• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
What would be the best programme for using a tablet, Illustrator or Photoshop?
I'm more Illustrator inclined, 'cause I <3 vectors, but I can do Photoshop, and I know there's a pressure thingy on there.

I'd ask on the livestream chat, but I'm too stupid to figure out how to log in DX.

Geist

Smash Master
I <3 photoshop
you can always do vectors in ps, but it's more time consuming. Illustrator is more for graphics design, if you want to do straight up painting, ps is the way to go.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Right, thanks.
I'd been drawing in Illustrator, then colouring in Photoshop lol.
And yeah, I'm more of a graphic designer.

Geist

Smash Master
graphic design is fun stuff
I know a lot of people that do that, there's pros of it and cons, like most things. It's all about preference, as art always is

Purple

Hi guys!
Next step in learning things about art.

learning colors, learning what goes where. Not being able to paint and my fear of putting colors in places really is getting on my nerves.

Also I don't understand the use of diferent brushes
. i know different pencils on paper and such, but when it comes to this on photoshiop i am stumped beyond all belief.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Different brushes just have different looks. For instance, small spatter brushes can give the look of a traditional paintbrush when used on a relatively low opacity and layered. Other brushes might give the look of some other texture like charcoal or sand.

One of the most important things I learned about colors was that they are heavily dependent on those surrounding them, everything is relative. Just try junk out at first if you're hesitant, you might stumble across something that looks good.

Now I feel like drawing something too, but I'm not sure what v_v

Geist

Smash Master
Coloring is scary territory bro
At first it's so overwhelming, and then once you get comfortable and you get good at it you're like <3
At least I think. I'm not good at coloring yet.

Just attack that paper, no fear. Make it your *****.
You really shouldn't have anything from fear. At the best, it turns out sweet and you learn something, and at worst you screw up and you learn from your mistakes, and the only casualty is your art. Oh wait lulz layers and ctrl z

Geist

Smash Master
I've been really really really wanting to render a 3d model in maya and then paint over it in photoshop. For some reason the idea came to me and it won't go away. I can assume some professionals do something like this to a degree, but I've never heard of it specifically mentioned.
Anyone have any information on this?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's similar to how I get away with drawing backgrounds such as landscapes - Take a photo of a place near me and draw over it.

I know it doesn't help me more than observation buuuuuuuut

global-wolf

Smash Champion
If you go through iscribble's galleries, there's some amazing stuff in there. Makes me so so jealous. :urg:

Edit: I think I missed a couple posts. o__o;

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
So I'm being forced to clean out my entire room because it is insanely awful due to the fact I go through paper insanely fast.
I currently have a pile of sketchbooks in my doorway. I don't even think its all of them, but its a bunch of sketchbooks ive used since around 2005 or 2004 i think.
....it's probably around 2 feet tall right now.
And that doesnt even count doodles on computer paper/etc....

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Delurking to say do it anyway!
Its nice to see you ♥

Geist

Smash Master
So I'm being forced to clean out my entire room because it is insanely awful due to the fact I go through paper insanely fast.
I currently have a pile of sketchbooks in my doorway. I don't even think its all of them, but its a bunch of sketchbooks ive used since around 2005 or 2004 i think.
....it's probably around 2 feet tall right now.
And that doesnt even count doodles on computer paper/etc....
I hear you there... I have multiple containers filled with sketchbooks to the brim. There's at least 200 stacked away in my room back at my Ontario home, and an additional 50 that's starting to pile up here.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Haha thats amazing Bren xD

Also, WISCUS AND JOE <3 HAI GUISE <3
Wiscus...is your avatar Betty freaking White?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
****. I need to start drawing.

...oh right I have a sig shop open.

Top Bottom