• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
If I May Say something; If you were to make a fake leak wouldn't you want to make it as believable as possible? I Sure Would!! And I would most certainly not Include Characters Like Dr.Mario or the Dog from Duck Hunt! Or Hell Say that Snake is DLC for Crying Out Loud! so I would be a bit odd for me at least for the Leaker to go through all the trouble of rendering Brand New Professional Looking models For Dr.Mario and Duck Hunt Dog! I mean that Duck Hunt Dog must have been made from Scratch! Also Dr.Mario's Render IS NOT A COPY OF THAT OTHER DR.Mario ARTWORK! This Render has more Wrinkles in the clothes A different hairstyle different Facial Expression and Puffed Out Cheeks! Just because its Similar to another Piece of Artwork does not mean its Fake! That's like Palutena is not in the Game because her Battle Art is too similar to her art in Uprising!

NNID
Majorasmask66
If I May Say something; If you were to make a fake leak wouldn't you want to make it as believable as possible? I Sure Would!! And I would most certainly not Include Characters Like Dr.Mario or the Dog from Duck Hunt! Or Hell Say that Snake is DLC for Crying Out Loud! so I would be a bit odd for me at least for the Leaker to go through all the trouble of rendering Brand New Professional Looking models For Dr.Mario and Duck Hunt Dog! I mean that Duck Hunt Dog must have been made from Scratch! Also Dr.Mario's Render IS NOT A COPY OF THAT OTHER DR.Mario ARTWORK! This Render has more Wrinkles in the clothes A different hairstyle different Facial Expression and Puffed Out Cheeks! Just because its Similar to another Piece of Artwork does not mean its Fake! That's like Palutena is not in the Game because her Battle Art is too similar to her art in Uprising!
This leak is actually based on another leak which talked about the same characters shown and mentioned here.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I legit made a leak on IGN with Micaiah and Duck Hunt Dog.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Ok So Just got Weirder... HMK Claims only a PORTION of the Leak is Real but he cannot say the evidence or who told it him or He Will Be Screwed here is the Vid
If he knew something was true i don't know how his source would get in trouble even if he didn't mention who told him. It's obvious Ganondorf wario Falco and game and watch are coming back and he can easily say that's what he was talking about in a future video to play it safe.

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
The quality of Game & Watch's tile is just awful, as is Ganon's. And on a more subjective note, while I can believe that Icies wouldn't come back, I cannot believe that they would be added as DLC.

NNID
Majorasmask66
I Know Its called the Ninco Leak Right?
I believe so yes. It might be spelt differently but i cant remember. If this leak is real then we might get the other characters mentioned in that leak which they said that Mach Rider, Mewtwo, Dixie kong, and Ridley will be playable. I think i forgot some newcomers they mentioned but thats what i remember.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I believe so yes. It might be spelt differently but i cant remember. If this leak is real then we might get the other characters mentioned in that leak which they said that Mach Rider, Mewtwo, Dixie kong, and Ridley will be playable. I think i forgot some newcomers they mentioned but thats what i remember.
Mach Rider is interesting But UGHH Ridley And Mewtwo What a Shocker it is to see them on a leaked roster and I Could care less for Dixie Honestly

EDIT :
More proof of it possibly being fake, Boxing Ring and Final Destination look like they were just clipped from the WiiU version:
CounterPoint Is that The Boxing Arena And FD are Literally the Exact Same on Wii U so it would not be too surprising if they just clipped the images from Wii U

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Mach Rider is interesting But UGHH Ridley And Mewtwo What a Shocker it is to see them on a leaked roster and I Could care less for Dixie Honestly

EDIT :

CounterPoint Is that The Boxing Arena And FD are Literally the Exact Same on Wii U so it would not be too surprising if they just clipped the images from Wii U
Honestly i would hate to see King k rool get turned down by dixie kong. It would hurt even more knowing my most wanted character got turned down by dark pit.......

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Not sure about that, but the point is that the Boxing Ring and Final Destination pictures look HD and smooth, Smash 3DS isn't in HD.
OBJECTION!

While Smash 3DS May not Be HD The 3DS Can Certainly Handle it

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Obviously, but why would all those stages look sharper than the others?
Perhaps Because Those Stages are the Same in Wii U so It could be an easier Design choice to make shortcuts I suppose I dunno Really at this Point We have covered so much in a Few days I think we are over-loading ourselves a bit but There is Slight possibility that we might get a Dorf reveal tomorrow so We could see if his Render matches the one on CSS

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Lucas dlc makes sense cause nintendo knows mother fans would be desperate for anything regarding those games. Same thing for star fox fans with wolf.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Perhaps Because Those Stages are the Same in Wii U so It could be an easier Design choice to make shortcuts I suppose I dunno Really at this Point We have covered so much in a Few days I think we are over-loading ourselves a bit but There is Slight possibility that we might get a Dorf reveal tomorrow so We could see if his Render matches the one on CSS
Problem with that is even if the dorf render matches it's just his Brawl render all over again so it wouldn't actually prove the leak in any capacity anymore than the Tomodachi stage picture thing did (Which too be honest I can't see anything in those comparison pictures they are way too pixelated for me to make a judgement.)

YAYCONFORMITY

Smash Apprentice
OBJECTION!

While Smash 3DS May not Be HD The 3DS Can Certainly Handle it
The 3DS can not handle HD. Its screen does not have high enough resolution, even if the hardware was capable. Capcom can slap whatever label they want on their game, but that doesn't make it true.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I'm not going to argue anymore on the legitimacy on these, but there's still the possibility of these being fake.

Don't hold it past a talented person to be able to 'shop some of these, regardless of how real they look.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I'm not going to argue anymore on the legitimacy on these, but there's still the possibility of these being fake.

Don't hold it past a talented person to be able to 'shop some of these, regardless of how real they look.
At this point I agree

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I'm Surprised how this One Leak has Cracked so many Non Believers Yet is making the Believers question its legitimacy:psycho:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Were all at such a big stand still. I dont know what to think right now.
Same here, pretty much.

No matter how much you guys debate

One side is wrong.

It's a leak, so there's conspiracy to be had over it.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't debate; I'm saying that there's only so much certainty you can have in this.

To whoever replied to my Dark Pit comment: true, Dark Pit has all of those differences from the regular Pit Uprising art, but those differences don't suddenly make the picture impossible to 'shop to that level.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Aside From The Palutena Leak when that was Fake but She was in the game anyway so both sides Won
If the leak was fake then by technicality anyone arguing that the leak was real was still wrong as the leak itself was disproven, regardless of whether or not the character in question was actually put in the game.

Last edited:

Sonicb00m111

Smash Rookie
Has anyone mentioned how the Random stage box on the stage select screen bleeds into the little menu strip at the bottom? GameXplain brought up the fact that the corner literally goes into the menu, which is clearly a slip up. No professional game designer would make that mistake.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Has anyone mentioned how the Random stage box on the stage select screen bleeds into the little menu strip at the bottom? GameXplain brought up the fact that the corner literally goes into the menu, which is clearly a slip up. No professional game designer would make that mistake.
Yes, it has been brought up.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Obviously, but why would all those stages look sharper than the others?
Because they're stages that are being shared between both versions that look exactly the same as opposed to Wily's Castle and Battlefield which have different backgrounds so it's very easy for them to use both portraits for both versions, obviously on the 3DS the resolution on said portraits would have to be lowered but we can't exactly determine if it's lowered because of the quality of the pictures.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I'm going to continue to call shenanigans on this leak until the game is released and I can see the full roster for myself. Even if we do get a PotD or other character reveal that matches one of the newcomers/unconfirmed vets, that doesn't necessarily mean that the entire leak is true.

However, for you believers out there I will say that even if part of the leak is proven false (Dark Pit revealed as a Stage Boss/Duck Hunt revealed as an AT similar to Color TV-Game 15 are my most plausible guesses), that doesn't necessarily mean that ALL the information in this leak is false, although it will officially disprove the leak itself.

For me, although some of the images do seem very well-done (props to whoever made this), there are some inconsistencies that go against the otherwise professional appearance. One example of this is that while the Duck Hunt, Ness, and Dr. Mario renders all look amazing, Wario is missing an entire pupil. No it's not partially hidden behind his nose, it's simply not there at all and you can see this if you zoom in enough. Also, notice how Shulk, Ness, and Dr. Mario all have the same shade of red as their backgrounds, when all the other character have their own color background (even if it's a slight difference in shade). It may not seem like much, but why would they simply slap the same color on 3 different characters (all of whom just happen to be unannounced at this time) when prior to that they took the same to make sure that each of the 37 announced fighters all had their own unique color background?

Although these are, for the most part, minor details, I find it very hard to believe that these things would slip by the design team unnoticed. Just my 2 cents, but at the end of the day I'm calling fake. Thoughts?

Last edited:

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
To whoever replied to my Dark Pit comment: true, Dark Pit has all of those differences from the regular Pit Uprising art, but those differences don't suddenly make the picture impossible to 'shop to that level.
Yeah that was me, and if they were gunna steal art from uprising they could have just used art of dark pit, they didn't edit a picture of Pit that shares no features. People keep looking for this crap, like with the mac/shulk thing even though when you look at the pictures and they are completely different. If I wanted to I could photoshop sheik into greninja but that doesn't mean that people actually would do that, and it is sure as hell NOT evidence. They are not edited pictures. Even if this leak is fake they aren't recycling crap, they are making this stuff and there is no getting around that. Like that fake image that someone made of the duck hunt dog render, that they then claimed is where the render base came from, when it is the other way around. I'm not claiming these leaks are valid I'm saying that every picture in the screen shots wasn't shoddily shopped from a COMPLETELY UNRELATED IMAGE. I'm getting tired of hearing this crap.

Last edited:

Joshua Twilley

Smash Rookie
More proof of it possibly being fake, Boxing Ring and Final Destination look like they were just clipped from the WiiU version:
but the paper mario stage is from a angle that has never been seen before. which means he would have had to render and then shrink a totally new pic of a already existing stage. also the tomodachi life pic is from a room that was reviled that day before this pic was posted. either meaning this guy worded super hard to quickly add that pic or this is legit.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Wait so something i just noticed. Since yoshi is in between the mario characters, that could mean not all characters are unlocked, and if thats the case, how does he know what characters were cut if he doesn't know the full roster? If he knew the full roster, he would have told us the rest of the characters. So how does he know what characters are dlc along with if there will even be any dlc?

NNID
Majorasmask66
but the paper mario stage is from a angle that has never been seen before. which means he would have had to render and then shrink a totally new pic of a already existing stage. also the tomodachi life pic is from a room that was reviled that day before this pic was posted. either meaning this guy worded super hard to quickly add that pic or this is legit.
Or for the tomadachi pic he works at famitsu hence why this leak came right before the newest famitsu magazine. And that pic that shows the paper mario stage at anew angle, he could've done anything. simply added more towards the ground to make it looked zoomed out ect. Im sure it doesn't take much work to do something like that for a small low quality pic. However i still sadly lean towards this being real.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
1. Just because it's at a different angle, doesn't mean it's real. It could've just been photoshopped.
2. The room is based off an actual room in Tomodachi life:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom