• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portland Smash Bi-Monthly Tournaments -- Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
[size=+2]Portland Smash Bi-Monthly Tournaments -- Confirmed[/size]

Portland is one of the larger Oregon regions and it surprises me that the majority of Oregon's tournament base is in Eugene and Corvallis. In hopes of increasing the over all skill level, fun, and activity that Oregon and more specifically portland has, I would like to organize regular tournaments. I have found a venue, Gamers Guild, located at 1220 NW Eastman Pkwy, Gresham, OR 97030 (223 Division)- 503.669.2640

We are confirmed for the 25th at 4pm on Saturday
Based on attendance and number of setups there maybe be only a singles tournaments, if it looks questionable then there will be singles before doubles and if we obviously have enough time and I have enough support there will be doubles before singles as normal.

1. Ammount you are willing to pay on a regular basis for entry fees
2. Would you be interested in some occasional larger tournaments (larger prizes, larger entry fees, more people) This will help bring in out of state smashers to improve faster.

So go ahead and start posting, I am looking forward to as much feed back as possible.

I will keep a list of interested smashers

- Binx, $5, yes ($10-20$ about every 2 months), Weekday evenings, or Saturday sunday, Hell yeah I want some Portland smash tournies.
- Jayce, $, yes, doesnt matter, Portland smash FTW
- Aftermath, $5, 10-15$, sat afternoon, some BS
- BC Chris, $5, $20
- Capncone, 5$ or maybe 10$, a big tourney every few months would be good
- Kevvviiinnn, $5 max, definitely, weekends(sat/sun)
- Kami, 5-10 standard, and up to 15 for a bigger tournament
- VenusGospel, $10
- Bart, $10 minimum/big tourneys
- Cmin, $, $
- Eggz, $10 minimum, 15-20 for large tournies
- Juce, $, $
- Yomi, $10, more for larger tournies
- Bonzai, $5, $20
- Kaze, $5, $20
- Rage, $, $
- Kenpachi, $5, $10+
- SkiMaskSkeet, $5-10, $15-20
? Foos, $, $

We are CONFIRMED for the 25th of August

Sign up will start at 3:00pm and will END at 4:00pm The expected start time will be 4:10.

During the tournament NO friendlies will be allowed, there should be time for them afterwards.

At 4:10 Singles will start, if we finish with enough time then there will be a doubles tournament.

Rules for singles:

Matches will be -
-4 Stock
-8 Minute stock time limit
-Sets will be best of 3
-Double elimination

The first match will be played on one of 6 stages

-Final Destination
-Pokemon Stadium
-Dream land 64
-Battlefield
-Fountain of Dreams
-Yoshi Story

This level will be chosen at random unless the players agree on a level.

For the second and third match of the set

-Loser of the previous round picks stage
-winner of the previous round chooses character
-loser of the previous round chooses character

During the second and third rounds there are addition stages available for counterpick

-Pokefloats
-Rainbow Cruize
-Brinstar
-Jungle Japes
-Kongo Jungle
-Green Greens

Rules for teams TBA at event if indeed we get to have them. (I'm rooting for teams I prefer them over singles.

Confirmed People

Binx
Jank
Cmin
Riot
Peach Masta

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Too funny. About a year or more ago, Joshisrad, Jesse, and I discovered that place and like that day set something up inside and try to get money matches. I think OC George even came for some reason and we did a small free tournament. Anyway, yeah, that venue is sort of like Empire Games, but a bit bigger iirc and way busier.

So... I guess that sounds like a pretty good venue, even though it's really far away, like 45 minutes or something ridiculous from where I live, and even farther from Beaverton people.

I have a brainfreeze so I'm typing like odd and stuff, so I'll answer the things.

$5 or $10
$10 or $15
Sat afternooon (weekdays are bad)
I'll probably end up running it most times

Binx

Smash Master
I'll let you teach me how to run it James, but I am gonna run it, I will deffinately let you help cause your more experienced but I want to learn to do it.

Edit: As for time I am thinking Saturday at 4pm, they run Yugioh tourneys before that so we cant do it earlier, but 4 pm to like 8-9 twice a month sounds reasonable.

Edit2: I am pretty sure we are all but set on saturday at 4pm on the second and fourth saturdays of the month, if I can get enough people to agree to show I might be able to have this next saturday be the first one, so the 11th, otherwise we are shooting for the 25th as the first one. So based on the number of signees on monday/tuesday I will figure it out, so lemme know if you can/will show up

capncone

Smash Apprentice
Capncone, 5$ or maybe 10$, a big tourney every few months would be good, Sunday and monday after 4:30, This sounds great.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Kevvviiinnn, $5 max (i'm only 15 >_>), definitely, weekends(sat/sun), yayuhzz

wonderful. i have been DYING to go to a tournament and you have just poured hope back into me. havent attended a tourney since TANG 23 and i REALLY want to start again. you are my buddha T-T

Binx

Smash Master
The Game II host of http://www.getyourtournament.com has just PMed me asking permission to show him our tourney results and some other things in hopes that some of the nor cal players might drive up for some of our larger tournies, if this happens the price will probably be $20-$30 depending on whos coming up here. How does that sound everyone! Im excited.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I'd be down for attending the bigger ones, but usually only those ones. Five is too little payout for traveling as far as I have to (although it won't be that far come this fall). 10 dollars is always a good amount for me.

Binx

Smash Master
awesome if we get a few more people we might be able to have our first one on the 11th! If any of your friends or someone you know is interested please post it up so I can add them, I would like to have the numbers ready a little bit in advance so I can have a better chance of starting it with less notice.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Man I really wanna come but I was planning on being done with smash tourneys for a few months.

Binx

Smash Master
K I am going to give the shop a call tommorow and see if we can clear it for the 11th if not then it will be the 25th, I am thinking that on the 8th or 22nd of September will be the first large tourney.

cmin

Smash Ace
the 11th happens to be my birthday. everyone must donate 5 dollars to cmin at entrance... for being alive

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to reply for my friend Bonzai, since he has lack of internet, so in the style of aftermath,

<----Bonzai

He will come to tournies with me often, and same with Kaze. They would each pay 5-10 standard and 15 or even 20 for larger, so basically the same pay venue as me.

Binx

Smash Master
Within the last three days I guess they have decided to move the store to 220th and Division, they are in the process of doing this at the time of this post, we will probably still be able to have the tournament on the 11th I am going to call tommorow to work out specifics and I will have to go check the place out and make sure its still a pretty good environment for us. The 25th is all but confirmed at the moment, I will keep everyone updated.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
yayuhzz, confirmed tourney at the end of the month! i'll be sure to go, so everyone who knows me and everyone who doesnt should all go as well.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Too funny. About a year or more ago, Joshisrad, Jesse, and I discovered that place and like that day set something up inside and try to get money matches. I think OC George even came for some reason and we did a small free tournament. Anyway, yeah, that venue is sort of like Empire Games, but a bit bigger iirc and way busier.

So... I guess that sounds like a pretty good venue, even though it's really far away, like 45 minutes or something ridiculous from where I live, and even farther from Beaverton people.

I have a brainfreeze so I'm typing like odd and stuff, so I'll answer the things.

$5 or $10
$10 or $15
Sat afternooon (weekdays are bad)
I'll probably end up running it most times
Yeah B1NX James just tries to have other people fine a location and then he tries to take over all the tournaments he thinks his way must be best or something...... >.> :psycho:

We need a day we can all smash that is sometime this month or something I am thinking that maybe we can meet at olis or something he is the only smash I really enjoy hanging out with.

Binx

Smash Master
LOL @ ur sig riot, samus johns haha. Yeah I might be up for some smash before the tourney I am kind of taking a break though, I am gonna be working the rest of this week and hopefully steady soon.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
LOL @ ur sig riot, samus johns haha. Yeah I might be up for some smash before the tourney I am kind of taking a break though, I am gonna be working the rest of this week and hopefully steady soon.
Yeah that would be cool I might be starting up work here soon my self.

Umm.... but yeah the only people I like playing smash with are you, Cmin, Gun, Keith, and Oli that's about it. My crew Ryan, Mike, Dylan, Chris and I guess RAGE has started to play with my crew and I didn't know it until we all hung out one day lol

Also if your tournament is at that easy location and I am not working count me in ^.^

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Yeah B1NX James just tries to have other people fine a location and then he tries to take over all the tournaments he thinks his way must be best or something...
Wrong. I've only done that with yours, and only because people such as the STORE OWNER and the ATTENDEES suggested that I try to take it over so it isn't run really terribly with questionable money pay-outs and totals, you allotting too much to be taken out of the entrance fees, and so that the person hosting actually remembers to show up.

The reason I made that remark to Binx is because I assumed he didn't have much bracket making experience, so I'd most likely be doing that part for the first couple to make them go smoother.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
make a new thread for this month's tourney with all the info inside it. it would probably attract more people and cause less confusion (people will be more inclined to go if it looks more organized)

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Wrong. I've only done that with yours, and only because people such as the STORE OWNER and the ATTENDEES suggested that I try to take it over so it isn't run really terribly with questionable money pay-outs and totals, you allotting too much to be taken out of the entrance fees, and so that the person hosting actually remembers to show up.

The reason I made that remark to Binx is because I assumed he didn't have much bracket making experience, so I'd most likely be doing that part for the first couple to make them go smoother.
James don't make me slap you like a dirty hooker like I am going to do with Bart next time I see you I am trying to be civil but when people start saying stupid things to me they get hurt like you James I mean I have no problem punching a balding guy with glasses in the face it will make for a funny story

Riot6777

Smash Ace
I don't even know why you should be angry at me, if you really are.
I just warning you don't be an idiot and cross me the wrong way because it will be bad if you do the smash scene will be messed up because we will all be hating on each other and I will go even more if people don't like me for the soul fact either I get to fight a bunch of stupid gamers or the fact that what your doing is illegal gambling with out a license theres a fine no smash entry fee can pay.

On a side note nothing agenst you Justin I just don't like some smasher your cool Cmin is cool Venus Gosspal is fricken awesome Gun Keith and the rest of my crew are cool

Well Jesse is to but not james he's lame but I am sure he is aware of this already.

And I am still going to Punch Bart when I see him! :laugh:

Binx

Smash Master
Anyways guys I would appreciate it if we can stay on topic over here I am sure this is enough for both of you.

As for making a new thread... I dont think I want to do that, I will remove the need help in the title and add say confirmed instead this will attract more people, I think its plenty ready now so... yeah.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
hmmm, i might be able to come to this, ill have to figure out how im getting there and all that. But portland is probably a 2 - 2.5 hr drive from up here in WA im guessing....it would be cool to see some new faces.

Binx

Smash Master
Okay so it's happening on the 11th of August? That's a definite thing now?
LOL no its happening on the 25th of august and its a definate thing, its also a definate thing that it is NOT happening on the 11th.

Yeah we would love some WA players over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom