• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
Ope different language. Leak confirmed fake.

Sakurai releases English PotD's. The english game exists, believe it or not.
I wasn't implying it was fake. All I was saying is that the Brawl leak wasn't in English, because you made it sound like it was English during it's leak.

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
Almost positive it's been considered many times. I've considered it. In fact, I've been hoping for it for months in case the character honestly was a problem for the 3DS, because the idea of cutting a character to make the rosters the same is stupid. That's why the pic in my sig is only of Popo's face, instead of squeezing them both in.

Besides, they are called "Ice Climber", not plural, in Japan. So it'd still work.

That really didn't seem to stop Sheik or Charizard, did it?

I would honestly have 1 than none. It'd just be a new-old character, like Pit.
Would you really rather get rid of what makes them special though? With only one, its just a guy with a hammer. It would just be a smaller Dedede with some ice abilities here and there.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
About this lock...

I find a few odd things about it:
-The lock looks a little strange. By that I mean the top right corner of it seems to be missing.
-I don't think previous Smash games had locks on unlockable modes, but rather just appeared when you did unlock them.
-If this picture was took on the bottom screen, shouldn't there be a description as well? (An unlockable mode would probably not show a picture but no description)

Edit: Bottom screen

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Holy crap....I just realized something. For the pics that said the levels and had Ness, DHD, Diddy, and CF, people were confused why they said their levels, right? Well, who's to say that the players just named themselves that? You guys probably already talked about this so I most likely look ******** but this is just something I found interesting.

Jackalmore

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jackal96
Holy crap....I just realized something. For the pics that said the levels and had Ness, DHD, Diddy, and CF, people were confused why they said their levels, right? Well, who's to say that the players just named themselves that? You guys probably already talked about this so I most likely look ******** but this is just something I found interesting.
I honestly thought I was the only one who thought about this.

Mewter

Smash Master
Yep, it's been mentioned.
People always seemed to ignore it in discussion, though it is a legitimate point.

NNID
User7a1
Wouldn't it be better to assume that the levels mean handicap levels like how 64 and Melee did things? I doubt the leakers would throw a curve ball like that. And besides doing them manually, handicap can also have been done automatically through the options.
And I for the life of me cannot find where it has been mentioned before, so sorry if this was said.

Last edited:

Mewter

Smash Master
Wouldn't it be better to assume that the levels mean handicap levels like how 64 and Melee did things? I doubt the leakers would throw a curve ball like that. And besides doing them manually, handicap can also have been done automatically through the options.
And I for the life of me cannot find where it has been mentioned before, so sorry if this was said.
They are in the same position as the names are already, don't know what would happen if they gave themselves custom names as well.
What purpose would there be in displaying handicap level in the name box? Has it been done that way before?

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
They are in the same position as the names are already, don't know what would happen if they gave themselves custom names as well.
What purpose would there be in displaying handicap level in the name box?
Fair enough. Found where the level thing was mentioned in the 2nd post, so those theories make sense.

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
It could also be that the levels used as names were there for the sake of clarification. For example, let's assume that the levels aren't able to be seen through normal means during a match. However, since this leak is being presented as a bunch of videos and pictures being sent to the ESRB, those names could have been put in place to help show off features of the game. Granted, it may be a little far-fetched, but still certainly possible.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
The recent miiverse pics are congruent in design with all the other menu design pics we've gotten.

you know what looks like it was designed by a completely different person? the css leak. also the sss leak

messy, plain, ugly, little to no rhyme or reason in the layout. The more time passes, the more reasons i find to not believe the leak

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
OK, time to put an end to the "Stage Select Screen is out of place/weird." argument once and for all.

(Clarification: A quick mock up of what the SSS would look like according to the leak.)

Notice that the gray bar with "Smash" "2" "Time" etc in the leak is actually the top of the bottom screen. It was clipped off. Other images of the bottom screen always have this gray bar... so that must be where that stuff goes.

Something I learned while making this... It would be nigh impossible to make all the stage select icons. The angles and content of each stage are completely new in many cases.

Last edited:

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
If Dark Pit is in the game i expect him to be like Doctor Mario expect with his moves changed lighty aka More Power and Less Speed

• Neutral Special: Sliver Bow (Dark Pit fires an arrow of darkness. Slower but more powerful
  • Side Special: End-All Arm ( Similar to Upperdash Arm but slower and more powerful)
  • Up Special: Wings of Pandora ( Similar to Pit's up special in SSBB)
  • Down Special: Pandora Shield ( Similar to Pit's down special in SSBB)

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
The recent miiverse pics are congruent in design with all the other menu design pics we've gotten.

you know what looks like it was designed by a completely different person? the css leak. also the sss leak

messy, plain, ugly, little to no rhyme or reason in the layout. The more time passes, the more reasons i find to not believe the leak
The character select screen might have to look pretty plain due to how many characters that they're trying to fit onto such a small resolution, 400x200 I think.
Also, we've seen what the classic mode menu looks like before, all that was new from the PoTD was the hint at multiple end bosses.

Last edited:

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Hey, i'm not sure if this has been pointed out, I haven't seen it yet but after talk of Bowser Jr's moveset in the clown copter thing, i checked back to the image of him and you can see the green rim of the clown copter. If the leak is legit, it's definitely a cool fighting style it seems.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
There's quite a lot of confusion about the menus, emblems and so on. Here's just some of my findings. I don't completely believe or deny the leak, so I'm trying to remain unbiased.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Almost positive it's been considered many times. I've considered it. In fact, I've been hoping for it for months in case the character honestly was a problem for the 3DS, because the idea of cutting a character to make the rosters the same is stupid. That's why the pic in my sig is only of Popo's face, instead of squeezing them both in.

Besides, they are called "Ice Climber", not plural, in Japan. So it'd still work.

That really didn't seem to stop Sheik or Charizard, did it?

I would honestly have 1 than none. It'd just be a new-old character, like Pit.
Problem with this; Sheik and Charizard were already designed as capable solo characters who could stand on their own, and you would need to do very minimal work to separate them. Just give them a new down special and boom, you got a completely viable solo character. With the Ice Climbers, they were explicitly designed and balanced around their "2-in-1" gimmick; you would have to completely revamp Popo to make him a viable solo character.

Additionally, Sheik and Charizard are worthwhile and appealling solo characters, while Popo really isn't. 90+% of Sheik players pretty much never bother transforming to Zelda, outside of exploiting Zelda's farther recovery in Melee or to get a quick u-smash kill in Brawl when their kill moves are stale and an opponent is being very stubborn (and Zelda players never transformed into Sheik either). With Charizard, the vast majority of people who dabbled with the Pokemon Trainer did it because they liked one of the pokemon, rather than the gimmick itself (and consequentially, the Pokemon Trainer had almost no serious mainers because almost no one liked being forced to play the other pokemon, among PT's other serious problems). With the Ice Climbers, people who played them did so because they liked their "2-in-1" gimmick and all the nuances with it (or because they found competitive success exploiting the broken bull**** stemming from their gimmick), rather than liking what the individual climbers offered themselves.

Plus quite simply, the Ice Climbers just aren't worth anything to Smash without their gimmick. The only reason they got in Melee in the first place was because their "2-in-1" potential made them a far more unique and interesting character than their retro competitors. Without it, Popo is just a basic hammer swinging character with barren interesting moveset potential, with no outside Smash notoriety whatsoever to merit putting him in regardless of subpar moveset. Not to mention, bringing in Popo alone would be like bringing back Olimar without the Pikmin. There's just no point to it, and it's much better for Sakurai to put that development time towards other much better characters, rather than focusing it on a botched veteran that would have very limited appeal.

Also, the only reason I'm seeing people advocating for the Climbers to come back alone is because of an irrational adherence to them getting cut, rather than because a solo Climber actually offers anything to Smash and anyone actually being interested in playing a solo Climber.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom