• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly new link boomerang glitch!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I just saw this on gamefaqs. Strange how he can only get it to work on the right side but not on the left.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
great find! =]
brawl is so broken. sakurai is such a genius! lol
my friend and i was talking about something like this for Falcon to make him top tier. Just something we made up called "the invisible knee" where you can sweetspot a knee from anywhere. lol

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a cool trick to bust out every once and a while. Or to push a Zelda off the stage if she's using her din's fire, XD.

Crow!

Smash Lord
I've seen this before, but I've never understood the mechanics, and neither have I thought it sufficiently useful for Link to bother figuring out what the mechanics actually are.

Looking at other threads regarding this same topic, it doesn't look like anyone has yet compiled a useful, case by case explanation of what will cause the boomerang to do this, though many people have observed it and some have gained an intuitive understanding.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
lol when i was practicing gale guarding the other day i saw something similar to this as i threw my boomerang and it went through the stage XD except i thought nothing of it. Awesome find

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
This could result in the best gale guard ever! >_< No, seriously, it goes the whole length of the stage so this seems really useful. Pure ownage.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I've actually done this a few times unintentionally in the WiFi Waiting Room!
If I'm ever on the edge of FD while my opponent is on the other side of the stage, I'll give this a try. :p
But seriously, good find. :]

Azgner

Smash Apprentice
I've posted something about that some time ago, but the thread died. good to see that somebody has brought this up again. I find it way more difficult to do with toon link. the sad thing is that it requires lots of set up and the gale force is not that strong, but i've gimped an marth once or twice by doing that.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Awesome music on the vid.

This reminds me of something I did with Toon Link in the Waiting Room. I was on the left side, and chucked a boomerang angled down just as Sandbag fell past from above.

The boomerang went down from the stage. . . at a lower angle than you can throw it. I couldn't see what animation the boomerang had. I heard the collision noise but I don't know when.

I mention the Bag because I couldn't recreate this. I thought I had made the boomerang bounce off some kind of clip barrier on the lip . . . but pass through the actual stage. Or some crazy thing like that.

I'll see if I can get this glitch to work from the left side of the universe.

EDIT: oh yeah, hi, new Link user.

D

Deleted member

this has been known for a long time T_T

you can also throw your boomerang through the Great Fox and hyrule temple

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I did this to my brother one day without knowing what it was, and I was like "cool" I pushed him off, I didn't know it was a glitch, but this is a cool find.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Hehe yeah, this is what happens with my flubbed Galegards. lol. It might be hard to utilize though, if it even can. I'm going to look into it for real use. Known about it for a long time but never thought of actually using it.

Top Bottom