• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Was Everywhere

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicrox2009
Rightfully so, it seems he promised not to leak anything and decided to go nuts and unload on us yesterday. Sounded like a jerk too.

He didn't just break a promise, he cost someone their livelihood.
You mean Sakurai's livelihood? Do you think he'll still be able to work on future projects?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why does everyone hate on squirtle? Sure he's not the best character in smash but he's a pretty iconic pokemon. I always had a blast playing as him. His agility and fight style was pretty unique.

The ice climbers will be truly missed. I really hope the post release dlc happens. It would make sense. We know sakurai was having troubles with them. If they aren't ready yet they don't have to polish them to release the game.

That's just a dream of mine. Overall im very pleased with the roster. I can't wait for DHD and Little Mac
It's probably 'cause he ain't Charizard. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder if Alt's would change some moves completely, because it'd be pretty odd if Daisy was an alt and she was pulling out vegetables and Toads, not to mention the frying pan would seem a strange choice for her too.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Sorry I've missed a lot of the leaker story, can someone give me a quick rundown?

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Sorry I've missed a lot of the leaker story, can someone give me a quick rundown?
There's far too much for a rundown, but if you Google it I'm sure you'll get 99% of it from new articles on the subject.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wonder if Alt's would change some moves completely, because it'd be pretty odd if Daisy was an alt and she was pulling out vegetables and Toads, not to mention the frying pan would seem a strange choice for her too.
That's true, I guess. On the other hand it'd be just the matter of them changing animations, but not hitboxes. Of course, this could disprove my theory if taken in account if they won't. But you never know, she might as well do all the above anyway.

I thought on this nevertheless

- I guess Toad would be Snifit if pulled from Mario Party 3 (her trademark Battle Partner) - he'd shoot the metal pellets out instead of spores.

- Flower Glider from Mario Karts into her parasol. Fitting and seamless.

- Frying Pan changes to a Strikers Soccer Kick. Or she pulls her own variant to switch the frying pan. It could give her new character.

- Change some attacks' animations to more flashier and dynamic, like using more kicks and fists instead of magic.

Yeah, this could turn her to more of a semi-clone than some alts, but who knows.

Thomas Was Everywhere

Smash Cadet
NNID
sonicrox2009
Welp. I guess this means we're back to the drawing board with Bowser Jr, Shulk, and Dark Pit as only confirmed characters fully so far. But at least that guy got what he deserved. So sad we all fell for it. I though don't think this means anything to the above-mentioned three, it's just that all of these guys' guesses are as good as ours still. None still knows the full roster - and I'm sure we haven't seen it fully.

Gonna miss Icies and Lucas. Also Squirtle quite a bit. Wolf wasn't bad either, he was one of the best semi-clones ever emerge in the series. (-;A;-)

One thing though. I made a theory on if Daisy might possibly turn out to be an Alt for Peach from estimating what we saw in the leak:
I posted a whole theory for this in Tumblr:

From what resurfaced from leaks, it’s looking that we’re getting more costumes altering characters completely in SSB4. The Koopaling-alt thing is being supported quite by the fact that there’s now Larry-trophy depicting in one (unusually for him) and even Bowser Jr not fighting by his own rather, but his Koopa Clown Car.
This would support the idea of easily switching the “Driver” to other Koopalings in a whim, as they’d function same.

We also saw Metal Sonic in one leak video some days ago, showing him as another Alt Costume for Sonic, which now changes the character completely. Lastly, since the leak appears quite true, we could expect Alph to be one of Olimar’s alternate character look too akin to above characters and in fashion of Male Wii Fit Trainer, female Villagers and F!Robin.

Considering she was a basis for Peach’s yellow palette costume in last games. could this mean we might see Daisy as an ascended alt for Peach this time?

What do you guys think?
The Metal Sonic alt seems really cool, but the fact that p4 and p3 have switched places bothers me.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
By the way, is there any real consensus on whether or not there's more characters left?

The entire situation is hard to gauge as-is. I know leakers are saying there's more but text-based stuff has been dubious as of late.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Miss~
:lucas: ~ I love Mother 3 and the whole series in general. It hurts so much to see Lucas go and I'm afraid if he does then he will fade into obscurity considering Itoi doesn't even want to continue the series. Brawl introduced me to him and now Mother 3 is one of my favourite games, possibly 1st. He was my main in Brawl and he will be the reason for me to return to Brawl frequently if he does not return.

:popo: ~ One of my other mains. I love these two and I feel if they are gone then true potential is wasted. Personally, I do believe that somehow Sakurai could get them both back in. Maybe DLC one day...

Meh~
:snake: & :squirtle: & :ivysaur: & :wolf: In no particular order...

Honestly I really hate characters getting cut and when they do it really does make me upset because despite how good or bad the character is there is always going to be at least one person who adores them. That fact just crushes my heart. Considering its possibly going to happen to 2 of my mains makes it even worse... :(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Opinion on cut vets:

I care:

:snake: -Favorite character.

I don't care:

:popo::wolf::lucas::ivysaur::squirtle: -I really didn't use them and forgot they were in at one point, lol.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, if this is real, iI hope the leaker doesn't have the FINAL version.
Why? Because we clearly have seen some design glitches in the pictures. But, I'm pretty sure the game is still in the debugging process, so I don't think the leaker has the FINAL version, just probably the almost final version.

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
Honestly I really hate characters getting cut and when they do it really does make me upset because despite how good or bad the character is there is always going to be at least one person who adores them. That fact just crushes my heart. Considering its possibly going to happen to 2 of my mains makes it even worse... :(
This + 1 u_u

IAmNotAROBot

Smash Rookie

This was just posted on 4chan, take it how you like it. The only thing is, this looks like the Wii U version and as far as I know, the Wii U version is still getting bug tested, this guy could be a bug tester, which I doubt, though.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
So this guy's life is ruined

https://i.4cdn.org/v/1409047937792.png

Yeesh

EDIT: Er, apparently there's a naughty word on there, not sure if it's okay
So MFL has been exposed? Oh boy. Can't say I feel bad for them.

This was just posted on 4chan, take it how you like it. The only thing is, this looks like the Wii U version and as far as I know, the Wii U version is still getting bug tested, this guy could be a bug tester, which I doubt, though.
Lots of reused art there. Also fairly sure that Dark Pit is just a photograph of a figure. lol

Last edited:

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice

So fake that it's not even worth talking about.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Miss:

:popo: The most original characer in the series and one of the most deep. Too good to simply cut them out...

:ivysaur: An original moveset that demonstrated some grass characters can fit Smash. It had power, tether...

:squirtle: One of the fastest and most original characters. It was a pleasure to play as him. Just awesome.

:lucas: It was a clone... but Project M tought us he can have a pretty good and original moveset. A new game could have been a great chance for making Lucas a new moveset...

:snake: I understand Konami is not anymore treating with Nintendo, so that Snake had to be cut. BUT I don't see why we have to lose his original moveset. I think this was the best opportunity to put an Advance Wars character with his moveset. I could have been awesome.

:wolf:A villain with an original moveset. Why did they remove him? Because he's not popular? Shall I understand Mr. Game & Watch was popular? Don't see the point.

:ganondorf: Ganondorf as a new character would have been a very good option. I understand his moveset evolved enough to say he's not exactly a :falcon: clone, but I think this character should have his own moveset and leave this slot to Black Shadow. We would have a canon Ganondorf, still have old Ganondorf and F-Zero would get more represented... it would have been perfect!

Don't miss:

:roymelee: I love Roy, but I understand why he's out. Maybe in another game they make him a new moveset, but it's not going to happen. What I actually think is Fire Emblem needs to avoid swordsmen and try to make magician, lancers, axers and riders in.

:pichumelee: He was a mistake... so I'm pretty glad he's not in.

Could have been a good opportunity:

:pt: I think he could represent those Pokémon generations that are not involved. For example, an :GCU::GCB: in where he uses Fly and a flying Pokémon assists him. It could have an alt costume for each generation and gender which could change the Pokémon used (just visually). I mean, if you choose Red, Fly is performed by Pidgeotto; if you use Gold, it's Noctowl, etc.

Should be cut in the next game:

:4lucina: I'm not an "anti-clone" fanboy. I can admit some movesets can be kind of changed to make a new character. But this is not the case. Even Sakurai himself has said she's pretty much Marth without sweetspot. That's not the way to do that. I can admit Lucina is in Smash, but make her a good option. I think Fire Emblem have lots of characters and very variated. Let's think about some heroes that are not swordsmen: Micaiah (Magician), Tibarn (morphs into a falcon), Sothe (Thief), Ephraim (Lancer), Black Knight (Heavy Knight)... man, we are talking about a game that has lots of fighting roles...

:drmario: If he is an absolute clone. Come on... Mario series has a LOT of characters. Do we need this? Don't think so... If they wanted to add even another Mario character... why not King Boo? He could represent Luigi's Mansion series as :4luigi:'s nemesis. Also, his moveset could be based on the sight of the rival, moving faster when he's not looking at your eyes. Just an idea, but not making an exact clone of :4mario: when his series is over-represented...

[Dark Pit] Only if he is as clone as :4lucina:. If we have a Falco-Fox case or even a Ct. Falcon-Ganondorf one, I can live with that. But if he's as clone as the rest, I can't see his inclusion. In my opinion, Kid Icarus has some interesting characters (Medusa could be one), so I just don't see Dark Pit as a valid character.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729

It's so fake it hurts, they literally reused Jiggly's and IC's art from Brawl, plus the bottom of the screen looks ripped out of this

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice

Fake:

1: Hardly any of the new renders match up with one in 3DS leak

2: No pucks to select characters yet characters are selected.

I know there is more tho

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
That's fake because it used a fan-made Ness render lol.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

People, seriously, stop running the character icons all the way to edge on your fake CSS's. They're not going to run all the way to the edge. They're going to stop right when the back button and customization button stop. Mark my words.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Gosh, that looks fake. :laugh:
Seriously though, I'm pretty sure this is just a render off an E3 picture, some models are just from previous models, and like half the character models are different from the pictures on the site and this leak.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

This wasn't supposed to fool anyone, it's a mock-up by someone on Reddit to show how he thinks the roster is going to look.

Last edited:

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Miss :

:snake: -No other character with his playstyle , also i think he fits as much as Zero suit samus does , he added a lot to Brawl the codecs , C4 , mines , he even had an unique sound effect when he ate food saying things like "Tasty" also the C4 in Shape of butterfly as a reference to MGS3 was "SOLID"

[collapse=Snake]
I think Snake fited in Smash because even though his games had a deep story they always had Humour

See? less serious than Samus xD

[/collapse]

:popo: they were so fun to use D: WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME SAKURAI they were in the family since melee , what's the reason? is it because of technical limitations? c'mon , I see Rosalina Olimar and the duck hunt Dog in the roster...
I did not use them but seeing someone online using them was great , people came out with some smart combos...

I can deal with:

:wolf: -You were not a clon :( Falco was... but you're the one getting replaced :(

I don't care as much:

:ivysaur: :squirtle: - I always thought Charizard was the best character out of those 3 so for me it isn't a big deal

G-K

Smash Cadet
Miss:
:ivysaur: - Really unique character, but hey, I like PM's Ivy better so no biggie.

Kinda miss:
:popo:,:squirtle:,:wolf:

Actually glad they're gone:
:snake: - Snake is waaaaaay overrated, I always felt that people love him 'cause he's overpowered. Also, barely any relation to NIntendo.
:lucas: - Is it wrong to hate a 12 year-old polygonal child?, no... not when that child is Lucas.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
By the way, is there any real consensus on whether or not there's more characters left?

The entire situation is hard to gauge as-is. I know leakers are saying there's more but text-based stuff has been dubious as of late.
I'm pretty sure last thing we got was this isn't the full roster, but nobody knows who the remaining characters are.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what happened to the kid who went nuts with the leaks yesterday? Saw that picture, was his personal info given away or something?

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
:popo:: Really sad to see go, Ice Climbers are awesome, I hope the leaker is not mistaken that they are gone even though I never really played them.

:snake:: I played him a lot in Brawl, however I figured he was gone long ago, so I was expecting this.

:squirtle:: It sucks that a popular character with such an interesting moveset is cut. Honestly if I was selecting the roster I would have Jigglypuff out in a shot compared to him.

:ivysaur:: The weakest in terms of popularity of the :pt: squad. He was a good character but I never thought he would be back once we saw Charizard. It's still a shame that the only quadripedal character is gone but hopefully Duck Hunt Dog will fill the gap.

:wolf:: I liked Wolf a lot, out of all the StarFox characters I felt most at home playing him. I would have been a lot happier with the roster if they cut Falco over him.

:lucas:: No strong feeling about him, I feel Ness is fine representation.

Characters I wished they'd cut instead: :falco::jigglypuff::rob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom