• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Postcard

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
First and foremost; Orca, shanus, Wind Owl, coolface.gif, SHeLL and everyone else. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR OFFER!!! Really, it seriously touched me when I heard about that. even if it was a few months ago, you guys are great. I have a new USB Gecko now, but the fact that you guys were willing to help is just really awesome. Thanks guys.
One who has done so much for this community deserves nothing less than the most support we can provide.
You've done so much. I bid you good luck on your future endeavors, be they hacking or otherwise. You'll be missed, and never forgotten.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Can you please try and make a file patch for SMG? I know it used brawl's sd loader but riivolution only works for discs. Maybe making a hacked smg ISO with brawls sd loading code would work?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
for people who can't do riivolution it's because you use back ups if you use back ups then you can burn another disc or change the iso on usb loader, but i don't think that this talk should go any farther because isn't this the gray area of what not to talk about

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Two reasons, one being they'd have to completely rebuild it for ISO loaders and the other being they also don't favor an option that allows for pirating, disregarding the amount of people that don't, it's not something they'd like to keep in mind.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
it wouldn't be that hard for back ups and its obviously because they don't want to support pirates im pretty sure they have stated that plus they would have open source if they wanted it

Matteron

Smash Ace
I just want to write the ending story for this great man.

A coffin is in the middle of a room, a priest get's up and clears his thought, "Here lies Phantom Wings, one of the great Super Smash Brothers Brawl Hackers seen, he has done more than any forum could do in a lifetime in a couple years. This is the man that eliminated iso burning, this is the man who gave made the foundation of everything we have now, easy texture's swaps, move set changes, and now even model hacking. He is the man who..."
The priest notices that Phantom Wings isn't in his coffin..., "All right where's Phantom Wings, come on who took his body, I mean I've heard of fan boys, but stealing a corpse, ridiculous..."
Man in the back raises his hand, "Last I've heard of him was from a postcard sent from space..."
Priest palms his face, "Oh shi-"

humble

Smash Ace
PW, I want to let you know that you were the one who started this all, and made it possible. You were the one who created our amazing community, and you were the one who made the difference for us. Know that even now when you are leaving us, we will never forget what you have done for us and what you have made possible. You opened our eyes to our wildest imaginations, and made our fantasies real. You inspired me, and so many others, to dream and to create. You handed us the tools and let us run wild, and opened new doors with each new creation. We will always miss you PW, your legacy lives on, in us and in everything we have made thanks to the work you put in. So leave us with a smile on your face, and we will do our utmost to make you proud.

You have gotten us started and helped us along the way, and now we have grown as a community and no barrier is too great for us to overcome. I sincerely hope that you can foster and raise the Galaxy community as well, and show them what you have shown us- endless possibilities. Thank you PW, for all you have done. The smash community will always welcome you with open arms, and greet you with joy.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Without PW, would Kryal or Dantarion (and therefore shanus in light of his OSA2 knowledge) have the motivation or abilities or tools to delve further into Brawl hacking? I can't even imagine being in your position and seeing how your lead into Brawl hacking generated one of the largest hacking communities for a single game. Put enough effort into it and it'll start moving all by itself.

If you put just as much effort (or close to enough; SMG doesn't have quite the complexity of information that would leave one busy on many different parts compared to Brawl), I'm sure you could start a movement in another game. And a level builder for a 3D game is one hell of a start.

Good luck, we'll miss you greatly.

Pokechao

Smash Apprentice
ok about this module editor
can we finally full port chars over others with this?
if so then can someone please explain HOW TO FREAKIN' USE THIS THING?!
EDIT:60th POST!

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Phantom Wings, your leaving? I knew this day would come (in liek, a long way away, or until he got bored of brawl) You started us PW. You started All the new aspiring brawl hackers who are here in this forum today. You practically started brawl hacking. You shaped a game, into a community. You've created so many wonderful things for us, but i guess its time to move on, right? All i have to say to your leaving of the brawl community is.... Thank you, and Good bye. We will miss you!

And thus starts Super Mario Galaxy Hacking.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
umm because it wouldn't be a model port someone would make the level idk how far the level maker is but it shouldn't bee too hard, just like replace wing cap with flying suit

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Its not custom model building which is what you described. That would be friggin epic though.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I know, I've played the first game. I'm saying if it got imported to Galaxy 2.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
well he did say smg 1 and 2 right? im not sure how hard it would be but i just realized that it was gone even though im 200 stars through rofl

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
With a little Ocarina/Gecko OS magic, the flying suit can still be accessed...

Somewhere in the deep plumbing of the Galaxy 2 ISO, out of the public's sight. Where exactly, no idea.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Happy almost 2nd birthday PW (two days left).

I'm gonna be on a trip so it's fitting that I say it now :p

Top Bottom