• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
Warning Received
I really don't see what you mean..
Sakurai also said this..
"Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!"
Since Lucina was originally going to be an alt, and Sakurai specified only if attacks are different, this means that even though Dark Pit is his own character in canon, he could still appear as an alternate costume for Pit because they share physical stats and techniques and they also acted exactly the same in Kid Icarus Uprising..so unless Sakurai decides to make Pit have attacks that function differently, which he didn't have in Kid Icarus Uprising, then there's no reason why he can't be an alternate costume for Pit.

I don't see anywhere in there that could be misconstrued as me thinking Dark Pit can't be an alternate costume..
Sakurai doesn't want a character he designed from a game he spent 2+ years to create to end up just being an alt! He loves Kid Icarus Uprising! That game is getting the most representation than any series on Smash 3DS! Trust me Dark Pit is his own character! Ever since the Palutena trailer as soon as I saw Dark Pit I did not once think to myself "alt" I was thinking more "unlockable secret character"

DonutWessel

Smash Rookie
NNID
DonutWessel
Since I can't seem to find anyone here that posted this.

If you look closely at the challenges in the middle and up-right, they really look alike, don't they? This may not prove anything, but this is some solid prove the leak is real. At least in my books.

Attachments

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Haha, well, Bowser's size in Smash is significantly smaller than in Super Mario 64, so if there is any chance of Ridley being a playable character, he's have to be smaller. :p

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Sakurai doesn't want a character he designed from a game he spent 2+ years to create to end up just being an alt! He loves Kid Icarus Uprising! That game is getting the most representation than any series on Smash 3DS! Trust me Dark Pit is his own character! Ever since the Palutena trailer as soon as I saw Dark Pit I did not once think to myself "alt" I was thinking more "unlockable secret character"
I don't know, he didn't add King Dedede or Metaknight to Super Smash Bros. until Brawl purposely because, by his own admission, he didn't want to over represent his own series, so Sakurai tries to avoid showing favoritism.

I'm still of the opinion that Dark Pit was likely a case similar to Lucina where he started as an alternate costume but was made into a character later on in development.

As for why Kid Icarus Uprising has so much representation in Smash Bros. 3DS, its likely because of two reasons.
1) Assets from another 3DS title are easy to port over and saves on time developing new models.
2) Sakurai literally just completed Kid Icarus Uprising before starting development of Super Smash Bros for Wii U / 3DS, he was likely still in KI-Mode when development began, so those enemies and items were still fresh in his mind.

And yes, I was skeptical before because screenshots can be faked, but there is enough evidence now to believe the leak is real after that massive screenshot dump and those leaked videos.

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
[quote="Calibrate, post: 17337510, member: 246672"Dr. Mario and Dark Pit? Great, two more clones. No M2, Ridley or Rool?

Duck hunt dog = meh
Admittedly, this game's three new clones (counting Dr. Mario as new) is betree than Melee's five. And Duck Hunt Dog was the only "meh" other character, so if you're displeased with 4/48 of the roster, that's not that bad.[/quote]

I'm disappointed with much more than that. I only pointed out what I haven't seen before.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Admittedly, this game's three new clones (counting Dr. Mario as new) is betree than Melee's five. And Duck Hunt Dog was the only "meh" other character, so if you're displeased with 4/48 of the roster, that's not that bad.
I'm disappointed with much more than that. I only pointed out what I haven't seen before.[/quote]
Quoting fail :p

SonTabouretski

Smash Rookie
well this debate is over this roaster is real as Shulk was just announced today and has a matching picture to his leak picture.

CreAtor135

Smash Cadet
Well, Technically only Shulk was confirmed and i'm sure Ganon and Bowser JR. are real too, but that doesn't mean the whole roster is real.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
I thought that was Paper Mario's stage in Final Destination form.
It looks Yoshi's Landish though. I don't think a Paper Mario has had an art style like that...correct me if im wrong

Last edited:

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
That is Yoshi's Island. Paper Mario's stage looks different, and that is the Yoshi's Island from Brawl.
ok thank you :D
but i think this might debunk the leak cause it doesnt show a yoshi's world stage does it?

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
What Yoshi's World stage?
The only stage I see closest to Yoshi is the Golden Plains stage and the Yoshi's Island stage itself.
There was a Yoshi's *Island stage in the direct and there isnt one on the leak

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
Yes i think so but the direct showed it's in the game but the leak doesnt have it...

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
It looks Yoshi's Worldish though. I don't think a Paper Mario has had an art style like that...correct me if im wrong
Oops I was lookinng over 1:18, not 1:08.

Last edited:

MrWatchMeGame

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidd Micc
I don't know, he didn't add King Dedede or Metaknight to Super Smash Bros. until Brawl purposely because, by his own admission, he didn't want to over represent his own series, so Sakurai tries to avoid showing favoritism.

I'm still of the opinion that Dark Pit was likely a case similar to Lucina where he started as an alternate costume but was made into a character later on in development.

As for why Kid Icarus Uprising has so much representation in Smash Bros. 3DS, its likely because of two reasons.
1) Assets from another 3DS title are easy to port over and saves on time developing new models.
2) Sakurai literally just completed Kid Icarus Uprising before starting development of Super Smash Bros for Wii U / 3DS, he was likely still in KI-Mode when development began, so those enemies and items were still fresh in his mind.

And yes, I was skeptical before because screenshots can be faked, but there is enough evidence now to believe the leak is real after that massive screenshot dump and those leaked videos.
Other than Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, and Dark Pit what other newcomers you think will join the roster?

SmashFanatic

Smash Rookie
waaait 2 more new characters that are not clones and 2 more days of PAX ooooooooooooooh snaaaaaaaap:luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi::luigi:

SonTabouretski

Smash Rookie
There is a new leak that looks similar to this leak but it has a few more characters added I think it might be fake but look up on youtube SSB4 3DS New Roster Leak and click the first one made by Smash Cat

Harry111

Smash Rookie
These leaks are real but that is not the finale roster because the Miis are not on there.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
These leaks are real but that is not the finale roster because the Miis are not on there.
The Miis are their own section on the bottom screen. There is a picture amongst the leaks and I think in the official promo video showing this actually.

Meteos

Smash Rookie
People hope this is fake because they hate the roster... But you know, Brawl's roster was also **** (it wasn't bad). Buy you guys know Sakurai, he always comes up with the weirdest idea's and we still like them.

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
People hope this is fake because they hate the roster... But you know, Brawl's roster was also **** (it wasn't bad). Buy you guys know Sakurai, he always comes up with the weirdest idea's and we still like them.
What makes you say Brawl's was ****? I think it was the best roster of all Smash Bros.

Meteos

Smash Rookie
What makes you say Brawl's was ****? I think it was the best roster of all Smash Bros.
At the begin they hated the brawl roster... Now they're happy with it, i ment to say thay people hate this roster right now, But when the game releases they're happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom