• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I know I said it before, and maybe I'm just irrationally ranting about this late at night, but...

They really need to rewrite some of those trophy descriptions. It literally sounds like a 12-year-old wrote them. I expected better from you, NOA.

"A living embodiment of gross..."
"Did I mention he's gross?"

How about "A living embodiment of grossness?" Why is there the personal pronoun "I?"

"She and Fox also became romantically involved, but no idea if her telepathic abilities were useful there as well."

"...but no idea?" What? How does that make grammatical sense? It doesn't! How about "but it is unknown?"

"Just by glancing at them, she makes guys wonder if she likes them."

Seriously, who wrote this s***? Maybe they had to condense their writing due to the small size of the screen, but damn...10- or 11-year old me could write slightly better than this...

Anyways, I like the idea of Bowser Jr. having the Koopalings as alt costumes. I hope this is true!
They sound like their written like some of the PotD's, that is it's meant to be Sakurai explaining them, hence the personal pronouns. 'But no idea' also makes it sound like the description is meant to be someone talking to you.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
they were probably just place holders that have been translated literally to give an idea to the esrb of what the text will say.
I certainly hope that's the case. I'm glad you said that, I'm a bit relieved now that you've said that. I REALLY hope that's the case, because that actually makes sense.

Now that I've looked at the text for the leak...why Alph? That doesn't make sense. There's two other Pikmin 3 characters they could also have as alts, as well as the President and Olimar's partner Louie. That seems REALLY random/weird/out of place.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Probably incomplete text. We have no idea when these photos/videos were taken, after all. It could've been weeks or months ago.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I certainly hope that's the case. I'm glad you said that, I'm a bit relieved now that you've said that. I REALLY hope that's the case, because that actually makes sense.

Now that I've looked at the text for the leak...why Alph? That doesn't make sense. There's two other Pikmin 3 characters they could also have as alts, as well as the President and Olimar's partner Louie. That seems REALLY random/weird/out of place.
Alph makes the most sense out of the Pikmin 3 characters having a similar personality and body structure. IMO if choosing Alph is random, so is picking any other Pikmin character.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
oh one thing i would like to point out, i do think the leak is real but not a final copy because as far as I know and have seen the game has not gone gold thus means its not in production for shipment yet, just keep that in mind

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Alph makes the most sense out of the Pikmin 3 characters having a similar personality and body structure. IMO if choosing Alph is random, so is picking any other Pikmin character.
I guess...I mean, Alph is definitely much more visually distinctive from Olimar than Louie is.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Something I just realized.
Pic from today

Pic from leaked photos

Was the Omega symbol for Final Destination shown prior to the pics leak?

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
No, it was not.

What a coincidence that we saw that symbol for yesterday's leak and today's PotD.

Or maybe it's not a coincidence... :surprised:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Speaking of the costume stuff, Nintendo just posted pics of Dark Link, 'dark' Zelda and more/clear screens of Meta Kirby.

Link, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby & Little Mac are all confirmed so far to have at least 6 costumes.
Samus, Mario, Rosalina, Pit, and Zelda have at least 5 and we've seen 4 from everyone else that was at E3.

Nobody has actually breached Brawl's "6" yet to confirm 8 costumes.

Yeah, that bugs me. If Bowser Jr. is going to get all 7 Koopalings, I think Olimar really should have had Brittany, Louie & Charlie in addition to Alph. In fact, with how many female alts we have, I feel like Brittany is a missed opportunity if we just have 4 Alphs.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Yeah, what's "Dark Zelda?" I know there's a weird purple dress/light blonde hair palette swap but I haven't seen any "Dark Zelda" palette swaps yet...

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
leak is real. I am SUPER disappointed. No sukapon, no king k. rool. :cry:

If it is true that duck hunt dog carries a duck on his back that aids with certain attacks and it work similar to how banjo-kazooie would work than my sadness will fade.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
leak is real. I am SUPER disappointed. No sukapon, no king k. rool. :cry:

If it is true that duck hunt dog carries a duck on his back that aids with certain attacks and it work similar to how banjo-kazooie would work than my sadness will fade.
If the moveset is true, I can't wait for people to figure how to make character textures for Smash 4. Imagine all the Banjo Kazooie texture mods

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey, uh... I'm not sure if this has been pointed out or not yet, but has anyone noticed in that Shulk leak video that Shulk seems to be completely immune to damage...? I've watched it a bunch of times now, and I've noticed that he gets attacked several times (check out 00:39, Lucina unloads a charged Fsmash on him), and he doesn't even flinch. The only time he even gets hit at all seems to be when Ganondorf grabs him in midair, and even then he has no hurt falling animation, it's just his jumping one. Conversely, he only connects himself with three attacks, two of which I can't seem to clearly make out as they were partially obstructed by other characters. Not trying to disprove anything here (believe me, I want it to be real just as much as anyone...), I'm just looking for some input on this as it's now bugging me...

Also, the Bowser Jr. video mostly just seems to be him getting hurt, kinda the opposite... I just find it strange is all...

Well that is interesting. It IS the first instance of it being called Ω-Mode in English, however.

But yeah. So then neither Ω nor Spectator are actually new. So nothing was actually revealed in the PotD after all.
Perphaps Sakurai is using Ω-Mode because it's easier to fit into the UI than Final Destination mode. It also looks cleaner in my opinion.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hey, uh... I'm not sure if this has been pointed out or not yet, but has anyone noticed in that Shulk leak video that Shulk seems to be completely immune to damage...? I've watched it a bunch of times now, and I've noticed that he gets attacked several times (check out 00:39, Lucina unloads a charged Fsmash on him), and he doesn't even flinch. The only time he even gets hit at all seems to be when Ganondorf grabs him in midair, and even then he has no hurt falling animation, it's just his jumping one. Conversely, he only connects himself with three attacks, two of which I can't seem to clearly make out as they were partially obstructed by other characters. Not trying to disprove anything here (believe me, I want it to be real just as much as anyone...), I'm just looking for some input on this as it's now bugging me...

Also, the Bowser Jr. video mostly just seems to be him getting hurt, kinda the opposite... I just find it strange is all...
Lucina's on the same team as him, so I assume friendly fire is off.

D

Deleted member

It's because the Shulk video is of a team battle. Lucina and Shulk are on the same team, and friendly fire is off. Charizard and Ganondorf are the opposing team. At the end of the Leak7 video, it even says "The winner is... RED TEAM!"

Last edited by a moderator:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Luma has no Outline So Its Clearly not that But I think He won't cut them Completely I'd think he'd bring back Popo And Make Him Super Buffed in all area's to account for No Nana Give him the Pterodactyl as a recovery option and make Nana a trophy
Or better yet, make them both playable, but make both Climbers separate characters, which is what Sakurai should have done in the 1st place (although they would have to be clones, granted if the rumored Dr. Mario, Dark Pit clones are true, then this can be done, either have both of them apart or neither of them at all.)

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
No but there's this.

And people were talking like this was deconfirmed.
I just wanna throw this out there. The quoted part of this post is all my info. However I never mentioned anything about ridely mewtwo and dixie, so that person could possibly just be adding on to my leak.

I have though heard talks of more characters possibky being in as the guy who leaked the video has a copy of the game and admits that all star mode is still locked, something that makes no sense If he had the entire roster unlocked.

I just wanna throw this out there. The quoted part of this post is all my info. However I never mentioned anything about ridely mewtwo and dixie, so that person could possibly just be adding on to my leak.

I have though heard talks of more characters possibky being in as the guy who leaked the video has a copy of the game and admits that all star mode is still locked, something that makes no sense If he had the entire roster unlocked.
Thank you for clearing that up.

I hope to god at least Dixie, Mewtwo and Ridley are true.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

No offense, but I figure what we have in the initial leak is all we've got and someone's taking us on a ruse cruise. Nothing against you, but there's so much confusion surrounding all this stuff and so many people saying so many different things that I think I'm just going to hope for evidence and expect only what we've already got confirmed.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

Thank you, it was getting annoying how everyone said that was you.

D

Deleted member

Another bomb has been dropped.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I was under the impression that if someone had a copy of the game, it would've been hacked apart immediately to get the finalized roster... I guess it takes more time than that. I can't imagine someone would try to unlock everything the legitimate way if they're trying to get info for a leak.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I had already come under the conclusion that particular character list leak was a bit off. Having the characters separate from the quoted material that actually turned out to be true. Thus, I stopped banking on it (the material outside of the quote).

However, there is more to go off of than that. At least for Ridley, Dixie, and Mewtwo, right?

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman

That's what I said, you never mentioned Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie, so I'd say it's fake for those three.
Chorus Men is a probability, I would say. Mewtwo's a maybe but unlikely.

KingBroly

Smash Lord

:( Dreams are being crushed

D

Deleted member

"She and Fox also became romantically involved, but no idea if her telepathic abilities were useful there as well."
I take trophy descriptions very lightly, especially since this is false information. Fox and Krystal pretty much hated each other in Starfox Command.

Also, I'm shipping Fox x Wolf. Any other pairing is simple blasphemy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom