• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I believe the term you were looking for was "Retro fans" but I'll let it slide. Duck Hunt Dog is just as deserving as R.O.B and Game and Watch, and more deserving than Ice Climbers, Mii, and WFT. He's a retro and hardware rep, and is one of the most iconic characters in Nintendo History.
Well Nintendo needs to satisfy the RETRO fans considering a huge part of the new gaming crowd ONLY likes bland games (not all, there are smart ones), gory shooters, repeated sports simulators, or interactive movies. Liking them is not bad, but sticking to ONLY THEM is definitely not good.

I was kidding about Duck Hunt dog, just don't want him to steal Isaac's spot :p There is no way he is more suited to a fighting game than Isaac. As a valuable character maybe, but not in terms of awesome potential.

lol not me. No Krystal.
nor Isaac as AT but that;s another discussion.
Just add Krystal to that list. And have Felix or Matthew as AT and make Isaac playable :)

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
lol not me. No Krystal.
nor Isaac as AT but that;s another discussion.
To be perfectly honest, while I used to want her in Brawl, I don't really particularly care if she's in or not. Same with Ridley.

I think the fact the new Starfox game has been in development for such a long time, and appears to be a direct sequel to SF64 (where she isn't present) kind of hurts her. That's just my thoughts though.

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
I'm gunna laugh hard when the leak Is correct.

In all seriousness I feel that the leak is neither real or fake because Sakurai has not confirmed anything, but then let's say dhd, shulk and dark pit were announced but these other newcomers don't then the leak is fake but partially true. So we have to wait our bro mashpotatoe samurai to debunk or deconfirm the leak or some of these characters.

Ps, that duck hunt character rendering is amazing

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm gunna laugh hard when the leak Is correct.

In all seriousness I feel that the leak is neither real or fake because Sakurai has not confirmed anything, but then let's say dhd, shulk and dark pit were announced but these other newcomers don't then the leak is fake but partially true. So we have to wait our bro mashpotatoe samurai to debunk or deconfirm the leak or some of these characters.

Ps, that duck hunt character rendering is amazing
It depends if that Dark Pit and Shulk (offiical ones) look exactly the same as in here or not. It would be the same situation as with the Palutena leak where it was fake but she was in anyway.

Last edited:

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
Well Nintendo needs to satisfy the RETRO fans considering a huge part of the new gaming crowd ONLY likes bland games (not all, there are smart ones), gory shooters, repeated sports simulators, or interactive movies. Liking them is not bad, but sticking to ONLY THEM is definitely not good.

I was kidding about Duck Hunt dog, just don't want him to steal Isaac's spot :p There is no way he is more suited to a fighting game than Isaac. As a valuable character maybe, but not in terms of awesome potential.
I don't feel like adding a character is stealing anyone's roster "slot" but just adding to the roster. But I do think that Issac would be awesome In the the game:)

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That "eye" kinda looks like the shade of the nose from Wario to me. It's similar pixels are seen on the other side and on the bottom of the nose....

ALSO, it DOES look like Mr Game and Watch's hand. And there is a photoshop mistake near Ganon....
View attachment 22438
View attachment 22439
View attachment 22440

And the blending of pixels is everywhere, another example is when you zoom in to top of Dr. Mario's hair, it ever so slightly blends with Greninja. G& W himself HAS dark blue pixels even in his own slot - I suspect this is due to bad quality image and lightning.

#PaintSkills.
That photoshop mistake though...:laugh::rotfl::smash:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
This is Probably just me but It looks like Olimar's Antenna Thing Overlaps Into Lucario's Photo But I'm Probably Wrong

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I don't feel like adding a character is stealing anyone's roster "slot" but just adding to the roster. But I do think that Issac would be awesome In the the game:)
Technically it is not, but I had to say it. Like imagining a scenario where Sakurai wants one more character. He has a choice between Isaac and Duck Hunt Dog. He chooses the Dog for the trolls. Instead of putting both. Now that will be just sad.

I don't mind Duck Hunt Dog in the game, I just want Isaac to be included. End of story :)

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
At first I was skeptical about DHD being in the game but after looking at the rendering and thinking about it I really want him in now, but there's a possibility that it won't happen since this is a leak.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
At first I was skeptical about DHD being in the game but after looking at the rendering and thinking about it I really want him in now, but there's a possibility that it won't happen since this is a leak.
Likewise This has Convinced Me Dr Mario Is Playable:p

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I really hope people don't want DHD just because of this leak. I've actually wanted him for a while now, and have thought that he'd make the most sense for a new rep, out of all retro characters.

I never understood why so many people thought Takamaru had a better chance.

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
Technically it is not, but I had to say it. Like imagining a scenario where Sakurai wants one more character. He has a choice between Isaac and Duck Hunt Dog. He chooses the Dog for the trolls. Instead of putting both. Now that will be just sad.

I don't mind Duck Hunt Dog in the game, I just want Isaac to be included. End of story :)
Oh I see what you mean that is true, picking one over the other is kinda unfair.

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
I really hope people don't want DHD just because of this leak. I've actually wanted him for a while now, and have thought that he'd make the most sense for a new rep, out of all retro characters.

Sadly in my case that's true, but DHD never came to mind when thinking of the roster.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Sadly in my case that's true, but DHD never came to mind when thinking of the roster.
Same thing Happened With Palutena After the Leak her Popularity Skyrocketed I Think mainly due to people wanting to correctly Predict her and be Smug about it

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Same thing Happened With Palutena After the Leak her Popularity Skyrocketed I Think mainly due to people wanting to correctly Predict her and be Smug about it
When did that leak happen again? I'm wondering if that's what made me look up Uprising clips, and then in turn buy the game and proceed to fall in love with her.

I didn't care for her until I played Uprising for the most part (I mean I loved her Uprising design but still). So indirectly the leak made me like her. Not the leak itself.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
When did that leak happen again? I'm wondering if that's what made me look up Uprising clips, and then in turn buy the game and proceed to fall in love with her.

I didn't care for her until I played Uprising for the most part (I mean I loved her Uprising design but still). So indirectly the leak made me like her. Not the leak itself.
I'm Honestly Not sure when The Leak came out

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

haha I only bought Uprising this may, and fallen in love with palutena even more :p.

Though in my case I wanted the game for at least a year - just could not have the time to get it lol.

Edit: Because of Smash , Fire Emblem Awakening is on my wishlist since I decided to try out the demo - twice!

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
haha I only bought Uprising this may, and fallen in love with palutena even more :p.

Though in my case I wanted the game for at least a year - just could not have the time to get it lol.

Edit: Because of Smash , Fire Emblem Awakening is on my wishlist since I decided to try out the demo - twice!
Dude Awakening sucks compared to Ike's games. I'd play Awakening first. Ike and Micaiah's awesomeness got my hopes up to high for Chrom. I really did like Robin and Lucina though, so I'm glad they made it in.

gbaespada

Smash Cadet
I can see that people like being smug about stuff to look high and mighty.

And I've never cared about the roster, I'm also fine with any character that Sakurai adds into the the game.

Ps. All the ridley and mewtwo fanboys need to chill if they're not in the game don't kill someone about it holy ****, I remember watching greninja reactions and people yelling Mewtwo at the top of their lungs lml. Hopefully your characters do have a spot in the game so that you can enjoy it but untill then be patient

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I can see that people like being smug about stuff to look high and mighty.

And I've never cared about the roster, I'm also fine with any character that Sakurai adds into the the game.

Ps. All the ridley and mewtwo fanboys need to chill if they're not in the game don't kill someone about it holy ****, I remember watching greninja reactions and people yelling Mewtwo at the top of their lungs lml. Hopefully your characters do have a spot in the game so that you can enjoy it but untill then be patient
I Know They need to Chill The F*** Down Mewtwo Is not in This roster? FAKE AND GAY! SAKURAI STOP PUTTING TRASH CHARACTERS IN!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Dude Awakening sucks compared to Ike's games. I'd play Awakening first. Ike and Micaiah's awesomeness got my hopes up to high for Chrom. I really did like Robin and Lucina though, so I'm glad they made it in.
I have not played Awakening yet, but the Tellius series is amazing! Awesome graphics, mechanics and storyline. Plus its epic. And it has some of my favourite characters of all Fire Emblem games. Path of Radiance is my favourite game followed by Radiant Dawn.

I have heard that Awakening is broken as in you can OP someone by pairing em up. I played the demo, liked what I say just yet have to buy the game. I want another Fire Emblem on Wii U now!

Micaiah would have been a good candidate for Smash. Pure magic character. Robin is just halfway there and Lucina, no matter how awesome a character is a Marth clone in the end.

Plus on topic, this leak still sucks and I don't completely believe it. Watch Duck Hunt Dog's popularity rise as more people want him so that they can say they were right!

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
I have one thing to ask
What about Bowser Jr?
He is taking way too much of his box up, and with the "selected" outline, there's none of his color left! Wouldn't you think they'd want to show at least a good chunk of his color in his box? The way it's portrayed seems unlikely.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
28 pages? Gosh, don't you people ever sleep? :laugh:
Oh wait, time zones. :laugh:
Anyway, did I miss anything important?
nope, there's a bit of evidence for it and evidence against it, but nothing seems to confirm or deny it outright.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
nope, there's a bit of evidence for it and evidence against it, but nothing seems to confirm or deny it outright.
Oh ok.
And now I see what people mean by Ness' wrong short model. More proof of it being fake possibly, Sakurai makes sure just about everything is perfect.

NNID
Majorasmask66
28 pages? Gosh, don't you people ever sleep? :laugh:
Oh wait, time zones. :laugh:
Anyway, did I miss anything important?
Well you missed this from WhiteEaglePL which was pretty interesting. specifically the photoshop errors.
That "eye" kinda looks like the shade of the nose from Wario to me. It's similar pixels are seen on the other side and on the bottom of the nose....

ALSO, it DOES look like Mr Game and Watch's hand. And there is a photoshop mistake near Ganon....
View attachment 22438
View attachment 22439
View attachment 22440

And the blending of pixels is everywhere, another example is when you zoom in to top of Dr. Mario's hair, it ever so slightly blends with Greninja. G& W himself HAS dark blue pixels even in his own slot - I suspect this is due to bad quality image and lightning.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Muh relevancy! Muh recency! Muh sword!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom