• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I want moar info D:

Mainly so we can put this roster size debate to rest.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, what's your order of most to least missed cuts?
Miss:

:snake: - By far the most unique character to ever be in Smash, he was just so much fun! Really the biggest letdown of the roster.

:ivysaur: - Would have been insanely great as a solo character. It doesn't hurt as much though since I hate when he's tied to PT anyways.

:wolf: - Not so much because I like playing him, I actually think he sucks bad, but he's pretty fun because I suck at him. He became a running gag between me and my friends, so it's going to become a tad less fun without him.

Meh:

:squirtle: - Never cared about Squirtle, he plays awkwardly imo.

:lucas: - I liked Mother 3 fine, but not enough for me to really care about Lucas.

Don't Care:

:popo: - Least favorite character in Smash history, I'm fine with them being gone.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
As someone who has played Xenoblade I can tell you that Shulk definitely looks the way he should. Sloppy is even the word I would use to describe his style.
Shulk is basically a nerd that is the only guy that can use the game's OP sword because *insert overly complex plot*.

He basically fights because he needs to, not because he's a fighter, dude has probably studied his sword more than he has actually used it for combat so yeah, sloppy makes sense for him.

Last edited:

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Meh, I really really really don't care for Snake. He just never fit in to me. (Please don't bombard me with a bunch of quotes from Sakurai about how great of an addition he was. This is subjective)

However, I have a hole in my heart due to the losses of Wolf and Lucas. :crying:

Everyone's doing it now...
Miss:
:lucas: One of my favourite characters who was the protag of my second favourite game.
:wolf:Just removed a villain from the series who I like. I was okay with him.
Meh:
:popo: I barely used them but some of the most unique fighters are now gone then.
:snake:I like Snake but I agree he isn't the best fit for Smash.
:002:Unique fighting style but cutting her makes sense to me.
Don't Care:
:007:Never used Squirtle when using Pokemon Trainer. I found him hard to use and I don't even like him too much as a Pokemon.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
-Everything leaked is 3DS related which is obviously easier to fake
It's also easier to leak because it's from a handheld device, is already finished and will be released within 20 days.

-Every stage is something we've had in the past. No new stages shown.
This is true, but this doesn't mean that much because of the amount of stages that have already been officially shown. If the picture stage-list leak is to be true, it means that apart from lots more "past stages", we've not got much left.
--Looking carefully at the battlefield stage in the leak vid next to footage of battlefield from the direct it looks as if the quality of the stage itself is a bit off. Almost like a modded battlefield plastered on the actual background.
You're going to have to elaborate on what you really mean, because this just feels like suspicion. What is this a mod of? How could they perfectly recreate the stage alongside the games mechanics/art/animations/menus in just a mod? If you mean Brawl, then Project M is known as the most in-depth Brawl mod ever created, and they still are limited in what they can do; namely creating new projectiles is impossible. The transition into the results screen is something that isn't possible either, this is something completely new or it's just Smash 3DS.

-Ganondorf turns his back to the screen even though he doesn't wield a weapon. Still could be possible but characters are usually mirrored this time around.
Not all characters mirror themselves, such as Marth (they both have capes so it's nice to show details like this). Charizard is mirrored in the same video.

-Ganondorf also ledge guards Lucina in the video even though she should have trumped him.
I'm not sure what you're really talking about here? If you mean the part where Ganondorf was holding the ledge and Lucina fell to her death, that was because the Lucina player was throwing out attacks as she fast fell past Ganondorf, and you can't grab ledges while in the middle of a standard aerial attack (same with being in a helpless state).

-Nintendo can copyright claim ANYTHING that makes use of their characters without permission I'm pretty sure. Just because it was taken down doesn't mean it's automatically real. They could not want people to be misled by a fake leak and take it for the truth because it would still kill hype on smash related announcements in the future.
The amount of fake Smash content is astonishing, but we still have access to it because it doesn't affect Nintendo. This particular leak has caused an extremely aggressive reaction from Nintendo, and as such multiple mirrors are being taken out, some of which aren't even from Youtube. Nintendo haven't even denied that they're real, just saying "We have nothing to announce at this time.".

Also I just wanna say that I'm not saying you should fully believe anything haha, I just like talking through these things and hopefully helping anyone. I understand anyone being very sceptical, but I have to say that those who truly think it's a Brawl mod must not know that much about the limitations of Brawl modding.

Either way, the game is out extremely soon, and considering street dates are broken nearly all the time for huge releases such as this, we'll probably know the entire roster within the next 2 weeks. I'm hoping there's more newcomers! :drmario:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
I'll miss Wolf because he was my main in Brawl, but the others I felt perfectly fine with.
More new characters=More Fun!!:grin:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
So, what's your order of most to least missed cuts?
All of them in the same spot except Squirtle and Ivysaur.

But even though I miss the Ice Climbers, I don't want them to be WiiU exclusives. That would actually screw the 3DS version even more than it already is. It gets called inferior left and right and you think that one character won't make a difference? What if you're in a car ride and you have this itch to play the Ice Climbers, but you can't because they're all the way home. There's a lot of things wrong with version exclusive characters guys. There's a reason why Sakurai is not doing it.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Only cuts that really bother me are Wolf and Ice Climbers. The game needs more villains/rivals, not less. And I like the retro characters.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Would the guy get in more trouble if he leaked more? Isn't it just an action X gets response Y, does the amount leaked influence punishment or is there just a blanket punishment for leaking in general?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Longer and probably a little less nice answer: Yes, just give it up, it's all obviously real.
Note I'm not trying to debunk it, since it's looking pretty real, but those things are just making me more skeptical of this leak.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
As someone who has played Xenoblade I can tell you that Shulk definitely looks the way he should. Sloppy is even the word I would use to describe his style.
Damn. Hey, if we add Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, then we'll have 2 idiots swinging swords. :laugh:

Wander stole a sword and is implied to be a hunter or archer, so it made sense he'd be awkward with a sword. Not to mention he's using a sword on giant creatures over fighting soldiers and learning to fight a bit more conventionally. Actually, all he does is stab with the sword...

As for Shulk: No excuse. The world gave you an Infinity +1 Sword and you have no idea how to use the damn thing. Good thing's it magical and chosen you or else you'd be tearing your muscles swinging like a fool.

Ike's and his father's style is straight-up brutal and simple. Unconventional too, as others commented in his game, I think. Marth's graceful and Lucina's just emulating him instead of learning to fight with her own style - I still wished she had her stance from Awakening. And Link's, well, Link. So, Shulk's going to be the doofus of the group. Great...

Look's like Luigi finally has a buddy to hang out with. Oh wait, in-universe, Shulk's loved while Luigi's ignored. Better luck next time, my lean, mean, green machine. Anyway, I digress.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Let's do this then:

Miss:
:wolf: - He was one of my mains, so it really hurts to let him go. I still hope some of his moves went to Falco, thus making him less of a clone and potentially making him more interesting to me.
:snake: - I never really thought he fitted in Smash, but I liked his moveset. He was very fun to play as.

Meh:
:squirtle: - I kinda liked him. I almost always used Charizard anyways, but Squirtle was good. Greninja is a way better Water-type rep though.

Don't Care:
:ivysaur: - I like Ivysaur as a Pokémon, just not as a playable character. He felt weird.
:popo: - Never liked them. Also I think they're as charismatic as a brick. Granted, they were very unique, and it's sad to lose a unique character, but I feel like they don't really deserve to be in Smash. Hate me if you want to, it's free.
:lucas: - Never liked him. Him being in Brawl felt forced and unnecessary, and as I didn't like Ness to begin with, I wasn't fond of him either.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Would the guy get in more trouble if he leaked more? Isn't it just an action X gets response Y, does the amount leaked influence punishment or is there just a blanket punishment for leaking in general?
Yes? He leaked stuff and got into trouble. How much? I don't really know, but if he continues to leak stuff, then he'd get into more trouble.

It'd be like if I shot a guy in a back for no reason. I'd be arrested and jailed for however long. Now, if I shot the guy again, I'd probably get into more trouble. If I shot the guy dead, then well, you get the idea.

The guy dug a hole. If he keeps digging, it'll be his grave.

Last edited:

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Isn't Lucas a huge main character in Mother, though? Isn't is strange to remove a character that's important to a game series?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Miss::wolf:- My favorite Smash Bros character ever.

:popo: - Extremely unique moveset, with DHD being in, I would have loved to have teamed up 2 old NES-exclusive reps together in team battle.

:squirtle:- Iconic Pokemon with unique moveset, what's not to miss?
:ivysaur:- My personal favorite Pokemon character, and second favorite Smash Bros character.

Meh::snake:- I like Metal Gear, but Snake never really fit. I'm absolutely fine with him being cut, especially as Ubisoft aren't supporting the Wii U.
:lucas:- I'm not a Mother fan (haven't played any mother games yet), and I don't like his design. He reminds me of a kid I used to go to school with (funnily enough called Luke), and I couldn't stand him.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Isn't Lucas a huge main character in Mother, though? Isn't is strange to remove a character that's important to a game series?
Lucas was the main character of Mother 3, yeah. Still, he isn't especially necessary considering him and Ness are from different games (albeit, in the same series) but Earthbound actually made it stateside.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
I can understand the removal though. Mother is a series with three games (one in NA), and Ness and Lucas were similar. Ness represents the series well on his own, especially because his game was also released in NA.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Lucas is the main character of Mother 3 or Earthbound 3 if it was ever released overseas. Fans have made language patches and I watched a Let's Play on it. The Mother series looks like a fantastic RPG that unfortunately, seemed to be ahead of its time. The series was made when fantasy and sci-fi RPGs were all the rage. Mother/Earthbound is sci-fi, but takes place during the present. Also, it was more than just conquer the demons or slay the dragon, the series examines the theme of love, especially a mother's love, and how it impacts us. Mother 3 is the last game of the series and it's probably unlikely there'll be a Mother 4.

Nah, brah. Pikablu all deh whey. :p

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Miss: :lucas:- I always liked Ness better, but Lucas was a welcome addition. It's sad to see him go.

:popo: - I really liked these two. Not only am I sad to see them go, I'm going to really miss that awesome victory theme.

Don't Care: :wolf:- I never liked this guy. At all. But I feel sorry for the people who did.

:ivysaur::squirtle:- I don't really miss them. It's not that I don't like them either. I'm just indifferent, I guess.

:snake:- I never thought he fit in well. He was fun to be, but I don't mind seeing him go.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
:snake:: Good riddance, you rejected COD soldier :laugh: ! His moveset was ok, but I don't like his game and his inclusion wasn't very 'worthy' since he didn't have much history with Nintendo. Or at that matter, video games. :p
Somebody hasn't played a single mgs game, that's for sure. :joyful:
So this guy's life is ruined

https://i.4cdn.org/v/1409047937792.png

Yeesh

EDIT: Er, apparently there's a naughty word on there, not sure if it's okay
Betraying a friend who trusted you is one of the worst things you can do.
That kid really deserves punishment for this.

Vvaid0

Smash Rookie
Why does everyone hate on squirtle? Sure he's not the best character in smash but he's a pretty iconic pokemon. I always had a blast playing as him. His agility and fight style was pretty unique.

The ice climbers will be truly missed. I really hope the post release dlc happens. It would make sense. We know sakurai was having troubles with them. If they aren't ready yet they don't have to polish them to release the game.

That's just a dream of mine. Overall im very pleased with the roster. I can't wait for DHD and Little Mac

Raijinken

Smash Master
So it wouldn't make sense to have Chrom as a FS for Robin and a character. I would put IMO but I thought most people already realized this.
They could easily make it like Toon Link's appearance on Spirit Tracks, and swap Chrom out if he's on the field. Just have Frederick join the fight instead.

While we're doing the most-missed to least thing:
Miss:
:snake::wolf::lucas::roypm::mewtwopm:
Snake and Wolf were essentially unique characters, and I'm a Mother fan. Cutting reps from something that underrepresented would be saddening, unless Jeff or someone appears to take his place. Fire Emblem is my favorite series, and Mewtwo was fun to play as, while his "replacement" didn't really have the same feeling.

Ehh:
:popo:
I don't like playing them, don't know anyone in person who likes playing them, and while they're cool and I enjoyed the original Ice Climber, I don't think they bring anything to the game except the threat of infinite grab combos. Unless the 3DS issue is resolvable, I think the best non-cut option is to split them up or make it just Popo and use Nana in his Final Smash.

Give Them The Axe:
:ivysaur::squirtle:
I'm a Fire/Psychic trainer, get rid of these. Though from a gameplay stance I'd prefer they cut Jiggles and Greninjajaja and keep these two. But that didn't happen, so these get to go. We've got too many mons as-is.

Even with those cuts, I'm fine with the roster. Got Robin and Megaman, don't need anyone else.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Welp. I guess this means we're back to the drawing board with Bowser Jr, Shulk, and Dark Pit as only confirmed characters fully so far. But at least that guy got what he deserved. So sad we all fell for it. I though don't think this means anything to the above-mentioned three, it's just that all of these guys' guesses are as good as ours still. None still knows the full roster - and I'm sure we haven't seen it fully.

Gonna miss Icies and Lucas. Also Squirtle quite a bit. Wolf wasn't bad either, he was one of the best semi-clones ever emerge in the series. (-;A;-)

One thing though. I made a theory on if Daisy might possibly turn out to be an Alt for Peach from estimating what we saw in the leak:
I posted a whole theory for this in Tumblr:

From what resurfaced from leaks, it’s looking that we’re getting more costumes altering characters completely in SSB4. The Koopaling-alt thing is being supported quite by the fact that there’s now Larry-trophy depicting in one (unusually for him) and even Bowser Jr not fighting by his own rather, but his Koopa Clown Car.
This would support the idea of easily switching the “Driver” to other Koopalings in a whim, as they’d function same.

We also saw Metal Sonic in one leak video some days ago, showing him as another Alt Costume for Sonic, which now changes the character completely. Lastly, since the leak appears quite true, we could expect Alph to be one of Olimar’s alternate character look too akin to above characters and in fashion of Male Wii Fit Trainer, female Villagers and F!Robin.

Considering she was a basis for Peach’s yellow palette costume in last games. could this mean we might see Daisy as an ascended alt for Peach this time?

Metal Sonic-leak video here.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom