• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

xIblisx - Meta Knight
Zephil - Olimar
crifer - Snake
chaos_Leader - Meta Knight
Rizk18 - Ice Climbers

Zephil

Smash Ace
Olimar. He is a scary char with so many tricks that is important to know all of them to play the MU correctly. Each pikmin if for an specific reason so is important to understand each pikmin like if you were an oli main

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
You are going to run into a ton of Metaknights almost everywhere you go. Even here in the slightly more diverse Pacific NW, Metaknight is still a highly common sight, and is a highly troublesome opponent. That said, Fox has some tools available that a player use to can potentially thwart Metaknight; knowing these tools and how to use them is invaluable.

My vote: learn the Metaknight matchup. All others will generally either be easier to fight, or harder to find.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
I would say MetaKnight because If you know that MU and when I say know i mean KNOW it to the point of muscle memory type stuff it is really hard to lose against a meta who may not have as much expertise in the MU as you and when you do meet a META that knows the MU you will be able to go head to head with him

Also he is the most common charcter and if you get this MU down it will make you alot better all around

EDIT: This is the most important MU imo because it helps develop fox players to better adapt and use the tools fox has correctly

Also Oli is hard only if you don't know the MU but other wise he is not much of a threat to a good fox main

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Falco, he's fairly common, and although the MU itself seems even, it's important to learn or else you risk embarrassment by CG.

Every tourney I've been to where it's either been break or make I've had to fight a Falco.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
In my opinion, the most important match-ups to know are the ones that you don't normally fight. As you fight more and more Meta Knights or Snakes or Diddy Kongs you begin to forget the other, less commonly played characters. If you don't play against those characters enough, or at all, you won't know what to expect in case the opportunity ever comes up.

Top Bottom