• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Which Stages from Brawl would you like to see return for SSB4?

Which Stage(s) from Brawl would you like to see return for SSB4?

• Total voters

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Ever since Melee we have had stages return from the previous Smash Bros. I assume SSB4 will be no different with returning stages From Brawl.

Here is the list of Brawl Stages:

:delfino: Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Bros.)

Luigi's Mansion (Super Mario Bros.)

:mky: Mushroomy Kingdom (Super Mario Bros.)

:mariocircuit: Mario Circuit (Super Mario Bros.)

:rumblefalls: Rumble Falls (Donkey Kong)

:eldin: The Bridge of Eldin (The Legend of Zelda)

:pirateship: The Pirate Ship (The Legend of Zelda)

:norfair: Norfair (Metroid)

:frigate: Frigate Orpheon (Metroid)

Yoshi's Island (Yoshi)

:halberd: Battleship Halberd (Kirby)

:lylat: Lylat Cruise (Starfox)

:ps2: Pokemon Stadium 2 (Pokemon)

:spearpillar: Spear Pillar (Pokemon)

:porttown: Port Town Aero Drive (F-Zero)

:castlesiege: Castle Siege (Fire Emblem)

:warioware: WarioWare (WarioWare)

:distantplanet: Distant Planet (Pikmin)

:smashville: Smashville (Animal Crossing)

:npc: New Pork City (Earthbound)

The Summit (Ice Climber)

:skyworld: Skyworld (Kid Icarus)

:75M: 75m (Donkey Kong)

Mario Bros. (Super Mario Bros.)

:flatzone2: Flat Zone 2 (Game & Watch)

:pictochat: PictoChat (PictoChat)

:hanenbow: Hanenbow (HanenBow)

:shadowmoses: Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear)

:greenhill: Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Battlefield and Final Destination were not included because it is assumed they will be remade for SSB4.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Already voted. Brawl had some beautiful stages, I just hope it isn't like Melee's stages in Brawl where the characters looked too big

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Voted for 75m, Mushroomy Kingdom, and Mario Bros. because they are unique and cannot be remade. Also voted for a fourth, Pirate Ship, not because I like it (and I do), but to honor Wind Waker HD, which wouldn't be getting a new stage I'd imagine. I stopped there partly because of my belief that Melee and 64 stages should return, so we shouldn't bring too many from Brawl back, but also because some of the choices aren't really that remarkable and many could be revisted somehow. Mario Circuit, Smashville, with Mario Kart 8 and the AC games that have come out on the Wii and 3DS, bringing back those fun stages would be needless. Warioware is unique, but in all likelihood it's getting a similar stage this time around again. Same with Luigi;s Mansion, etc. Basically throughout I was looking at everything with that mentality.

Gavi

Smash Cadet
Don't care if none of them come back. Brawl stages could have been better.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Wow! I didn't expect Smashville to be one of the most popular stages.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I only voted one per series.

Delfino Plaza

The Bridge of Eldin (I'm hoping we'll get a new Wind Waker stage)

Norfair

Battleship Halberd

Lylat Cruise

Those stages because I just happen to like them all.

and for more chaotic choices:

Spear Pillar (I'd rather see what they can do for a new Pokemon Stadium stage)

Port Town Aero Dive

WarioWare (I don't expect a new WarioWare stage, and if there is one, it HAS to be based on WarioWare: Smooth Moves)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Summit because it was so hectic, and it usually makes for some extremely funny and chaotic fights in a 4 player FFA.

Norfair because it's my favorite place in the Metroid games.

Smashville because it's one of the best competitive stages.

Spear Pillar because it also ends up being really chaotic in big multiplayer battles, and I just love the presence of Palkia and Dialga.

Halberd because it's my favorite stage in any Smash Bros game except for FD. It's just so great to fight with the Halberd flying in the background, and it's even better when you get on the deck to have your ass kicked by cannonballs, lasers and the arm. As a big Kirby fan this stage is a real treat, it plays great and it looks far better than any other stage.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If they're doing one per the original 10 series, then we've basically got a good idea on a few.

Mario: ?
Zelda: ?
Metroid: ?
Pokemon: ?
Kirby: Halberd
Star Fox: Lylat Cruise
Donkey Kong: ?
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island
F-Zero: Port Town Aero Drive
EarthBound: New Pork City

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I was gonna pick Smashville but it seemed kinda dumb to have 2 stages for the Villager.
I'd like to see Delfino Plaza and the Pirate Ship return, but their graphics would be outdated by 2 generations.
Actually, all the stages graphics are outdated by 2 generations, I mean did ya see how bad the Skyward Sword stage looked compared to everything else in the trailer for the game? A completely flat surfaced stage with blurry textures.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna pick Smashville but it seemed kinda dumb to have 2 stages for the Villager.
yeah that's the reason I didn't pick Smashville either

I'd like to see Delfino Plaza and the Pirate Ship return, but their graphics would be outdated by 2 generations.
they updated the graphics for Delfino Plaza in Brawl, as for the Pirate ship, I think they wanted to keep the unique wind waker graphics.

Actually, all the stages graphics are outdated by 2 generations, I mean did ya see how bad the Skyward Sword stage looked compared to everything else in the trailer for the game? A completely flat surfaced stage with blurry textures.
I don't know... I thought they did a good job with Skyloft...

[collapse=Skyloft]

[/collapse]

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
Mushroomy Kingdom, awesome change of pace
The Bridge of Eldin, so empty, so awesome for ranged fights
Mario Circuit, gotta love launching someone into a car
The Pirate Ship, this one was just awesome, I loved the moving background
Lylat Cruise, *facepalm* I was thinking Corneria when I selected this, I really hate Lylat cruise
Spear Pillar, watching campers get owned by giant lasers rocks
PictoChat, so hectic and fun, you never knew what the stage would throw at you next
Green Hill Zone, not sure what I like about it so much, but I always seem to win here

Groose

Smash Champion
Delfino Plaza: It was my favorite Brawl stage. It was interesting enough, while still maintaining a fairly basic feel. I loved every track that could potentially play in the background, and I loved that it was Isle Delfino, a place that remains as one of my favorite hubs of all. This stage was absolutely beautiful... even the Skyloft stage won't be able to entirely heal the pain of this one leaving.

Port Town Aero Dive: This track was my favorite in the F-Zero series. It was great to see it appear in Smash, and even greater to see the classic Mute City style stage return. Oh, and it was chock full of some of the best music Brawl offered. I really don't care if it's Port Town again; I just want that type of stage to return in the new game.

Lylat Cruise: It was a fairly boring stage; the background was pretty, but the stage itself was boring. But, I have three words that describe why it MUST return: Star. Wolf. Assault.

Wario Ware: I loved this stage. It was an amazing homage to the series it originated from, and it was pretty darn fun to play in. I rarely go here for serious matches, but it's my funning and items-on stage of choice.

Smashville: I played on this stage more than any other, bar possible Delfino and Final Destination. It was a perfectly basic stage that allowed for some super serious smashing; the background and the music were good, too. Thankfully, it looks like we're getting an updated version on the Wii U.

Green Hill Zone: LIVE AND LEARN... HANGING ON THE EDGE OF TOMORROW... LIVE AND LEARN... FROM THE WORKS OF YESTERDAAAY....

Pokeking

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
I tried to limit myself to one choice and one choice only. I liked Halberd because I liked the Battleship flying in the background and then occasionally fighting on it.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I quite enjoyed the Nostalgia that Yoshi's Island brought, as comparison to all of the other stages. It was like the one stage to not really deviate from the games art style very much and it had the unique music changing and such.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I voted for Delfino Plaza as I loved Super Mario Sunshine, such a great game, and voted for Bridge of Elden as I loved Twilight Princess. I also voted for The Summit as I thought that was a really unique and neat stage, with that big fish and low gravity. Luigi's Mansion I would like to see return, and also The Pirate Ship, so I voted for those too.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Voted for most fun, chaotic stages and Delfino Plaza because it's just so iconic to the game it is from :3 Also, Green Hill Zone because Sonic needs to be back and no Nintendo tribute is complete without Mario's biggest rival.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Norfair is my chaotic favorite. I also really like Delfino Plaza. Ironically, I have never played Metroid nor SMSunshine.

grizby2

Smash Lord
its so fun when frigate orpheon flips around when you try to spike somebody XD.

they never seem to get it right with the Mother stages. my favorite was fourside, but that one wasn't good enough to be in brawl appearently...
new pork city is a mess of platforms and is way too big, and Onett just isn't the most interesting place in Earthbound (and the geography of the stage doesn't match the game either).
im hoping they put in Saturn valley, but that's for another thread <3

Groose

Smash Champion

they never seem to get it right with the Mother stages. my favorite was fourside, but that one wasn't good enough to be in brawl appearently...
new pork city is a mess of platforms and is way too big, and Onett just isn't the most interesting place in Earthbound (and the geography of the stage doesn't match the game either).

I second this. Fourside and Onett didn't blow me away (but I loved the music at both); New Pork City was just... terrible. It's kind of ironic that my favorite stage of all time is Hyrule Temple... and New Pork City ranks among my least favorite. I still can't explain it.

D

Deleted member

Delfino Plaza: I like the atmosphere and I think the stage was well-designed. One of my favorite stages in Brawl. I loved exploring Delfino Plaza in Sunshine and I love going to those areas in Brawl!

Luigi's Mansion: I like the Luigi's Mansion stage and it really should return in SSB4. The gimmick of the stage was pretty cool in my opinion. I like the scenery too.

Battleship Halberd: My favorite stage in Brawl. I love how the stage starts and how the stage goes to the Halberd. It's a very fun stage with some cool and unique hazards.

Lylat Cruise: That background...

WarioWare: Adding Microgames certainly added some sort of element of succeeding in the game gave you a bit of a bonus. It's by far one of the most unique stages in SSB history and it's by far one of my favorites.

Skyworld: I like how the stage is set up, I like the breakable platforms (sometimes), and it's a very neat looking stage. Definitely captures a part of Kid Icarus.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Rumble Falls appears to be the least chosen on by far. I did expect it to be one of the least chosen ones. People just don't seem too fond of moving stages. Anyways, it's good to see that for every stage there is someone who cares about it.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

Magicant would be cool. But I am hoping we get a mother 3 stage for the 3DS and an Earthbound stage for the WiiU because that makes sense. (Also Onett may not be the most interesting place, but it represents the feel and setting of earthbound pretty well. Kind of like pokemon has the stadium because it is all about pokemon battles, etc. where as Earthbound has quirkiness, yes, but it is also interesting for its setting.)

grizby2

Smash Lord
Magicant would be cool. But I am hoping we get a mother 3 stage for the 3DS and an Earthbound stage for the WiiU because that makes sense. (Also Onett may not be the most interesting place, but it represents the feel and setting of earthbound pretty well. Kind of like pokemon has the stadium because it is all about pokemon battles, etc. where as Earthbound has quirkiness, yes, but it is also interesting for its setting.)
magicant WOULD be cool, it would definitely be random though, REALLY random lol.

idk, onett has its own brand of quirks. most are the innocent kind.

some quirks include:

the guy who play the saxophone next to the waterfront.
the $10,000 house you can buy that has a whole side missing.
the Sharks. frank, and his robot
maybe the police station
the secret tree house that ness's friends hang out in.
the meteorite on top of the hill.
ness's and porky's house.
Lier X Agerate's house.

theres a lot they could have used... but didn't :(

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
magicant WOULD be cool, it would definitely be random though, REALLY random lol.

idk, onett has its own brand of quirks. most are the innocent kind.

some quirks include:

the guy who play the saxophone next to the waterfront.
the $10,000 house you can buy that has a whole side missing.
the Sharks. frank, and his robot
maybe the police station
the secret tree house that ness's friends hang out in.
the meteorite on top of the hill.
ness's and porky's house.
Lier X Agerate's house.

theres a lot they could have used... but didn't :(
Thats kinda hard to fit in, from a design standpoint onett was great- it was an american suburb and represented the feel of earthbound's setting. It was also the first town and the main character's hometown. I think it had enough homages to the game without feeling like they were forced. Also there was some artistic freedoms taken for the stage but it still turned out all right.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I couldn't decide, so I voted everything :lol:

Top Bottom