• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Postcard

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
"Having a great time"

"Spreading Anarchy In The Galaxy."

~Phantom Wings​
sneak, sneak

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Does it matter what it is or if it is anything at all?

Phantom Wings is alive!

That's all that matters.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Its definitely something...
OP is now a video......!!!!!!!!!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
The picture's clickable now. It links to a video for a custom Super Mario Galaxy 2 level.

So, basically, he's been working on a Super Mario Galaxy (2) level editor, which sounds pretty awesome. :)

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
If Phantom makes Galaxy as hackable as Brawl, then I won't really care if he returns to the Brawl scene or not.

Not that I expect him to leave the Brawl scene.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Aw yeah. If this gets as hackable as Brawl, we could make planets with models that look like anything we want! How awesome would it be to have planets based off SSBB trophies? Ooh! Or have a Hyrule Galaxy! *drools*

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
i saw the title and i was thinking is this another off topic thing and i see phantom wings back, sort of, i could totally get into galaxy hacking but.... what about the clone engine work or maybe the knowledge of what he knows about it and stuff but well whatever glad to see you back

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
I got all excited only to realize that this is about a game I don't even have.

I want Geno and Mewtwo in Brawl, not custom levels in SMG2 :(

Bero

Smash Journeyman
He won't leave SSBB without completing Rel Editor, of course.
...Will you?

Phantom Wings

Smash Apprentice
Well, it feels good to be back. I suppose I have a few questions directed towards me that need answering as well as a few words of my own to speak.

First and foremost; Orca, shanus, Wind Owl, coolface.gif, SHeLL and everyone else. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR OFFER!!! Really, it seriously touched me when I heard about that. even if it was a few months ago, you guys are great. I have a new USB Gecko now, but the fact that you guys were willing to help is just really awesome. Thanks guys.

Next, If you're interested, Dantarion, feel free to send me a PM here and I'll send you a copy of the source. But as always, my code isn't exactly top notch and is lacking the basic fundamentals of commenting... .

And on the topic of the editor, there isn't a 3D GUI yet until I can decompress the models (MDL3 if anyone's interested) but the basic system is sound. I was actually pretty surprised at the simplicity that Nintendo managed to put into the stage layout files. I'll be releasing it as soon as I fix a certain ordering bug that tends to cause unexpected things to pop up during gameplay. While I'd like to discuss it a bit more, I realize this is a board about Smash, so I made a post down at the SMWCentral hacking section about it for now. If anyone can think of a better place to setup camp I'm open to suggestions.

Finally, as much as I hate to say it and as much as everyone hates to hear it, I will be permanently retiring from Brawl hacking so I can devote my time to SMG hacking. From what I've seen between you Bero, and a few other motivated individuals, it doesn't look like Brawl hacking will be dying anytime soon. I will leave what I've done on the module editor (sloppy code and all :bee:) lying around for anyone willing to check it out and of course, I will still hang around here to provide support, but I'll be cutting out the field work in Brawl.

I'm pretty sure that's everything. So, uhh. I guess I'll be off then.

Edit: *Screech* oh right, I suppose I should leave the link to the module editor.

Link

*Dawns sunglasses, rides off into the sunset.*

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
this my friend, is the best speach I have seen
but hey, dont forget yourself. thank you for all the program hacks (PSA), all the codes and even more.
Thank you from us!
Good bye, Hejdå, Farvel, Näkemiin, au revoir, さような!
if you guess right which Languages I used, you will get a cookie :3
have a good time on the other side!

SMWCentral
time to start to be active again

Bero

Smash Journeyman
So, we are last Brawl hackers...
I will stay here until I see that C# learners master C#.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I'm not one of GODS for you right?lol
I can understand codes but I'm not interested in it now. I may work on it if I have nothing to do.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Ds22 and Mr. Chuy, my thoughts exactly on the module editor. Although, it's probably something that only GODS would know how to use. ie. Dantarion and PW
There are others who have used it and understood. IIRC a .rel file is like assembly code, and it basically just contains a bunch of pointers and how certain files are built or something like that.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
*kills myself twice for lack of even a slight chance of a final PSA update or clone engine ever happening*

*considers SMG hacking*

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh well. Now I want to learn how to code to become the next generation haxor

Thankfully, I have an area where to start.

And the editor will become a big help.

Enjoy your life and thank you, PW.

*Goes down pipe*

Edit: ...........................

Does the character rels control what Brawl assumes where bones such as ThrowN??
I need to look into it, and find out what the color code means.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Finally, as much as I hate to say it and as much as everyone hates to hear it, I will be permanently retiring from Brawl hacking

*takes off hat*
*bows head*
Thank you for all your contributions to Smash hacking, PW. We'll miss you terribly.
*starts sobbing*

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Wow. Well, I have mixed feelings at the moment. On one hand, I'm happy about SMG hacking, people willing to fill the void PW is creating in Brawl hacking, that PW isn't dead, and that he will still provide support to Brawl hacking. On the other hand, I'm sad because I think Brawl hacking will start to die out, no Clone Engine progress has been made (not that PW was obligated to create it, and others are attempting to finish it), and that there are few who can replace PW. I'll just say this- I hope the new generation of smash hackers csn complete the challenges left to them by the old guard. On a positive note though I'm pysched about SMG2 hacking. I can only begin to imagine the possibilities...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Edit: ...........................

Does the character rels control what Brawl assumes where bones such as ThrowN??
I need to look into it, and find out what the color code means.

When the void is completely filled, the clone engine will be improved and my dream would be a character roster expansion code to add 10 character slots with ft_custom1.rel like the stage expansion code.

We are a long way from that though.

I'm trying to learn how to read the Assembly section of the rels to try to benefit custom characters and how to mod event matches properly.

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
Farewell Phantom Wings, thanks for all you have done to the Brawl hacking community, best of luck in SMG hacking, and enjoy the rest of your.... journey.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
*takes off hat*
*bows head*
Thank you for all your contributions to Smash hacking, PW. We'll miss you terribly.
*starts sobbing*
Agreed with this. You were one of the people that not only got me into Brawl hacking but also one of the people that were responsible for growing a hacking community to as big as it is now as well. Rest assured, the new generation's got this!

I can't wait for your SMG1/2 level editor though, and it'll be fun following the hacks they come up with in that game as well :p

shanus

Smash Hero
Glad to hear things are going well PW. Epic work, wish you the best of luck! You sir continue to work miracles, I really hope you make a portfolio of your work one day and it lands you some kickass job somewhere (if you don't have one already, that is)

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
:( I was so sad when I saw he was done with brawl. The smg level editor is amazing though

Top Bottom