• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #14 - When Will You Retire From Competitive SSBM?

When Will You Retire From Competitive SSBM?

• Retire? Pfft, never!

Votes: 148 36.2%
  • Maybe eventually, but not for a long time.

Votes: 214 52.3%
  • I plan on retiring pretty soon.

Votes: 24 5.9%
  • I'm already in the process of retiring.

Votes: 15 3.7%
  • SSBM? Who plays that old game anymore?

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
never.

haha, you see, my theory is, if everyone quits before me,

well.

Mike Haze > all.

:D

anyway. in all seriousness, i'll probably be done after when revolution comes out..college is too time consuming ><

Mario_Vega

Smash Cadet
ultimately i wouldnt, atleast not until the next smash comes out, then SSBM would become only occasional... then i'd start to rule with mario on the new one ^_^

edit: typo

fluffy

Smash Champion
Hydro Kirby said:
Typical n00b.

Don't hate because you suck.
yea..ur right maybe i am a noob. wait a minute! :joyful:
how do u know what a n00b acts like? maybe cuz idk. ur 1? im just sayin yo. just sayin. :rotfl:

kittie, hence i use the words probably, would, most likely, and my jew 2 cents would make it an opinion. i dont need no proof for an opinion yo.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I only put "I plan on retiring pretty soon" b/c the Rev (apparently, the Wii) is coming out soon, and I believe that the new SSB game will be "totally awesome", maybe even to the point where it replaces SSBM... Nah, that could never happen. Unless... :confused:

I can't wai any longer! Hurry up with the SSB3! On second thought, take your time and make it X360-PS3 kickin' GOOD!!! :p -OYM

ffeJ

Smash Rookie
I'd probably retire when I beat that pompous Samus player Mike Nasty. DOWN WITH THE NASTINESS.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok...i'll try toe calm...
losing control...
"WHO THE **** SAID 'SSMB? WHO PLAYS THAT GAME ANYMORE?'!?!?!?"
IF U R ANYWHERE NEAR WHERE I LIVE I WILL SEEK U OUT AND KILL U WITH MY LINK, NEIGH, MY PICHUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR MY MARTH!!!!!!!!!!!"

IM DONE

Zeke_

Smash Journeyman
Retiring.... never, smash is a pastime and if werent for smash I probably would have nothing to do all the time, plus it keeps friendships.

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
I basically have. I play alot of Stadium now though.

And WTF at people sayin SSBB won't replace SSBM? That's the biggest load of crap I've heard in awhile. Up there with Samus is a guy and Marth is a woman.

therealink

Smash Cadet
Well I'll pry play SSBM still a bunch with mah friends, and maybe go to some tournys here and there, but I'll keep playin till the end.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I think what he means is retiring from Smash in general. For myself, I've always been a sort of casual player, so I don't revolve around it or anything. I'll most likely stop when I get a life... jkjk, most likely when I get out of college and get married. And I'm only 14, so I still got a ways to go :)

Peaches

Smash Lord
I play with others. Since there's no one to play with I'm practically retired.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I won't be considering retiring until I'm deep into Brawl and thats all I play, and that is a long way off. Because even when Brawl is out I can still see myself straying back to Melee occasionally. But I'd say when all the people I know have Brawl and I get Wi-Fi then I'll leave competitive Melee and go to competitive Brawl.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I'm not by any means as hardcore as Ken, but it'll be a while before Melee gets neglected to my closet.

Kenuru

Smash Rookie
Never for me. I'll continue playing Smash, 'cause that's one of the few things in life I can safely say I'm somewhat good at. xD
Plus, tournaments give incentive, what with bragging rights, prizes, and all...
I have a feeling Smash Brothers: Brawl will render Melee obsolete, too.

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
Well, i dont really want to retire, but i know it'll happen when Brawl comess out, for the same thing happend to me and SSB64.:(

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Will never retire...It's just not in my style to quit.
I've played years with no human competition since the 64 days, there's no way I'm retiring once I've finally found 3 friends to Smash with. People who consider retiring may realize that they'll never be as good as their friend, no one else is playing (yeah right) , or they just happened to find something better to do.

...Or they got a girlfriend.

tappy

Smash Ace
just thinking of retiring makes me feel sad.....:(:chuckle:

not really;) but still, i'll play it as long as i can. it's too good of a game to quit, one of the best ever.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
Never.

Even after I get Brawl, I'll still keep playing SSBM every now and then. I'll never be able to let go of this game.

tappy

Smash Ace
Thanks for the interpretation, I coudn't figure that one out myself.
okay, well if you still dont understand it then i'll say it again, "yeah, that probably goes for alot of us. it's the highest poll option for now."

there, i hope everything's very clear for you dear.:rolleyes:

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
What? Never! SSBM is like Street Fighter 2 to me. I'll be an old head *still* playing competitively, or when my kids are in their rooms asleep.. ;>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom