• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #12 - Cheapest Character?

Cheapest Character?

• Doctor Mario

Votes: 8 0.6%
  • Mario

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Luigi

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Bowser

• Peach

Votes: 199 15.7%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 5 0.4%
  • Donkey Kong

• Captain Falcon

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Falco

Votes: 86 6.8%
  • Fox

Votes: 134 10.6%
  • Ness

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 52 4.1%
  • Kirby

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Samus

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • Zelda

• Sheik

Votes: 325 25.7%
  • Link

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • Young Link

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Pichu

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • Pikachu

• Jigglypuff

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • Mewtwo

• Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 9 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 276 21.8%
  • Roy

Votes: 13 1.0%

• Total voters

Cort

Apple Head
Fox EASILY. I'm really people would think Peach is even slightly cheaper, all because of her fancy down smash which isn't even that amazing on 95% of characters.

Fox has easy 30-40-50 and even 60% combos he can perform on many many characters, and that is with barely any effort. And not to mention his shine, woops.

Think people >_> Cheap and Good are completely synonymous in this game. Why do you think Fox is top of top tier?

Gran Smasher

Smash Journeyman
Fox EASILY. I'm really people would think Peach is even slightly cheaper, all because of her fancy down smash which isn't even that amazing on 95% of characters.

Fox has easy 30-40-50 and even 60% combos he can perform on many many characters, and that is with barely any effort. And not to mention his shine, woops.

Think people >_> Cheap and Good are completely synonymous in this game. Why do you think Fox is top of top tier?
Cheap and good are not the same.
Cheap implies easy to pull, good don't.
That's the difference.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm surpised Falco is as low as he is and Fox is actually higher.
1. Falco>Fox
2. Fox takes way more time to be good with

Cort

Apple Head
That's the difference.
You don't understand, Fox has extremely easy to pull combos on pretty much every single character, especially the other top/high tiers. A "cheap" moveset will end up being a "good" character simply for the potential that character has. And not to mention his any % shine spike, which doesn't require THAT much skill to perform as it just comes down to timing when to press "down and b"...

Cheap and good are completely synonymous in this game. Just think about it.

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
If by chu dat can't win with any other characters you mean he can pwn people with pichu & G and Watch then you would be correct. Or multiple other characters.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
Windmill of Fury

Well, i think this poll is officially obsolete... Thanks to somoene who did something with Samus *Cough* Cra$hman *Cough*... Windmill of Fury.... BOW DOWN BEFORE IT!!! :laugh:
Well, i would say shiek anyways... Because shiek is a cross dresser >.>

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
If by chu dat can't win with any other characters you mean he can pwn people with pichu & G and Watch then you would be correct. Or multiple other characters.
Exactly why I'm a n00b. I would have to see how he does with all the characters in order to accurately assess him; unfortunately, I have only seen one video of him with Pichu, and all the others use ICs. From what I've seen, he is only pro level with the ICs. His Pichu is great, but not that great.

Gran Smasher

Smash Journeyman
Let me analize

You don't understand, Fox has extremely easy to pull combos on pretty much every single character, especially the other top/high tiers. A "cheap" moveset will end up being a "good" character simply for the potential that character has. And not to mention his any % shine spike, which doesn't require THAT much skill to perform as it just comes down to timing when to press "down and b"...

Cheap and good are completely synonymous in this game. Just think about it.

Well, your point is that cheap and good are exactly the same.
To demonstrate it, you said "A "cheap" moveset will end up being a "good" character simply for the potential that character has."

With that, your saying that "cheap" implies "good". But it doesn't means that "good" implies "cheap", so, they can't be synonymous.

Chewbacca35

Smash Cadet
I know a lot of people are going to disagree, but Captain Falcon is the cheapest. He's good, but that's why he's so cheap. Every one of his attacks are super-strong. Not to mention he's fast and can jump high.

That's just my two cents.

Gran Smasher

Smash Journeyman
I know a lot of people are going to disagree, but Captain Falcon is the cheapest. He's good, but that's why he's so cheap. Every one of his attacks are super-strong. Not to mention he's fast and can jump high.

That's just my two cents.
You too are saying that cheap and good are the same: "He's good, but that's why he's so cheap"

Read my two previous posts:

That's the difference.
Well, your point is that cheap and good are exactly the same.
To demonstrate it, you said "A "cheap" moveset will end up being a "good" character simply for the potential that character has."

With that, your saying that "cheap" implies "good". But it doesn't means that "good" implies "cheap", so, they can't be synonymous.
Also, "jumping high" is the last aspect one should considerate to catalog a character as cheap.

adonnis85

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, i'm going with Link in the hands of an expert. I got tired of playing with Fox even at the 9 difficulty because the computer seems to be getting easier and easier. So a few days ago i was browsing through the web and i'm reading this strat guide over Link. I pick up the controller and started to play with him and to my surprise, i completely oblitirated the AI with him(boomerang does about 17 damage by itself, also; grab opponent, throw them against the ground, quickly do Up B*spin*). The dude also has two smashes just in case you miss the first one. In sudden death, all you have to do is shoot arrows and opponents go flying. His range with the grapple move is even better than Samus'. Not much to cover on the little bombs, eventhough their damage is decent. Overall in my opnion, Link wins it when it comes to cheapest character. 2nd would be Fox. If you need a little more convincing try the AI on 9 against him one on one. Then go to super sudden death and go one on one. Time set 3 minutes.
how could you have made 1200 posts and still have absolutly no clue about this game... are you just making posts and not reading any of the ones that have come before you? I'm sorry but no, link is not cheap. if it is the first time you played the game and someone kills you 4 times with his up b you might think it is cheap but then you realize that it has ALOT of lag and it leaves him vulnerable from above. he is comboed to hell by just about everyone. now if you said marth sheik or PEACH yeah, they can be pretty **** cheap

Gran Smasher

Smash Journeyman
**** yeah!

how could you have made 1200 posts and still have absolutly no clue about this game... are you just making posts and not reading any of the ones that have come before you? I'm sorry but no, link is not cheap. if it is the first time you played the game and someone kills you 4 times with his up b you might think it is cheap but then you realize that it has ALOT of lag and it leaves him vulnerable from above. he is comboed to hell by just about everyone. now if you said marth sheik or PEACH yeah, they can be pretty **** cheap
Finnaly, someone who understand me! Dude, I was as surprised as you when I saw the amount of rep points that guy has and "still have absolutly no clue about this game".
Here´s some rep for you!

SloT

Smash Journeyman
lol @ the 4 people who called DK Cheap... That is pretty freaking funny! And also Pichu.... even more people calling a bottom tier character cheap... lol

Gran Smasher

Smash Journeyman
You're right

lol @ the 4 people who called DK Cheap... That is pretty freaking funny! And also Pichu.... even more people calling a bottom tier character cheap... lol
This happens because this isn't the back room. There are people who got the game yesterday and they feel they have enough knowledge to say a character is cheap

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Anyone who think's Fox is cheap doesn't know their ****. Fox is good (best character, in my opinion), but he's also easily the hardest character to truly master. The other majority votes are pretty accurate, though. Shiek, Peach, and Marth are near the top of my cheap list. (And I'm not biased - I use Mario, not Fox).

Its-ah-me

Smash Cadet
Shiek has been banned from every tournament i've been (3). I dont see many weakness in her, and the very small one she has are almost nothing in the right hands. Flawless character, IMO.

everlasting yay

Smash Ace
Holy ****. Sheik is not that cheap. You people who say she's cheap have never been to a tournament or even PLAYED a good Sheik. Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and say she's cheap, not knowing wtf you're talking about. It's quite irritating to see people who have little to no knowledge of the game saying these things.

If you want to talk cheap, play a Peach. Spam crouch cancel -> down smash and you win.

Gran Smasher

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****. Sheik is not that cheap. You people who say she's cheap have never been to a tournament or even PLAYED a good Sheik. Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and say she's cheap, not knowing wtf you're talking about. It's quite irritating to see people who have little to no knowledge of the game saying these things.

If you want to talk cheap, play a Peach. Spam crouch cancel -> down smash and you win.
**** right. Unexperienced people usually talk like they know a **** about this game. Every character becomes non-cheap when they are at the highest level. Sheik just looks cheap on nOOb matches. Whoever says Sheik is cheap, has only played noobie Sheiks!

Chewbacca35

Smash Cadet
Well, it's impossible for someone to be cheap and bad. Pichu is bad, and he's not cheap. Captain Falcon is cheap because all the noobs pick him and just keep on using Falcon Punch and his side B move.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Its-ah-me said:
Shiek has been banned from every tournament i've been (3). I dont see many weakness in her, and the very small one she has are almost nothing in the right hands. Flawless character, IMO.
Pft, what a bunch of weaklings.....

ThE_BaTmAn

Smash Lord
ok, here we go. I main Marth, and I agree that he has cheap qualities, but he is no where near rigged. not gonna be a noob on the sticks owning folks with Marth. But peach on the other hand is as rigged as they come. sure marth can combo her, but its fuking gay trying to kill her. unless you get a random tipper or get crative, peach will live. shiek...when I was bad at this game, I thought she was god like everyone else did. But now that I'm pretty **** good its all about space animals now.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
this kind of turned into whos the best and why. i thought it was more of the cheesiest caricter, i picked ness because he's a terrible charicter that you can't take seriously. i think goodwise tho marth is cheapest, he hides behind his sword with an incredible no hit box or w/e its called and even if he just keeps pressing a standing still and has some air game you can't touch him, his only weakness is his jumping, deff cheap.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm surpised Falco is as low as he is and Fox is actually higher.
1. Falco>Fox
2. Fox takes way more time to be good with
^^^
I got neg repped for this

Um...where to start....
It's a fact that Falco is better than Fox and takes less time be good with than Fox....as any pro Falco/Fox player...it's pretty simple to understand alone.
Also...I have a life, thanks lol. I'm not the one searching through old posts and neg repping people- you fail sir.

Gran Smasher

Smash Journeyman
^^^
I got neg repped for this

Um...where to start....
It's a fact that Falco is better than Fox and takes less time be good with than Fox....as any pro Falco/Fox player...it's pretty simple to understand alone.
Also...I have a life, thanks lol. I'm not the one searching through old posts and neg repping people- you fail sir.
You're obviously right, I'm giving you some rep to compensate what that guy did.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
^ ty Gran Smasher and Sharm

???? @ smashboards

Remember guys, I didnt' even state that Falco is better than Fox, I just said he's cheaper because he requires less to own. Then again, most experienced players tell me that Falco>Fox....

where's Mew2king and PC Chris when you need them >_>

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Most of the people who voted never stepped foot in a competitive tournament. I guess we have to just accept that :p

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
No character is really cheap, just rather annoying. Peach is definetly the most annoying character other than Jiggs. Screw them and their gay recovery.

Some people should just step up or shut up, no character is cheap. Playing style is a big deal in this game, playing a defensive marth against a falcon that is all about combos, the marth will probably lose. like F&F said, those who have never went to a competitive tourney and truthfully don't know anything they are talking about.

Lucas The Lefty

Smash Apprentice
i disagree, i think that there has to be some chaicters that are easier to pick up with and ones that are harder, not every harder charicter to play as becomes better then the easier one eventually, thats not the case. annoyance dose come into play too and is a huge part, especially when the cheap charicter uses the same move repeatedly just because it blocks your attack. some charicters are cheaper then others but non are so extreamly bad that your considered cheap for useing them

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Most of the people who voted never stepped foot in a competitive tournament. I guess we have to just accept that :p
Neg repped for this post ^

1. Why did you even care enough to neg rep me?
2. Why couldn't you just ask the question here on the thread?
3. I simply made a ****ing statement...which is true....why bother with the neg rep?

lol @ smashboards

Top Bottom