• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I just got Pokemon White like, yesterday.

It has my approval.

Meno, what do you look for when you photograph, say, landscape? I tried at one point during a massive snowstorm (I mean after it had happened) and when I looked back at the pictures, nothing really struck me as even a GOOD photograph.

I understand I should be looking for good composition. But I suppose I don't know what good composition is yet.
Hrm. I don't usually do pure landscapes, I generally cheat by having focus on maybe a person or a close-up of an object, with the landscape serving mainly as a backdrop. Sunsets and trees always strike me as a bit "easy", if that doesn't make me sound too pretentious.

I remember this one blizzard that happened a bit ago, and it was all beautiful of course, but I need something more. So I trudge around this park for a bit, and I'm walking under these huge trees when I almost run face first into this huge hanging spider. It was inches from my nose before I finally glance forward, so naturally I fall backward and immediately scramble 10 yards away.

I watch it from a distance, and it's not moving, so I carefully come closer and closer. When I'm about three feet away, I come to the conclusion that it's dead. It must have frozen mid-air as it was descending on a single thread of web. This thing was gorgeous. It was alternating colors of orange and transparent, with a huge dark orange thorax.

Keep in mind, I'm not really "scared" of spiders (I was startled, when I first saw it), but they're still creepy ****ers. So I take some close-up shots and then GTFO.

Unfortunately, I lost the photos when my school's computer went fritz. :(

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Why not be more obscure, Lokii, and say Robopon?

:3

ALSO - That's too bad, Meno. I would have loved to see them.

Geist

Smash Master
Poor hipsters.
Because of the internet their existence is nothing more than some sort of infinite-double-paradox-oxymoron.

Nooooo my premieee
my powerrrssss

Geist

Smash Master
d'awwwwww :3

On a different note, does anyone know stuff about matte painting? I'm getting ready for future classes and matte painting is one of the ones I'm looking most forward to.
Tips, tricks, techniques, etc?
:]

EDIT: I made a pretty

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Would any of you previous winners like to help judge, should AWYP have another showing?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
LOKII WILL!
Lokii will be like the Paula Abdul (for lack of a better term) of AWYP though.
Unless she somehow decides to go all psycho crit.
....that'd be fun...

/3rdperson

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
How did you know I had a second person already? Well!

Let me recap the stuff on VMs.

:)

Geist

Smash Master
lmao Zio whoops.

I wouldn't mind judging, but apparently I wasn't good enough to win last awyp. >:l
I'll show you. I'll show all of you.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, i'm speaking with virg now.

I've now got 3 judges, including myself.

I hope things work out.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Wait, whoa. How long's this been happening?

Man, I wish people would let me know about this stuff seeing as I mod here and all. >:l Seems kind of important. I'll have to ask Virgilijus about what's going on with this.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I got the okay from Virg, Neon.

If you want to help in some way, that would be cool.

After we come up with a theme, I'll probably post the topic. :3

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I see.

Who exactly are the all of the judges again? In the past the judges were the AE moderators + the previous winner. WWYP's judges also include the moderators of CM. Pokemon spriting contests are also judged by staff members of the PokeCenter.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with you, Lokii, or Geist, I trust you all, but it just seemed odd that in the past, and in other contests the entire panel was staff but suddenly in this case there are several non staff judges.

I'm definitely willing to be on the panel, I think Yink expressed interest in AWYP a while back as well, I'll ask her when she gets back. Don't hesitate to ask us about this stuff. I'd just rather not be in the dark about the whole thing.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
There's Lokii, Xiivi, and I.

So that's a previous winner, an administrator, and Me.

I would hope that who's on the panel isn't a big issue. I feel maybe you think staff members need to be on the panel because it's always been that way.

The point is to just get it underway. And to spur creativity in the individuals.

I'm excited and am glad Virg feels I can do this. And to have your help would only make things better. We will have more judges. I don't want to over do it, though.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I set up a AWYP awhile ago, and asked Virg about it and had judges and everything ready.

After I spoke to Virg though, nothing ever happened.

I'm sorry guys.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Wow I never realized geist's avatar was from pokemon until just now. Guess I lost my silph scope

Geist

Smash Master
I set up a AWYP awhile ago, and asked Virg about it and had judges and everything ready.

After I spoke to Virg though, nothing ever happened.

I'm sorry guys.
It's okay, we forgive youuuuuuu

Wow I never realized geist's avatar was from pokemon until just now. Guess I lost my silph scope
lol my guise is up, I suppose. Nice bidoof, sir.

Ramses is a namesearcher

Top Bottom