• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POLL: Vote for your preferred Smash Bros DLC choices!

Who would you like to see as DLC for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U?

• Ice Climbers

Votes: 362 37.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 379 39.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 475 49.3%
  • Snake

Votes: 327 34.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 168 17.4%
  • Ivysaur

• Pichu

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • King K.Rool (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 411 42.7%
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)

Votes: 293 30.4%
  • Isaac (Golden Sun)

Votes: 350 36.3%
  • Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)

Votes: 184 19.1%
  • Inkling (Splatoon)

Votes: 240 24.9%
  • Impa (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 230 23.9%
  • Tetra (The Legend of Zelda)

Votes: 112 11.6%
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 182 18.9%
  • Paper Mario (Paper Mario/Super Mario Bros)

Votes: 165 17.1%
  • Krystal (Star Fox)

Votes: 208 21.6%
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero)

Votes: 117 12.1%
  • Medusa (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 104 10.8%
  • Hades (Kid Icarus)

Votes: 108 11.2%
  • Bandanna Dee (Kirby)

Votes: 246 25.5%
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)

Votes: 179 18.6%
  • Ray Mk (Custom Robo)

Votes: 113 11.7%
  • Andy (Advance Wars)

Votes: 115 11.9%
  • Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo!)

Votes: 128 13.3%
  • Kamek (Yoshi)

Votes: 93 9.7%
  • Lip (Panel De Pon)

Votes: 118 12.3%
  • Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Votes: 109 11.3%
  • Reyn (Xenoblade Chronicles)

Votes: 77 8.0%
  • Rayman (Rayman)

Votes: 200 20.8%
  • Bayonetta (Bayonetta)

• Professor Layton (Professor Layton)

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • Bomberman (Bomberman)

Votes: 153 15.9%
  • 4th Mii Fighter Archetype

Votes: 154 16.0%
  • Other...(character not on this list)

Votes: 331 34.4%

• Total voters

Lenbo

Smash Rookie
For Other:

Ryu (Street Fighter)
Monster Hunter
LEGO Man/Woman

Would be really cool to see Ryu and a Monster Hunter character, since they represent some of the most popular games Capcom has right now.

A LEGO character just seems like a natural fit for Smash Bros. So many possibilities for moves.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
I voted:

-King K.Rool: My most wanted character and the most deserving character who is not yet featured in the game.

-Ice Climbers: With Mewtwo being added as DLC, they are my most wanted of the cut veterans. If they can't use the AI properly then they should just put them in as a single character, with Nana being half the costumes & Popo being the other half.

-Dixie Kong: Donkey Kong has my favorite cast of characters out of all the Nintendo games, so any new fighters from DK would be great. And with other series getting so much representation DK really deserves at least 4 reps.

-Inkling: Looks like it has potential for very unique move set. Plus I really like the design of the female Inkling. It would have been weird to put this character in when the game hasn't come out yet, but as a DLC promotion for the game it would be great. Like buy Splatoon get Inkling character in SSB for free.

-Black Shadow: Probably extremely unlikely at this point. He SHOULD have been given ganondorf's move set. Oh well maybe we can get Black Shadow as a slow Link clone. Ah ha ha.

-Bandanna Dee: I would prefer Whispy Woods as lot of Ivysaur's attacks could be adapted for him. But Bandanna Dee is more likely and would be a good 4th Kirby rep. which the series deserves.

-Kamek: Would be awesome, he is in my top 20.

-Other:
There is a lot of characters I would like to see in Smash Bros., most don't have a chance.
From the Mario games:
-Jr. Troopa
-Koopa Bros.
-Tubba Blubba
-Boom Boom
-Hammer Bro.
-koopa troopa
-Wart
-Mouser
-Il Piantissimo
-Spike
-Birdo

From the Donkey Kong games:
-Cranky Kong
-Funky Kong
-Tiny Kong
-Lanky Kong
-Chunky Kong
-Dread Kong
-Ninja Kong
-Karate Kong
-Sumo Kong
-Cactus King/Ghastly King
-*Any Kremlings

From the Kirby games:
-Whispy Woods
-Lololo and Lalala
-Paint Roller
-Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright
-Yarn Kirby
-Adeleine
-Prince Fluff
-Ribbon

From the F-Zero games:
-Black Shadow
-Samurai Goroh

From the Pikmin games:
-One of the new captains that can throw rock & winged Pikmin.

From the Metroid games:
-Ridley

From the WarioWare games:
-Jimmy T.
-Kat and Ana
-Mona
-Orbulon
-Dr. Crygor
-Dribble and Spitz
-9-Volt

From the Legend of Zelda games:
-Skull Kid

From the Pokemon games:
-Professor Oak
-Team Rocket(Jessie, James, Meouth)
- A New Pokemon Trainer (Either that swaps between Pokemon like the old one or that fights as a person and can throw Pokeballs as a timed charge attack.)
-*There are a bunch of Pokemon I would except as well. (Probably around a fourth of them.)

Guest Characters:
-Banjo Kazooie
-Viewtiful Joe
-*Micky Mouse or any of the Disney characters that had a game on the NES.
-*Anyone from Killer Instinct on the Super Nintendo.
-*Anyone from Soul Calibur 2 (Link does not count)

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Captain Toad, Captain Toad, Captain mother****ing Toad. Let's finish getting all the main Mario characters in this game, so we can focus on other things next game.

Like Paper Mario, Waluigi and Kamek

Also Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee and Impa(who has blown me away in Hyrule Warriors way more than I expected) from personal favourites, but also Isaac who I think genuinely needs to get in this time or we'll never see any Golden Sun love.

D

Deleted member

Wolf: The only cut that I actually cared about. I like Wolf and I love his moveset in Brawl since it was completely original. It was a major shame that he got cut and I'm very worried for his future as DLC since his specials are now Custom Moves for Fox.

King K. Rool and Dixie Kong: The franchise is one of Nintendo's most major and it had a successful reboot. Why the series didn't get a 3rd rep is outright confusing to me. I would be content if we got either one of them.

Captain Toad: Toad is one of the last remaining Nintendo all-stars that has not made a playable appearance in Smash. Since Sakurai has made it clear to use that he can't really do anything with Toad with his treatment in the past few games, I want the shroom to gain a victory by being DLC.

Hades: Is there a lot of Kid Icarus content? Yes. But screw it! It's freaking Hades! One of Nintendo's best villains!

Bandana Dee: This is the only character that I'm actively supporting. I want a couple characters yes, but I have been involved with his DeeLC movement. I had an Elite Four consisting of Shulk, Robin, Little Mac, and Bandana Dee; I got three of them, but I didn't get my fourth. I am a bit worried that Sakurai himself will be a preventing factor since all of the Kirby stages that we currently know about come from his games, not any of the newer ones. I am hoping that he'll make it in...

Reyn: I chose this since it was an option. NOW IT'S REYN TIME!

Bomberman: An impossible dream that likely won't come true.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The feeling when there are no Metroid characters... I personally think there is 1% chance of it happening, but goddammit, I want Super Metroid Ridley, the Original one, as the boss is a clone. If Link can do it, then I don't see why Ridley shouldn't

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Voting Bandana Dee! He's my number 1 pick, haha. I also think Dixie and Isaac have a good chance. As well as the cut veterans

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
Voted for the following:

Ice Climbers: supposedly scrapped due to 3DS constaints, I personally don't care that much for the duo. They are, however, completely unique in how they play and appear to be liked a lot by most people. I can only imagine how much hype they'd generate when their return would be announced, I think it would be fantastic.

Captain Toad: or just Toad, for that matter. A Toad character is pretty much all that the Mario series is missing; he's such a recognizable face and playing with him would be awesome in my book. Captain Toad does have the "I can't jump"-problem, which makes his inclusion in Smash a bit harder - but it could translate to a small heavyweight, which would be pretty new in Smash, I think.

Dixie Kong: Donkey Kong as a series got the shaft in Smash 4. I personally think Dixie would be the best new character for Donkey Kong as she'd better portray the current direction of the series - and between her monkey posture and long, blonde hair, I think she could be a great in-between character between Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

Bandana Dee: I honestly have no idea why I like Bandana Dee so much. I mean, he's as cute as a button. Simply by wielding a spear he'd play vastly different from any character on the roster; he'd have disjointed hitboxes, but they'd operate much different than the swordwielding cast: you don't swing a spear around but you poke with it.

Wolf: should've just returned from Brawl, in my opinion. Gameplay-wise he operates much more different from Fox than Falco does, and I think his role in the Star Fox series is more important, as well. He should've gotten in over Falco, I'd say (and this is coming from someone who mained Falco in Melee). Cutting Wolf? Can't let you do that, Sakurai.

Lucas: has, for some reason, grown on me a lot since he was announced for Brawl. Perhaps it's simply because I cannot stand original characters that are cut - or it's simply because I like Lucas a lot. Partially because he's superflashy and fun to watch in Project M, but also because his character is pretty awesome; there is so much synergy with Claus in his story - and I'm a bit of a sucker for stuff like that.

King K. Rool: because Donkey Kong got shafted. I'd personally opt for Dixie, but King K. Rool is a fine choice as well, for old time's sake.

Chorus Men: just seem very interesting to me. I must admit I have never played a Rhythm Heaven game (because my sense of rhythm is abhorrent), but translating a rhythm-based character to a Smash game just sounds very intriguing. When they were mentioned in the Gematsu leak I had no idea what to think of it - but it just sounds pretty cool now.

Mach Rider: only because of the crazy synergy he could have with Captain Falcon in my head. The two are similar in character; Mach Rider could very well be Falcon's spiritual predecessor. Falcon is very flashy and arguably the posterboy of Smash and a character that plays similar but dissimilar (so not a clone) would just be incredible in my book.

I'd put the last two characters in my signature as well, but there's no proper 3D model I could find of them.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Wolf: One of the few characters I think is sure for DLC. He already has the least cloned moveset(including specials) with quite the popularity, and most importantly, has a new game on the horizon. The reason why Wolf was cut is probably due to Star Fox not getting a game in years, thus making him less relevant back when the roster was decided. Now? Not so much.
Lucas: I didn't use him heavily or anything, but he's still one of the most original clones out there. And Mother will probably never get a third rep beyond him, so yeah. Why not.
Roy: Not that I expect him to be DLC, not after Lucina already making it in, but Roy was one of my favorite characters back in Melee, and I still use him in PM now and then. While I would understand if he didn't make it and won't make any fusses, I'll throw in a few dollars if he's DLC.

As for newcomers...
King K.Rool: DK needs a third rep. It simply needs one. I don't think anyone will defy that. The real question is, who? Personally, I decided to go with K.Rool, for simply being unique. I'm pretty sure that yeah Dixie can be pretty unique in her own rights, I think K.Rool would be a better pick. There really isn't a character like him, none that I know of at least.
Issac: Perhaps the most wanted AT promotion after Little Mac, Issac currently has no presence in Smash 4 as of the moment. Which is pretty darn stupid, since he hails from a portable franchise, and has every right to be in Smash 3DS...unless he's being saved for DLC, right? It's the most logical explanation. If he still happens to be a measly AT after all this wait...I don't know what to think.
Paper Mario: To be honest, I don't expect any Mario characters to be DLC for Smash 4, not after 7(8) of them in the game. But there still is a part of me that wants this flat version of our world-famous plumber. I'm glad that we got a stage, but I happen to be greedy, so I can afford a few bucks for my hero.
Lip: Currently my second most wanted(excluding veterans), I still don't understand why we haven't even seen a trophy of her. While her game was never released overseas, the little fairy and her franchise still managed to capture the hearts of many gamers in Japan, and I'm sure that at least Tetris Attack/Puzzle League did the same for players worldwide. The franchise can still go for another round, and having Lip in Smash 4 as DLC would be a great step.
Ray 01(Though any Ray would be okay,really): With Robin and Mega Man already in the game, Ray surpasses every other character on my wishlist, and for good reasons too. No AT in the 3DS(his last game was handheld), five game franchise, fair popularity, and potential for unique gameplay. While he isn't as popular in the States when compared to Japan, I know people are going to love him if he comes to Smash.

Some other characters that were not on the list:
Vaati, Dark Matter, Marshal, Sukapon, and Isa Jo

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I work until about 3:30 PM my time, but if I get the chance later I'd like to start up a tier list based on votes. So far we've gotten a lot of results, so I like what I'm looking at here.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
My first choice would be Ice Climbers. I was mad that they made it into Brawl and were not cut, but I started playing Ice Climber (VC) a bit later on. I feel as that Ice Climbers is the series that is unrepresented that deserves a slot the most, over any other character or series.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I pick:
All the cut Brawl characters: They all deserve to be there.
Wonder Red: This is one of my favorite games ever. It would be a dream for him to be in Smash.
Captain Toad: Why is he not here in the first place?
BD: It's flipping Bandanna Dee, why would not pick him.
The DK characters: They really need a new character.
I forgot to click on the choice but I would also pick Impa as I feel she is in next in line as a Zelda rep.

Last edited:

King Donkey Kong

Banned via Warnings
Squirtle (Bias of my favorite pokemon)
K.Rool/Dixie (DK deserves another rep...KI with 3? wut)
Isaac (plsplspls)
Paper Mario (Would be cool, he has a stage already!)
Layton (unlikely but I would probably be more hype for him than Mewtwo, and i love Mewtwo.)
4th Mii (Mage!)

Oh and of course It's Waluigi Time!!!

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder Red: My number one choice for DLC.

Rayman: Probably the only third party besides Snake with a chance. (Plus he's awesome.)

Bayonetta and Medusa are the other two I put votes for. I know they don't have a good chance though. :(

Bomberman has no chance. :(

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
All of the characters that had over 100 votes at this point (Dixie, K. Rool, Isaac, Snake, Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf) would be good additions via DLC. Personally, I think combining them in one large DLC package along with an additional 3 clones/semi-clones is a good way of selling additional DLC.

Edit: My mistake, I thought Snake had over 100 votes at the time I made this post. But regardless, I want him in.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'd really want Snake to be DLC. His trap game in Brawl was the most unique play style in the game.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
My votes

Ice Climbers: Absolutely necessary in my opinion. The 3DS version took them away from us, but they were otherwise planned to be in the game. DLC should attempt to rectify this in any way possible, even if it means separating them and/or limiting them to the Wii U version. I think there should only be two DLC characters: Mewtwo and Ice Climbers. Those are the only characters I think are absolutely necessary. They should be the first DLC character(s) after Mewtwo; the highest priority.

Wolf: I don't particularly care about Wolf, and I think he was a sensible cut, all things considered. But if they can manage to bring him back as DLC, then that's just great for all of his fans. He's already been playable in Brawl, so bringing him back isn't really asking for much, and I can't imagine it'd be that taxing.

King K. Rool: My most wanted new character, I'd love to see him show up in any form. I'd rather just see him front and center as a Smash 6 newcomer, but DLC would be a pleasant surprise.

Dixie Kong: Another DK character I'd love to see join the playable ranks, if she ends up as just a Diddy semiclone, I think DLC would be a better route for her than to wait until the next Smash. We need another Donkey Kong character, so I wouldn't really complain if she gets released as DLC.

Isaac: Would rather have him as a newcomer next game, but he's seriously long overdue. Isaac fans have waited for far too long for this character. DLC is the least they could do.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
King K. Rool - I was really hoping he'd be a new DK rep in the base game. He's such a fun character and has a ton of stuff to pull from, so it'd be neat to see what the team can do with him.

Isaac - I'll be honest, I've never played Golden Sun, so this one's for a friend of mine. Although a big point in his favor is how he's weirdly missing as an assist (or even a normal trophy).

Wonder Red - I thought he had a real shot at it, being a new Nintendo IP and bringing some more silly campiness to the game. Seeing his deconfirmation in that pic of the day made my stomach absolutely drop.

Inkling - Probably the neatest character design Nintendo's ever come up with and they have the potential to be a really solid zoner like Duck Hunt, except by slowing or being able to escape quickly via their own ink. Also, the orange-haired girl could be the default with some others as alts, kind of like Villager.

Bandana Dee - A lot of people say we have too many Kirby characters, but I feel like BD would round out the series perfectly, being a highly promoted player character (Return to Dreamland, presumably Rainbow Curse) or side-character (Megaton Punch and Triple Deluxe) with a moveset that's mostly done thanks to the Spear ability in RtD. He'd also bring a Marth-like quality, in that the body of the spear probably wouldn't do as much as the tip.

Chorus Men - These guys got me into Rhythm Heaven. Had it not been for the Gematsu leak, I think a lot of people would have overlooked these super adorable little guys and the super difficult game they come from.

I feel like they have a shot, even if the same issues that prevented Icies prevented them, as they could work as a single 'unit' with multiple character models (which would hopefully be the sketchy, shaky-lined drawing style they have in RH for both authenticity and - hopefully - framerate stability).

I'd imagine them having a bit of a rhythm gimmick, with their specials, and maybe even some normals, rewarding well-timed button presses with either more damage or bigger range.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Votes:

Snake: Deserves to return. Without him, Mega Man and Pac Man would be the first third parties. Snake started the trend and it is a disrespect to cut him.

King K Rool: His vast amount of support amazes me. My amazement was boosted when the CEO of Retro followed the Twitter account. Would love to see him.

Wonder Red: Speaking as someone who hasn't played W101, he looks awesome. His design and personality remind me of Viewtiful Joe, who I absolutely adore.

Hades: He's a freaking gold mine of awesome. A perfect villain rep. Don't use the sizes argument either.

Rayman: ONLY a trophy? Come on! He deserves better!

Other: My niche wishes that won't happen; Rundas and Sylux(Metroid).

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
He didn't deserve to be cut he had original normal moves and frankly I think it will be very stupid if he doesn't return.
:popo:
Complete original Move-set and gameplay style plus they are two time vets
:wolf:Basically the same as Lucas plus the fact we need more villains.
Isaac: He's been my number 1 since the start.
King K Rool: We need more villains an a new DK Rep plus his voice in the cartoon cracks me up
Reyn: Oh look the meme I have going continues again :3 Reyn Time Baby.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I was indifferent to the cuts so of course i didn't vote for them, i have a soft spot for the IC's tho, but they'll be back eventually so i felt like there was no need to vote for them (imo the only cut vet that would actually come back). As for the others: The mother series is dead, lucas' customs on ness, yep. If konami wanted snake he wouldn't be at last resort DLC lol. 6 pokemon, we just got mewtwo there's no way we'll get squirtle or ivysaur c'mon. Wolf is the only one out of the cut vets that could make it in, but....I doubt it. Just explaining why I didn't vote for em even though at the beginning i wanted no cuts, but they were unavoidable I suppose.

Krystal: Some of Wolf's moveset is in custom, and fox has a palette of him, so yeah. She can be the uniquest of the 4 with an awesome killik/seong staff moveset, with an energy bar archtype that depletes after using specials, but earned back when attacking opponents, thus making her an aggro character.

Bandanna dee: Yup, I love me some kirby, his moveset is there, he's popular... not much else to say other then he's also easy to make.

Other: Shantae, cause a shapeshifting character would be cool, too bad its not that strong as a franchise yet, but hey, I like the character.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Most wanted (bolded if not on the poll):
Ganon - original pig/beast form. He's been in tons of the Zelda games, and the early games (especially the original and Link to the Past) should have more representation. (Arguably none of the current lineup represent those games.)
Sami from Advance Wars (not Andy - his only advantage was being a bit more prominent, but that vanished when he was demoted to just an unlockable in Dual Strike).
Isaac
Ray - custom moves mean he could finally be represented well.
Simon Belmont
Black Mage

Others I'd like:
Captain Toad - I voted for him, but it's really Toad I want.
Paper Mario
Mii Wizard
Black Shadow - I'd love another over-the-top character yelling out their moves; I think Captain Falcon's enduring popularity in Smash should get another character from his franchise in, even though F-Zero hasn't done anything in a while.
Professor Layton
Ryu (from Street Fighter)
Mach Rider

I'd also like one more character from Fire Emblem, someone to represent the GBA games (which currently have no representation). Ideally it'd be Lyn promoted from an Assist Trophy; Roy would be my second choice, if and only if his game was translated and released outside Japan first. Otherwise I'd want Eliwood & Eirika, either as a single character with an alt costume or two characters with only slight differences.

I didn't vote for Lucas, and don't particularly want him - unless Mother 3 sees an international release. If it does, I'd love to see a pack with him and the Masked Man. (Another psychic kid doesn't do much for me, but a psychic kid with a lightning sword, arm cannon, jetpack, and wings? That sounds neat.)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The fact that Bandanna Derp has more votes than Snake makes me wonder if half the people who voted even play Smash games.

Snake was easily the best designed character in Brawl. IN BRAWL! That game was the most flawed Smash game ever, and his design and execution was still fantastic. That's something even the most ardent Brawl haters will and do admit: Snake was awesome in Brawl, and is awesome for Smash (especially if you want something other than no name middle weights from Kid Mediocreness who bore and camp you to death).

The crazy thing is Snake hasn't come close to his full potential either.

And you want a Waddle Dee with a Spear more than the best newcomer since Fox (since Falco was basically 64 Fox) and Marth in Melee=???

A character who was designed better than any of the other Brawl newcomers or the Smash 4 newcomers, and is more unique than any of them=???

:facepalm:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My vets were Lucas, Snake, Wolf, & Roy.

As for newcomers, I'll include some quick comments on most of them...

*Isaac - He's a pretty cool contender from a franchise yet to be represented, was a commonly requested AT in Brawl to become playable, and has the potential for a great moveset.
*Medusa - Favorite Kid Icarus character.
*Rayman - Love the franchise, and one of the few remaining solid third-party choices I can think of.
*Bayonetta - This is determined on the success of the game on the Wii U in terms of general sales.
*Paper Mario - This'd make up for that horrendous 3DS stage.
*King K. Rool - Good choice for a villain, particularly for the Western gamers.
*Dixie Kong
*Ray Mk
*Other (Sami, Fiora since she's a more cool choice than Reyn, & Shantae)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The fact that Bandanna Derp has more votes than Snake makes me wonder if half the people who voted even play Smash games.

Snake was easily the best designed character in Brawl. IN BRAWL! That game was the most flawed Smash game ever, and his design and execution was still fantastic. That's something even the most ardent Brawl haters will and do admit: Snake was awesome in Brawl, and is awesome for Smash (especially if you want something other than no name middle weights from Kid Mediocreness who bore and camp you to death).

The crazy thing is Snake hasn't come close to his full potential either.

And you want a Waddle Dee with a Spear more than the best newcomer since Fox (since Falco was basically 64 Fox) and Marth in Melee=???

A character who was designed better than any of the other Brawl newcomers or the Smash 4 newcomers, and is more unique than any of them=???

:facepalm:
The thing is that snake is a character that doesn't really fit and most people thought he would be cut anyway

Burigu

Smash Ace
I know this is not actually controversial but why is Kamek even in the list?? He is in both Smash Run and in the NSMBU stage in the Wii U version?? yes anyone can say that the enemies in Smash Run are actually generic MagiKoopas but the trophy you get actually says Kamek so why a confirmed character with a role like him is even in the list?

And don't confuse my question with "bashing" Kamek Yoshi's Island is one of the best games ever in the history of videogames I am just wondering why consider Kamek for the poll with 2 confirmed roles while other characters with confirmed roles aren't in the poll??

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The thing is that snake is a character that doesn't really fit and most people thought he would be cut anyway
I get most people think he would be cut, but "doesn't fit"=???

Any character that isn't from Mario/Donkey Kong/Yoshi/Wario Land/Kirby doesn't "fit" (especially non-platformers characters; so that's every Zelda character but Link in Zelda II, all the Pokémon, F-Zero, MOTHER, Animal Crossing, Retro, Fire Emblem, all Kid Icarus characters but Pit in Kid Icarus 1 [and Of Myths and Monsters], and Star Fox characters), Super Smash Bros. is actually Super Mario Bros. (and sort of Kirby) but with fighting game elements.

So that'd mean of the current 52 characters, only Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Bowser, Peach, Bowser Jr., Rosaluma, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi, Link, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Pit, Mega Man, and Sonic "fit". That's 21 characters.

Snake already was in Brawl, and he did amazingly well in Brawl. He was head and shoulders above every newcomer. He's still head and shoulders above those Brawl newcomers, as well as those Smash 4 newcomers.

The problem is people here are so hard for Nintendo (a corporation; corporations don't care about you, sorry) that they hate anything that has most of its' titles not on Nintendo consoles. That's ironically where a lot of the Pac-Man hate came from, and back from 2002-2007 where most of the Sonic hate came from.

Fanboyism (as I define it, "the belief that one company or way of thinking is right and everything else is wrong based on your fan preferences") is real, and it sucks.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I get most people think he would be cut, but "doesn't fit"=???

Any character that isn't from Mario/Donkey Kong/Yoshi/Wario Land/Kirby doesn't "fit" (especially non-platformers characters; so that's every Zelda character but Link in Zelda II, all the Pokémon, F-Zero, MOTHER, Animal Crossing, Retro, Fire Emblem, all Kid Icarus characters but Pit in Kid Icarus 1 [and Of Myths and Monsters], and Star Fox characters), Super Smash Bros. is actually Super Mario Bros. (and sort of Kirby) but with fighting game elements.

So that'd mean of the current 52 characters, only Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, Bowser, Peach, Bowser Jr., Rosaluma, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Yoshi, Link, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Pit, Mega Man, and Sonic "fit". That's 21 characters.

Snake already was in Brawl, and he did amazingly well in Brawl. He was head and shoulders above every newcomer. He's still head and shoulders above those Brawl newcomers, as well as those Smash 4 newcomers.

The problem is people here are so hard for Nintendo (a corporation; corporations don't care about you, sorry) that they hate anything that has most of its' titles not on Nintendo consoles. That's ironically where a lot of the Pac-Man hate came from, and back from 2002-2007 where most of the Sonic hate came from.

Fanboyism (as I define it, "the belief that one company or way of thinking is right and everything else is wrong based on your fan preferences") is real, and it sucks.
I get your point but Snake is from metal gear, a series that is dark, realistic and almost always on sony console, him being in an E10 party fighter doesn't really work, He worked in brawl due to the games visual style and Teen rating but even then he looked somewhat out of place

But let's just agree do disagree and as @Scoliosis Jones said not derail the topic

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm happy that Bandana Dee is 4th for most wanted DLC newcomer.

Its makes me really happy there is so much support for him! :D

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
How many Metal Gear games have you played?

If Ganondorf and Samus Aran can stand next to Pikachu and Kirby, Snake fits in just fine.
It's still more realistic then most characters in smash bros, you seem to be forgetting that samus is an intergalatic bounty hunter with bird DNA

awesumsauce1

Smash Rookie
I voted Reyn, Bayonetta, Wolf and Other (Melia from Xenoblade preferably, but part of me wants to see Groose)

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I'll preface this by saying I'm pretty darn happy with the Smash Bros roster as is (barring one purple exception) but still think this is a really fun/worthwhile topic, given the shock waves Mewtwo sent through the Smash DLC theorist communities. That said, here's my list:

1. King K. Rool: As a Ridley supporter, I've always felt a kind of empathetic bond with King K. Rool and Isaac fans, given all three of those fan bases' long wait to see their respective characters added as playable in Smash Bros. But sentimental feelings aside, I think the KING would be an absolutely awesome addition to smash. His movepool is almost limitless (to say nothing of the hilariously awesome presence he'd add to Smash just by being himself!). The King is first for me.

2. Isaac: Same reasons as above. Isaac is an awesome character from woefully underrepresented franchise. He's also got the potential for a great moveset. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing Isaac as DLC sometime down the road.

3. Inkling: Everything I've seen from Splatoon looks absolutely awesome, and adding the cute little Inkling to Smash would be an awesome way for Nintendo to help launch the game. Everything about this character just screams 'Put me in smash!' but there have been other characters that have been that way too that never got added (Chibi Robo anyone?) Anyways, if I can't have Ridley, K. Rool, or Isaac, I'd be MORE than happy with Inkling!

4. Rayman: Because why not? Always loved Rayman and his very existence as a trophy made me happy.

5. Other: Ridley (I'm not delusional, just have rather *large* dreams of grandeur), Fiora, Mawile (Pokemon) and Peppy from Starfox (particularly if one of his B moves included something about doing a barrel roll).

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
Snake fits as much as Zero Suit Samus in my opinion I mean...

If it were about the looks then I'd even say he's... more appropiate

If it were about the story Zero Suit Samus is a space bounty hunter, that's some fantasy going on for her favor , I mean besides her being a Nintendo character , She isnt just part of a "generic shooter"
(I don't know too much besides that)
I don't know if she's serious or a fun character but anyways...

Snake isn't just some military guy and MGS isn't just some action game "a la " Call of Duty

I mean just look at this:

He's a clone of the best Soldier that ever existed in an alternate history were he fights Cyborg Ninjas , a guy that controls bees , a super human that shoots lighting bolts from his arms , gigantic super robots , a guy that got possesed by another guy's hand ,a vampire and hell even the president of the united states was a boss at some point

[collapse=videos]
It is silly

and it is serious

[/collapse]

the only serious thing about MGS is the story and the only real thing in MGS are the guns , but the character of Snake is awesome and badass

[collapse=Videos Just to give examples]

Funny

Badass
[/collapse]

It is a nice contrast

Last edited:
Top Bottom