• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

Dark 3nergy - Meta Knight
Budget Player Cadet_ - Meta Knight || May have voted in another board.
Tmacc - Meta Knight

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I don't know...I think learning the Snake MU with D3 is incredibly important. Not only does learning alot of the mindsets/tricks/patience against Snake make you beter against that great characer, but also help you in nearly EVERY other MU.

Not to mention, D3 is comonly used as a "counter character" against Snake for people who secondary D3.

Unfortunately, I have yet to truly "learn" this MU, although I've improved at it a lot recently.

On another hand, learning he MK MU (people have notced how good I've gotten at that MU recetly) has improved my game SO much. The patienc, spacing, stage control, important punishes, killing mix ups....they have improved me so much in the past month or so (thanks to Atomsk and Coney for helping me with both of these MUs, as well as a few other MUs like Oli). Furthermore, as a solo D3 main, MK is one of the mor common characters in the game and the character D3 is most often counter picked with.

All in all, my vote goes to MK, with Snake in a close second. I also feel Marth deserves a mention, for the same reasons as Snake.

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
Snake, because while it is considered a small advantage for Dedede if you don't know the matchup and your opponent knows, you'll get *****. Also it's one of Dedede's easiest matchups against top tiers, and way more winnable than MK.

Top Bottom