• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

possibly old/DI able dsmash lock?

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
This could very likely be old or simply DI able, but i was using ZSS in training and i noticed that when spaced right you can Dsmash> dodge roll behind while paralyzed> Dsmash rinse repeat. The timing changes after 44% (probably not exactly that number) and APPEARED to be a lock until 77%, at which point i followed up with a SHFair. however since i was alone i couldn't test if it could be DI'd, and i don't know if someone else found this already. However it did work on the lvl 9 computer.

and yes this happens to be my second possible find... but the first one was old so i don't expect much of this =P.

noradseven

Smash Lord
It works on fox/falco till like 80-90%, there is data on it somewhere, but ya gotta start below 40%ish, and the timing is 3 frames I think but its not too hard once you get used to it and its safe if you screw it up a little so.

I think it works on a few other characters at very low percents, but its really not worth it, normally its just better to d-smashX2 then f-air on anyone else.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
When dsmash is completely stale it works on a few characters 2-3 times (at early percents) like King Dedede, Donkey Kong and Bowser but like norad said it's not worth it because dsmash is never completely stale and you'd have to play your game around making it so.

It is worth nothing though that when dsmash is completely stale there's little-to-no knockback on dsmash before 100%.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
When dsmash is completely stale it works on a few characters 2-3 times (at early percents) like King Dedede, Donkey Kong and Bowser but like norad said it's not worth it because dsmash is never completely stale and you'd have to play your game around making it so.

It is worth nothing though that when dsmash is completely stale there's little-to-no knockback on dsmash before 100%.
Not to mention that when it's completely stale it only does 5% damage...

But yeah, this technique only works practically on Fox and Falco IIRC.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
here's the data

also, it can work on lots of people if they aren't smart enough (or don't know the match-up enough) to jump out. it's worth a try on people you haven't played yet, keep doing it till they figure it out.

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
oh thats why lol i was using it on fox lolz =P

thanks for the further clarification and frame data.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
didn't i say something like this, but my thread got locked?
its just like dsmash, u+b, dsmash, up+b..(repeat)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
didn't i say something like this, but my thread got locked?
its just like dsmash, u+b, dsmash, up+b..(repeat)
Did you seriously just post in a half-month old thread to ask this?

Dsmash chains are something that aren't talked about very often. We get about one post a week on average asking your stupid question and most people don't bother to make a new thread to do it!

<3

Zero

Smash Hero
Rargh SFP, I reported it and requested a lock, I refrained from exercising my rage upon this thread and acted sensibly. >.<

Although you were a lot more tame than me when I first saw his post. Oh boy....

Top Bottom