• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
In favor of all of Smash 4 being a giant hoax:

I'm in favor of that being an homage to Mario and Fludd; 1)

2) Artwork for Smash 4 is pretty sinister in-terms of "attitude" of the characters. Seems fitting.

3) Mario's official art and renders are very similar in style. But you seem to let slide the other errors and hackjobs of menus, texts and renders of say, Shulk?

So it's enough to make you say that the leak is real? It's not even evidence. I can understand remaining neutral, but to believe it's real is to do it on faith that it is so. "Oh well they look the same, so I'm all in"

"Gematsu said Wii Fit Trainer, who would have thought that? REAL."

I've thought it.

"Tomodachi screen is out of this world. REAL."

Actually, it's barely a 9kb photoshop file.

"Well the CSS makes sense with having no names. REAL."

Sense? It's common gamer sense, actually. You think of an idea that deem being reasonable. Once it's put out there, people are acting like they didn't think of it beforehand, so it must be real.

Also, HOAX.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
It's interesting how even this guy is posting things from a "source." I wonder how many original "sources" there are or if it's only the original ESRB leaker...

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
He never said it was a POTD, but he said that if it happened to be shown in one it would be proved.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I think I'll not sleep tonight. Oh well, Das Koopa will have to find the topics while I'll post the images. :troll:

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
I dont understand why people are taking this leak as gods law. If someone finds a flaw with the leak people will give all the what ifs in the world. I am completely disappointed in this roster

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
He never said it was a POTD, but he said that if it happened to be shown in one it would be proved.
Right: He DID NOT say it would be in the PotD, that's on my part. I assume it'd be a good place to look for it.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Duck Hunt seems Like it's a Tag Team.......? No I mean an actual Tag Team! to me at least! i think they would both have a special which switches the Dog to the Duck like in a street fighter game I mean the artwork even looks like this With the Duck Tagging out and the Dog tagging in! But I'm probably wrong

It Could really spice up the general Tag Teams of Smash! But I'm pretty sure I'm wrong

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
From this "leaker"

"Basically the screens i received are only of menu layouts, however there is 100% unique artwork that has me convinced without a shadow of a doubt that its legit.

Now apparently these photos were from the same exact person who leaked the roster photos.

Now before, I was skeptical because I thought there was a lot of potentially reused assets and only necessary renders and potential photo shop. However, these menu pictures provide enough proof for me as it features screen shots never seen and menu art that would be difficult to mock up."

This guy has been around gamefaqs for 10 years or so, not that that makes him instantly credible, just interesting to note.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
No, because the allstar smash picture i was shown had a lock icon on it. and a highscore of "0" implying it may be locked due to the whole roster not being unlocked
Could mean this is not final.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Apparently the menu he saw had "All-Star" locked, so that means that there are still some characters left to be seen. Which is basically what has been assumed (And hoped).

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
If this is the real roster, I have only one problem with it: The same problem I had with Brawl. Why reveal your "best" and most requested characters two years before the game comes out? Why leave "Dug Hunt Dog" as the final one? No disrespect to its fans, I am sure he will be a cool character, but he isn't really something that makes people go wow, I really need to get this game on release day. Why not show PAC-Man one week before the game comes out, instead on a freaking press conference that isn't even broadcasted?!

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
........Has anyone considered the possibility of an advance wars character replacing snake?:p

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Apparently the menu he saw had "All-Star" locked, so that means that there are still some characters left to be seen. Which is basically what has been assumed (And hoped).
That's a problem in and of itself, since All-Star doesn't even appear until you unlock every character, at least going by Melee and Brawl. I expect that trend to continue.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

Will be imaging things like this since the topic will inevitably be deleted knowing how terribad Gamefaqs mods are.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We sure this NessInEagleland guy is credible? I remember him being a regular user on Gamefaqs, so he's probably just messing around.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Ancients and Sages (people with 2000-3000+ karma) are people who have been on the site several years. You don't typically see them trolling a whole lot on gaming forums.
We sure this NessInEagleland guy is credible? I remember him being a regular user on Gamefaqs, so he's probably just messing around.
Guy has been around nine years. Possibly, but we don't know.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
He may or may not get verified soon, but it's no issue to keep and eye out for what he says, it's if people take it to heart without evidence that we need to worry about.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
But in the grand scheme of things, if Sakurai had his way, the 3DS version would be the only version. If anything, the Wii U version is holding back what the 3DS version could have been.
No, this is a myth stemming from a misinterpretation of a Sakurai interview, akin to "Sakurai said Smash 4 wouldn't have more characters than Brawl!".

Shortly after Brawl, before the Wii U was conceptualised, Sakurai and Iwata discussed making a general handheld Smash (not necessarily THE Smash 4, but just a handheld Smash), to capitalise on the immense demand for it. Sakurai put it off, to get experience on the 3DS first (leading to Uprising). Later on after the Wii U came into existence, Nintendo would then ask Sakurai which console he wanted to make Smash 4 for, where Sakurai then chose both. There was never a planned 3DS-only Smash 4 that was then "forced onto the Wii U".

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Can someone confirm it ? If it's true we can skip on him.
I can confirm that. My account over there's been around FAR longer than his, and he's been known to troll.

Having said that, it's worth at least keeping what he's shown us in mind as with all things, until we have reason to suspect we shouldn't.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
NessInEagleland isn't credible, he's a known troll.
can you present evidence of this pls

Cosidering you made a bunch of Chrom won't be in/bait FE topics pre-July I can't exactly be confident in your assessment.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
I still don't understand why people think Nana needs to continue to have a full AI. If she's with Popo, she mimics his actions like Luma does, just with a brief delay. The only problem is when she's separated and able to attack enemies on her own, which can be useful but does not strike me as a core part of her character. If Nana's solo AI was simplified so that she would just run and jump to get back to Popo, just like Luma does when Rosalina loses control of it, how would the Ice Climbers be any harder to implement?

Worst-case scenario? They can't implement two Ice Climbers at all. That STILL wouldn't mean the character would have to be dropped. They could remove Nana's full "character" status and make her just a part of Popo, probably with some nerfs to compensate for the inability to get separated. Or they could just have you select either Popo or Nana to control, depending on costume, as a buffed solo Ice Climber, and maybe call in the other as an assist for stuff like Belay and a Final Smash.

It is simply not plausible that, in the face of all these options, they would choose to ignore every one of them and drop the character completely.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Sakurai was basically tricked to make another Smash game twice now by Iwata.

Though I'm sure most here would've preferred Iwata's original plan of just adding online to Melee and re-selling it for full price.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. All this coy teasing is getting pretty old. Can someone just post game play of Ridley and be done with it? :awesome:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

Claiming event mode will be axed from the 3DS version.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Double Post
Can't find the render anywhere. Proceed with caution.

EDIT: Clipped from the Return to Dreamland US boxart.
It's obviously fake! Dee is way brighter and the colours are more saturated than the other pictures.

You want lawsuits?
Because that's how you get lawsuits.

Last edited by a moderator:

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I really like this thread, "All sorts of hints and tips gathered together in one place." :4pikachu:

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

May actually not be cut. Claims there is a "Challenges" mode, but not in the SP menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom