• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible New Mario Gimp?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I do that same thing on Battlefield and Yoshi's Island. :laugh: Make a video anyway.
And what do you know, Skyler ruined our game of Monopoly!

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Situational or not this is pretty god **** SEXY. I went to training mode and practiced this after I watched the video. xD It'll probably be something I only try when ahead a good stock or two.

hurd86

Smash Rookie
Stop spamming, guys. After this, you get infracted.

Also, I think that this gimp is a bit silly. It's much easier too just edgehog or stage drop and bair stage spike than that. Though, it is pretty flashy, and looks awesome to pull off.
Actually, it is pretty effective against characters that recover vertically. The pivot fireball isn't really expected but a bair is expected 99% of the time since that is Mario's best move. Also, you can customize the move too. There is time to bair (or upair and possibly get a stagespike if positioned right) after the pivot fireball (if the airdodge the fireball) and that would connect, you would still have a doublejump for recovery. A cape stall could also be used. This is just the basics of the move but it can be changed and tweaked. I'm actually pretty good at this offline and it catches mostly everyone I play offguard. I admit, it is flashy and situational but the mindgaming potential it has is AWESOME! =D

ThatGuy

Smash Master
That looks very neat, I'm going to try that out next time I get a chance. It looks like it could be useful for edgeguarding underneath the edge where I have the most trouble.

Matt07

Smash Master
I've pulled that off before when I meant to use Cape (although I still gimped them)>_>. Situational, but still sexy to pull off.

SDC

Smash Lord
Another AIB there should be more of us here.... lol anyway good gimp though, i like it (although i've seen it before, and did it myself once). very situational, and that gimp is not going to work on every char, thankfully they nerfed the **** out of falcon's recovery so he can't go very vertical anymore, someone like zelda or samus or somebody would probably get back to the top of the stage easy, but anyway still cool.

Lol not the first time its happened but as you said you were the first to come out of the closet about it XD so i guess you can claim a little bit of the credit. i think this gimp is limited to the surprise factor, if you do it too often you will prob get punished for it. the only time i've done a gimp like this is when i nailed my bro with a fireball of the stage (just like in vid) and he wasn't expecting it so he couldnt recover, however when i tried it again he dodged and recovered, so surprise will probably play a big factor in this one.

i love these vids that experiment and try to do something new though, keep it up!!

Top Bottom