• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Could the OP add the fact that the Pictochat icon in the leak's SSS shows a sketch that doesn't appear to be from any form of the Brawl stage? It mentions that the icon is different, but I don't think anyone else's brought up that difference (I didn't even notice it until tonight).
I just did. However, the images I had in the OP regarding the two other levels that were changed seemed to have disappeared. Can someone remind me what the two stages were?

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Game & Watch's portrait on the CSS. It's different from the Pac-Man trailer G&W Model. An argument against this is that Sakurai changed his model but why? Why ditch a new design?

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/pic-of-the-day
Check this.
Week 31: August 1, 2013
There is a pink stage, what looks like the insides of something.

Now compare it to:

The pink stage here looks similar? Same colored platform and what could be the same background.
That's the reset bomb forest in the pic of the day. It's a coincidence because that's the second phase of the stage.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/pic-of-the-day
Check this.
Week 31: August 1, 2013
There is a pink stage, what looks like the insides of something.

Now compare it to:

The pink stage here looks similar? Same colored platform and what could be the same background.

Doubt it, the PotD your mentioning is the 2nd half of the Reset Bomb Factory, it's nowhere near that bright, plus the Reset Bomb Factory stage is the 2nd pic of the same row, right next to the game boy stage.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I just did. However, the images I had in the OP regarding the two other levels that were changed seemed to have disappeared. Can someone remind me what the two stages were?
Mushroomy Kingdom and Distant Planet, I believe? EDIT: Quote for clarity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

was it mushroomy kingdom and the pikmin stage?

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I didn't see anything about this in the 2nd post, so here goes:

Argument: Assuming the leak is fake, the leaker obviously had to take care to make the profiles on the CSS match the ones that we saw already in the E3 demo. Now, there are also a ton of characters who weren't in the demo, so for those characters' portraits, it's okay to just make them up, right? Well, it turns out we HAVE seen the character portraits for a bunch of characters that weren't in the demo, seen at :46 here in the 3DS trailer:

and if you look closely at that part of the video and the CSS in the leak, the cropping in many of the portraits, notably all of the characters who weren't in the demo, are different.

(Many of the differences might be hard to spot for some, but basically they are cropped differently. For instance, in Peach's portrait in the trailer, her crown is cropped out, whereas in the one in the leaked CSS, it isn't)

The counterarguments here could be:

A. They changed the cropping of the portraits since the demo (why?)
B. The team portraits aren't the same as the ones used in the 3DS version's CSS (However, a lot of them are)
C. The leaker doesn't overlook things. see: CPU bold line thing (Well, I agree the leaker has a meticulous eye if these are fake, but it is possible they overlooked this one thing)

This certainly isn't hard proof of anything, though I think it reduces the leak's believability just slightly.
(Credit goes to my friend Sarah for helping point this out)
All I'm gonna say is that Alax actually used photoshop on them and said they weren't like that...

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I wish leaks were easier to prove fake or the real deal...like, come on, why can't leakers ever upload a vid or some gameplay instead of bad quality pictures? It makes it all so hard ;_;

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I wish leaks were easier to prove fake or the real deal...like, come on, why can't leakers ever upload a vid or some gameplay instead of bad quality pictures? It makes it all so hard ;_;
In this scenario it's ESRB videos so it's hard to upload a video ;_;

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
All I should say about this...

Everthing that people believe is a lie, may be true until evidence is presented against it.

Just finished surfing the Ninka leak thread, people were claiming false with no decisive evidence.

Then lets make this more interesting and add witness.

I believe is true, Shun also told me the same thing he told Ninka, he showed me the recolors while chatting on skype. All BEFORE this mess started.

Doc. , Dark Pit, B Jr, and the dog from duck hunt, as well as the Bowser palletes... as well as the cuts and returning veterans, I know he was serious about it as he was also baffled. He was honest.

When I saw the pallete swap for Bowser, I as a texturer myself, could not believe how precise it ended up to be. This is legit in my book.

Last edited:

OathToAwesome

Smash Cadet
Sorry if I missed these being mentioned somewhere, but there's a few details I'd like to discuss:

A lot of people have said that the connected screens could be because this is a highlight reel sent to the ESRB, but they're potato quality due to being camera pictures of said reel. Assuming that is the case, wouldn't the leaker have access to a video file that they could post, therefore having much higher quality pictures?

Regarding the custom name: if this was in fact a video sent to the ESRB, why would it have custom name mentioning them? Having a name displayed over player 1 would be both unnecessary and actually detrimental due to potentially blocking part of the screen. Even stranger, the name is extremely long - 8 characters if memory serves. Not only does this seem unlikely due to no previous Smash games having this long of custom names, 8-character names would block a large part of the screen. The view-obscuring makes even less sense when you consider that the whole point of the highlight reel is to show off potentially inappropriate content - even if a massive name floating over the player's head didn't block anything offensive, it might seem like it was, and is just unprofessional.

TL;DR: Connected screens but terrible quality is weird; the insanely long name is even weirder.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Everthing that people believe is a lie, may be true until evidence is presented against it.

Just finished surfing the Ninka leak thread, people were claiming false with no decisive evidence.

I believe is true, Shun also told me the same thing he told Ninka, he showed me the recolors while chatting on skype. All BEFORE this mess started.

Doc. , Dark Pit, B Jr, and the dog from duck hunt, as well as the Bowser palletes... as well as the cuts and returning veterans, I know he was serious about it as he was also baffled. He was honest.

When I saw the pallete swap for Bowser, I as a texturer myself, could not believe how precise it ended up to be. This is legit in my book.
Doctor Mario pallete swaps?
Is the Black Coat of Win back? :3

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
If this leak is true, then I'm honestly more disappointed in the stage options we have than the characters. Ness being back is nice. Dark Pit is ok only because I liked Uprising and Pit's standard move set does not include many of the weapons he has access to. Dr. Mario doesn't have FLUDD, and Duck Hunt is strangely deserving of a character because it ended up being a high selling launch title for the NES. I have little attachment to Snake, Ice Climbers (ok, them being cut is a little sad), Lucas, or Wolf. But luckily, the whole DLC thing means they aren't gone forever. It also means some highly requested characters like Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie, and Toad (wishful thinking) could still get in too.

As for stages, no new DK, Metroid, or Star Fox stage, and the new Kirby Stage is going have walk-off edges and probably a lot of hazards like the Game & Watch stages? No thanks. At least the new ones confirmed by PotD so far look fun.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
One of the reasons why I have a feeling this is fake. If this is real, then why not get the bottom screen in all of the single-screened pics, or get some higher quality, more focused pics; or hell, why not even get some pics of multiple different modes and features in the game (different trophy modes, single player, Smash Run,Home Run Contest/Target Test, screenshot screens, etc.) like the pre-Brawl leaks. Or, maybe some footage? I don't know, this leak is really playing with my emotions. :confused:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
One of the reasons why I have a feeling this is fake. If this is real, then why not get the bottom screen in all of the single-screened pics, or get some higher quality, more focused pics; or hell, why not even get some pics of multiple different modes and features in the game (different trophy modes, single player, Smash Run,Home Run Contest/Target Test, screenshot screens, etc.) like the pre-Brawl leaks. Or, maybe some footage? I don't know, this leak is really playing with my emotions. :confused:
I agree. Honestly, Lucas and Snake don't really matter to me, Wolf I wouldn't mind being cut or not, but I'd prefer his return, and WHAT THE F**K NO ICE CLIMBERS?! That's just sad :(

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
Regarding the custom name: if this was in fact a video sent to the ESRB, why would it have custom name mentioning them? Having a name displayed over player 1 would be both unnecessary and actually detrimental due to potentially blocking part of the screen. Even stranger, the name is extremely long - 8 characters if memory serves. Not only does this seem unlikely due to no previous Smash games having this long of custom names, 8-character names would block a large part of the screen. The view-obscuring makes even less sense when you consider that the whole point of the highlight reel is to show off potentially inappropriate content - even if a massive name floating over the player's head didn't block anything offensive, it might seem like it was, and is just unprofessional.
If I remember correctly, back during E3, the 3DS version had a pretty long default nickname, but the nickname didn't show up . I think instead of saying Player 1 in the nickname slot, it just uses whatever's the 3DS's nickname that you set when you started it up for the first time.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

How were you able to contact the leakers and why should we believe this?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
I love this so much, all of this leak business. Here's a little blast from the past, I found it on one of these boards.
No, this is not a leak. This is just common sense.

I'm a long-time lurker at various smashbros forums (gamefaqs, neogaf, smashboards, here, etc). I've never registered, primarily because I'm not interested in fawning over various "prophets". I'm tired of reading the same things over and over again, so I'm making my first post.

Here goes:

Nintendo is slowly releasing the names of characters. We currently have a 22 character roster confirmed for sure [on smashbros.com]. Now, the 35-man rosters that are being bandied around have Lucario, Wolf, and ROB as the ONLY surprises [ie: unreleased, new appearances]

Are you serious?

1. If you're Sakurai, you don't put in years of work on new characters just to release it all ahead of time. That doesn't make sense from a marketing perspective or even from an enjoyment perspective. Sakurai obviously cares about the entire game experience (not just the tournament-scene multiplayer) and thus he will try to have plenty of surprises for avid smashers.

2. If you have a character in Melee, you're not just going to take him out without reason. There's no reason to leave out Mewtwo. There just isn't. He's a **** fighter - so what? Was the disk going to explode if they included the genetic freak? They have a move set already. They have models already made (from various games, including Melee). Why not put him in? Answer: they would, unless they already have more than enough characters [and basically everyone agrees that there aren't enough characters]

3. 35 is a strange number. This is a bit random, but they had 14 the first game, then 25 the second game [a 'meager' increase of 11]. Now, they know that people complained about the lack of characters in Melee - why increase the character count by even fewer? It makes little-to-no sense.

4. The Famitsu argument: 240 hours (the declared playing time for all characters combined) is not cleanly divisible by 35. 40 and 48 both work much better.

5. Clones. Seriously, even if I'm the laziest gamemaker in the world (which Sakurai is not), I know I'm going to get heavily scrutinized by fanboys and avid smashers for the number of characters I include. Why would I not make clones if I'm running short on character ideas? If I only have 35 characters so far (a meager increase of 10), why would I not throw in Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Roy? They're easy to program, since we already have the movesets, models, and physics. Speaking as a programmer, a clone is a programmer's best friend. There will be clones. Count on it.

6. Bosses. Some bosses don't play well as characters (see: Giga Bowser, Rayquaza, Master Hand). But that's mainly due to their size. I refuse to believe that any normal sized bosses will appear in smash and not be selectable as characters. It would be oddly limiting. Again, remember that Sakurai knows the criticisms of character quantity. He'll do everything to prevent that this time around. For instance, Ridley - if they're going to program a move set, physics, and a model for him, they'd be silly not putting him in (it's for this reason that I'll believe the ROB rumors, btw - they have him programmed for SSE, why not as a character?).

7. There are still many characters left on Sakurai's poll. Even if they were clones, Sakurai would put them in. Black Knight? Easy to clone [pseudo Ike clone]. Isaac? How hard is it to make Yet Another Swordsman?

Conclusion: The point that I'm making here is not that any of the characters mentioned above are in for sure [read: I don't know if Isaac, Black Knight, Ridley, Mewtwo, Roy, etc.. are in], but rather that Sakurai would never let the game have only 35 characters. It just wouldn't happen. If they went through the trouble to program Sonic (despite not knowing if they'd get the rights, iirc), they'll certainly make sure the game is saturated with characters. I'm betting on 40+ -- 48 would be mouth-watering.QUOTE]

I think he's making sense. Why would Sakurai work on this game for so long when only he'll include 35 characters?
I feel like in no time we'll be looking back at these threads the same way. Certain points jump out at me though...

"35 is a strange number." - Interesting logic!

"If you have a character in Melee, you're not just going to take him out without reason." - Whoops!

I do like his points on clones, however.

I don't mean this to be an argument for or against the leak, just take a moment to reflect on how silly we are (all) going to look soon :p

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
The cuts are definitely the worst part, cutting Wolf and Lucas doesn't make much sense. If anything, the smaller franchises should always keep whatever representation they get, it helps to keep that series' legacy alive.
That said, Wolf and Lucas could be nestled safely behind the walls of unlocking, no way to know for sure, or waiting in the wings to come sailing in with their DLC flags waving.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I love this so much, all of this leak business. Here's a little blast from the past, I found it on one of these boards.

I feel like in no time we'll be looking back at these threads the same way. Certain points jump out at me though...

"35 is a strange number." - Interesting logic!

"If you have a character in Melee, you're not just going to take him out without reason." - Whoops!

I do like his points on clones, however.

I don't mean this to be an argument for or against the leak, just take a moment to reflect on how silly we are (all) going to look soon :p
That's just depressing.

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
Assuming this is real…

I think the most bizarre choice is Dr. Mario returning. Technically, it IS still Mario, just with a different outfit on. I guess the pills effects is worth making a whole new character for? I can understand Dark Pit, but Dr. Mario surprises me.

If this is true and he does get in, I really hope they at least changes his final smash.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Assuming this is real…

I think the most bizarre choice is Dr. Mario returning. Technically, it IS still Mario, just with a different outfit on. I guess the pills effects is worth making a whole new character for? I can understand Dark Pit, but Dr. Mario surprises me.

If this is true and he does get in, I really hope they at least changes his final smash.
Dr. mario's Final smash: He shoots Viruses at everyone. If they get hit, pills come down from the sky, hit the viruses and explode.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Assuming this is real…

It'll probably be a dragon made of pills.

chanchimi

Smash Rookie
Sorry if I missed these being mentioned somewhere, but there's a few details I'd like to discuss:

A lot of people have said that the connected screens could be because this is a highlight reel sent to the ESRB, but they're potato quality due to being camera pictures of said reel. Assuming that is the case, wouldn't the leaker have access to a video file that they could post, therefore having much higher quality pictures?

TL;DR: Connected screens but terrible quality is weird; the insanely long name is even weirder.
That's an interesting point about the custom name I hadn't thought of before! Not the length, but that it mentions the ESRB. A little odd, and I can't really think of a very logical reason, especially if it did come from a highlight reel.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
What i find.. weird about the leak is that it doesn't include Ridley (they did say they haven't unlocked everyone but)

I know Ridley's a sensitive topic, (AND I DONT MEAN TO DERAIL THIS TOPIC) but to me it just seems that the Ridley teases have pretty much been thrown in our collective face, and i'd just be totally shocked if he isn't in the game as a playable character or at least an assist.

Then again, that last part might've just answered my own question..

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
How were you able to contact the leakers and why should we believe this?
Simple, I am a member of the smash 3 project, as well as shun and ninka, we communicate by skype to do our stuff. I was responsable of texturing Bowser, as many members that visited the thread already know, shun showed me the palletes, a week later the rest of the info. You can check the smash 3 op to look for the members of the project, I am in it. Thats the evidence of contact.

Why believe it?
I got nothing that tells you to believe me. Neither do I care to be believed. For I never posted on a chatter section of smashboards to know any of you. I never, ever wanted to be involved, but after I saw the bussiness with shun has settled, I tough it was safe and just get the secret out of my chest. I do however, have one last piece of evidence that proves my knowledge of the leak before it started. I'm on mobile however, and I need to take a single facebook screen sharing a post that dates before this mess started, by tomorrow, I'll share the pics.

I don't wanna be seen like a liar... its a bad first impression.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
What i find.. weird about the leak is that it doesn't include Ridley (they did say they haven't unlocked everyone but)

I know Ridley's a sensitive topic, (AND I DONT MEAN TO DERAIL THIS TOPIC) but to me it just seems that the Ridley teases have pretty much been thrown in our collective face, and i'd just be totally shocked if he isn't in the game as a playable character or at least an assist.

Then again, that last part might've just answered my own question..
We know man, we know. There's very few people here who don't want Ridley in the game.

At this point, I have no idea if he's likely or not.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Final Smash: Dr. Mario Finale: Acts like Mario Finale except when it gets to the end there's a giant explosion, so in other words it's like ten times better than Mario Finale. :laugh:
But seriously, if this is real, hopefully he'll have some differences. Like slower but more powerful, down B is still Mario Tornado, etc. (and maybe 'Dr. Mario Finale' should be the Final Smash :laugh: ) . You know, maybe he'll be the better Mario.
You know it's sad when a Dr. version of you is better than you. :laugh:

Last edited:

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Simple, I am a member of the smash 3 project, as well as shun and ninka, we communicate by skype to do our stuff. I was responsable of texturing Bowser, as many members that visited the thread already know, shun showed me the palletes, a week later the rest of the info. You can check the smash 3 op to look for the members of the project, I am in it. Thats the evidence of contact.

Why believe it?
I got nothing that tells you to believe me. Neither do I care to be believed. For I never posted on a chatter section of smashboards to know any of you. I never, ever wanted to be involved, but after I saw the bussiness with shun has settled, I tough it was safe and just get the secret out of my chest. I do however, have one last piece of evidence that proves my knowledge of the leak before it started. I'm on mobile however, and I need to take a single facebook screen sharing a post that dates before this mess started, by tomorrow, I'll share the pics.

I don't wanna be seen like a liar... its a bad first impression.
Take your time friend, we are not hear to rip you apart. When you get around to it, show us what you have. I'm looking forward to it.

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
Final Smash: Dr. Mario Finale: Acts like Mario Finale except when it gets to the ends there's a giant explosion, so in other words it's like ten times better than Mario Finale. :laugh:
But seriously, if this is real, hopefully he'll have some differences. Like slower but more powerful, down B is still Mario Tornado, etc. (and maybe 'Dr. Mario Finale' should be the Final Smash :laugh: ) . You know, maybe he'll be the better Mario.
You know it's sad when a Dr. version of you is better than you. :laugh:
Mario Tornado is great and all, but doesn't Luigi have that?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey, you know what is a funny thought?

Dr. Mario is more of a clone to Luigi than to Mario. As Mario has a different special move than Dr. Mario. FLUDD to Tornado.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom