• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll should brawl have a story mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nope. Sakurai and his team don't need to waste time on making a story mode when they have more important things in Brawl to make.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
a story mode ofr brawl sounds like a great idea, then we'll know everything about the game!.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Story Mode... You mean, a mode with an actual story? No thanks, ridiculous crossover fighting games like Smash don't need such a thing. It would take away from its awesomely wacky style.

Sensai

Smash Master
An Adventure Mode I'd go for, and that's probably what you mean. But like an actual plot would just not feel right in the frantic action which is sure to be Brawl.

You mean like our normal Adventure Mode now...but better, right?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Adventure Mode = Story Mode without spoken dialogues that tell the story. I like Adventure Mode this way, we shouldn't have a deep-going story for the game. Well, it could be neat but Brawl is just about kicking ***, not about how the characters need to save the world from Master Hand or something like that. So not a yes, but not a no either.

tappy

Smash Ace
Adventure Mode = Story Mode without spoken dialogues that tell the story. I like Adventure Mode this way, we shouldn't have a deep-going story for the game. Well, it could be neat but Brawl is just about kicking ***, not about how the characters need to save the world from Master Hand or something like that. So not a yes, but not a no either.
yeah, i agree with that^^^^

a story would be kind of neat, but that's not really what smash bros is about....

Chipman

Smash Cadet
Just keep the cutscenes that keep track of "travel" from game world to game world to game world (like Zebes blowing up and blasting you to dream land), but make a "last boss", which will be a slightly edited version of the character's villain. (Link vs. Ganondorf or Mario vs. Bowser)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Nope. Sakurai and his team don't need to waste time on making a story mode when they have more important things in Brawl to make.
No U!

Sakurai said that "Since SSB64, we have wanted to make a more engaging single
player mode, but as deadlines drew near, the Single Player mode became very Slapdash.
I think now that since we have more time on brawl, look forward to seeing a more
robust single player mode."

Or something along those lines. I think it was in ONM or something.
So I say heck yes to a better single player, possibly with story.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Yes, but only if it is more interesting.

There should be a different story for every character. Sakurai said that there should be a more interesting story mode.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
the way im thinking is that story mode can have adventure like stuff but more to it it can be longer or shorter it just depends on what path u take heck it might even end up being a Original character involved. Why cant there just be a story mode i cant see why there shouldnt be one it'll and more for u guys that are bored of adventure mode or anymode at that.

icymatt

Smash Lord
If they must, I hope it's barebones (I.E. Thingy X is doing stuff, stop him!). Trying to formulate an actual plot for this game will only lead to lameness.

I like the way they've handled the series story-wise so far: the whole game is a big fantasy.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
exactly so why cant they ELABORATE on it so what if its lame still needs a story if its a flantasy why cant they at least do the story mode for fun how would u know if its lame or not^_^ I plused repped u icymatt.

Link-101

Smash Apprentice
Well as we all know, in the 64 smash brothers, all the characters were just mere toys that somebody was playing with. I think they COULD integrate a story mode into Brawl but that doesn't mean that they should. It's a good idea though, it would spice the game up rather than just stages 1-8 or whatever on classic 1 player.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I say yes to story. It has been 6 years since Melee. Nintendo has had 6 years to think about what to put in brawl. 6 years to make it better. I think they should include as many features as possible.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I think differnt game modes are nessacary, but I am afraid they would ruin it if they made a story mode. (all hoping they don't if they do make a story mode).

I think that they should work on the characters first,stages, single player, items, mulitplayer, trophies and other extras, then the tournament mode and other modes.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
so your saying that the What if Story mode was in it would ruin the game.....but they have other modes to they just need to add it so they can at least pick up som gamers who like stories or what not its not an entirely bad idea if alot of people say Yes story mode would be good for single player mode itll make the game a Wii bit more fun don cha think :D

Nekorion

Smash Apprentice
I think a very short cutscene of the master hand prepping the next enemy/stage is all that is needed in between matches in classic mode

In adventure the very short area cutscenes are done fine and don't need any sort of improvement. honestly, thats all the story I'll ever need.

The entire cast of characters is fake, they're dolls on 64 and figurines on the cube, I doubt we'll see much more to add in brawl.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
yea but itll be fun just to have a story mode just to see how and why there dolls or figure trophies and how they come to life u actually proved a little to my point Neko ^_^ More and more people say yes Good......... Good :D

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Their kinda was already a post about this (at least one). A lot of people were saying that story mode is a stupid idea back then, now it seems about even. I like the idea of a story mode because some people like to get involved in a game like that, so if their was a story mode, it would make more people want to play it in theory and hopefully bring more people into the picture of this game which is worthy of "best game ever" status in my opinion. Ultimately, as happens to every game, the story mode would get old and everyone would eventually revert to multiplayer or a new game. But it would add to it and make it better in my opinion. People who don't like it don't have to pay attention I guess and can probably skip whatever cutscenes or whatnot.

In the other post, we were talking about having character specific bosses, too. Hopefully the roster will include enough villains that we could have a boss character for everyone and it could be a specific story for each person (not too indepth). Like that other person was saying, just a beefed up version of their biggest foe from their own game universe that the character is from. I think it would at least make adventure mode more fun and less repetitive having to play through it 25 times with each individual character and all.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Their kinda was already a post about this (at least one). A lot of people were saying that story mode is a stupid idea back then, now it seems about even. I like the idea of a story mode because some people like to get involved in a game like that, so if their was a story mode, it would make more people want to play it in theory and hopefully bring more people into the picture of this game which is worthy of "best game ever" status in my opinion. Ultimately, as happens to every game, the story mode would get old and everyone would eventually revert to multiplayer or a new game. But it would add to it and make it better in my opinion. People who don't like it don't have to pay attention I guess and can probably skip whatever cutscenes or whatnot.

In the other post, we were talking about having character specific bosses, too. Hopefully the roster will include enough villains that we could have a boss character for everyone and it could be a specific story for each person (not too indepth). Like that other person was saying, just a beefed up version of their biggest foe from their own game universe that the character is from. I think it would at least make adventure mode more fun and less repetitive having to play through it 25 times with each individual character and all.
Yes i Love you god now someone REALLY understands What Your boy Zesu is Talking About.:) :) :) :)

Sensai

Smash Master
TDub301 said:

The problem with having a story that ties it all together is that it would be hard to pull off in the Nintendo world, especially with these people. Look at Samus and Ganon. They're from two polar opposite worlds, sharing nothing in common. It's hard to cross that gap. I'm not saying that they shouldn't try (I have faith in Nintendo), but it would be difficult.

As for character-specific Adventure Modes, I say a big hell yes to that.

Chickenboy666

Smash Ace
Konuk, you've played JSS so you can understand my idea better than anyone here (except for those who have played JSS too, heh heh heh ...)

Well, my idea is like this:

You begin as a new original character who discovers a trouble in the Videogame world. He runs to search his best friend: Kirby!!! and the hero pair joins Mario and starts to battle the villains like Ganondorf and Bowser. In some part of the plot, a space cataclysm bring Samus and the Star Fox characters to the planet in question.

The story continues, while you unlock some characters you NEED to unlock to continue the story (Luigi, Marth, i don't know), you need to make it through some extra adventures or defeat bosses with a specific character or condition in order to unlock the not-so-predictable characters (Demille as example).

That's only my idea and opinion, heh heh heh ...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
OMFG THIS GUYS A FREAKING GENIUS TOTALLY 100% of what im trying to tell u guys it would work so much better if brawl had there own orignal charcter. Its Like Event mode WITH adventure mode and that = STORY MODE Plus rep For u CB666

beebee

Smash Apprentice
Konuk, you've played JSS so you can understand my idea better than anyone here (except for those who have played JSS too, heh heh heh ...)

Well, my idea is like this:

You begin as a new original character who discovers a trouble in the Videogame world. He runs to search his best friend: Kirby!!! and the hero pair joins Mario and starts to battle the villains like Ganondorf and Bowser. In some part of the plot, a space cataclysm bring Samus and the Star Fox characters to the planet in question.

The story continues, while you unlock some characters you NEED to unlock to continue the story (Luigi, Marth, i don't know), you need to make it through some extra adventures or defeat bosses with a specific character or condition in order to unlock the not-so-predictable characters (Demille as example).

That's only my idea and opinion, heh heh heh ...
OMG that is a really good idea. I would definatly play it.:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom