• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I don't care what you say but.....CLONES RULE!

#Dr.MARIO #DarkPit #Shulk

Ok but seriously I can't say it's "fake" anymore now so....Happy to see some clones because honestly it won't feel like a Smash game without some clones!

Now my only problem...Why does Ganondorf STILL have the same moveset?? Oh well.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sakurai should have just released trailers earlier.

Leaks are inevitable. And we want to know the content. Now, Shulks and bjr trailers will come out and it'll be cool, but he should have done what he did for the fire emblem characters.

If he's smart he'll announce the others, if they exist, before they are leaked too.
The good news is that whoever gets announced, we get to see in glorious HD. That's where the hype will come in.

I'm expecting Shulk to be revealed next.

THE HYPE IS REAL! JDHGPINFUDHFdGUDNGiDIGBDUFDNLGOU

@ SmasherP83 SmasherP83 Shulk isn't a clone. At least he doesn't look like he is. He's definitely got a few moves that are similar, but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Inb4 everyone who doubted is an ******* because they didn't buy it immediately.
I hope no one says this, I know I won't. This was a leak. It's nearly impossible to know a leak is real or fake until you see something so concrete you can't ignore it. Anyone who said they believed the leak is false has nothing to worry about.

Anyone who insulted everyone who believed the leak is an asshole.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I don't see how Doctor Mario is far from unique given he had the most unique Nair in the game he was from, and all of his A moves(well, most of them) were vastly different in functionality from Mario. Plus he'll have the Doc Tornado so he'll be Retro Mario, and for me, this is a good thing.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Now that the Gematsu leaker has all of them right except Chrom, what about this possibility:

I wonder if Chrom could be an alt skin for Marth or Lucina; maybe Chrom was supposed to be the clone initially, and Sakurai changed it up to Lucina, with Chrom as an alt skin to throw people off the scent. Announcing a Chrom skin would make a nice PotD.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Considering What has happened I'd say this Song seems like it fits the tone moods and genral stuff everyone is going through right now I Mean Its so hard to take it all in without seeing it as fake honestly

EDIT :
w-well.. that happened... no denying that anymore.
now for the remaining characters... oh dear let the hype train commence.
Dang it yoy beat me to it :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

B-But Dr. Mario, guys...

B-But Ness's stripes...

B-But Shulk is Little Mac...

B-But G&W's arm goes into Wario...

B-But Tomodachi stage is fake...

B-But no new Metroid stage (YET)...

B-But Dark Pit is not with Pit in the screen...

B-But Yoshi is in the middle of the Mario characters...

In a few weeks we'll look again at those comments and laugh I suppose.
No, we won't. Because those were logical deductions at the time (for the most part), especially after what happened to the Gematsu leak (another leak I was told I was stupid not to believe in).

My biggest issue with leaks, real or fake, is that they are always needlessly shady. There was no need for this guy to release a weird batch of screenshots with the worst camera quality ever, blurring off most of the new elements. If he had showed these videos from the very beginning, I would never have doubted him.

Last edited:

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Now that the Gematsu leaker has all of them right except Chrom, what about this possibility:

I wonder if Chrom could be an alt skin for Marth or Lucina; maybe Chrom was supposed to be the clone initially, and Sakurai changed it up to Lucina, with Chrom as an alt skin to throw people off the scent. Announcing a Chrom skin would make a nice PotD.
Except Chrom is in Lucina's Final Smash so that would be really confusing. I guess Lucina could be his? I dunno but I don't see it happening, they may as well have announced it alongside Female Robin.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
Good Lord....THANK YOU SAKURAI!!!! #TeamReal let's go and celebrate our victory of awesomeness. Also Boweser Jr looks great

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
The good news is that whoever gets announced, we get to see in glorious HD. That's where the hype will come in.

@ SmasherP83 SmasherP83 Shulk isn't a clone. At least he doesn't look like he is. He's definitely got a few moves that are similar, but you know what I mean.

I don't think Shulk is a clone, but he certainly appears to be an amalgam of all the sword fighters: Marth, Link, Ike, which might be why he appears right after clone characters. Either that, or they're lumping him with third party characters since Monolith isn't a homegrown Nintendo studio.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633

I know he isn't a clone but I just wanted to add him in since I really wanted him in this game. I mean Xenoblade Chronicles was a pretty awesome game!

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
well if the roster doesn't overlap the screen there could be 6 more fighters that could be in

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how Doctor Mario is far from unique given he had the most unique Nair in the game he was from, and all of his A moves(well, most of them) were vastly different in functionality from Mario. Plus he'll have the Doc Tornado so he'll be Retro Mario, and for me, this is a good thing.
Because artwise and programming wise he's incredibly easy to make. That's what bothers people about clones. I played Doc in Melee and PM so I won't complain too hard.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Is it weird that the first thing I thought was funny people who say Yoshi can't be in the middle of Mario characters, he IS a damn Mario character

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Ridley ;_;

All the taunting. All the BS. For nothing.

And then they're going to add Snake even though Kojima gives two ****s about Smash and Nintendo. BS.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

OathToAwesome

Smash Cadet
Is it weird that the first thing I thought was funny people who say Yoshi can't be in the middle of Mario characters, he IS a damn Mario character
In Smash, he's considered part of the Yoshi series, with his own independent symbol and stages. DK is the same.

Well he is usually separated from them in the past games. He's listed as a Yoshi's Island character since he has a different icon. Besides, the roster is incomplete so he'll probably move around.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Okay so for the past few days I've seen multiple times that this isn't the final roster and that the dlc leak was fake. Do we know this for sure guys?

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Ridley ;_;

All the taunting. All the BS. For nothing.

And then they're going to add Snake even though Kojima gives two ****s about Smash and Nintendo. BS.
He still has a chance. He's really the only character that I want left. I'm happy with the game doesn't have him but if it does... it's perfect and I have no one to root for for Smash 5.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Well my favorite character is still a clone of Captain Falcon basically. No Death Man's Volley, no sword attacks, pretty lazy of them, and he looks slow as **** still.

Don't know anything about Shulk but he seems cool.

Bowser Jr. is interesting. Would have preferred Waluigi...

Dark Pit and Dr. Mario should just be alternate skins. Really? Dr. Mario as his own slot and Mewtwo doesn't come back???

Duck Hunt Dog I would be interested in playing haha

I'm sort of praying this is still fake though, I'm mostly disappointing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom