• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Zeox

Smash Champion
Oh hey, I missed the conversation... anyways, posting it again as a reminder of to why Porky's absence feels so weird:

He went from being 2 bosses with statues, stickers and even an item in Smash Tour to not even have a single spirit.
Edit: while looking at old stuff I also found this old poll /V/ made 2 years ago about their most wanted characters:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
this isn't going to be so pog
You're going to want to edit that image; the problem with posting images from 4chan is that they seem to have no problem with throwing out homophobic slurs. (Tweets and Discord posts can also run into the issue of censor dodging, but they don't usually go that far)

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
I made an album for Porky's DLC

1.Pokey Means Business(Remix)

2.Kraken of the Sea(PLS NINTENDO)

3.Piggy Guys

4.Natural Killer Cyborg

5.Battle Against a machine

6.Sanctuary Guardians

7.Master Porky's Theme(Remix)

8.Retro Age Hippie

9.Giygas Theme(All 3 Phases)

10.Porky's Pokies(Remix)

11.His Highness Ver. 2

Victory Theme:
LOG-O-TYPE

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I made an album for Porky's DLC

1.Pokey Means Business(Remix)

2.Kraken of the Sea(PLS NINTENDO)

3.Piggy Guys

4.Natural Killer Cyborg

5.Battle Against a machine

6.Sanctuary Guardians

7.Master Porky's Theme(Remix)

8.Retro Age Hippie

9.Giygas Theme(All 3 Phases)

10.Porky's Pokies(Remix)

11.His Highness Ver. 2

Victory Theme:
LOG-O-TYPE
They would probably only add songs from Mother 3. I think there are issues with Sony concerning Mother 1 and 2's music, I might be wrong though.

Also the first theme would probably be named "Cease to exist". Except for that these are the themes that would definitely come with Porky (NKC is a must-have)

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
They would probably only add songs from Mother 3. I think there are issues with Sony concerning Mother 1 and 2's music, I might be wrong though.

Also the first theme would probably be named "Cease to exist". Except for that these are the themes that would definitely come with Porky (NKC is a must-have)
If they manage to get Square Enix to do more FF7 spirits, then they can get the music from Sony.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
He still has many rivals in the same spot as him such as Lloyd Irving(his mii costume absence makes me worry)
Considering that the Mii costumes for Heihachi, Monster Hunter, and Geno were all noticeably absent until the second Fighters Pass, I feel pretty confident that Lloyd's Mii costume is going to return. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd find it weird if the developers decided to pass over the best-selling traditional fighting game franchise, a series that is a massive success for Capcom, and a character who's been requested for close to (if not over) two decades at this point in favour of Lloyd Irving when it comes to Mii costume promotions. (I've only played enough of Tales of Symphonia to unlock all of the party members, since I reached a point where I couldn't figure out what to do next, but by my understanding, Lloyd isn't the most popular protagonist in his series)

I figure that every single third party Mii costume from Smash 4 has been brought back as Mii costumes, so I don't see why Lloyd would be the only exception.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman

Porky's there. He's just "offscreen"

Oh yeah if there was a tournament for Porky's DLC, I think his tourney would include all the children of Smash Bros("Children on the Battlefield")

1.Ness
2.Lucas
3.Porky
3.Toon Link
4.Young Link
5.Joker(16)
6.Roy(15)
7.Mega Man
8.Pokemon Trainer
9.Inkling
10.Lucina
11.Zelda
12.Bowser Jr
13.Villager
14.Ice Climbers
15.Pichu
16.Miis

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Porky's there. He's just "offscreen"

Oh yeah if there was a tournament for Porky's DLC, I think his tourney would include all the children of Smash Bros("Children on the Battlefield")

1.Ness
2.Lucas
3.Toon Link
4.Young Link
5.Joker(16)
6.Roy(15)
7.Mega Man
8.Pokemon Trainer
9.Inkling
10.Lucina
11.Zelda
Villager, Ice Climbers, and Bowser Jr. too, along with Porky himself. Arguably could include the Miis and Pichu even. Also feel like “Children OF the Battlefield” might be a better name.

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
View attachment 314512
this isn't going to be so pog
I'd spoil that if I were you!

also, IF Porky doesn't get in as DLC, don't ever stop your tracks. Move forward.
Just like how the Ridley Revolution and the Kremling Kampaign, two causes I was part of, did, we moderately keep voicing out demand for out most wanted.
Kinda like how people were assuming Ridley was out of the running in the ballot when it turns out they were really accounting Ridley votes and K.Rool's lack of recent appearances being a death sentence when Nintendo renewed his trademarking prior the end of the ballot.

Simply, just keep the interest alive. So be a impressive mod by dedicated Mother 2 fans or maybe something like what the Old Spice Collab did years ago with Terry Crew snipping the best part of that collab for his Mother 3 localization support.
That's all there is to it.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'd spoil that if I were you!

also, IF Porky doesn't get in as DLC, don't ever stop your tracks. Move forward.
Just like how the Ridley Revolution and the Kremling Kampaign, two causes I was part of, did, we moderately keep voicing out demand for out most wanted.
Kinda like how people were assuming Ridley was out of the running in the ballot when it turns out they were really accounting Ridley votes and K.Rool's lack of recent appearances being a death sentence when Nintendo renewed his trademarking prior the end of the ballot.

Simply, just keep the interest alive. So be a impressive mod by dedicated Mother 2 fans or maybe something like what the Old Spice Collab did years ago with Terry Crew snipping the best part of that collab for his Mother 3 localization support.
That's all there is to it.
While I will still hope for Porky getting in, I doubt that he would be included in another game if it is not Ultimate.
After all it took Ridley, Banjo and K. Rool the ballot to finally being added. And other fan favorites still didn't get a spot (Waluigi, Geno, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee...).
When they eventually restart the game, there will be cuts, and as many characters Porky will have to face. Not taking into account that there'll also be new Mario, Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters. Meanwhile Mother will still be finished.

I am a Porky supporter, but let's be honest with ourselves: if we still consider the fact that we have a chance at this point, it is due to the absence of Porky and the related characters as spirits. And also because of him being a boss in Brawl, while all the other bosses and assist trophies throughout the game's life have been represented. If he had a spirit, support for Porky would definitely still exist, maybe even the same amount as today, but few would humor him actually having a chance.

That might sound dramatic, as I remember in Ridley threads that we always said "it was his last chance to be added during (Brawl/Smash For Wii U/ Smash For Wii U DLC)", but this time, I really believe that's the final stand for the character.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
While I will still hope for Porky getting in, I doubt that he would be included in another game if it is not Ultimate.
After all it took Ridley, Banjo and K. Rool the ballot to finally being added. And other fan favorites still didn't get a spot (Waluigi, Geno, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee...).
When they eventually restart the game, there will be cuts, and as many characters Porky will have to face. Not taking into account that there'll also be new Mario, Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters. Meanwhile Mother will still be finished.

I am a Porky supporter, but let's be honest with ourselves: if we still consider the fact that we have a chance at this point, it is due to the absence of Porky and the related characters as spirits. And also because of him being a boss in Brawl, while all the other bosses and assist trophies throughout the game's life have been represented. If he had a spirit, support for Porky would definitely still exist, maybe even the same amount as today, but few would humor him actually having a chance.

That might sound dramatic, as I remember in Ridley threads that we always said "it was his last chance to be added during (Brawl/Smash For Wii U/ Smash For Wii U DLC)", but this time, I really believe that's the final stand for the character.
Yea the lack of a spirit and other related spirits are the only thing we could bet our hopes on, but even then people are skeptical on that saying that the ASC is him and that the smash team just "forgot." Originally, Porky was going to die at the end(maybe then things wouldn't have to be so complicated for him). Here's to hoping Sephiroth and Porky fan arts happening.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
He still has many rivals in the same spot as him such as Lloyd Irving(his mii costume absence makes me worry)
Honestly, I think Lloyd isn't a rival to Porky as they're both owned by different companies. Plus since Lloyd is absence too I think him getting in would increase our Pig King's chances as it would somewhat show that his absence in Ultimate might not have been a mistake on the developers part but them keeping his reveal on hold.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Yea the lack of a spirit and other related spirits are the only thing we could bet our hopes on, but even then people are skeptical on that saying that the ASC is him and that the smash team just "forgot." Originally, Porky was going to die at the end(maybe then things wouldn't have to be so complicated for him). Here's to hoping Sephiroth and Porky fan arts happening.
I don't want to start a capsule argument again, and if Porky isn't added as a fighter I'll have to bow to it being the case, but if they really decided to use an object to make a joke, Porky would have been the only one. And that's an obscure joke since Mother 3 wasn't released worldwide. Contrary to Brawl where he was a boss and people probably recognize him more from this game/series than from Mother (same case as the Mother character, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers and Pit).

I will just add: if Porky died at the end of the game, the argument would have been "Well Porky is dead so he couldn't be a spirit". You can always make up an excuse lol

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
It's going to be weird if Porky and the Pig King statue doesn't at least get a Spirit near the end since Porky was a boss in Subspace Emissary and all the other Subspace bosses have Spirits in Ultimate except Porky.
Yes but we have to be ready for that possibility. After all we are still missing a Koopa Paratroopa spirit despite them appearing in 3D in Melee, Brawl, and Smash For (even appearing as common ennemies). Granted, Mario already has a Koopa spirit, as well as tons of common enemies shown, hell even a mob as a character, that still counts.
Though Porky is a major antagonist in two games (and the only link between Mother 2 and 3) as well as a boss that appeared in Brawl cutscenes.
Let's cross our fingers.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
A mini-Rayquaza as playable would be cool.
Also worth to point out (again) but Porky is the only Nintendo boss that doesn't have a model at all.
Rayquaza is a stage hazard, Petey Piranha is in Piranha Plant's final smash (apparently it's the same model as in Brawl, due to how the petals are organized, thing that's completely different in all Mario games), and Ridley is playable. Even Porky's statue appears on New Pork City. And of course no spirit for him when all other bosses have one.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
A mini-Rayquaza as playable would be cool.
Also worth to point out (again) but Porky is the only Nintendo boss that doesn't have a model at all.
Rayquaza is a stage hazard, Petey Piranha is in Piranha Plant's final smash (apparently it's the same model as in Brawl, due to how the petals are organized, thing that's completely different in all Mario games), and Ridley is playable. Even Porky's statue appears on New Pork City. And of course no spirit for him when all other bosses have one.
i mean duon, tabuu doesn´t have a model in smash bros ultimate too. do you mean spirit?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
You argue that, but I had that same defeatist expectation when I assume Ultimate was going to start off with a literal advertisement for an upcoming Switch title and Fire Emblem Echoes.
and so as long the possibility of Mother getting "Trends of the Time'd" lingers, speculation never gonna stop even after Ultimate.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
i mean duon, tabuu doesn´t have a model in smash bros ultimate too. do you mean spirit?
When I said "Nintendo characters" I was excluding the Smash OCs, but forgot that they are Nintendo characters.

I'm not so sure about that as Rayquaza looks bizarre and weird in this Brawl mod:

I know this is just a skin over Charizard, but it doesn't look right. I'm not so sure if Rayquaza would be cut for a fighter.
Probably not, but that would have been neat.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
You argue that, but I had that same defeatist expectation when I assume Ultimate was going to start off with a literal advertisement for an upcoming Switch title and Fire Emblem Echoes.
and so as long the possibility of Mother getting "Trends of the Time'd" lingers, speculation never gonna stop even after Ultimate.
True, although I feel like Porky’s chances for future games will be much smaller due to him having A LOT more competition next time such as returning veterans, spirit/assists/poke balls who are back in the running and even new future IPs. And if Nintendo continues to do nothing with the Mother IP then he might fade further into obscurity.
While his chances aren’t flat out zero, I would say if he doesn’t get in ultimate then things ain’t looking good for him

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
True, although I feel like Porky’s chances for future games will be much smaller due to him having A LOT more competition next time such as returning veterans, spirit/assists/poke balls who are back in the running and even new future IPs. And if Nintendo continues to do nothing with the Mother IP then he might fade further into obscurity.
While his chances aren’t flat out zero, I would say if he doesn’t get in ultimate then things ain’t looking good for him
I still wouldn't worry about it anyways.
Speaking of veterans, I highly expect the next Smash game to go full SFV on playable DLC content. (but i'm not expecting costumes or anything, since's that a giant hurdle for Smash opposed to wholly own Capcom content)

I'm not so sure about that as Rayquaza looks bizarre and weird in this Brawl mod:

I know this is just a skin over Charizard, but it doesn't look right. I'm not so sure if Rayquaza would be cut for a fighter.
That's a very low effort Charizard PSA, kind of like the old Ridley skin for Charizard and KingJigglypuff's ancient Ridley mod before him and Bagan collaborated.
If I had to bring in the same design philosophy used on Ridley, I would not make it float and have to assure it's serpentine posture is curled and nearly closed, so it's hurtboxes isn't all over the place.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 315183

The more time goes on, the more I'm convinced they would actually use his Mother 3 appearance.
I really hope to god that his default will be the EB Porky in the M3 Mech. I prefer his old man version to be an alt. It would represent a series where its heroes and villain are kids which is what MOTHER is based on where kids are much much stronger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom