• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Also, im pretty sure he would have a voice or at least sound affects when he attacks. What do you guys think he would sound like?
He’d sound like the obnoxious neighbor that everyone has because that’s the best choice for an evil, annoying kid.

Wait a minute...

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Also, im pretty sure he would have a voice or at least sound affects when he attacks. What do you guys think he would sound like?
Duh bro have Trey Parker from South Park he voices Cartman

A little bit of trivia: turns out while South Park was premiering to debut back in 97 Matt Stone and Trey Parker (the creators duh) played earthbound to which they stated in a magazine interview (I’ll try to find it again), and if you think about Porky influenced one of animations most popular creations in Cartman as Cartmans malicious actions were more apparent later on.

It’s only fitting he voices him

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
So then I guess I’m the only one here who would actually prefer him out of his mech?

Well I mean, as long as we get him, I suppose it’s all well and good. I’d rather have him than not. I just think scaling down the mech and having him in it would look a bit odd, and might be harder to make a believable moveset with. But I mean, Ridley happened so nothing’s impossible. Just for concept, I’ll throw this in here again. Something which would likely be close to what he could do if he were playable outside his mech.

https://m.imgur.com/a/yRRMP6t

I cooked up a size comparison previously that I think still stands. There's a lot of wiggle room in precisely how his hitbox would work, also. Disjointed mech legs or being the widest fighter but not necessarily the tallest, for example: View attachment 189041

I have to agree that Porky fighting outside his mech would be against his character and necessitate a lot of move ideas essentially pulled from nowhere. Not unheard of for Smash, but also one of my least favorite aspects of the series. DLC characters in particular tend to draw more on specific things done by characters in their original games. May as well shill my moveset again while I'm at it. Been meaning to do some sketches of the moves but haven’t made the time:

Flavor text/Palutena Guidance: Have you ever had to deal with a real bully? Well, “Master” Porky Minch is what happens when you take one of those mean, sad kids and give them ultimate power. He’s caused all sorts of trouble for Ness and Lucas in his travels through space and time, and now brings his shenanigans to Smash. Porky fights in his alien mech, making him a heavy fighter. But he’s no dumb brawler – he loves to use a variety of long range moves to keep opponents at bay. Aghh! Just listen to that snot-nosed laughter! Keep a calm head and try not to get too annoyed by his tricks!

Concept: Porky is a coward with a taste for wanton suffering. Taking this into account, he’s designed as an opportunistic “run and gun” type character with a bevy of long and med-range attacks that prep the enemy for powerful kill confirms. He struggles up close and generally relies on careful spacing, but can make use of his unique Down-B attack to overcome this.

Misc/Gimmicks
Porky has an ambient superarmor attribute akin to Bowser's "Tough Guy" (and "Triforce of Power" in my Ganon moveset!), called “Heavily Armored”. This prevents flinching from moves that deal less than 22 units of knockback. This is designed to work hand-in-hand with Porky’s Down-B to allow for safer approaches with this large character.

Appearance/Movement
Porky’s mech is a fusion of the Mother 2 and 3 designs. The bulk of the pod comes from the former, but the legs are akin to the latter. Said legs are able to retract and bend slightly as necessary for reasonable hit/hurt boxes and animations (e.g. pulling up from ledge) – think of the mech from The Incredibles. Porky himself carries a sadistic smile, though he will often feign his gormless :o face when pushing buttons to perform moves. Otherwise, he has generally annoying idles and post-hit animations like sticking out his tongue, covering his ears, coughing, etc. Porky laughs when KO’d.

Porky's movement (not frame data per se) is slow, with poor aerial momentum. He has a couple of moves that allow for unique "strafing", however.

Neutral
  • Jab: 1-2 combo. One mech leg is thrust out, then another slams down in front, launching horizontally.
  • Rapid Jab: One leg thrusts out, then another delivers a rapid series of blurred strikes as Porky hammers furiously on his buttons, ending with a leg slam.
  • Dash attack: Porky's mech leaps like a jumping spider, tucking its legs in in the air. Similar to K Rool’s DA, this travels far, and goes high enough to jump over some attacks and fighters. There is one hitbox on Porky in the air and one on landing, which buries. Brief superarmor frames as Porky "kneels" for the jump. This move is powerful, but must be spaced carefully owing to start and end lag.

Tilts
  • F-tilt: Porky opens a wispy red portal in front of his mech, from which the stone arm of the King Statue appears to deliver a strong punch. This move has horizontal knockback, capable of KOing at the ledge at around 90%
  • D-tilt: Sweeps with a mech leg. Has a tripping chance.
  • U-tilt: Porky jams his mech's feet into the ground and thrusts the central pod upward. This is a decent juggling/followup move.

Aerials
  • N-air: Mech legs are retracted into the central pod as Porky envelops himself with a PSI shield that deals electric damage. The hitbox generally mimics a brief PSI magnet, though it launches further at the center.
  • U-air: Porky extends two mech legs upward which detach at the joints and spin around like helicopter blades. Launches vertically. Can kill from around top platform height.
  • F-air: Porky opens a red portal infront of him which deals dark damage. Lingering/walling-type hitbox.
  • B-air: The central section of Porky's mech turrets around like a tank, then shoots a short range blast from its eye, dealing fire damage This is a very high knockback move capable of reliably killing while offstage/at the ledge. Its momentum will send Porky forward, however, negating spam while allowing it to act as a pseudo-recovery.
  • D-air: Porky thrusts two mech legs downward to meet at a deadly, electrified point. This is capable of spiking, but only with proper spacing at the small sweetspot.

Smash Attacks
  • F-smash “Porky Tears Into You!” As in Brawl, Porky rears back a mech claw, then brings it forward to deliver a lightning-fast flurry of attacks. High damage moderate knockback. Can be angled.
  • D-smash: Two mecha Porkys teleport in on either side of Porky and cry, facing the screen while he covers his ears. On release, they explode one after the other.
  • U-smash: A red portal opens above Porky and the mouth of the Ultimate Chimera rears outward, striking in a manner similarly to Corrin's neutral special. The move has a couple of hitboxes – the latter "chomp" being one of the more damaging smash attacks in the game.

Specials
B – What Did Porky Do?:

A strange, chargeable blast flurry with moderate range. More blasts are added as the move is charged – up to 4 – with each dealing a separate damage type. Blast 1 deals electric damage, 2 deals fire, 3 deals slashing, and 4 deals darkness. In addition, the final blast of any given volley has a chance to cause additional effects (yay, RNG!) Moderate chance (possible for all levels of charge): trip, flower, reverse. Rare chance (third and fourth level of charge only): paralyze, forced taunt. Super rare (fourth level only): brief time slow, freeze.

Porky can hold charge, though not indefinitely. The charging effect is ring-shaped and centered on the eye of Porky's mech, changing color with each stage of charge. It looks similar to a small, inverted version of Giygas’s “ungraspable” attack, while the blasts themselves look as they do in Mother 3. Porky places his fingers to his temples while charging, in a mockery (or is it a display?) of PSI.

>-B – Mecha Porky:
A Mecha Porky teleports in front of Porky and proceeds to run forward while laughing. The mecha will trip and explode after a set time is passed, after hitting a fighter, or after being attacked. Mechas have a 15% damage threshold after which they will immediately explode. Porky can attack the mecha himself, and can be damaged by the explosion. There is a small chance of a mecha being spawned that runs faster while crying. This mecha has a small damage/knockback increase.

Mechas will turn around if they come into contact with a wall, but will run off the stage edge. When performed in the air, the bot will come out at a small arc, and will immediately trip on landing.. (pending balance - number of mechas on screen, cooldown, aerial hitbox, etc.)

v-B – Stinky Gas:
Porky's mech opens its "mouth" and vomits a spray forward. The amount of gas charges passively over 30 seconds or so, but can be used at any time. Longer charge results in more gas. The gas itself deals no knockback and only moderate damage, but causes a lingering poison hitbox similar to Piranha Plant's side-B. Struck fighters will appear green, and have reduced damage and knockback ability for a short time dependent on time struck by the gas.

With a sufficient amount of gas, Porky can briefly strafe backward or forward while spraying when grounded, extending a wall of shorter lasting gas hitboxes, or can stay in place for a stack of hitboxes that last longer. This move does increased shield damage.

^-B – Electrostatic Hover:
Functions similarly to his Smash Crusade attack, which is itself a nod to Brawl. Two of Porky’s mech arms point downward in a ‘V’, holding a ball of red energy. This allows Porky to hover in a manner similar to ROB, albeit slower, with far less vertical distance, but good control over his horizontal “strafing” momentum. Pressing B a second time will unleash a high damage/knockback lightning bolt directly underneath Porky, shooting him upward briefly before sending him into freefall.

Grab/Throws
  • Grab: Reaches out with a mech arm. Long range.
  • Pummel: Porky brings the fighter in and deactivates his shielding to slap them.
  • F-throw: Porky thrusts the fighter forward while sneering.
  • U-throw: Holds the fighter up and spins his mech arms like helicopter blades. High damage with moderate knockback.
  • D-throw: “Porky sucked something up!” Porky slams the fighter down and zaps them, healing himself for 2-5% before they’re blasted away with minimal knockback.
  • B-throw: Porky opens a red portal that sucks the fighter in. They quickly reappear behind him and are launched, suffering dark damage.

Final Smash (Couple of ideas)
Final Needle:
Porky points upward, causing the Masked Man to teleport in and pull the Final Needle from the ground. Porky waves to the camera while the Absolutely Safe Capsule materializes around him. A huge black shadow is seen rising in the background, cutting the whole screen to black before a flurry of fire falls across the stage. Essentially a mix of End of Day and PK Starstorm.

Devil’s Machine: The Devil’s machine rises from the ground and Porky smashes the central bubble, causing a spiral akin to the Earthbound battle confrontation effect to appear. Anyone caught in the spiral suffers the dizzy shield break effect before being teleported to a dark cutscene. Porky teleports away as Giygas lurches over the background, dealing huge knockback.

Misc/Appearance
  • Colors: @zeox’s are great! https://smashboards.com/threads/por...ity.453850/page-2#lg=attachment154383&slide=0 I also like the idea of a more clear happy happiest cult blue alt. These would also alternate his mech between the Mother 2 and 3 colors, with appropriate hues.
  • Entrance: Porky enters from a red portal slightly above the ground, dropping with a screen shake, and sneers.
  • U-Taunt: Porky faces the screen, bows his head and mimics Ness’s “okay” in a mocking tone.
  • S-Taunt: Porky deactivates his shield, leans out of his mech, and fails to use a yo-yo.
  • D-Taunt: Spankety spankety
  • Victory 1: Porky points toward the screen, laughing and coughing in a maniacal loop.
  • Victory 2: Porky struts forward through a flank of Porky Bots, which clap for him.
  • Victory 3: Closeup of Porky's mech slamming a foot down on a discarded yo-yo, smashing it to pieces. Noticing this, Porky begins to cry like a lost child...or is he laughing? It's hard to tell.
  • Loss: Porky spanks himself instead of clapping.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Rated M for mature
Inspired me to look at the actual ESRB for Ultimate:

Rating Summary
This is a fighting game in which players engage in brawls with characters from Nintendo and third-party franchises. Players punch, kick, and perform super attacks (e.g., giant laser blasts, rocket barrages) against cartoony opponents to knock them off platforms; a handful of characters also swords, blasters, mallets, and firearms while fighting. Battles can be frenetic at times, with screen-shaking effects and large explosions. During the course of the game, players can unlock 2D character art that depicts female characters in revealing outfits (e.g., short skirts, deep cleavage, low-cut tops). One character emits flatulence gas clouds to attack opponents.

I love that they call out Wario's waft but not Ridley's skewer.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I cooked up a size comparison previously that I think still stands. There's a lot of wiggle room in precisely how his hitbox would work, also. Disjointed mech legs or being the widest fighter but not necessarily the tallest, for example: View attachment 189041

I have to agree that Porky fighting outside his mech would be against his character and necessitate a lot of move ideas essentially pulled from nowhere. Not unheard of for Smash, but also one of my least favorite aspects of the series. DLC characters in particular tend to draw more on specific things done by characters in their original games. May as well shill my moveset again while I'm at it. Been meaning to do some sketches of the moves but haven’t made the time:

Flavor text/Palutena Guidance: Have you ever had to deal with a real bully? Well, “Master” Porky Minch is what happens when you take one of those mean, sad kids and give them ultimate power. He’s caused all sorts of trouble for Ness and Lucas in his travels through space and time, and now brings his shenanigans to Smash. Porky fights in his alien mech, making him a heavy fighter. But he’s no dumb brawler – he loves to use a variety of long range moves to keep opponents at bay. Aghh! Just listen to that snot-nosed laughter! Keep a calm head and try not to get too annoyed by his tricks!

Concept: Porky is a coward with a taste for wanton suffering. Taking this into account, he’s designed as an opportunistic “run and gun” type character with a bevy of long and med-range attacks that prep the enemy for powerful kill confirms. He struggles up close and generally relies on careful spacing, but can make use of his unique Down-B attack to overcome this.

Misc/Gimmicks
Porky has an ambient superarmor attribute akin to Bowser's "Tough Guy" (and "Triforce of Power" in my Ganon moveset!), called “Heavily Armored”. This prevents flinching from moves that deal less than 22 units of knockback. This is designed to work hand-in-hand with Porky’s Down-B to allow for safer approaches with this large character.

Appearance/Movement
Porky’s mech is a fusion of the Mother 2 and 3 designs. The bulk of the pod comes from the former, but the legs are akin to the latter. Said legs are able to retract and bend slightly as necessary for reasonable hit/hurt boxes and animations (e.g. pulling up from ledge) – think of the mech from The Incredibles. Porky himself carries a sadistic smile, though he will often feign his gormless :o face when pushing buttons to perform moves. Otherwise, he has generally annoying idles and post-hit animations like sticking out his tongue, covering his ears, coughing, etc. Porky laughs when KO’d.

Porky's movement (not frame data per se) is slow, with poor aerial momentum. He has a couple of moves that allow for unique "strafing", however.

Neutral
  • Jab: 1-2 combo. One mech leg is thrust out, then another slams down in front, launching horizontally.
  • Rapid Jab: One leg thrusts out, then another delivers a rapid series of blurred strikes as Porky hammers furiously on his buttons, ending with a leg slam.
  • Dash attack: Porky's mech leaps like a jumping spider, tucking its legs in in the air. Similar to K Rool’s DA, this travels far, and goes high enough to jump over some attacks and fighters. There is one hitbox on Porky in the air and one on landing, which buries. Brief superarmor frames as Porky "kneels" for the jump. This move is powerful, but must be spaced carefully owing to start and end lag.

Tilts
  • F-tilt: Porky opens a wispy red portal in front of his mech, from which the stone arm of the King Statue appears to deliver a strong punch. This move has horizontal knockback, capable of KOing at the ledge at around 90%
  • U-tilt: Porky jams his mech's feet into the ground and thrusts the central pod upward. This is a decent juggling/followup move.

Aerials
  • N-air: Mech legs are retracted into the central pod as Porky envelops himself with a PSI shield that deals electric damage. The hitbox generally mimics a brief PSI magnet, though it launches further at the center.
  • U-air: Porky extends two mech legs upward which detach at the joints and spin around like helicopter blades. Launches vertically. Can kill from around top platform height.
  • F-air: Porky opens a red portal infront of him which deals dark damage. Lingering/walling-type hitbox.
  • B-air: The central section of Porky's mech turrets around like a tank, then shoots a short range blast from its eye, dealing fire damage This is a very high knockback move capable of reliably killing while offstage/at the ledge. Its momentum will send Porky forward, however, negating spam while allowing it to act as a pseudo-recovery.
  • D-air: Porky thrusts two mech legs downward to meet at a deadly, electrified point. This is capable of spiking, but only with proper spacing at the small sweetspot.

Smash Attacks
  • F-smash “Porky Tears Into You!” As in Brawl, Porky rears back a mech claw, then brings it forward to deliver a lightning-fast flurry of attacks. High damage moderate knockback. Can be angled.
  • D-smash: Two mecha Porkys teleport in on either side of Porky and cry, facing the screen while he covers his ears. On release, they explode one after the other.
  • U-smash: A red portal opens above Porky and the mouth of the Ultimate Chimera rears outward, striking in a manner similarly to Corrin's neutral special. The move has a couple of hitboxes – the latter "chomp" being one of the more damaging smash attacks in the game.

Specials
B – What Did Porky Do?:

A strange, chargeable blast flurry with moderate range. More blasts are added as the move is charged – up to 4 – with each dealing a separate damage type. Blast 1 deals electric damage, 2 deals fire, 3 deals slashing, and 4 deals darkness. In addition, the final blast of any given volley has a chance to cause additional effects (yay, RNG!) Moderate chance (possible for all levels of charge): trip, flower, reverse. Rare chance (third and fourth level of charge only): paralyze, forced taunt. Super rare (fourth level only): brief time slow, freeze.

Porky can hold charge, though not indefinitely. The charging effect is ring-shaped and centered on the eye of Porky's mech, changing color with each stage of charge. It looks similar to a small, inverted version of Giygas’s “ungraspable” attack, while the blasts themselves look as they do in Mother 3. Porky places his fingers to his temples while charging, in a mockery (or is it a display?) of PSI.

>-B – Mecha Porky:
A Mecha Porky teleports in front of Porky and proceeds to run forward while laughing. The mecha will trip and explode after a set time is passed, after hitting a fighter, or after being attacked. Mechas have a 15% damage threshold after which they will immediately explode. Porky can attack the mecha himself, and can be damaged by the explosion. There is a small chance of a mecha being spawned that runs faster while crying. This mecha has a small damage/knockback increase.

Mechas will turn around if they come into contact with a wall, but will run off the stage edge. When performed in the air, the bot will come out at a small arc, and will immediately trip on landing.. (pending balance - number of mechas on screen, cooldown, aerial hitbox, etc.)

v-B – Stinky Gas:
Porky's mech opens its "mouth" and vomits a spray forward. The amount of gas charges passively over 30 seconds or so, but can be used at any time. Longer charge results in more gas. The gas itself deals no knockback and only moderate damage, but causes a lingering poison hitbox similar to Piranha Plant's side-B. Struck fighters will appear green, and have reduced damage and knockback ability for a short time dependent on time struck by the gas.

With a sufficient amount of gas, Porky can briefly strafe backward or forward while spraying when grounded, extending a wall of shorter lasting gas hitboxes, or can stay in place for a stack of hitboxes that last longer. This move does increased shield damage.

Functions similarly to his Smash Crusade attack, which is itself a nod to Brawl. Two of Porky’s mech arms point downward in a ‘V’, holding a ball of red energy. This allows Porky to hover in a manner similar to ROB, albeit slower, with far less vertical distance, but good control over his horizontal “strafing” momentum. Pressing B a second time will unleash a high damage/knockback lightning bolt directly underneath Porky, shooting him upward briefly before sending him into freefall.

Grab/Throws
  • Pummel: Porky brings the fighter in and deactivates his shielding to slap them.
  • U-throw: Holds the fighter up and spins his mech arms like helicopter blades. High damage with moderate knockback.
  • D-throw: “Porky sucked something up!” Porky slams the fighter down and zaps them, healing himself for 2-5% before they’re blasted away with minimal knockback.
  • B-throw: Porky opens a red portal that sucks the fighter in. They quickly reappear behind him and are launched, suffering dark damage.

Final Needle:
Porky points upward, causing the Masked Man to teleport in and pull the Final Needle from the ground. Porky waves to the camera while the Absolutely Safe Capsule materializes around him. A huge black shadow is seen rising in the background, cutting the whole screen to black before a flurry of fire falls across the stage. Essentially a mix of End of Day and PK Starstorm.

Devil’s Machine: The Devil’s machine rises from the ground and Porky smashes the central bubble, causing a spiral akin to the Earthbound battle confrontation effect to appear. Anyone caught in the spiral suffers the dizzy shield break effect before being teleported to a dark cutscene. Porky teleports away as Giygas lurches over the background, dealing huge knockback.

Misc/Appearance
  • Colors: @zeox’s are great! https://smashboards.com/threads/por...ity.453850/page-2#lg=attachment154383&slide=0 I also like the idea of a more clear happy happiest cult blue alt. These would also alternate his mech between the Mother 2 and 3 colors, with appropriate hues.
  • Entrance: Porky enters from a red portal slightly above the ground, dropping with a screen shake, and sneers.
  • U-Taunt: Porky faces the screen, bows his head and mimics Ness’s “okay” in a mocking tone.
  • S-Taunt: Porky deactivates his shield, leans out of his mech, and fails to use a yo-yo.
  • Victory 1: Porky points toward the screen, laughing and coughing in a maniacal loop.
  • Victory 2: Porky struts forward through a flank of Porky Bots, which clap for him.
  • Victory 3: Closeup of Porky's mech slamming a foot down on a discarded yo-yo, smashing it to pieces. Noticing this, Porky begins to cry like a lost child...or is he laughing? It's hard to tell.
This is beautiful.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Do you guys think he should come with a stage or just be his own thing like the plant? I was thinking more like plant (because he doesn't really need a new stage), but maybe they could add a bonus music like they did with Sans (probably Pokey means business). Or maybe they could do something a bit bigger and throw in a Ninten echo fighter?

Also since Porky is a vilain, and if I'm correct every vilain in the game have a different victory themes that the one used by the franchises (and let's be honest, Ness and Lucas victory themes really don't fit Porky), a idea that I have is to use the first 10 seconds of Pokey means business for his victory,

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Man, Porky is such a good villain. I really don't see him coming, but it's jacked up of Nintendo to have left him absent from the game entirely. I'll keep my fingers crossed, I would love to see Porky incorporated somehow.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

Misc/Gimmicks

Appearance/Movement

Neutral

Tilts

Aerials

Smash Attacks

Specials
B – What Did Porky Do?:

>-B – Mecha Porky:

v-B – Stinky Gas:

Grab/Throws

Final Needle:

Misc/Appearance
A second character with tough guy...
F9EA1740-68BA-412A-B9FC-69B4A37731F1.gif

Amazing moveset concept dude

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Crap man if only Yoshi had Kamek, Luigi with King Boo and Captain Falcon had either Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow or Deathborn then Porkys chances would have been undeniable. Off topic those guys I mentioned would be fantastic in their own right...maybe next game...in like a decade from now.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Crap man if only Yoshi had Kamek, Luigi with King Boo and Captain Falcon had either Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow or Deathborn then Porkys chances would have been undeniable. Off topic those guys I mentioned would be fantastic in their own right...maybe next game...in like a decade from now.
I think King Boo might probably be a shoo-in for Smash 6 especially if he is the main antagonist again in Luigi's Mansion 3.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
I also thought it would be neat for the single player bosses to take the form of villains of the original Smash cast (I mean, Galleom? Really?), though I suppose then we’d have Porky as a boss again and this thread wouldn’t exist.

A Black Shadow echo with Ganondorf's moves and a totally revamped mage Ganondorf is my pipe dream for the next game.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I also thought it would be neat for the single player bosses to take the form of villains of the original Smash cast (I mean, Galleom? Really?), though I suppose then we’d have Porky as a boss again and this thread wouldn’t exist.
They should’ve brought back Duon over Galleom. I don’t know why, but I found the Duon fight a lot more challenging and I liked it more for that. But at least they gave Galleom an upgraded moveset. Makes me wonder what they could’ve done with other Brawl bosses. Heck even if we had gotten a Boss Rush mode with Porky returning in it, I would’ve enjoyed seeing what they did to upgrade him and make him “flashier”.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
They should’ve brought back Duon over Galleom. I don’t know why, but I found the Duon fight a lot more challenging and I liked it more for that. But at least they gave Galleom an upgraded moveset. Makes me wonder what they could’ve done with other Brawl bosses. Heck even if we had gotten a Boss Rush mode with Porky returning in it, I would’ve enjoyed seeing what they did to upgrade him and make him “flashier”.
I always hated Duon. He was the bane of my existence.

Kronch

Smash Cadet
Could you put me on the supporters list? Porky's my absolute most wanted right now. I just beat Earthbound for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I'd love to play as someone as vile as Porky. He's one of the best-written Nintendo characters ever, for sure.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Duon was the hardest boss in Brawl in my opinion. I'm surprised they didn't bring him back in Ultimate.

Could you put me on the supporters list? Porky's my absolute most wanted right now. I just beat Earthbound for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I'd love to play as someone as vile as Porky. He's one of the best-written Nintendo characters ever, for sure.
Welcome to the Pig Mask Army new cadet!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think he should come with a stage or just be his own thing like the plant? I was thinking more like plant (because he doesn't really need a new stage), but maybe they could add a bonus music like they did with Sans (probably Pokey means business). Or maybe they could do something a bit bigger and throw in a Ninten echo fighter?

Also since Porky is a vilain, and if I'm correct every vilain in the game have a different victory themes that the one used by the franchises (and let's be honest, Ness and Lucas victory themes really don't fit Porky), a idea that I have is to use the first 10 seconds of Pokey means business for his victory,
The devils machine is an absolute must if Porky HOPEFULLY gets in, or maybe tazmily village for Lucas, or the final cave

Last edited:

Kronch

Smash Cadet
R RetrogamerMax , thanks a lot fellow Pigmask! I've actually been lurking here for a while, but I just realized today I wasn't in the list of supporters. Figured I had to change that.

Also, is Porky the most successful Nintendo villain? He's definitely the one who's died the least, for obvious reasons, and even when he "loses," it's impossible to tell the extent to which he actually... well, loses.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
R RetrogamerMax , thanks a lot fellow Pigmask! I've actually been lurking here for a while, but I just realized today I wasn't in the list of supporters. Figured I had to change that.

Also, is Porky the most successful Nintendo villain? He's definitely the one who's died the least, for obvious reasons, and even when he "loses," it's impossible to tell the extent to which he actually... well, loses.
Pretty much so since he basically rules the world in Mother 3.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Fair enough. He is generally considered pretty difficult. I know I struggled with him my first try at it. But I think that’s also why I preferred Duon over Galleom in Brawl. I could avoid Galleom’s attacks a lot easier than Duon’s, so taking Galleom down (even twice) was notably easier than beating Duon. For me personally at least. I’d consider Duon the second hardest boss coming in only after Tabuu.

Back on topic (somewhat), Porky was also a decent challenge the first time around. Especially when I thought I took damage for no reason (AKA his slow walk attack that actually does damage. Took me a while to figure that out).

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice

Welcome to the Pigmask army!

I never saw Porky as losing. He got exactly what he wanted in the end. Besides the dragon, he is now stuck for eternity all alone. If you think about it, its kinda what he wanted. However, his fate is easily one of the worst in gaming. He is invincible and stuck all alone with nothing for all of time. He probably didnt realize how bad of a decision it would be to go in the ASC. I mean think about it, he is stuck in there FOREVER. Even after everything is gone, he is still there.

Dark asf. Also some of the art that has been made about him in the ASC is pretty scary. Example-

71c9d88ac6250e66baae7341476ff9b24ee96e3cv2_00.jpg

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Pigmask army!

I never saw Porky as losing. He got exactly what he wanted in the end. Besides the dragon, he is now stuck for eternity all alone. If you think about it, its kinda what he wanted. However, his fate is easily one of the worst in gaming. He is invincible and stuck all alone with nothing for all of time. He probably didnt realize how bad of a decision it would be to go in the ASC. I mean think about it, he is stuck in there FOREVER. Even after everything is gone, he is still there.

Dark asf. Also some of the art that has been made about him in the ASC is pretty scary. Example-

View attachment 239573
Pretty much the greatest example of won the battle but lost the war

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I feel like the Absolutely Safe Capsule makes sense for Porky's spirit just cuz Galeem's beam can't penetrate the capsule, it's absolutely safe after all. And it does put Porky in a unique position to become a DLC character because there's no boss or spirit really holding him back from becoming one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I feel like the Absolutely Safe Capsule makes sense for Porky's spirit just cuz Galeem's beam can't penetrate the capsule, it's absolutely safe after all. And it does put Porky in a unique position to become a DLC character because there's no boss or spirit really holding him back from becoming one.
But Porky isn't in the capsule because the sprite used for the Absolute Safe Capsule Spirit is the empty version of the sprite.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I mean if Sakurai wants to play into the WoL lore I mean think about it like this, Porky WAS in the asc and Gallem’s light beams managed to only effect the capsule by itself but still allowed Porky to come out unscathed.

Also the helicopter is one biggest pros going for us, as far I can remember (haven’t played earthbound in a while) Porky was the only one who used it right?...feel free to correct me

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Porky is definitely the only remaining Nintendo baddie that I'm really rooting for.

I still like other characters such as Hades, Medusa, Black Shadow, etc, but Porky is the one I'm really rooting for. He's such a perfect MOTHER series rep. He has connections to both Ness and Lucas which is cool.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I mean if Sakurai wants to play into the WoL lore I mean think about it like this, Porky WAS in the asc and Gallem’s light beams managed to only effect the capsule by itself but still allowed Porky to come out unscathed.

Also the helicopter is one biggest pros going for us, as far I can remember (haven’t played earthbound in a while) Porky was the only one who used it right?...feel free to correct me
Yeah. It was Monotolis to start with but Porky stole it.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

How is the helicopter a pro for Porky's chances? I haven't been keeping up with speculation.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
The helicopter is usually associated with him as he stole it back in earthbound, it also makes a cameo appearance in MOTHER 3, also they made a redesign of it too fit the source material proves Sakurai is paying particular close attention to the Mother series...

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think the "Porky is in the capsule" argument is pretty weak because not only, like some people mention, the artwork is the one where it's empty, but there's already a lot of inconsistency with the Spirit and story mode. The biggest example is that some characters have 2 spirits or more based on characters variations (like Bowser and Bowser (wedding) ). This shouldn't happen because if you consider the story, this means that's litteraly the same character die twice, but once with a different costume. There's also a Buzz buzz spirits and if you really want to consider Earthbound lore into World of light, well that shouldn't happen because if you say that Porky was in the capsule before the event of Smash ultimate, Buzz buzz would have been already dead. There's probably other inconsistency that I could point if I had the time to think about it, so really "World of light lore" and "Porky was in the capsule" means nothing to me.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
It occurred to me that, while Bowser Junior's moveset seems like a complete misfire, its concepts actually would have worked perfectly with Porky. I mean, him crawling around in the mech and dropping Porky Bots and what not. Seems lame that they decided to experiment with that type of moveset with that character.

That said, maybe its only me who dislikes it. I always felt he was designed solely for the sake of having all Koopaling alts.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It occurred to me that, while Bowser Junior's moveset seems like a complete misfire, its concepts actually would have worked perfectly with Porky. I mean, him crawling around in the mech and dropping Porky Bots and what not. Seems lame that they decided to experiment with that type of moveset with that character.

That said, maybe its only me who dislikes it. I always felt he was designed solely for the sake of having all Koopaling alts.
I like that moveset but it took some getting used to since I'd always envisioned Bowser Jr. as being based around his paintbrush.

That said Porky could take that concept and go deeper with it, not only does he have the bots but also spider mech and you can do a lot more with something with that many appendages.

Top Bottom