• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
You're right. I can't believe I'm not more outraged at this roster. Do you want to tell Sakurai, or shall I?
You can go tell Sakurai whatever it is you want. Youre treating this as if Im angry or something. All I said was that Mario was getting a lot of love. Not even negatively. If anythingI said offended you in any way, Im sorry. I hope you start feeling better.

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice

Has anyone noticed that Bowser's line is also thick like Kirby's? so I don't think it proves it fake its probably just made that way.

Like this:

P1 has a thick line, P2 and P3 are thin, and P4 thick again. It make a pattern. So it doesn't really prove anything. Or it could just be the demo error. But I'm leaning towards my theory.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
You can go tell Sakurai whatever it is you want. Youre treating this as if Im angry or something. All I said was that Mario was getting a lot of love. Not even negatively. If anythingI said offended you in any way, Im sorry. I hope you start feeling better.
I don't think I'll ever feel better... the internet has made me bitter and hostile. I see enemies everywhere. It's like cabin fever, but I'm trapped here of my own free will.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Right! Not to mention characters like Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch who would be difficult to give a moveset to. Sakurai could make anything work! I hope this leak is fake (because of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit) but I hope Duck Hunt Dog is real.
I was gonna like your post....but then you beat on the good Doctor...I know he's a clone, but dang it he was a FUN CLONE.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I was gonna like your post....but then you beat on the good Doctor...I know he's a clone, but dang it he was a FUN CLONE.
I think Dr Mario is the worst Smash Bros character ever. Not in terms of tiers.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312

Oh man look at that roster. I think OP got the wrong screenshots.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
If this is real I'm hoping that Bowser Jr isn't just a smaller, faster Bowser in terms of move set because when I wanted him to be in Brawl it was because I felt his move set should be based around the paint brush from Sunshine, it'd be the closest to a spear/staff type user in a Smash Bros game.
Someone wouldve screwed up big time if he ends upas a Bowser clone. He has a good enough moveset WITHOUT the brush. I see the brush as a neutral B, maybe.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Someone wouldve screwed up big time if he ends upas a Bowser clone. He has a good enough moveset WITHOUT the brush. I see the brush as a neutral B, maybe.
I just like to think of what they could do with the brush like setting up paint puddle traps that don't cause opponents to flinch but do deal damage for as long as the stand over it, being able to shoot paint balls, and maybe have a move where he covers an opponent with paint which decreases their speed for a short time, ect.

I do agree that he doesn't need the brush for a unique move set, hell if we end up getting that Koopa Clown car move set I keep hearing about I'll be just as happy with that because it's unique for Smash Bros standards and it does still fit the character very well.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

Has anyone noticed that Bowser's line is also thick like Kirby's? so I don't think it proves it fake its probably just made that way.

Like this:

P1 has a thick line, P2 and P3 are thin, and P4 thick again. It make a pattern. So it doesn't really prove anything. Or it could just be the demo error. But I'm leaning towards my theory.
Bowser Jr's line is the same thickness as Bowsers and pikachu's. Kirby is the only one with a thicker line.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't mean he can't be an alternate costume as a pseudo-character. Sakurai confirmed that Lucina was originally meant to be an alternate costume for Marth, so its conceivable that she could have had her own name and voice along with her model.
Dark Pit could easily be the same.
I never said he was 100% a character I said it was highly likely he would be.
Lucina was gonna be a costume because she was a girl, a gender swap is costume material because you get a different model with the same colors of the character.
A color of a character becoming a costume makes no sense at all.
Dark pit is just color changes to the character, no model changes at all. Why would they add all his other colors and take out that pallet?
"hey guys we're taking the dark pit pallet away from Pit so he can have it as a costume. What will this do? absolutely nothing! Dark pit costume, where you can use the other Pit colors on this dark pit costume and not know any differences!
There is 0 chance of that happening.
They took it away for a reason and its not to over glorify a specific color by calling it a costume.
Dark pit will be a character or it will be an assist trophy / intertwined with the game in a separate way.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Lucina was gonna be a costume because she was a girl, a gender swap is costume material because you get a different model with the same colors of the character.
Dark pit is just color changes to the character, no model changes at all. Why would they add all his other colors and take out that pallet?
"hey guys we're taking the dark pit pallet away from Pit so he can have it as a costume. What will this do? absolutely nothing! Dark pit costume, where you can use the other Pit colors on this dark pit costume and not know any differences!
They took it away for a reason and its not to over glorify a specific color by calling it a costume.
Dark pit will be a character or it will be an assist trophy / intertwined with the game in a separate way.
To be fair, even if Dark Pit is a separate character, how different will his colors be compared to Pit? Slightly darker red? Slightly darker yellow? I'd love it if they just messed with us by giving Pit a Dark Pit color and Dark Pit a Pit color.

Keefer

Smash Cadet
Dark Pit was acknowledged as his own separate character in the Palutena reveal, so I highly doubt that he'll be an alternate costume for Pit.
What? How was he acknowledged as a separate character? There was nothing stating that at all. That's like saying since dark link is such a drastic color change too then he should also be a separate character slot.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
He was acknowledged because he was in the same place and time as regular pit in the plautena reveal. "Dark link" is not a separate character he is still link so it makes sense to keep it as a pallet.
Dark pit originated from Brawl and then appeared in KIU as a stand alone character both of which are games by Sakurai.

CarterParrish

Smash Cadet
NNID
smellybutthole7
3DS FC
0404-7411-8213
If this is real, you can have 8 letter names. And it looks like wario does have 2 but ones in the bottom left of his eye

ZiggyZ

Smash Rookie
So explain Toon Link's positioning then. I'd love to here why.

Anyway:

I have yet to meet people who use "Lv. 8" as a name

I made this but i will also like to point out that the green color scheme between ness and sonic used for the fourth player character slot is off a little bit and the same for the duck hunt dog and samus for third player but yellow seems to always look lighter under camera but green dose too so there is no reason for it to be getting darker from where ness’s Lv.4 and P4 spot is

the 4chan broken.jpg

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
He could be a palette swap still as well.
I said costume because Dark Pit would likely have his own name and voice and his colours would be dark while Pit's would be light, just like we saw him having at E3, which we know characters will sometimes have different voices with costumes, such as the Robins and Wii Fit Trainers, and Lucina likely would have both a voice swap and a name change when used.
They didn't technically take it away yet, we didn't see all the colour/costume options at E3, they all only had 4 costumes available, not the usual 6, there are definitely some still unseen. For instance, Skyloft Link, Lightsuit Samus, WireFrame Mac, and USA Mario weren't available to use in the Demo..nor was the mainstay Wario-Mario nor Waluigi-Luigi, the latter of which I'm fairly sure will return.

Even if you believe its unlikely, you can not, for certain, say that there is '0 chance of it happening', as the possibility is still there regardless because its something Sakurai COULD do if he wanted to, there is literally nothing stopping him from doing it, so there is at least a small chance of it being done, if not more.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That argument is so old, i don't even wanna waste my time posting that SSB4 Mario/Sunshine Mario gif.
Honestly, thats part of what makes this game's leaks harder to bust, since Sakurai is re-using poses or very similar poses for some characters, like Palutena & Lucina re-using poses from artwork (even if she was 'Marth' in said artwork) or Greninja's pose being close to identical to his artwork for X/Y.

I mean, we could legitimately find the render that was photoshopped to create the leak render if this is fake and it would still not be proven as such because similarities exist for other renders :C

Pretty much the only way this leak can be busted is if a character is revealed using a radically different render then this leak or a character/stage not on this leak is revealed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom