• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post your own mind-games here!

Banks

Smash Hero
k guys i got a new one, its called forward a in face. play as marth and forward smash his sword near someones face, and if it doesnt hit them, do it again. they dont expek the sekund one.

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
Dash slow ( don't know if tht's a term ) , works best with falcon because no one expects my falcon to go slow.

or

1. Scream a big 'HI-YAH' to make your opponent think your going to attack
2. Grab your opponent's controller and chuck it
3. Smack your opponent on the head

Me and my friends do it that way, we like to call it 'overly agressive' smash.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Heres a good one: Taunt when your opponent is too far away to hit you.

Yeah, it works like a charm.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
this is a pointless thread. No one who's any good makes up mindgames ahead of time. THe point of mindgames is that youy adapt to any given situation and create something new so your opponent will never know what you're going to do. No one thinks ahead of time "i'm going to do THIS. That'll confuse the heck out of him!". They just do something. whether its dding straight into a grab, dding into wd back and forth, empty shuffle, stop, jab, wait a little bit, and then grab , or maybe even just dashing accros the stage into a dash attack, mindgames are anything that your opponent won't expect. walking up to someone and forward smashing is a mindgame in itself. what if they try to shuffle and attack? they certainly won't be expecting a straight up smash. it could be just WDing back and forth, buy mindgames are integrated into the game so that its impossible to pick out individual examples.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
i think this mindgame is well known already, walking, and suddenly smashing in the other direction^^

Lesheik

Smash Lord
this is a pointless thread. No one who's any good makes up mindgames ahead of time. THe point of mindgames is that youy adapt to any given situation and create something new so your opponent will never know what you're going to do. No one thinks ahead of time "i'm going to do THIS. That'll confuse the heck out of him!". They just do something. whether its dding straight into a grab, dding into wd back and forth, empty shuffle, stop, jab, wait a little bit, and then grab , or maybe even just dashing accros the stage into a dash attack, mindgames are anything that your opponent won't expect. walking up to someone and forward smashing is a mindgame in itself. what if they try to shuffle and attack? they certainly won't be expecting a straight up smash. it could be just WDing back and forth, buy mindgames are integrated into the game so that its impossible to pick out individual examples.
I already explained that this thread is for tricks that worked on people before.
I made this thread so people can experiment with tricking the enemy.

I got mixed up with mindgames and trickery when I first started the topic, which is why the first post is now edited.

Top Bottom