• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #1 - Who Do You Primarily Use?

Who Do You Primarily Use?

• Doctor Mario

Votes: 62 4.1%
  • Mario

Votes: 36 2.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 44 2.9%
  • Bowser

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Peach

Votes: 74 4.9%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 37 2.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 71 4.7%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 47 3.1%
  • Falco

Votes: 187 12.5%
  • Fox

Votes: 161 10.8%
  • Ness

Votes: 29 1.9%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 47 3.1%
  • Kirby

Votes: 25 1.7%
  • Samus

Votes: 81 5.4%
  • Zelda

Votes: 15 1.0%
  • Sheik

Votes: 85 5.7%
  • Link

Votes: 93 6.2%
  • Young Link

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Pichu

Votes: 12 0.8%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 42 2.8%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 13 0.9%
  • Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Marth

Votes: 211 14.1%
  • Roy

Votes: 40 2.7%

• Total voters

Shariadarow

Smash Apprentice
Link all the way!
Interesting, Link is the fourth most popular in this poll.
On another note, I don't ever use the c-stick, I prefer the regular smashes and direction attacks, the c-stick just gets in my way.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
No. Your name will always stay the same, you'll keep your custom avatar and your custom title.

Luigi+Roy+C.F.+Falco=Domination, I guess than when I get a premium membership, eventually, I'd be willing to give you a name change. I'll PM you when I get one.

EDIT: I'm not too terribly good at Melee, but it's hard to believe that Falco is beating Fox.
Ok... well, would you happen to have a Premeium Membership now? because people are starting to get angry at me because of my name:urg:

Blood Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I thought fox would be used much more, nut mrth s ahead and falco is right with fox, how unexpected.
yeah, same here. i heard of alot of ppl use fox. although some dont main fox, they still use them as secondarys and theyre still pretty good with him. if it was 'who do you use' in general, as a main or as a secondary, a lot more ppl would say Fox.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
I chose Kirby. Even though I'm being more Fox oriented by the day. Marth totally ***** the poll by the way.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
From my experience, a lot of people tend to trend away from Marth as they become more experienced. For me, it was the exact opposite, lol.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
From my experience, a lot of people tend to trend away from Marth as they become more experienced. For me, it was the exact opposite, lol.
It depends, as I got better I kind of drifted towards him a bit more, I don't main him but I do use him alot when playing against people I know Roy will get demolished by (which can be a fair few judged by some opponents I've faced)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
It depends, as I got better I kind of drifted towards him a bit more, I don't main him but I do use him alot when playing against people I know Roy will get demolished by (which can be a fair few judged by some opponents I've faced)
It's true, it does depend, but a lot of times I've noticed how a player will start out with Marth and then find another character they like and use them instead. Marth really does have a lot of immediate appeal though, and whether you stick to it or not as you get better is up to the individual.

TerrorStar

Smash Rookie
I usually play Luigi because I got used to him a while ago and then stopped playing but my friend plays constantly so I have no chance unless I use him.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
It's true, it does depend, but a lot of times I've noticed how a player will start out with Marth and then find another character they like and use them instead. Marth really does have a lot of immediate appeal though, and whether you stick to it or not as you get better is up to the individual.
Yeah, Marth is just one of those characters I suppose. People will play him because he is a powerful character, but some people will find someone else who is more fun to play as or they think someone else is more powerful. Its just Marth, but he is incredibly popular by the looks of the poll, which didn't surprise me.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
roy is in the top 10
thats kinda surprising
hes perfectly tied with luigi
and marth still be leading thats cool

im not sure wutelse to say
i remember i unlocked marth and then thot he ruled
but then i immediatley beat his classic mode (or was it adventure)
and fought roy who i thot was even cooler
i know statistically speaking roy's not that great of a character
but hes still my favorite

viva la ROYvalucion

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I use the green god of chaos Luigi as my main, he just seems to fit me, also my fave charecter eva:chuckle: ! He is followed by Ganon and Samus though.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
in ssb64 i was teh mastah with luigi
but now i cant use his ultimate up b anymore
the automatic ko, sounds like a HRB

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
yep, don't only 3 things in the game have that??

Luigi's Up B Jigglypuff's Down B and the HRB? or is there more than that? I think that's it though

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
yea those and Ness's bat

but in the 64 days
it was alot easier to pull off luigi's ultimate up B

"EDIT"
jeez i sound like an old man
"back in the 64 days we had
cartridges instead ur new fangled CDs
and if they didnt work u had to blow in'em
for five minutes
and the people looked like they were made from polygons
and if u lost a game u could throw the game at the wall but it would still work"
"u kids and ur Ycube 180!!!"

offtheheezay10

Smash Rookie
Started DK, went Roy, then Ganondorf for a long time, then Fox for like a month, then Marth for my second tourney, and am now going to pull a Yoshi in the next tourney. Yes, go low tier.

Smitty

Smash Rookie
I have to say, even though people consider them cheap characters, I primarily ues the Ice Bros. They're light, fast, and are as strong as any of the popular characters (Mario, Link, Fox etc.). I've always found them appealing for some odd reason that I just can't quite pathom. Maybe it's because I think in my head, "twice the characters, twice the power". Or maybe it's because they're the underdogs in a 4-player fight. But for all I know, they're the primary characters I use.

Oh yeah, and Link kicks *** too.

Top Bottom