• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I read that the person who posted that roster pic also said he hasn't unlocked everyone yet. That might be linked to the question mark covering Mewtwo in the other pic, but I'm not sure in the least of course.

I'd actualy be pretty happy with this final roster. The only cut I don't completely support are the ICs. I'm still skeptical about this leak too of course though.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
I'd like to point out that in the post yesterday, the back box art of ssb4 3ds did NOT have monolith (the people who made xenoblade) as one of their cited sources, which a leads me to believe that shill is not in, and that this is a fake.

Not to mention the fact that they separated the characters. In every smash bros game, characters from the same game have always had their character icons touching in a certain manner (in brawl they stayed in the same column). In this picture, they have separated dark pit from the rest of the kid icarus cast, as well as Lucina from the rest of fire emblem ( these are just a few examples).

And finally, I have seen that dr.mario render before on deviantart as a fan project to show what he would look like in HD. It would only take someone with mediocre photoshop skills and way to much free time to put him in like that.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I'd like to point out that in the post yesterday, the back box art of ssb4 3ds did NOT have monolith (the people who made xenoblade) as one of their cited sources, which a leads me to believe that shill is not in, and that this is a fake.

Not to mention the fact that they separated the characters. In every smash bros game, characters from the same game have always had their character icons touching in a certain manner (in brawl they stayed in the same column). In this picture, they have separated dark pit from the rest of the kid icarus cast, as well as Lucina from the rest of fire emblem ( these are just a few examples).

And finally, I have seen that dr.mario render before on deviantart as a fan project to show what he would look like in HD. It would only take someone with mediocre photoshop skills and way to much free time to put him in like that.
I'm upset Shill isn't in the the game he was my most wanted, you know Shill from zero bake consoles.

zeldafan165

Smash Rookie
NNID
zeldafan165
Leak confirmed fake. The origin of the leak is allegedly from the ESRB, but the ESRB does not play the games they rate: they are sent footage and screens of all game elements for review. If these are screens from Nintendo, why are they so unprofessionally tilted and grainy?

Furthermore, where is the Mii Fighters icon? How are you supposed to select a Mii? If we assume that Miis are disabled in that leak, where would their icon go if they were enabled? There is only enough blank space on the roster to accommodate 5 more icons: the 5 DLC characters.

Spread this across SmashBoards. The leak is fake until proven otherwise.
you can't say its proven fake when there is no proof. there are things that seem off but you can't say it's confirmed fake

zeldafan165

Smash Rookie
NNID
zeldafan165
Warning Received

they don't need to moniolith soft is a 1st party developer

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
This is so fake.

You can speculate all you want.

HIS PUPIL IS MISSING! XD

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Why is everyone saying Wario is missing a pupil? It's clearly just partially hidden behind his nose.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The TERRIBLE character choices and cuts ALONE should disprove this as a fake ;

Wolf and Ice Climbers cut? WTF.

Bowser J, Pitto and Dr mArio? WTF.

It's a fake for so many reasons. GOOD TRY THOUGH :p

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
There's absolutely no way in hell this is real. You expect me to believe that Duck Hunt dog, Dark Pit and even Bowser Jr. to be in the game? Don't make me laugh!

And I only believe what Sakurai confirms himself so I'm just gonna wait until the games come out.

Last edited:

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
There's no way Sakurai kept ****ing ROB, but left out Ice Climbers.

I consider this fake for all the reasons above, but also the lack of Ridey and Mewtwo, who I have high certainty for (Especially Ridley)

Polo

Smash Cadet
Why is Dr. Mario so far away from the rest of the Mario series? It's not like there isn't room for him there, Mr. Game & Watch doesn't need to be sitting on the top row... seems odd to me.
Then again, maybe he's got a new icon and is representing the "Doctor Mario" series now, so that the Mario representation looks less saturated :p

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Only one thing needed to point out how fake it is: Game & Watch's right hand leaves his box and goes over Wario.

It's all fake lmao.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm surprised that this image debate is still going. Isn't there more than enough evidence confirming that this is all fake?

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
Ehn... too many things consistently wrong with this. It almost looks like somethings were done wrong/made obvious on PURPOSE.

Those 3DS shulk screenshots look kinda legit though, then again don't feel like staring at pictures taken on a potato for 20 minutes.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
Let's list the errors…

• Wario is missing the pupil of his left eye.
  • G&W's hand is going through his tile and into Wario's.
  • Yoshi is in between Bowser and Rosalina. Yoshi is his own universe in Smash.
  • Ice Climbers were cut, despite their universe's stuff being in the game. This one's subjective but it makes little sense.
  • The clones are nowhere near their templates. Clones have almost always been near the originals.
  • There's a pic showing the bottom screen later. The CPU's design box is not aligned.
  • Dr. Mario's render seems to be edited official art of Mario.
Why the hell is this on the front page, again?

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
this is a really amateur "leak" tbqh. its just so messy and ugly.
Fake or not, you have to admit that it is the best fake/leak so far. It really aint that ugly.

Polo

Smash Cadet
Something else that seems very odd to me is that Yoshi's icon is between Bowser's and Rosalina's - Sakurai has never had one series dividing the slots of another series on the character select screen before (even the Mario universe ones like the Yoshi and Wario series), so I doubt he would stick Yoshi in the middle of the Mario series characters.

Last edited:

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
Only one thing needed to point out how fake it is: Game & Watch's right hand leaves his box and goes over Wario.

It's all fake lmao.
Except it doesn't. Look at the picture closely, it just appears that way because of how dark his jacket is at the sides. It is barely in the shape of the rest of his hand. It could still be fake, but this is a flaw that people try to use to disprove its legitimacy that is kinda not true imo

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
This leak might be legit... But he's missing some obvious newcomers, G&W's hand is clipping over Wario, Wario is missing a pupil, Duck Hunt looks a little fake, some of the stages look like they were just clipped from past Smashes and Smash U, and Dr. Mario returning instead of Mewtwo? Really :laugh: ? If they tried a bit harder then I might have believed this.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
WHY IS THIS EVEN AN ARTICLE!

Like, it's funny how the article author provided a link for where this whole thing SHOULD'VE BEEN IN THE FIRST PLACE :/

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I have to say I'm skeptical too, but it's the Stage Select screen that concerns me.

• The box UI at the bottom leaves no black space between it and the stage icons above it.
  • The 'Random' icon being highlighted looks like it's clipping the icons around it. It might just be hovering for added effect, but the inner red outline doesn't look like it fits well either.
  • The icons used for the stages looks inconsistent in camera angles and composition. A handful of them take a nice shot of the whole stage; others seem to be taken from obscure angles and awkward close-ups. Especially in the "new" stages shown.
  • Some of the stages look pretty blurred. I can only guess that's N's Castle next to the Prism Tower stage, but it doesn't really look like N's Castle from what I remember. And WTF is that pink stage?
  • There is a LOT of returning stages, that seems too inconvenient for the leaker to fill up space. Arguably, this could happen, as a way to save development time whilst add more content and representation for particular franchises. Still, that feels way too convenient to take advantage of. The returning stages' icons could easily be cropped.
  • Who the $$$$ wants Mushroom Kingdom from Brawl back...
Everyone else pretty much sums up my thought on the character screen, too.

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
Wondering why the hell this made the first page.

Let's assume this is legit though... I'd bash my ******* head in. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit? Great, two more clones. No M2, Ridley or Rool?

Duck hunt dog = meh.
Bowser Jr = awesome.
Ganon back = great.
G&W back = great.
Wario back = great for his fans.
Jiggly back = great.

4 veterans and one newcomer as DLC sounds like the most boring DLC there could be. It should be 4 newcomers and one veteran.

Roster score: 5.5/10
Plausibility: 3/10

Sakurai isn't stupid enough to make this abomination the final roster.

I'm somewhat skeptical, but the problem with many of the arguments here is that they have to do with "there's no WAY Sakurai would add so-and-so character to Smash!" If this was a valid argument against it, the Melee and Brawl leaks would be debunked solely for having weird characters.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wondering why the hell this made the first page.

Let's assume this is legit though... I'd bash my ******* head in. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit? Great, two more clones. No M2, Ridley or Rool?

Duck hunt dog = meh.
Bowser Jr = awesome.
Ganon back = great.
G&W back = great.
Wario back = great for his fans.
Jiggly back = great.

4 veterans and one newcomer as DLC sounds like the most boring DLC there could be. It should be 4 newcomers and one veteran.

Roster score: 5.5/10
Plausibility: 3/10

Sakurai isn't stupid enough to make this abomination the final roster.
IMHO, that is the single MAIN thing going against this fake leak.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
It's hilarious to me that you guys are setting your expectations so high. If you thought Sakurai was going to deliver a mind-blowing roster you were just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

A roster similar to this would be exactly what should be expected, not some of the over-the-top characters I frequently see you guys rally for. That's not to say I think it's real, though.
Yeah, because MAIN VILLAINS are some sort of outlandish choice.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Duck Hunt Dog with no Ice Climbers.

Not a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom