• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Which Stages from Brawl would you like to see return for SSB4?

Which Stage(s) from Brawl would you like to see return for SSB4?

• Total voters

grizby2

Smash Lord
Thats kinda hard to fit in, from a design standpoint onett was great- it was an american suburb and represented the feel of earthbound's setting. It was also the first town and the main character's hometown. I think it had enough homages to the game without feeling like they were forced. Also there was some artistic freedoms taken for the stage but it still turned out all right.
i must sincerely disagree. but hear me out!
Earthbound had more settings than just a suburb. i mean, yeah Onett was where the adventure began and ended, but that's just IT. Unless someone plays the game, they have no clue what kind of adventure ness endured (and those who've played the game are unfortunately few in number). i like onett and all, but imho, it doesn't showcase everything that the game had to offer.

this includes ,and is not limited to:

2 kinds of desert areas.
a resort city next to the ocean
a haunted town
a giant swamp
a volcanic cave
a cloud city
a snow covered tundra
a secret alien base
Saturn valley (home of the Mr. saturns of course <3)
a huge underground valley with DINOSAURS!

DINOSAURS people!

KIDS LOVE DINOSAURS!:bubblebobble:
sorry you have to deal with what may be the biggest Mother series nut on the forums Fjord, my apologies!:laugh:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
i must sincerely disagree. but hear me out!
Earthbound had more settings than just a suburb. i mean, yeah Onett was where the adventure began and ended, but that's just IT. Unless someone plays the game, they have no clue what kind of adventure ness endured (and those who've played the game are unfortunately few in number). i like onett and all, but imho, it doesn't showcase everything that the game had to offer.

this includes ,and is not limited to:

2 kinds of desert areas.
a resort city next to the ocean
a haunted town
a giant swamp
a volcanic cave
a cloud city
a snow covered tundra
a secret alien base
Saturn valley (home of the Mr. saturns of course <3)
a huge underground valley with DINOSAURS!

DINOSAURS people!

KIDS LOVE DINOSAURS!:bubblebobble:
sorry you have to deal with what may be the biggest Mother series nut on the forums Fjord, my apologies!:laugh:
Woah woah woah but a lot of games have desert/snow/volcano/haunted levels etc. For rpgs the fact it is in america gives it a unique setting. See you have to think of what people think of when they first think of the game. (Also the only reason I believe saturn valley might not make it is because it would be a good stage for both lucas and ness, but if we get a mother 3 stage on the 3ds and an earthbound stage on the wii u that makes more sense. If only one version of smash was coming out I'd see saturn valley the most likely stage since it can represent both.) So you see your love for a series seems to be clouding your judgement. We haven't gotten a lava/snow/desert level for mario (Mushroomy kingdom kinda was desert but not like the typical desert level in mario) and I'd say those levels are much more famous than earthbounds levels of the same element. All of mother's stages thus far have been from the towns and cities and I think that represents the series fairly well (Maybe not as well as saturn valley would, but onett is pretty iconic in a similar way to how pallet town is iconic.) I never claimed earthbound was limited in any way its just the quirkiness is portrayed subtly and not every place in the mother franchise can have a stage. Does a pokemon level showcase everything about the game? A kirby level? A star fox level? Mario? Metroid? Not really. Mario would be the closest but even then he isn't just a 2D platformer anymore. Maybe kirby would be closer in some respect but even then I feel like the stages don't really show everything about kirby. Pikmin stages can't really show the unique gameplay of the pikmin games. Metroid is constantly given a lava/acid stage. So I think earthbound even getting more than one stage on a single version would be amazing and showcasing everything the game has to offer was the least of your worries. (Though I was speaking to a friend of mine and we were talking about what'd it be like to fight on the back of a semi truck with a flat trailer as it moved through the earthbound towns in order, but it never felt that earthbound-esque.)

grizby2

Smash Lord
but a lot of games have desert/snow/volcano/haunted levels etc. For rpgs the fact it is in america gives it a unique setting. See you have to think of what people think of when they first think of the game.
that's onetts problem, the game hardly revolves around onett. I mean, we didn't get pallet town yet. so.

So you see your love for a series seems to be clouding your judgement.
that's a low blow... my love for the series does NOT cloud my judgement. I am well aware that the mother series will not miraculously swell up with content for the next smash bros.
mother fans are low in number and quite rare, so when someone like me puts the facts about mother on the table, they tend to look like a mad man. :rolleyes:

I never claimed earthbound was limited in any way its just the quirkiness is portrayed subtly and not every place in the mother franchise can have a stage.
I was just saying that if they were to add a different level, they wouldn't be limited to just towns. I never said you claimed that yourself, I know you're not like that Fjord.:)

Does a pokemon level showcase everything about the game? A kirby level? A star fox level? Mario? Metroid? Not really.
actually pokemon stadium does a good job with showcasing. that's probably what i'd want in an Mother stage. heck, even if its like castle siege. lylat cruise did a good job too. Mario doesn't really need to showcase, I mean who here doesn't know him? so far, the Mario series imo is the only series that can get away with having specific places for stages. as for Metroid, I think the stages for that series are also well showcased but only in one respect, that it only gives away the dangerous places in the series rather than the calm and serene places.

---------------------

me and my pal were talking about stage uniqueness today.
new port aero drive was a racing stage, so was Mario circuit. that's 2 race tracks as stages. we had a distant planet and the rumble falls, 2 jungle stages. hyrul temple and castle siege... if I want to be technical, lylat cruise, final D, and spear pillar are all in space. flatzone and pictochat are both from handhelds XD.

what settings are missing from smash bros? it'd be cool to see a small list.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Castle Siege and Delfino were my favorites so definitely them, Bridge of Eldin was also pretty danged fun

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
that's onetts problem, the game hardly revolves around onett. I mean, we didn't get pallet town yet. so.

that's a low blow... my love for the series does NOT cloud my judgement. I am well aware that the mother series will not miraculously swell up with content for the next smash bros.
mother fans are low in number and quite rare, so when someone like me puts the facts about mother on the table, they tend to look like a mad man. :rolleyes:

I was just saying that if they were to add a different level, they wouldn't be limited to just towns. I never said you claimed that yourself, I know you're not like that Fjord.:)

actually pokemon stadium does a good job with showcasing. that's probably what i'd want in an Mother stage. heck, even if its like castle siege. lylat cruise did a good job too. Mario doesn't really need to showcase, I mean who here doesn't know him? so far, the Mario series imo is the only series that can get away with having specific places for stages. as for Metroid, I think the stages for that series are also well showcased but only in one respect, that it only gives away the dangerous places in the series rather than the calm and serene places.

---------------------

me and my pal were talking about stage uniqueness today.
new port aero drive was a racing stage, so was Mario circuit. that's 2 race tracks as stages. we had a distant planet and the rumble falls, 2 jungle stages. hyrul temple and castle siege... if I want to be technical, lylat cruise, final D, and spear pillar are all in space. flatzone and pictochat are both from handhelds XD.

what settings are missing from smash bros? it'd be cool to see a small list.

No I mean you love the series (As do most who know anything about it) so you want all these little touches that would be hard to cram onto one stage and still look aesthetically pleasing. It'd be kinda like new pork city but not as bad. (Even though you say the stage had no quirkiness I believe it did- the sign in the distance being one of them and it had a very cheerful feel.) Earthbound is known for its cute quirkiness that is kind of subtle and soft. It is also known as an RPG that's setting is the western world. No other game could offer a town and be super recognizable off the bat as well as pretty large within the game (The suburban/town settings.) I feel other stages kind of showcase their franchise but not to the level you want earthbound to showcase it. It is a great game and I would say mother fans aren't that rare or too low in numbers for an older game. But I will say yeah some stages could do with more love but Onett wasn't one of them. Brawl had a lot of more boring stages compared to the charm that onett had. Even just the way the sign on the drugstore fell... idk. To each their own. Onett is still one of my favorite stages.

Stages can be unique without being a whole different genre completely. Also Ice climbers seem to take the ice elemental stage and no other stages do (Yoshi's island has that winter bit I guess.) I hope the stages are very creative and true to their series this time around.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
I always loved the Bridge of Eldin stage, the motherland of glitches. I also would like Shadow Moses Island to return, but I'm almost doubting Snake will return. WarioWare and PictoChat were fun stages as well.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I really like flatzone, despite its chain grab material. Spear Pillar was definitely awesome too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well I just put in my votes. Though I voted for a lot of stuff. So no really need for me to list them all. That'd take up half a page.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I thought about the what I would say was my most favorite stage and I went with the Halberd. I found it strange that Kirby was relegated to only having one new stage.

I do wish each character would gets its own themed stage in addition to extra stages that are not affiliated with a particular character.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I voted Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, The Bridge of Eldin, Lylat Cruise, Spear Pillar Port, Town Aero Drive, Castle Siege WarioWare, The Summit, Skyworld, PictoChat, Hanenbow

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I voted for all since I like for them all to return( excerpt rumble falls and new pork city)

Rumble Falls, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Summit and Smashville were my favorites.

Stage themes that tend to get repeated should probably just return as past stages. For example, I'd rather they bring back Norfair than create yet another new Metroid stage with rising lava or acid. (By the looks of Pyrosphere, it may be too late.)

I would actually prefer Melee stages again. Ideally, the counterparts to the ones already reused in Brawl, plus Flat Zone and Icicle Mountain. And perhaps the Melee version of Battlefield and Final Destination, 'cause I'm nostalgic for them.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I liked the Zelda stages in Brawl. (It's going to be sad to not have Hyrule Temple anymore, IMO).

Others I'd like to see come back are Castle Siege and The Summit. Maybe also Lylat Cruise, especially if it returns with the ability to choose the awesome Assault version of Star Wolf's theme song.

Last edited:

negativeX

Smash Apprentice
Smash ville was fun and competitively viable so I voted for that and pictochat was simple and brilliant so that got my other vote.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pictochat was absolutely amazing, also Spear Pillar, Yoshi's Island, Luigi's Mansion, Port Town Aerodive, Pirate Ship, Bridge Of Eldrin...

pitthekit

Smash Ace
I am guessing hanenbow is perceived to be the most annoying brawl stage?

I enjoy every stage except for that one.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I liked a good portion of them, Brawl had many nice stages. I just hope the new Donkey Kong stage they pick doesn't scroll along like Rumble Falls does.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I know this is only partly related to the topic, but didn't Sakurai state that Brawl stages will not return?

Miss Fit

Smash Rookie
I didn't like very many levels from Brawl, waaay to gimmicky for my tastes. But I did really enjoy the Pirate Ship and Mario Circuit.

I hope Lylat Cruise returns in some way, its one of my favourites ever. And some N64 stages would be very appreciated!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well, assuming that wasn't stated than a stage I honestly expect to return would be Halberd. Has a SSE presence and...well I like it.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I'm surprised Yoshi's island got so many votes. I like it, and Yoshi is awesome, but its just so...lame. I feel like theres much better ideas for a Yoshi stage besides "medium platform with smaller platform(s) above it and small appearing platforms on the left and right".

(Seriously how was that idea used thrice for a Yoshi stage)

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm surprised Yoshi's island got so many votes. I like it, and Yoshi is awesome, but its just so...lame. I feel like theres much better ideas for a Yoshi stage besides "medium platform with smaller platform(s) above it and small appearing platforms on the left and right".

(Seriously how was that idea used twice for a Yoshi stage)
People like it because it's a stage with few effects and the slants can create interesting strategies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
People like it because it's a stage with few effects and the slants can create interesting strategies.
Okay, sure. But you only need a couple of stages with no effects in Smash. Battlefield, Final Destination, *Smashville, and (as far as we know), Wii Fit and Nintendogs stage don't have hazards. There really shouldn't be more "no hazard" stages than that. There are better stages from Brawl that can be brought back besides a "plain" one. (Haha, pun.)

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I voted for Frigate Orpheon because I think it's a bit underrated (not my favorite stage, but certainly not my least favorite), and because I doubt we'll get any new material from the Prime series. Brawl's Yoshi's Island was kind of dull in layout, but it's so visually appealing and true to the source game that I can't help but hope to see it again. Halberd's another good stage, and has an all-star tracklist of more hardcore Kirby music that wouldn't fit elsewhere, and as Meta Knight's homestage, it'd be a shame to not bring it back for Round 2. Smashville is just pure competitive excellence, Delfino Plaza is one of my favorite stages ever and represents one of my favorite Mario games, and Shadow Moses is pretty much the best location to pick for a MGS stage (though I suppose if we get Naked Snake, a MGS3 stage would be better). PictoChat's a good example of a gimmicky but still tolerable stage, and was pretty unique aesthetically. I'd like to see it return. Finally, Bridge of Eldin represents my favorite Zelda game, and despite being a general mess to play on, had an amazing atmosphere, good music, and was fun to goof around on when I had friends over.

I actually love the ideas of Hanenbow, 75m, and Mario Bros, but I just couldn't vote for them. If the same locations were updated with better layouts that were more conducive to actually having fun, I'd be the first one to join the bandwagon in support.

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
Whoops, ignore that. I'm a rookie cadet for a reason.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Okay, sure. But you only need a couple of stages with no effects in Smash. Battlefield, Final Destination, *Smashville, and (as far as we know), Wii Fit and Nintendogs stage don't have hazards. There really shouldn't be more "no hazard" stages than that. There are better stages from Brawl that can be brought back besides a "plain" one. (Haha, pun.)
The Wii Fit and Nintendogs stages are on two different games. And I for one prefer to have the chaos come directly from the combat and not the gimmicks.

Dairz

Smash Ace
The Wii Fit and Nintendogs stages are on two different games. And I for one prefer to have the chaos come directly from the combat and not the gimmicks.
I understand what you're saying. But if you want the chaos to come from the combat, why don't you just play on the gimmick-less stages? Of course you'll have to play on other stages for single player, or fighting some friends, but SP is pretty easy. And if you're playing with pals, it shouldn't matter what stage it is unless its fun.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I understand what you're saying. But if you want the chaos to come from the combat, why don't you just play on the gimmick-less stages? Of course you'll have to play on other stages for single player, or fighting some friends, but SP is pretty easy. And if you're playing with pals, it shouldn't matter what stage it is unless its fun.
Because fighting on the same two gimmickless stages gets boring and I like Yoshi's island.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Because fighting on the same two gimmickless stages gets boring and I like Yoshi's island.
Wait, are you saying that you like the PLAIN on Yoshi's Island?

Okay, okay, I'm done. I guess you have a point, its boring doing the same stages over and over again.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I picked all the non-cancerous stages.

So basically, no Mario Bros., 75M, Mushroomy Kingdom, Hanebow, or Rumble Falls.

But seriously, I would pay up to $5 each for all the stages from any past Smash game, including non-playable stages like Final Destination 64, Metal Caverns (the Metal Mario stage), Battlefield 64, various SSE and Melee Adventure Mode locations (especially the Brawl SSE Stadium), the 64 How to Play Stage, the Trophy Tussel stage, and the Trophy stages. No joke.

This includes all the stages I hate, too. I LOVE SMASH THAT MUCH!!!!

Top Bottom