• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #1 - Who Do You Primarily Use?

Who Do You Primarily Use?

• Doctor Mario

Votes: 62 4.1%
  • Mario

Votes: 36 2.4%
  • Luigi

Votes: 44 2.9%
  • Bowser

Votes: 24 1.6%
  • Peach

Votes: 74 4.9%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 37 2.5%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 71 4.7%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 47 3.1%
  • Falco

Votes: 187 12.5%
  • Fox

Votes: 161 10.8%
  • Ness

Votes: 29 1.9%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 47 3.1%
  • Kirby

Votes: 25 1.7%
  • Samus

Votes: 81 5.4%
  • Zelda

Votes: 15 1.0%
  • Sheik

Votes: 85 5.7%
  • Link

Votes: 93 6.2%
  • Young Link

Votes: 14 0.9%
  • Pichu

Votes: 12 0.8%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 42 2.8%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 13 0.9%
  • Mr. Game & Watch

Votes: 16 1.1%
  • Marth

Votes: 211 14.1%
  • Roy

Votes: 40 2.7%

• Total voters

BDA

Smash Rookie
smash.addicted: lol
sinfallen:Link's one of my favorite characters too.
SMRPG1:I used to use him.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
What is this fascination with marth? Is it that he fulfills the image of a typical androgynic-japanime-swordhero that attracts players to him? (First time i played SSBM, I seriously thought the character's name was Martha, haha)
Nothing against Marth, I just don't see too many players use him, yet on smashboards...he's very common

Cuzraz

Smash Rookie
I think people are drawn to marth because of his ease of use and the fact that its quite easy to use advanced tactics with him. The same goes for Sheik. Oh and theres always tier whores.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i think half the reason is because the best smash player uses marth.

thats why i used marth when i first started, cause i heard about the best smash player using him too.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
I should try him out sometime.

Story: I was playing against Marth yesterday, and during the end of the match he said to his other friends "wow, he doesn't complain about marth's sword like you guys". Thing is, I didn't understand it because I always had a mindset that swordsmen were at a disadvantage with that extra appurtenance. So I was never intimidated by it, and it only affected my gameplay in a positive way. [i was using sheik and won, by the way] But now I forgot the reason I was telling that story...there was a moral in there somewhere...

emblem pride

Smash Journeyman
since i try to use roy and marth equally, i voted for roy to get him some numbers. i have a dream that one day marth users and roy users will be treaeted equally and get along !

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
I primarily use Link, but I also use Marth, Roy, and just recently started playing with Young Link, Mr. G&W, and Mario

scene massacre

Smash Rookie
Why is there a an abundance in fox players?
not to go on ranting, but seriously, noobs are anoying. I am ashamed to be a Fox player, with people leaving STUPID threads like "how do i short hop with fox" its anoying. Y so is there alot of wanna be Fox's. I think they see fake videos like shine blind, and then their small brains get juice flowing, and they decide to play a fox.

13% of people use fox
.74563 percent is decently good.

Marth's hi percentile is not suprising Marth is very easy to play, and, like previously stated, Ken uses marth. Soo new comers see that as a reson to use him.

KaremMx2

Smash Cadet
Im in love with Sheik, not many people know how to use her right but i do and love the girl! lol

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I am better with Falco so I voted him,but i play Fox now to try to waveshine.It looks like Marth is still top.I love how Fox,Falco,and Peach have the abiltity to attack any enemy however you want from any position.Also,i love Bowser for his strength and the abilty to grab in midair

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Too many polls are affected by tiers. The cheapest characters and the most used characters polls are always dominated by upper-top tiers.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Wow

I guess the ravings that Marth is overused are true. Guilty as charged. We Marth players must now separate ourselves and stand out among the F-Smash spammers.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Yoshi, ftw baby. Yoshi was the first character I ever played as in Smash and somehow I've never been able to get as good with any other character as I am with him.

Four years of Yoshi smashin' baby. Four years.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Dang, I main with Doc and Sheik. I've mained with Sheik longer though, so I'll go with Sheik.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
What a shame. Only three people use Zelda, and 5 use Mr. G&W... I love supporting minorities :) But I voted for Ness

Top Bottom