have Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Men.

Also, they had no choice but to Ice Climbers. Sakurai said in an interview around Christmas that they've been having a lot of trouble trying to get the Ice Climbers to function correctly in the 3DS version.
The Ridley/Chorus Men/Dixie stuff was never on the original Ninka/Vaanrose leak, which is the leak in the quoted part of that image. Those characters are only speculation.

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
The Leaker still has the game, right? Or at least that's what was said in a post a bit back.

Assuming that was correct. Imagine the **** that would go down if he put it up on Ebay.

(Then again, Nintendo would probably find a way to get that listing taken down if that happened)
Holy ****.

People would pay thousands if he puts it up on Ebay

Bloods would be shed.

Last edited:

johno1995

Smash Cadet
What's with all the Ridley is dead stuff? Its all over reddit and here. The Ninka leak includes him and everyone on this CSS leak as well. There's plenty of clues that this isn't the whole game.
The Ninka leak did not include Ridley.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Sakurai killed him.
No, really, with a bullet to the brain.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Yeah not sure is it because the leaker said something about the remaining characters are a Pokemon rep, DK rep, and new franchise maybe?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I was kind of annoyed about the roster (particularly characters like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit taking priority over Snake, Ice Climbers, Lucas, etc. when they are the definition of a costume change and a palette swap, respectively), but a thought occurred to me that made their inclusion slightly more acceptable.

What if Dr. Mario has the same moveset that he had in Melee (seeing as Mario's has change since then), and Dark Pit gets Pit's moves from Brawl? (seeing as Pit's been retooled to better match Uprising) It wouldn't make up for the loss of such a ridiculous amount of unique veterans, but it would at least make those two more than just direct clones.

Raijinken

Smash Master
All the leak vids getting taken down. Need to stop mentioning them out here where Nintendo could easily be one of the 258 currently viewing guests.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This thread for the poor Ridley Supporters:

Hang in there fellas, we'll know for sure soon enough.
"Soon enough* would have been today for me, personally.

Now we'll probably have to wait until release unless Sakurai unlikely reveals one of the non-shown characters. But I guess we have to have something to continue to speculate on and be excited for, right?

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I am not really a big Ridley supporter to the point where I am upset he is not in the game. But I did think it would be really cool if he was a playable character. What actually annoys me is that if Ridley truly is a stage boss, then Sakurai is gonna get so much hate from Ridley supporters. Why tease him and hype him up for so long only for him to be a stage boss? It just seems wrong. If Ridley is a stage boss then he is technically on the same level as the Yellow Devil. Why outright state the Yellow Devil is a stage boss but mess with Ridley fans? It's not like people are going to be hyped and excited to see Ridley as a stage hazard.

johno1995

Smash Cadet
I was kind of annoyed about the roster (particularly characters like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit taking priority over Snake, Ice Climbers, Lucas, etc. when they are the definition of a costume change and a palette swap, respectively), but a thought occurred to me that made their inclusion slightly more acceptable.

What if Dr. Mario has the same moveset that he had in Melee (seeing as Mario's has change since then), and Dark Pit gets Pit's moves from Brawl? (seeing as Pit's been retooled to better match Uprising) It wouldn't make up for the loss of such a ridiculous amount of unique veterans, but it would at least make those two more than just direct clones.
I'm pretty sure that, considering their placement on te roster, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are a lot like Lucina - who was revealed to be a last minute addition that was once a costume swap for Marth upgraded to her own spot. So they were upgraded to playable status far after Icies, Snake, Lucas and Wolf were cut. I'm pretty sure they had no "priority", they were just additional...

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Yeah there are supposedly more characters that weren't unlocked on that roster correct? Why is everyone weeping over certain characters being gone for sure?

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
So apparently people are cancelling their preorders because of this leak. Why? Are you mad that your favorite character didn't make it in a 50+ character roster? One character?? Even so, this roster possibly doesn't even have all the characters in it......
Some people in the Smash community can never be satisfied :glare:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I was intially very, very skeptical of this leak, but I think this video only proves the legitimacy of Bowser Jr. and Shulk as confirmed characters. Consider me supportive of the leak now until Sakurai proves otherwise. However, if IC or Lucas or Wolf is revealed, or a non-shown character like Ridley or K. Rool is shown, that HAS to bring the validity of the link into question. At this point, I just want Ridley. The rest of the roster is very, very questionable to me if these are the newcomers that Sakurai was saving for last if that shown roster is final, but I'm gonna wait for Sakurai himself to say it. All it takes is one stage/character to confirm/deconfirm this leak. Regardless of whether Ridley is in or out, though, I feel like this roster is underwhelming overall. Definitely a hype-killer.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Ridley is in, I'm pretty sure. We have proof that this isn't the complete roster because of the locked All-Star mode.

He mentioned the remaining characters.

These characters are part of a leak from July, before all of this happened. This leak and that one are congruent down to the letter with exception to these three characters.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
So apparently people are cancelling their preorders because of this leak. Why? Are you mad that your favorite character didn't make it in a 50+ character roster? One character?? Even so, this roster possibly doesn't even have all the characters in it......
Some people in the Smash community can never be satisfied :glare:
People overreact way too easily. Honestly I love Smash enough that I won't cancel my pre order even if Spongebob Squarepants was playable.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
The Ninka leak did not include Ridley.
>Dixie
>Shulk
>Chorus Men
>Ridley
>Bowser Jr
>Mewtwo
>Duck Hunt Dog

No info on reveal dates. Please do not ask

I do not know more.

That maybe all. Was not told
? It's marked as speculation but most of those seem pretty right.

Ridley is in, I'm pretty sure. We have proof that this isn't the complete roster because of the locked All-Star mode.

He mentioned the remaining characters.

These characters are part of a leak from July, before all of this happened. This leak and that one are congruent down to the letter with exception to these three characters.
Oh yeah that's the main reason I'm not sold on this being the whoooole roster. I feel like the empty spaces must be filled up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom