• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Vote for your preferred Smash Bros DLC choices!

Who would you like to see as DLC for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U?

• Ice Climbers

Votes: 362 37.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 379 39.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 475 49.3%
  • Snake

Votes: 327 34.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 168 17.4%
  • Ivysaur

• Pichu

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 411 42.7%
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 293 30.4%
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)

Votes: 350 36.3%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 184 19.1%
  • Inkling (Splatoon)

Votes: 240 24.9%
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 230 23.9%
  • Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 182 18.9%
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario/Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 165 17.1%
  • Krystal (Star Fox)

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero)

Votes: 117 12.1%
  • Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 104 10.8%
  • Hades (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 108 11.2%
  • Bandanna Dee (Kirby)

Votes: 246 25.5%
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)

Votes: 179 18.6%
  • Ray Mk (Custom Robo)

Votes: 113 11.7%
  • Andy (Advance Wars)

Votes: 115 11.9%
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)

Votes: 128 13.3%
  • Kamek (Yoshi)

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • Lip (Panel De Pon)

Votes: 118 12.3%
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Votes: 109 11.3%
  • Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Votes: 77 8.0%
  • Rayman (Rayman)

Votes: 200 20.8%
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

• Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • Bomberman (Bomberman)

Votes: 153 15.9%
  • 4th Mii Fighter Archetype

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • Other...(character not on this list)

Votes: 331 34.4%

• Total voters

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I'd love to see:

1. Wolf
2. Impa
3. Dixie Kong / King K. Rool
4. Snake
5. Lucas

But my vote went to Wolf. :wolf:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Roy: I want him to come back from Melee, for reasons likely listed by many people before me.

Pichu: same as above, though I do believe he could be changed for the better while still keeping his core mechanic of damaging himself with Electric Type Moves. It could be something like his Electricity being his strongest moves for KO's, but also damaging him in return. Plus adorable, I need no other reason.

Impa: Could be unique, maybe. Zelda has a lot of potentional fighters and movesets, especially after Hyrule Warriors.

Krystal: Simple, really. Her staff would automatically write her moveset for her.

Bandana Dee: Cute, Spear could be unique, and a fourth Kirby rep. Do I seriously need to explain more?

Reyn: Cuz it's Reyn's time to shine. He'd be pretty different from other heavyweights, having an actual weapon that seems completely original to the universe he's from.

4th Mii Fighter Class: Honestly, I would love to see a magic based class. Some might argue that the Gunners have this covered, however that's simply not true. Having a gimmick similar to Zelda with nearly every move (such as Aerials) having strongest points and weakest points. Though one wonders whether the weapon would be a staff or something else, such as a wand, or just fists. Maybe even a different class all together. No matter what, it'd be pretty awesome. And having only three classes is rather limiting. Especially the tech-like movements of the Gunner destroying any "magic" feel it has.

Chase

Smash Ace
Everyone on that list except Snake, Roy, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, Tetra, Hades and Reyn.

Other meaning Ridley, F-Type, Doshin, and Porky.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The Brawl vets, K. Rool, Inkling, Impa, Lip, Mach Rider, Isaac, and Andy have my votes.

Layton too, but I doubt anymore third parties past Snake.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I'd like Gengar too, i didn't expect someone could mention him!

I guess he fits more with Pokken, though

Grovbi

Smash Rookie
Characters I'd prefer to eventually see as DLC:
Lucas
Snake
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Isaac
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Bandana Dee
Ivysaur

That's all I can think of, at the moment anyway. I wouldn't mind if Roy, Squirtle, and Pichu returned though so that all veterans could be back. :p

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Wolf but make his specials different like let him toss knifes or do Kano balls or a midscreen laser from his eye...:chuckle:
Have Leon and Panther bomb the stage for his FS smash.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My votes were King K. Rool, The Boy Roy, Inkling, Impa, Wonder Red and Bandanna Dee.

I chose King K. Rool since after joining the Kutthroats, I thought he should get his chance now, being the last member of the Big Three (King K, Mewtwo and Ridley), and being a unique newcomer for the Donkey Kong series.

My Boy Roy is obvious: I wanted him back since the beginning, and I'd love to see him in his Awakening design.

Inkling would be cool as a DLC fighter, doing the Boy Roy manoeuvre, joining the battle before her own game to give players a taste of the world of Splatoon.

Bandanna Dee's spear would really liven up the Smash Bros roster, and adding a unique Kirby character that represents both the traditional Kirby enemies and the new copy abilities the series has available. (Also the spear is something we've never seen before in Smash)

Wonder Red was also one of my wanted characters since Wonderful 101, and I thought he had the right opportunities. Now that trophies mean nothing and that there is Wonderful 101 music in the game, I'd say his chances as DLC would be very interesting.

Impa is really just for a unique Zelda newcomer, and her appearance and gameplay in Hyrule Warriors shows that she's more than capable enough to hold her own on the battlefield.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
For veterans, here ' s what I want to see come back to be fair to the fans for DLC.
-Wolf
-Lucas
Newcomers:
-Krystal
-Impa
-Dixie Kong or King K. Rool

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
K Rool- First a villian in a game where we need more. Second a heavyweight in a game where we need more. Third a unique character with great history and personality and one of the most requested characters. If we only got to have one character i would choose the king and i would be elated.

Other than that would love wolf lucas and ivysaur back. Pico for some f zero representation. Dixie kong would be another nice addition and would also be happy with Isaac.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I voted for Isaac (Golden Sun needs and deserves a playable rep), King K. Rool (for a series that has been around since the first Smash, it deserves more than just two reps), Lucas & Wolf (cut veterans I want) and a 4th Mii Fighter class.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Wow, there are certainly a lot of my choices that I want for DLC on that list.

Anyways as for who I voted for:

Ice Climbers, Pichu, Roy, Isaac, Wonder Red, Inkling, Impa, Captain Toad, Black Shadow, Medusa, Chorus Men, Mach Rider, Reyn.

Also for others: Fiora, Henry Fleming (STEAM)

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Snake.

I didn't buy Brawl because Mewtwo was cut. Now that he will return I will buy SSB4, so I will love to have a chance to play has Snake.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd like to make an announcement.

In the event that we get more characters, and one of them are on this list, a new Poll thread will be made with a similar list, having that character removed.

For example, if Wolf becomes DLC, he will be removed and the Poll will be restarted.

Results as of 7:07 PM Eastern...

TOP 10)
K.Rool
Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Snake
Bandanna Dee
Impa
Chorus Kids
-----------------
Inkling
Wonder Red/Chorus Men

Everybody else (no disrespect. just short on time!)

I don't necessarily count Other for this post, as the characters falling under "Other" are extremely diverse. However, I will take note of the characters you guys want for future polls. Thanks for the input everybody! LET'S GET MORE VOTES!!!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman is literally the only DLC character I absolutely want. If he gets in, I don't care who else does.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Results as of 7:07...

TOP 10)
K.Rool
Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Snake
Bandanna Dee
Impa
Chorus Kids
I'm surprised and delighted that Lucas is in the Top 3!
I wonder if it's the vocal EarthBound fandom doing what it does, or if Lucas actually does have his fans in the smash crowd. I sorta assumed the EarthBound characters weren't that popular, having spammable projectiles, unreliable/odd recovery, shout the names of their moves and place rather low on the tier lists.

StormC

Smash Hero
I must admit I'm surprised at how low Snake is, considering how hyped up and popular he was in Brawl.

And weren't a lot of people complaining about Wolf in Brawl? It's Mewtwo all over again.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I must admit I'm surprised at how low Snake is, considering how hyped up and popular he was in Brawl.

And weren't a lot of people complaining about Wolf in Brawl? It's Mewtwo all over again.
He's popular, but there are SOME people who don't think he fits(:troll:). I'm just glad he's almost top 5. He probably won't get into Top 5 territory considering the vets aren't going anywhere, and K.Rool and Isaac have always been top picks.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Yeah, it's surprising that people want Wolf back with such demand! Can't blame them, Wolf's a lot of fun in Brawl, even my third main, so I was a little upset he didn't make it back.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Unless they are going to completely revamp Wolf and Lucas, I can't see them being back as their special moves are on Fox/Ness as customs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd liked to suggest Geno if another poll gets made. He used to be incredibly popular during the pre-Brawl period (like Krystal), but then fell substantially during the pre-Smash 4 period, but he still has a few fans that would like to see him in (like me).

Last edited by a moderator:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'm kind of confused by the lack of Pokemon and Fire Emblem options. Both franchises are known for their wide range of characters (or species, for the former), and yet the only ones from either franchise on the poll are veterans. Wouldn't it make sense to include decently possible characters like Sceptile, Scizor, and Mienshao, or Anna and Micaiah?

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
It's my personal dream, but I'd love to see Sir Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins).

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Unless they are going to completely revamp Wolf and Lucas, I can't see them being back as their special moves are on Fox/Ness as customs.
Part of me wants to rant about how aside from the specials, they're pretty much unique characters and how Ness' custom moves based on Lucas' specials are either nerfed or don't mesh with Ness' playstyle, but another part of me thinks that most people probably don't care.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I voted for
  • Ice Climbers
  • 4th Mii Fighter
  • Professor Layton
  • Mach Rider
  • Ray MK
  • Medusa
  • Black Shadow
  • Inkling
  • K.Rool
  • Wolf
I want to make some notes:
  • It makes no sense to say "Ray MK". The MK is short for "mark". You'd say "Ray Mark Two", not "Ray Em Kay".
  • I don't want Black Shadow: I'd rather have Deathborn, but that's no going to happen and Deathborn is close enough.
Also, if there WERE a 4th Mii fighter, what kind of fighter would it be? I want that, but can't think of anything. Magic user?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You mean like how Pit and Dark Pit have the exact same moves? Or Mario and Dr. Mario? Marth and Lucina?

Really now.

Lucas and Wolf were already very unique by their standard moves alone, but if the existing clones can share all of their custom specials with the original, then there's no reason Lucas and Wolf can't come back exactly as they were before.

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
I'm kind of confused by the lack of Pokemon and Fire Emblem options. Both franchises are known for their wide range of characters (or species, for the former), and yet the only ones from either franchise on the poll are veterans.

Maybe it's because there are already so many Fire Emblem and Pokemon characters in the game. Although I really would like to see Hector from Fire Emblem 7 or any other axe wielding character... so many swords.. not one axe :<

Btw - voted for Isaac and Impa

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm kind of confused by the lack of Pokemon and Fire Emblem options. Both franchises are known for their wide range of characters (or species, for the former), and yet the only ones from either franchise on the poll are veterans. Wouldn't it make sense to include decently possible characters like Sceptile, Scizor, and Mienshao, or Anna and Micaiah?
I don't think any of those characters are even decently possible.

D

Deleted member

I don't think any of those characters are even decently possible.
Well to be fair, this poll is not about what's likely, but what we want to see. A suggestion should be made off of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I voted for Isaac and Krystal. Couldn't care less about the other characters.

Top Bottom