• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popo and Nana get a new stage and it doesn't suck this time!

Rance

Smash Cadet
What's going on with all this stage talk of melee.... the only fun stage was Hyrule Castle <_<;

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
My theory on the fish/balloon fighter:

Since the stage has to reset somehow, a balloon fighter or team of balloon fighters will come and fly the iceberg back to the top of the mountain :p

Smash Ace
screw balloon fighter. Samus popped his ballons with her gun, he fell in the water, and ths fish ate him.
anyways, this stage has awesome graphic appeal IMO, and is way way way (the the infinity power) better than Icicle Mountain.
=2007=

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
it looks like this stage is bigger then i thought
but it still shakes or what ever it does
i really do feel sorry for ICE CLIMBERS because they always take the moving stage and i really really HATE Hyrule castle so boring and blue and the pumpkin do we use it once or twice what everi really think sakurai should explane more about it in the future:)

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
it looks like this stage is bigger then i thought
but it still shakes or what ever it does
i really do feel sorry for ICE CLIMBERS because they always take the moving stage and i really really HATE Hyrule castle so boring and blue and the pumpkin do we use it once or twice what everi really think sakurai should explane more about it in the future:)
Sorry to ask but why do you post in collors? You know that looks terribly stupid, right?

OnTopic: One of my favourite announced new stages. The design is so cool, moving, and it lands.. In the Water! How cool is that?!

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Sorry to ask but why do you post in collors? You know that looks terribly stupid, right?

OnTopic: One of my favourite announced new stages. The design is so cool, moving, and it lands.. In the Water! How cool is that?!
no it's nice and it matches the thread i'm sorry but you have no style
i think i'm back to pink now
anyways cool stage so cold and icey

Hejiru

Smash Ace
It says it continues to sink after it lands in the water. What do you think will happen when it is almost entirely sunk? Will the fish eat the Polar Bear, making it rise again? Or will it completely sink, and then the bird from Ice Climber lifts you up to the beginning? I dunno.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
And holy crap, Dedede's been in five updates in a row now.
That pretty much always happens with new characters. They're featured in the next few updates to give us more pictures of them in action.

Speaking of AI, I hope they're better this time around. And I hope they make better use of items like they did in SSB64. The Melee AI only grab health items and pokeballs.
That's what made SSB64 AI bad with items turned on. They stopped and went for EVERYTHING = very predictable.

The stage looks fun. A bit hectic, but nowhere near as crazy as Icicle Mountain (moved way too much/often). It's interesting that the "floor" is all water, though the middle iceberg thingy is still visible just under the water. Very unique.

ImpossibleOdds

Smash Rookie
It says it continues to sink after it lands in the water. What do you think will happen when it is almost entirely sunk? Will the fish eat the Polar Bear, making it rise again? Or will it completely sink, and then the bird from Ice Climber lifts you up to the beginning? I dunno.
As some people have pointed out, it's quite possible that a number of balloon fighters will air lift the stage back to the summit. But I like your idea of the fish eating the polar bear, it would actually be interesting to see.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
When it sinks completely you should have to swim back to the mountain.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Cool! A stage inspired by the real-world issue of Global Warming!
no it's nice and it matches the thread i'm sorry but you have no style
i think i'm back to pink now
anyways cool stage so cold and icey
One color is fine, but switching between like, five colors in a single post just looks stupid and noobish.

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
Yeah so far all the stages are great but i think this looks the coolest so far!

oh and about the fish i am guessing he put that in there to give us a hint that Ballon Fighter might appear!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I like it The summit stage is ironic because your climbing up to the top in Melee. Water looks good, Fish looks good, It'll be tricky the sliding part, it looks like the characters are struggling to stay on...

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
I love this stage 'cause I love everything Ice Climber. That's right, EVEN Icicle Mountain! I like the idea of Balloon Fighters taking you back up, but what about the pterodactal? That could work also. And what's in that giant frozen structure on the leftish side of the stage? Does it unfreeze and reveal something? Lastly, do the veggies heal you? Where do they come from?

I MUST SPECULATE!

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I like how it's night when you're at the top and daytime when you're on an iceberg. Nice touch.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I figure that this stage is important because it hints that global warming is destroying our lovely mountains. A beautiful place like this, set in the sky around a lovely aurora, reduced to seawater as fast as it can slide to sea level.

It's sort of sad. :(

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
In the picture with the balloon fighter fish, look closely at King Dedede. IS HE SWIMMING?!
I've seen videos of characters dunked into water and treading for a while. It makes me wonder if they will eventually sink. Or if level editors will get water blocks added to them.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Its funny they held onto this update till they could stick a penguin in it. Makes me wonder if they'll hold onto the Norfair update till Ridley appears? After all, where the heck IS Norfair? Only Metroid and Sonic don't have stage updates, right?

Also, my suggestions for music for this stage:
-Phendrana Drifts
-Mario Kart 64 - Rainbow Road
- Super Mario 64 - Jolly Roger Bay (it sounds icy enough)

Top Bottom