• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

possible use for nair?

i1337

Smash Ace
so...maybe one way it could be used is

short hop > weak hit nair > side b

as seen in this video at 5:55 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVImpxyZfIE

i know there is some lag in between nair and side b, but that could potentially damage/break shields. or if your opponent is expecting it, you could wait for them to roll/spotdodge, then use side b.

thoughts?

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i use it from time to time as a mindgame, use the nair without hitting them so they drop their shield and as they go in for a punish, hit them with the side b

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
fast fall it as an edge guard thats faster than fair and dair

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Nair to headbutt is alright, but I wouldn't use it to often. I've been trying to find ways to use it to, sometimes I ledgehop with it. Its not like its a bad move or anything, he just has such better ones.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Use it when Bair is super diminished.
Am I the only one that likes my Bair diminished? I mean, if the knock back is lowered then I can hit them with it more than once to do more damage. If it isn't diminished then I can use it as a kill move, so it's a win/win imo.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I use bair a lot but I try not to let it get too diminished. It sucks when you're on Japes and someone is camping one of the side platforms and the only thing you can approach with is bair and it gets so diminished that they live to 130's with good DI.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I use bair a lot but I try not to let it get too diminished. It sucks when you're on Japes and someone is camping one of the side platforms and the only thing you can approach with is bair and it gets so diminished that they live to 130's with good DI.
uair through the platforms is good, but watch out for the river god.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Yeah at the billfest before last the river god got me eliminated in doubles and singles. Should have turned on the timer before playing japes.

Tujex

Smash Ace
I tend to use it a defensive measure to try and prevent myself from being juggled, or when I'm stuck in midair and certain characters are chasing me. Of course Fair is a better choice depending on who is doing the chasing.

Lizard

Smash Ace
Diminushed back air set up for a killer combo though.

while edgegaurding, Bair, immiediate Bair, Immiediate Side B.

For charachters like snake.... its pretty much certain death when connected

Tujex

Smash Ace
agree'd

Any meteor smash/spike pretty much ***** snake. He doesn't have the recovery options of Sonic, so that vertical recovery pretty much leaves him open to your rapeage.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I found a really awesome way to combo with this the other day. I was trying to attack them while they were coming back from the ledge (or jumping near the edge of the stage).

Nair -> Jump -> Dair

Try it out. It looks so smooth.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Nair is still kinda useful in my opinion... When you jump forward and mess up on the spacing (means, no Fair) its pretty much your only option to avoid a counter-attack from your oponnent.... Your other option would be to UpB from there which isnt that bad either. But in an Aerial battle or when an opponent closes in without you noticing, this is pretty much an effective way to get the opponent off effectively, though its priority and rnge might mean you get hit anyways, the recover time and stuff make it more viable than UpB in many situations... But other than that, the better DK players should not mess up aerial spacing anyways, so ths is more a move that saves you from being a n00b sometimes~

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
I use it to get rid of Din's God**** fire (not entirely sure what else it clanks with) and so that Bair isn't so diminished all the time.

I make it a point to use it over Bair if both will connect so when the time comes for a Bair it kills people DEAD.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I only use N-air when I am going to spike someone or get someone off of me while I am high in the air. Don't use it when you are close to the ground cause it cause landing lag (of course you know that). Plus, don't use it when you are almost back on the stage for being sent off by an attack (this also causes lag and can probably let you miss your chance of grabbing the ledge

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Since nobody ever checks the ABR.

end of nair so it's weak, immediately land, jab will pull them in, dsmash etc.

Top Bottom