• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I'm surprised. No one is sobbing over the second chance of Mewtwo being proven wrong. Did he just get less hype or something?

NNID
Majorasmask66
Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
You're right! All Project M videos are taken down and every recording of Brawl is deleted along with the Bestbuy Demos are now deleted forever!

I did mention upcoming title not a title already in the gaming marketplace.

Oh no!
You're kidding right?
You can look up other videos that have been up for months claiming smash related things and they wont be taken down.
Its amazing how you think isolated videos that only said leak(1-5)
are being taken down mean nothing
while there are **** storms of videos that say "Smash bros 4 leaks!" that won't get touched.
You people have the biggest case of denial and when the game comes out with this stuff confirmed ill be saying I told you so.
Yes there are several people posting videos claiming things. Yes, they have not been all taken down. I'm just saying that the videos in and of themselves being taken down does not mean the leak is 100% true. When the full roster is revealed to us and everything is just like the leak has indicated, that is when it will be confirmed as true.

Not because you attack me and call me a person in denial. I'm perfectly willing to admit it's real once the proof is in front of me. As it is I have not seen Shulk or Bowser Jr. or Ganondorf in Smash 4, so I cannot say THIS IS SMASH 3DS until I do. I would be lying.

And I am no liar.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Yes there are several people posting videos claiming things. Yes, they have not been all taken down. I'm just saying that the videos in and of themselves being taken down does not mean the leak is 100% true. When the full roster is revealed to us and everything is just like the leak has indicated, that is when it will be confirmed as true.

Not because you attack me and call me a person in denial. I'm perfectly willing to admit it's real once the proof is in front of me. As it is I have not seen Shulk or Bowser Jr. or Ganondorf in Smash 4, so I cannot say THIS IS SMASH 3DS until I do. I would be lying.

And I am no liar.
The proof IS right in front of you.
Thats all I'm gonna say about that.

Spoa

Smash Cadet
NNID
iSmashbro
3DS FC
2251-5709-7722

And I am no liar.
The proof is in front of you and you are rejecting it. The fact that Nintendo of America claimed them means that the content does belong to them and that is actually is Smash 4 gameplay.

Literally denial

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Ok if this was leaked from the ESRB, for future reference, Nintendo should not show the ESRB characters that they have not already shown to the public from now on.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Ok if this was leaked from the ESRB, for future reference, Nintendo should not show the ESRB characters that they have not already shown to the public from now on.
If they planned on showing Zero Suit Samus after it was getting rated, That wouldn't be good news.

They show ESRB the full game and there's nothing they can do about it.

That's why games like Battle Royale show almost everything before it's released.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
The proof IS right in front of you.
Thats all I'm gonna say about that.
The proof is in front of you and you are rejecting it. The fact that Nintendo of America claimed them means that the content does belong to them and that is actually is Smash 4 gameplay.

Literally denial
Then please show me the exact posts by Nintendo of america saying "These videos were leaked footage of Smash 3DS, which is why we took them down."

HOWEVER, this leak has been proven to be true, as the man who was releasing them has been revealed as a member of NoA and is being fired and sued for his actions. There's your proof now. I'm sure you're glad you were right, and I have my proof so now I can believe it.

Can we now just enjoy the game?

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
Then please show me the exact posts by Nintendo of america saying "These videos were leaked footage of Smash 3DS, which is why we took them down."

HOWEVER, this leak has been proven to be true, as the man who was releasing them has been revealed as a member of NoA and is being fired and sued for his actions. There's your proof now. I'm sure you're glad you were right, and I have my proof so now I can believe it.

Can we now just enjoy the game?
When/where was this?

CreAtor135

Smash Cadet
All of this is fake. There are no names underneath the icons. There are no game logos behind the bottom screen characters. If they were from the character select screen, they'd have their game icons behind them and not on top, and if they were in a battle, there would be percentages, The CSS is also disproportionate. Just like these others said, whether or not all the characters have or haven't been unlocked, There are still a lot of chars. on this screen. The characters should be grouped together. Even at Nintendo Treehouse, this was the case for everything. Also, the outline for the character box when your cursor hovers over it is supposed to be red, not white.

D

Deleted member

A set of new and possibly legit pictures were posted on 4chan today with what could be the final roster for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and maybe Wii U. Debate is still ongoing concerning the legitimacy of this leak due to the choice of characters and the general vagueness of leaks.

Could this be the Final Roster?!
It contains all of the characters revealed up until now as well as the following veterans:
  • Wario
  • Mr. Game and Watch
  • Ganondorf
  • R.O.B.
  • Falco
  • Ness
As well as including newcomers such as:
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Duck Hunt Dog
  • Dark Pit
  • Shulk
It features the returning veteran that missed out on Brawl:
  • Dr. Mario
Also, not appearing on this potential final roster is:
  • Ice Climbers
  • Lucas
  • Ivysaur
  • Squirtle
  • Snake
  • Wolf
Those who defend this leak have stated that these character renders look professional and they have never been seen before - especially Ness and the Duck Hunt Dog. Those against the leak cite that the overall quality is inconsistent and other graphical errors such as Wario missing a pupil and Mr. Game and Watch's hand going out of his tile. It is also interesting to note that the Mii Fighter is absent on the select screen. This could either mean it is fake or that the picture consists of a mode where Mii Fighters are not supported which was confirmed to exist during E3 2014. Skepticism is best considering the nature of this leak.

In addition, this was picture posted on 4chan:

What does the "?" on Mewtwo mean?
A number of other photos were also included in the 4chan post:

The character display screen showing Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Duck Hunt, and Ness.

A screen showing King Dedede, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Shulk, and Luigi.

Same but showing Little Mac, Link, Dr. Mario, Donkey Kong, and King Dedede. Probably before this one.

Along with the potentially leaked roster was the stage select screen. It shows previously revealed stages such as Golden Plains, Rainbow Road, and Tortimer Island but also reveals some never before seen stages such as a Yoshi stage, a F-Zero stage, Distant Planet, and a Xenoblade stage.

What are some of these stages??
Also potentially leaked was DLC content; citing that the following characters will be included as DLC in the future:
  • Snake
  • Wolf
  • Lucas
  • Ice Climbers
  • Chorus Men
As with any leak, take it with a grain of salt. The next few weeks will reveal whether it is real or fake for sure.
For the original post on 4chan, please follow the link below:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/258734312
To discuss more about this potential leak, visit the Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread
http://smashboards.com/threads/potential-roster-stage-leak-thread.364914/

Venus isn't sure what to think about this but it has gotten him excited! Share in this excitement by following him on Twitter @VenustoBloom. Kudos to @Neo Zero for unearthing this information and organizing it in the Smash 4 Leaks social group.
The artwork for Wario and Ganondorf is from brawl, and the Dr.Mario is a brawl mod hacked into a different pose by Brawlbox, now Ganondorf is real, his image is a placeholder though, it also appears to Shulk is real too, the "?" on Mewtwo is their way of saying "i don't know, he hasn't been confirmed real or fake as of now, give us some time and we will check in shortly." how do i know this?.... well, it's been what it is guys! :)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The artwork for Wario and Ganondorf is from brawl, and the Dr.Mario is a brawl mod hacked into a different pose by Brawlbox, now Ganondorf is real, his image is a placeholder though, it also appears to Shulk is real too, the "?" on Mewtwo is their way of saying "i don't know, he hasn't been confirmed real or fake as of now, give us some time and we will check in shortly." how do i know this?.... well, it's been what it is guys! :)
Actually, a trophy of Wario was shown in an imgur account with tons of never before leaked pictures and this trophy is consistent with his image in the CSS. That justs about confirms it IMO. Though your wording confused me if you are insinuating that Wario's character I on is from Brawl or not.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Why would Yoshi be in the middle of the Mario reps? Last I checked, he was his own series.
Pikachu was in-between Mario and Bowser in melee, But this leak has all the characters so yeah that is weird.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Respectfully, I'm not gonna argue about it anymore because I was right about it.
Adjustments to the character more than a name warrants a slot. There is nothing wrong with what I was saying. There is no reason to go through that process for 1 color and I was right.
Technically you can't be 'right' until there is solid evidence.
Plus, at the moment, its possible that some characters may have each alt different. For instance, a current rumor is that Bowser Jr. will have no alt colours but different Koopalings as his alts..though we'll have to wait and see.
Also, its a poor idea to ever say you're right without proof as things could easily change. Now if you simply said its your opinion that things could go the way you think, that would be better, as then you wouldn't have egg on your face if you end up being wrong.

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's placement is weird. You may come up with the argument about Pikachu in between Bowser & Mario in Melee but that was because the full roster WASN'T unlocked yet. If this is the full roster then it wouldn't make sense. If this isn't the final roster and there are still characters that haven't been unlocked I don't how it would be rearranged.

EDIT: was the Mewtwo/Dixie/CM leak confirmed fake?

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Technically you can't be 'right' until there is solid evidence.
Plus, at the moment, its possible that some characters may have each alt different. For instance, a current rumor is that Bowser Jr. will have no alt colours but different Koopalings as his alts..though we'll have to wait and see.
Also, its a poor idea to ever say you're right without proof as things could easily change. Now if you simply said its your opinion that things could go the way you think, that would be better, as then you wouldn't have egg on your face if you end up being wrong.
Solid evidence?
Without proof?
Are you blind?
Guy, they're deleting videos and only videos that have the leaked footage
If Nintendo is claiming the footage its real. Today's daily pic was also of something that showed up in the leaked set of images first. Give it up man.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Solid evidence?
Without proof?
Are you blind?
If Nintendo is claiming the footage its real. Today's daily pic was also of something that showed up in the leaked set of images first. Give it up man.
Denying the leak is funnier than believing the DLC Post.

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1

MYU2

Smash Apprentice

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
So there is no DLC(Now confirmed) and ridley is confirmed?

not sure where this came from though.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So there is no DLC(Now confirmed) and ridley is confirmed?

not sure where this came from though.
That is the funniest thing in the whole world right there.

It's just a picture to mess with people from the unconfirmed article.
(I guess they are assuming that nobody saw the actual videos?)

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
That is the funniest thing in the whole world right there.

It's just a picture to mess with people from the unconfirmed article.
(I guess they are assuming that nobody saw the actual videos?)
I know it was from the article but I wasn't sure of the origin.

D

Deleted member

Actually, a trophy of Wario was shown in an imgur account with tons of never before leaked pictures and this trophy is consistent with his image in the CSS. That justs about confirms it IMO. Though your wording confused me if you are insinuating that Wario's character I on is from Brawl or not.
what i mean when i say that is that for some reason, Wario and Ganondorf are in smash 4, the artwork is brawl artwork. that was a lazy decision on Sakurai's part, i didn't mean that the characters were literally the brawl incarnation if that's what you meant.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
what i mean when i say that is that for some reason, Wario and Ganondorf are in smash 4, the artwork is brawl artwork. that was a lazy decision on Sakurai's part, i didn't mean that the characters were literally the brawl incarnation if that's what you meant.
I still don't understand what you are trying to drive at but I think you are mixing the words artwork or model. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the artwork for Wario and Ganondorf is exactly like that in Brawl. Like the posturing and style?

Wario is also the same as they have no similarities. Now you are regarding the graphic style of both characters in Brawl and SSB4; they do have some similarities. However, that is comparable to saying Mario, Luigi, Peach, Lucario, Fox, Kirby, and Meta Knight is also Brawl artwork and therefore laxy. If the leaks are to be believed, Sakurai took Ganondorf's Twilight Princess artwork and gave it the same treatment that Link and Zelda recieved therefore..different from Brawl. Wario obviously will have his WarioWare outfit seeing that he is representing WarioWare rather than the Mario franchise. So no, they don't have Brawl artwork. None of the characters have Brawl artwork.

D

Deleted member

I still don't understand what you are trying to drive at but I think you are mixing the words artwork or model. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the artwork for Wario and Ganondorf is exactly like that in Brawl. Like the posturing and style?

Wario is also the same as they have no similarities. Now you are regarding the graphic style of both characters in Brawl and SSB4; they do have some similarities. However, that is comparable to saying Mario, Luigi, Peach, Lucario, Fox, Kirby, and Meta Knight is also Brawl artwork and therefore laxy. If the leaks are to be believed, Sakurai took Ganondorf's Twilight Princess artwork and gave it the same treatment that Link and Zelda recieved therefore..different from Brawl. Wario obviously will have his WarioWare outfit seeing that he is representing WarioWare rather than the Mario franchise. So no, they don't have Brawl artwork. None of the characters have Brawl artwork.
no, i mean that Wario and Ganondorf both have that realistic brawl style to them.

Mario and friends have been remastered, but Ganon and Wario keep the same style.

Also compare this http://themushroomkingdom.net/images/ss/ssbb/012m.jpg
to http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/25/6065689/super-smash-bros-character-roster the Wario there.

they aren't exactly the same but very similar, that's all.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Solid evidence?
Without proof?
Are you blind?
You misunderstood me, I believe the leak is 99.99% real, I just meant that saying things in absolutes is a bad practice to get into until you have absolute proof, as in Sakurai revealing it or when we see for-sure footage from the game.
I was more saying that in regards to anything in life though.

Also, like I said, one such leak, that seems like it could be true due to a trophy of Larry Koopa in a Koopa Clown Car just like Jr's but a different colour, we may be seeing alts get their own names and voices as Bowser Jr.'s alts may actually cycle through the different Koopalings rather then just be alt colours of himself.

Also, I'm a girl, not a guy.

Last edited:

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
Everyone seems very off put by the dlc portion of this leak. I know it wasn't said but what I think is the balancing took them longer to do than they thought. And after already putting out a release date instead of pushing back the 3DS launch closer the Wii U's they just cut a few characters they were working on. So instead of losing sales to people who would just wait a little longer for the Wii U version they will launch the Wii U with the "full" roster and put a free update dlc for the 3DS to match the roster like was promised.
Couldn't have said it better myself

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
You misunderstood me, I believe the leak is 99.99% real, I just meant that saying things in absolutes is a bad practice to get into until you have absolute proof, as in Sakurai revealing it or when we see for-sure footage from the game.
I was more saying that in regards to anything in life though.

Also, like I said, one such leak, that seems like it could be true due to a trophy of Larry Koopa in a Koopa Clown Car just like Jr's but a different colour, we may be seeing alts get their own names and voices as Bowser Jr.'s alts may actually cycle through the different Koopalings rather then just be alt colours of himself.

Also, I'm a girl, not a guy.

Now you believe the leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom