• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popo and Nana get a new stage and it doesn't suck this time!

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
The stages keep getting better and better~ oD This was an aweomse update~ Now all we need is Norfair from the gamplay videos, and Mario Kart from the second traier....
Yeah, I wonder why we haven't got the Mario KArt stage yet.

PrincessToadstool

Smash Cadet
Wow!! This stage looks so amazing! I love the design and I love what happens when your playing and then it falls! I don't care about a halloween update if there was one! This is a really great one!

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
Thats a creative stage right there. I can't wait for BRAWL!!!! Febuary 10th is a long way from coming [hopefully not though] :)

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I found out where the fish is from. It's Muddy Mudskipper from Ren and Stimpy!

Confirmed for Brawl.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I wonder why people are bashing Icicle Mountain. I guess they just hate scrolling stages.
I hate it when I'm playing against a computer, even at level 9, and it starts to scroll, meaning instant death for them. CP AI, along with the other reasons, is one of the ways that IM is kind of a bad stage. I mean, computers just DIE when it scrolls.. lol

Oh man, I'm glad that my mains are getting a playable stage this time though. (at least in casual play)

NukeA6

Smash Master
No Halloween-type update? It's all good. At least the Ice Climbers have a better stage now. But I find it strange that the fish from Balloon Fight is there.

Now I'm doubting Balloon Fighter's chances.

I

i8waffles612

This update is really nice. This IC stage is much better then the one in Melee

DragoonFenix15

Smash Apprentice
Ice Cap Zone confirmed for Brawl ;P

No, really. It'd be sweet if one of the music alts for this was Ice Cap Zone.

But either way, this stage looks awesome. Also I think DeDeDe is going to be in every screenshot from now on, rofl.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If the fish was supposed to hint at Balloon Fighter as being a playable character, I'm going to throw up. Bad choice. :ohwell:

But a fun stage nonetheless! Looks to be a good one.

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
If the fish was supposed to hint at Balloon Fighter as being a playable character, I'm going to throw up. Bad choice. :ohwell:

But a fun stage nonetheless! Looks to be a good one.
I think the stage points the opposite. :dizzy:

WaterTails

Smash Lord
You, Sir (or madam) have just lost all credibility for not liking BF!

I hope the fish is hinting at something!

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Not the Halloween update I was expecting, but I'm a sucker for stages and this one looks especially nice on many levels so I can't complain.

Congrats Popo and Nana for getting a stage that people actually want to play on.

Also, Holy Cow the Balloon Fighter fish?!! I hope this means we get to hear a bit more from our old pal balloon fighter in Brawl.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Not the Halloween update I was expecting, but I'm a sucker for stages and this one looks especially nice on many levels so I can't complain.

Congrats Popo and Nana for getting a stage that people actually want to play on.

Also, Holy Cow the Balloon Fighter fish?!! I hope this means we get to hear a bit more from our old pal balloon fighter in Brawl.
Once again does Japan celebrate Halloween?

DragoonFenix15

Smash Apprentice
More on music! I'm hoping the tracks include

- Obligatory Ice Climber song
- Balloon Fighter song
- Ice World map from Mario 3
- Ice Cap Zone

I don't know if they'll mix it up that much, but considering Ice Climber's HUGE soundtrack (read: lack thereof) I wouldn't be surprised.

overthere

Smash Cadet
I like the sinking and tilting concept. But the novelty of the original Icicle Mountain was that it held to the gameplay concept of the original ice climber game.

ksukh

Smash Rookie
I think this stage looks beautiful. It seems that Sakurai has filled up most of the stages on his DOJO website......what now?

NukeA6

Smash Master
I like the sinking and tilting concept. But the novelty of the original Icicle Mountain was that it held to the gameplay concept of the original ice climber game.
But not perfectly like their Target Test was. It shouldn't have vertical-scrolled automatically since it made things uneasy plus the AI were just ******** for not even noticing it.

Speaking of AI, I hope they're better this time around. And I hope they make better use of items like they did in SSB64. The Melee AI only grab health items and pokeballs.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else think swimming might do damage?

Since the temp. probably is below 0 degrees centigrade.

Although some character might be immune to the effects.

Mr fN LeON

Smash Cadet
How does the fish deconfirm the balloon fighter? If anything it helps his chances in being in the game

The more characters the more better = )

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but so far we've received exactly ONE stage per series. All we're missing is Samus (Which we know officially) and Sonic. Kind of interesting. The next stage update will probably be Samus, then Sonic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I found out where the fish is from. It's Muddy Mudskipper from Ren and Stimpy!

Confirmed for Brawl.
You must not know your Nintendo history very well. That fish appeared in the NES game Balloon Fight. It appeared and ate anyone that's too close to the water.

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
I knew it was going to be an Ice climbers stage, I just didn't realise it was going to be so hective and, well, fun! One of the best stages yet. I love the backgrounds, and everything look so nice. I can tell me and my mates are going to have a cracking time on this one. XD

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Ever play Ice Climber? The vegetable changed each level to reflect a higher bonus. Pumpkins (or rather, jack o lanterns) were a later bonus. Eggplants were the level 1 bonus.
It still doesn't change that out of all the vegetables, the Jack-O-Lantern was probably included in the picture due to Halloween

Top Bottom