• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Smash Bi-Monthly Tournaments -- Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
I wish I had gone I thought this tournament was next Saturday not this last one =( I would have gone far in the brackets lol after I looked at them lol

T0MMY

Smash Master
Tommy, Josh and our friend Scott both play better when they're drunk XD
Which is to say they only have enough coordination to button-mash... which would probably be better tactics than them actually trying, haha.

Rage - yeah, we didn't get a chance to play. I wouldn't have 3-stocked you like last time, I couldn't play at all that whole day.
SD's suck, but I think I SD'd at least once with everyone, so don't feel so bad about it.

t0mmy - I saw you sandbagging. Smash is more fun over 9,000.
Sandbagging is the best tactic when I can't play anyway. I play worse when I try.

T0mmy - our match sucked loloolololllol
My match with everyone sucked. Don't capitalize the 't' or at least capitalize all of it. Also, don't get Falcon punched so much, lolz.

binx - yeah, we had a close match, but I wanted those berries the winner would get, otherwise you would have won.

Jank - Thanks for the controller you let me use in place of my crappy (yet new) one. Somehow I did worse with it though. I was probably just used to down=left.

gage and ryan - I didn't expect to see you in finals for teams, good work. But Jigglypuff & Kirby are too cheap, heh heh.

gun - you should stay longer than an hour for each tournament you attend.

Sweet and your entertaining because your bad at smash lol and I know things that I shouldn't know about you and your worries in life are not even funny yet I will laugh because I am heartless toward your pain and suffering about someone you care about lol sorry Tommy am I pushing buttons do typos matter No not at all lol because if that's all you can counter with you will have to do better than that lol or next time I see you I am going to have to blow smoke in your face.
Riot - I don't fail at Smash, I went to the tourney even though I was scheduled to work, yet you live in Portland and didn't show up.
I'm the only one that doesn't say anything bad about you, and you go and assume I am "countering" you with your entertaining typos. All I said were your typos entertain me. Allow me to elaborate--most typos are simple ones like "evrybody" but yours are "can you give me a life?" instead of "can you give me a lift?" That's just funny, I'm not giving you a hard time about it. I'm just saying that's the only thing good drugs have done for you.
If you want to laugh at my problems, go ahead, that would just make everyone look down on you and give me more sympathy. And though that is moot to me, it'd probably just make things more difficult for you considering I see so many people here give you such a hard time.
I doubt you would blow smoke in my face, but just so you know I consider that a physical assault on myself and chances are you wouldn't be able to get a decent breath in afterwards.
I remember you saying you couldn't tell when I was being sarcastic before, but I wasn't even being sarcastic or anything, your typos are entertaining and meant nothing more than that. So, show up to some tournies sometime, no johnz, k?

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Riot - I don't fail at Smash, I went to the tourney even though I was scheduled to work, yet you live in Portland and didn't show up.
I'm the only one that doesn't say anything bad about you, and you go and assume I am "countering" you with your entertaining typos. All I said were your typos entertain me. Allow me to elaborate--most typos are simple ones like "evrybody" but yours are "can you give me a life?" instead of "can you give me a lift?" That's just funny, I'm not giving you a hard time about it. I'm just saying that's the only thing good drugs have done for you.
If you want to laugh at my problems, go ahead, that would just make everyone look down on you and give me more sympathy. And though that is moot to me, it'd probably just make things more difficult for you considering I see so many people here give you such a hard time.
I doubt you would blow smoke in my face, but just so you know I consider that a physical assault on myself and chances are you wouldn't be able to get a decent breath in afterwards.
I remember you saying you couldn't tell when I was being sarcastic before, but I wasn't even being sarcastic or anything, your typos are entertaining and meant nothing more than that. So, show up to some tournies sometime, no johnz, k?[/QUOTE]

I told people the reason I didn't show up I thought it was this next Saturday read more into my messages. Call it physical assault try me tommy your a weird looking peace of dirt who happens to have people dog on you all the time people get mad at me because I tell them how it is. Also as for me not getting a breath in I highly dough that tommy you would hit the ground so fast it wouldn't be funny then I guess I just have to spit on you when your down.

Tell me hows your girlfriend doing still alive? Hope not! I feel sorry that she has to get stuck dating you but it's because your so "Strong" with her or something lol given someone not with her problem and you would be out of luck.

I have never cared what people think and or say about me. I never have, never will! I just hope they can back up what they say because I will hit someone if they try and disrespect me such as you are right now.

Your talking as if I do drugs all the time I have been sober off everything for about 2 months now I am working a much better job than you have ever had and over all I have created a nice life for my self tell me what do you hope to accomplish from playing smash and wasting all your "hard earned money" Or do you just let mommy and daddy lose out?

BTW "JOHNS" are ********....... enough said.

I am not going to any tournaments for 1.) I know that every time I play everyone is getting better yet I can still beat them....... sad.... I never play...... 2.) There are way to many stupid people who play smash. 3.) The only good Oregon smashers are ME, Keith, Andrew (GUN) OLE, Xery and Jesse. 4.) This game is 5 years old do something new with your lives....... I know that I am and I can still hold my skill level.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
yeah i wasnt able to come to to Oregon for this...i got surgery on my appendix = 2 weeks recovering at home >_<. When is the next one going to be? Or if it isnt scheduled what month do you plan on having it in?

Riot6777- You're a character :p, ill hopefully get to play you

Riot6777

Smash Ace
yeah i wasnt able to come to to Oregon for this...i got surgery on my appendix = 2 weeks recovering at home >_<. When is the next one going to be? Or if it isnt scheduled what month do you plan on having it in?

Riot6777- You're a character :p, ill hopefully get to play you
One day you just might get to play me I can tell you that you will not be disapointed. Hey look more Riot TYPOS let's all make a big deal :psycho:

Whatever anyway yeah if your ever in Oregon I will have to check my work times but then we will be good to battle

Binx

Smash Master
I told people the reason I didn't show up I thought it was this next Saturday read more into my messages. Call it physical assault try me tommy your a weird looking peace of dirt who happens to have people dog on you all the time people get mad at me because I tell them how it is. Also as for me not getting a breath in I highly dough that tommy you would hit the ground so fast it wouldn't be funny then I guess I just have to spit on you when your down.

Tell me hows your girlfriend doing still alive? Hope not! I feel sorry that she has to get stuck dating you but it's because your so "Strong" with her or something lol given someone not with her problem and you would be out of luck.

I have never cared what people think and or say about me. I never have, never will! I just hope they can back up what they say because I will hit someone if they try and disrespect me such as you are right now.

Your talking as if I do drugs all the time I have been sober off everything for about 2 months now I am working a much better job than you have ever had and over all I have created a nice life for my self tell me what do you hope to accomplish from playing smash and wasting all your "hard earned money" Or do you just let mommy and daddy lose out?

BTW "JOHNS" are ********....... enough said.

I am not going to any tournaments for 1.) I know that every time I play everyone is getting better yet I can still beat them....... sad.... I never play...... 2.) There are way to many stupid people who play smash. 3.) The only good Oregon smashers are ME, Keith, Andrew (GUN) OLE, Xery and Jesse. 4.) This game is 5 years old do something new with your lives....... I know that I am and I can still hold my skill level.
Seriously dude, you need to stop insulting everyone, nothing productive comes out of it at all.

And I am pretty sure I am better than Gun so you forgot some portland players.

Smash isn't a waste of money if you are doing it for entertainment, if you are not playing smash for entertainment of some kind then you probably need to take a step back and take an objective look at your life.

So Riot, where are you working that you have to check a schedual?

@ Everyone who attended, the venue is kind of small and I dont have the time to find a new one, but if everyone is ok with that venue I can call Jay and see if we can keep hosting them there.

So lemme know what you thought if you did come, I will try and make sure everything starts earlier next time so we can get more friendlies in.

If enough people want to keep having these and I can get Jay to OK it then I will put up a list of regular attendees and try to have an insentive for bringing equipment, also I wont forget my Wiimote next time :(

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Seriously dude, you need to stop insulting everyone, nothing productive comes out of it at all.

And I am pretty sure I am better than Gun so you forgot some portland players.

Smash isn't a waste of money if you are doing it for entertainment, if you are not playing smash for entertainment of some kind then you probably need to take a step back and take an objective look at your life.

So Riot, where are you working that you have to check a schedual?

@ Everyone who attended, the venue is kind of small and I dont have the time to find a new one, but if everyone is ok with that venue I can call Jay and see if we can keep hosting them there.

So lemme know what you thought if you did come, I will try and make sure everything starts earlier next time so we can get more friendlies in.

If enough people want to keep having these and I can get Jay to OK it then I will put up a list of regular attendees and try to have an insentive for bringing equipment, also I wont forget my Wiimote next time :(
Justin I just happen to not like some people and my list only keeps growing and I don't mind I am pretty sure I have said my feelings enough by now that I don't give a flying **** what anyone says about me.

I am only off tomorrow (Friday) Staurday and Sunday then I work all week am off on Friday but then work Saturday and Sunday off Monday and Turesday but then work the rest of the week lol

I work at the Westin Hotel down town it is a beautiful 4 star hotel and I am starting to make bank.

BTW Justin if I want to spend my money on entertainment I will go see a movie with my girlfriend go to dinner go to a park plan something nice if I want to play smash I will just play all my friends go hard with out money because trying your hardest in every match is the only way to be come good in my opinion.

Binx

Smash Master
Justin I just happen to not like some people and my list only keeps growing and I don't mind I am pretty sure I have said my feelings enough by now that I don't give a flying **** what anyone says about me.

I am only off tomorrow (Friday) Staurday and Sunday then I work all week am off on Friday but then work Saturday and Sunday off Monday and Turesday but then work the rest of the week lol

I work at the Westin Hotel down town it is a beautiful 4 star hotel and I am starting to make bank.

BTW Justin if I want to spend my money on entertainment I will go see a movie with my girlfriend go to dinner go to a park plan something nice if I want to play smash I will just play all my friends go hard with out money because trying your hardest in every match is the only way to be come good in my opinion.
I am not asking you to stop insulting people so that they will like you more, I was just asking cause its spams up the threads I read ;) it's sweet that you think I care what other people think of you though lols.

You going to Dodu?

Your entertainment ideas sound perfectly fun and reasonable, personally though I tend to spend less money to play smash even when I have to travel than I would if I had a nice lunch. It isn't about money for me I just do it cause I have alot of fun smacking people in the face with oversized hammers wielded by the ****** pair.

As far as trying your hardest every match, I think that can stunt skill growth because you never experiment enough to know for sure how to react to new situations.

Yesterday I decided to try out new things, I wasn't sandbagging I wasnt playing badly, but I was just testing random stuff and learning timing to counter certain moves and stuff and I would say that it was probably one of my most successful smash days in a long time.

@ Minh: Your angry Marth is toooooooo tooooooo toooooo gooooood.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
I am not asking you to stop insulting people so that they will like you more, I was just asking cause its spams up the threads I read ;) it's sweet that you think I care what other people think of you though lols.

You going to Dodu?

Your entertainment ideas sound perfectly fun and reasonable, personally though I tend to spend less money to play smash even when I have to travel than I would if I had a nice lunch. It isn't about money for me I just do it cause I have alot of fun smacking people in the face with oversized hammers wielded by the ****** pair.

As far as trying your hardest every match, I think that can stunt skill growth because you never experiment enough to know for sure how to react to new situations.

Yesterday I decided to try out new things, I wasn't sandbagging I wasnt playing badly, but I was just testing random stuff and learning timing to counter certain moves and stuff and I would say that it was probably one of my most successful smash days in a long time.

@ Minh: Your angry Marth is toooooooo tooooooo toooooo gooooood.
Dude you have played Me and you should know even though something is risky or experimental I will still do it some people it my stunt the growth of but other crazy people ike me it just keeps going.

As for spamming your stupid thread I am sorry this is an old tournament it's over make a new one.

I still am talking about smash and for the soul fact others may start up with me and I happen to type alot to tell them what I think.

Justin why should I think that you care lol you don't but I have said it time and time again I don't care what anyone thinks your also a part of that list I don't care what you think.

As for you beating Gun he plays about as often as I do and lol he still stays really good and it seems like every time him and I play he gets a little bit better.

I haven't seen Jesse or James post in a long time they have probley given up on the smash world I don't care though Jesse was better than all of you and I everyone has had the debates about James and personally I don't like him but he kill still beat the lot of you it was a coin flip wiht him and I.

Seems like since all the best people have stopped playing alot a few ok people get some power and go crazy with it how sad......

Binx

Smash Master
/ignore riot

its fine man whatever, not saying I'm the best in oregon, or even better than you. And the ammount you play isnt as relavent as when you started serious play how often you think about smash and things like that, overall I am sure you have played more hours than most of the people if not all of the people you are better than.

As for it being a coinflip between james and you, that isnt relavant, all it means is you too are similarly good in samus dittos. In all other matchups he is far better than you are.

Jesse owns us all, so...?

Gun might not play all that often but most of the time he does play is in tournament settings so he gets really good practice.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
/ignore riot

its fine man whatever, not saying I'm the best in oregon, or even better than you. And the ammount you play isnt as relavent as when you started serious play how often you think about smash and things like that, overall I am sure you have played more hours than most of the people if not all of the people you are better than.

As for it being a coinflip between james and you, that isnt relavant, all it means is you too are similarly good in samus dittos. In all other matchups he is far better than you are.

Jesse owns us all, so...?

Gun might not play all that often but most of the time he does play is in tournament settings so he gets really good practice.
Believe me I have been to many tournaments and let me tell you if I had gone to your tournament I would have been in the finals with RAGE.

Anyway I am going to stop this arguing I don't care I shouldn't even care at all because I don't I hope you guys have fun doing your things when I find time for a tournament I will paly either win or get top 5 I promise you that.

Keep training your way I will train mine we will see how things pay off.

Binx

Smash Master
The next one is going to be saturday the 8th at my place, my house is slighty larger and is carpeted so we wont have to jam tons of chairs around, I have 2 rooms and 2 TVs here with tons of outlets and 1 cube/wii.

I will post a new thread for it tommorow sometime.

my phone number is 503-408-0664 if you have any questions.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Gayvid, you're getting to be as pathetic as Dr. Robotnik the way you try to put everyone down to make yourself feel better. I always tried to keep everyone from picking on you or just stayed out of it altogether, but I'm through with that. t1mmy will probably be the only person who will be ok with you now.
And, yes, my girlfriend is still alive--gg detective Sherlock finding out about her, I only told everyone here. She had to go through several chemotherapy sessions, but that was probably just a fraction of the amount of chemicals you went through at just one rave--she still has a full head of hair, but no holes in her brain, unlike what ecstasy does to you. She's multitalented and is getting 4 years of college paid for of a school of her choice, which is more than I can say for your ugly girlfriend who kept checking me out. Tell her not to wear a belt with sweatpants and do her makeup better so she doesn't look so white-trash.
I'm glad you're happy with your bell-hop job. Taking people's luggage up to their rooms doesn't sound as fun as any of the jobs I have.
I'm glad you won't be going to anymore tournaments. I doubt you'll be welcomed by very many people. I hope you stop "telling it how it is" and be a better person instead of bragging about the pubes you just grew. Then maybe we can have a good time playing. Until (if) that happens, I won't miss seeing you around.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
****. That's a capital d a m n. Tommy is goooood at ripping Riot to pieces
Also what the hell Riot? Why so mean?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Wow looks like Tommy's had it haven't ever seen you complain on the boards and actually think you were serious at the end of it. Ever.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Gayvid, you're getting to be as pathetic as Dr. Robotnik the way you try to put everyone down to make yourself feel better. I always tried to keep everyone from picking on you or just stayed out of it altogether, but I'm through with that. t1mmy will probably be the only person who will be ok with you now.
And, yes, my girlfriend is still alive--gg detective Sherlock finding out about her, I only told everyone here. She had to go through several chemotherapy sessions, but that was probably just a fraction of the amount of chemicals you went through at just one rave--she still has a full head of hair, but no holes in her brain, unlike what ecstasy does to you. She's multitalented and is getting 4 years of college paid for of a school of her choice, which is more than I can say for your ugly girlfriend who kept checking me out. Tell her not to wear a belt with sweatpants and do her makeup better so she doesn't look so white-trash.
I'm glad you're happy with your bell-hop job. Taking people's luggage up to their rooms doesn't sound as fun as any of the jobs I have.
I'm glad you won't be going to anymore tournaments. I doubt you'll be welcomed by very many people. I hope you stop "telling it how it is" and be a better person instead of bragging about the pubes you just grew. Then maybe we can have a good time playing. Until (if) that happens, I won't miss seeing you around.
Sorry dude but I am no "bell boy" I am in charge of front desk.

Plus I have many smasher who like me as far as I am concerned I could care less about some hippie ****ing V-Gan who happens to have a gross dieing g/f who will probley leave you soon in life.

Tommy you see there are many people who don't like you I hear about it every single day lol it's fun to get drunk and talk about stupid smashers

As for holes in my brain I have experienced things that have made me grow stronger as a person that you couldn't even begin to understand I may have taken a hit on my brain but it was worth it now I am clean and make fun of in experienced people all the time.

Oh BTW you still suck in smash why do you keep playing? Hope to get better? Doesn't seem to work to well.....

And Tommy I am more of a man than you will ever be next time I see you I am going to cause you pain better hope people are watching out for you I wouldn't want to worry your g/f so much that she would worry and die faster lol

But I don't think she would.

Your a joke and always have been. :laugh:

Riot6777

Smash Ace
****. That's a capital d a m n. Tommy is goooood at ripping Riot to pieces
Also what the hell Riot? Why so mean?
I am mean because I tell it how it is and how I see it.

Tommy was ripping me nothing lol he's still noob no matter what sure attack with the whole "drugs" thing all you kids will do is just never understand what I do and have never looked at life like I have and never been what I have been threw you are all just spoiled living off of mommy and daddys pay checks

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Weird, for a while now I had been under the impression that I was working and paying for my college, my food, my house, my life. It's a possibility that I've never looked at life like you have, and for that I'm thankful. I'm positive I've had more philosophical experience and insight than you could think about pretending to have. But what does that have to do with anything? I asked you why you were so mean, and you challenge me and the rest of us with this false sense of self-righteousness life card. Most unusual. What does it mean to you? What are you looking for? IRL smash?
You aren't mean because you "tell it how it is and how you see it," - which by the way are two completely different things - that is merely a product of your rude personality. So I ask you again: why are you so mean?
I'm also sure we can all agree that tommy's comebacks were so ****ing classy and well-worded/constructed that "ripped" doesn't even begin to describe.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
David, please stop belittling yourself with online arguments. You really went overboard just because t0mmy mentioned your typos in jest. I know you're not as angry or uncaring as you sound in your retorts right now, and insulting a young lady who is very sick and frightened is not something a gentleman would do.

I'd very much like you and t0mmy to let this come to an end. No one has to say the other side was right or wrong, just agree that it's all very pointless, unproductive, and can only bring about further negativity.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Riot, I am pretty sure that everyone on these boards have had something go wrong in their life and it isn't just all candy for any of us. The thing is none of us care about it or blame it. We just live on I like you Riot I think you are funny but all this negative stuff needs to stop. Because saying how someone is "stupid" or "their girlfriend is going to die". That's not how it is or how you see it. That is just a horrible thing to say. I think nothing less of you as a person. Because this is an online thing and you probably aren't like this in person, but come one be a little nicer.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
David, I've probably gotten to know you sooo much better than any other smasher in the little time I've known you, but I'd hate to pick sides, you're going kind of overboard on this... As far as jokes go that have to do with Tommy, there's no reason for that and after telling you about someone else who was joking about it, even you agreed with me that that's a F'd up thing to say, so I know you don't mean it...

Pretty much all I'm saying is, settle all your disputes on the T.V., and just chill with friends and smoke a little and everything will be all good...

Riot6777

Smash Ace
David, I've probably gotten to know you sooo much better than any other smasher in the little time I've known you, but I'd hate to pick sides, you're going kind of overboard on this... As far as jokes go that have to do with Tommy, there's no reason for that and after telling you about someone else who was joking about it, even you agreed with me that that's a F'd up thing to say, so I know you don't mean it...

Pretty much all I'm saying is, settle all your disputes on the T.V., and just chill with friends and smoke a little and everything will be all good...
For the soul fact that you do know me a little better than any other smasher does I agree with you. Yes it is F-Up what I said and have said, the fact of the matter is I have been a real A$$ Hole.

I am sorry Tommy but when I get mad I attack the heart know matter who you are.

Josh- your not even in this so stay out please, like I said you will just never understand so let's leave it at that.

Peach master- you make a good point and it's good of you and Timmy to try and keep the peace.

Jem- Shut up you don't even matter on Oregon dirt. You just belong in it. So, please stay out of what you don't understand.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
Yo David, you know how Tudios said that if I learned how to drill shine back and forth combo I'd be that much closer to being comparable to Silent Wolf, well, I've been working on it, I can do it against a non DI'ing comp pretty well, not quite consecutively, just give me more time xD

Edit: Whoops, shoulda been in OSM, whatev...

Oh yeah, i was at my friends house cus i haven't seen him in two months and he was having people over

T0MMY

Smash Master
Don't bother asking to end this because I'm not going to waste my time responding to petty insults and threats. I'm happy with my life/work/school and have been threatened by people much larger, so I'll let the posts reflect their authors and leave it at that.

-With that said.-
-lox this thread.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom