• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #8 - Would You Buy SWF Gear?

Would You Buy SWF Gear?

• Yes, at a reasonable price

Votes: 89 31.2%
  • No, I'm not really interested

Votes: 57 20.0%
  • Maybe, I'd have to see the goods first

Votes: 139 48.8%

• Total voters

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
It'd have to be a pretty good shirt. Maybe a funny saying or something. The less lame looking the better (i.e. pokemon = no).

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Hmm, Toomin, do you think we'd have to change the logo though, since it has the SSB logo in it? I don't think they could pin us for using a giant hand (you can't really copyright a 3D hand, can you?), but for the logo...I dunno. Though, I kind of like having it in there, because that way if you meet someone who doesn't know about SWF (but if that's the case, why would you even want to talk to that n00b?) but knows about SSB / SSBM, he can relate.

Double N Dann

Smash Journeyman
SUNY cobleskill... where kids get 3 stocked 3 on 1
Bibbed said:
It'd have to be a pretty good shirt. Maybe a funny saying or something. The less lame looking the better (i.e. pokemon = no).

pokemon own you. dummy.

and this about this "themed but not using anything real" merchandise... it may not be such a bad idea. something like: SHINESPIKE!!!1! (with the one included) and other things such as "i will 4/5/6/7/123 stock you.

sorta reminds me of the MLG shirts that say "no johns" and "owned".

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
I would love to buy SWF Gear but it all depends on the items available. I am all for that shinespiked shirt though :)

Dio_Setera

Smash Cadet
I'd like some neat shirts, like a "No Johns's" shirt or something similair. Or "Keep it real with the low tier." I've been saying that a bunch lately. Kirby is my main.

But yeah, I'd need to see some stuff/ideas first.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Kokichi said:
Hmm, Toomin, do you think we'd have to change the logo though, since it has the SSB logo in it? I don't think they could pin us for using a giant hand (you can't really copyright a 3D hand, can you?), but for the logo...I dunno. Though, I kind of like having it in there, because that way if you meet someone who doesn't know about SWF (but if that's the case, why would you even want to talk to that n00b?) but knows about SSB / SSBM, he can relate.
The easiest way to find out is simply to ask. We'd have to ask anyway.

And I do enjoy the "Shinespiked!" one. Perhaps without the obligatory leet "1" attached at the end. Perhaps inside an ambiguous blue hexagon. Not Fox's shine, but you still know what it is. :p Something like this:

I would buy that shirt. :p

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
What about "4 STOCK'D!" (homage to Homestar Runner with the 'D thing...at least, I think that's where it originated from...)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A shirt. On one side "Wha wha wha wha wha" And the other "The sound of the Wavedash"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sky, try wavedashing with Mario (either one) Luigi, Marth, ect.

Handorin

Smash Hero
ZMan said:
How about a T-shirt that says: Wavedashing is hot!
I would definetly buy one with that :p

but all the Tshirts have smashforums.com on it

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Kokichi said:
What was the origin of "No John's", btw?
I know this one!

"No Johns" was coined by Texas' own, Crystal City. When we first played them they were saying all sorts of crazy stuff, like "Lalo," "That's a like," "Downhits!", and, of course, "No Johns."

It comes from their friend -- named John -- who would always give an excuse why he lost. For instance, "My controller isn't working right." We all know somebody like that :p

I don't know how they did it, but somehow when Crystal City went to one of the TGs, Mattdeezie and the rest of the nation fell in love with "No Johns."

Skywalker

Space Jump
Definitely. I'd be doing for supporting SmashBoards, but still . . . having a tee-shirt making fun of McFox's lame web browser would be great!:laugh:

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Are you actually going to decide weither or not to do this based on the results of the poll, or is this just a poll for fun to see what people think? I would probably buy one if they weren't too expencive. I would definately buy them if I could get a custom shirt type thing. Like the logo on the front and the player's name on the back.

pdk

Smash Lord
i would pay to see what happens to people wearing it at evo2k

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I know this one!

"No Johns" was coined by Texas' own, Crystal City. When we first played them they were saying all sorts of crazy stuff, like "Lalo," "That's a like," "Downhits!", and, of course, "No Johns."

It comes from their friend -- named John -- who would always give an excuse why he lost. For instance, "My controller isn't working right." We all know somebody like that :p

I don't know how they did it, but somehow when Crystal City went to one of the TGs, Mattdeezie and the rest of the nation fell in love with "No Johns."
There must be a pretty mad John out there, lol. :laugh: To have a derogatory term like that named for you... actually, maybe he's pretty thrilled, lol.

In response to this thread, I thought it would be cool if SWF sold some kind of badge, for smashers to wear (like on their chest) that disignates them as a smash player. That way, if you went to like, a fair, and you're wearing yours, and you see some other guy wearing his, you could get to meet him and talk about a game you're both familiar with. You wouldn't have to worry about washing it like you would a clothing article, and you could put it on any shirt you wear. It would be a nice way to run into players, because otherwise, you could walk by a great player and have no clue. SWF could also sell patches, that you sew onto your backpack for the student, and bumper stickers for the driver. What'd'ya think? Would you buy one?

Spacecadet

Smash Cadet
This would be excellent if employed. The badge seems kinda..I don't know how to really say this...unnecessary, but a shirt, or bag, or hat of some sort would be really sweet. A shirt with "SHL FTW" (where did I see that?) or like a play on song lyrics and such using smash terms... like "Shine on you crazy Shiner"

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The only smash merchandise that i would buy is if the made some customizable "Air Force One's"(shoes) out of them that I could wear them when I go to tournament events

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'd totally wear a SWF t-shirt to every tourney I attended. It'd be a good way to break the ice even with some players, just by wearing the shirt.

Top Bottom