• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - How satisifed with the current Roster are you? Pre-E3, 5/16

How satisfied are you with the current roster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just as an attempt to gauge the public opinion, please take a few moments to consider the options above and vote. What you pick will go to statistics that I am keeping up until Smash Bros. 4 is released.

If you'd like, discuss your choice here!

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
It's pretty good so far. No complaints, although I want to see more villains. I'm fairly positive we'll get some baddies sooner or later so I'm not worried.

I'm not heart broken over any of the deconfirmations ( or is it disconfirm? I forget)...yet.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Love Rosalina, Little Mac, and especially Mega Man on the roster. Villager is cool and I suppose I'm pretty okay with Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja. Still waiting to see what gets revealed at E3.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Quick Question: Am I voting for this under the assumption that there are going to be quite a few more characters in the roster? Because if this were the final roster, I'd be mostly disappointed in spite of how good most of the newcomers are (also the fact that Toon Link comes back and Captain Falcon among pretty much everyone else who isn't confirmed yet doesn't XD)

As far as newcomers go: Yeah they're good. Rosaluma is the one I'm the least interested in playing as but even then I completely respect the moveset. I just hope it doesn't end up being TOO good. And the fact that Rosaluma is at the bottom of my list speaks to how much I like the current list of newcomers xD

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I find the announced newcomers to be pretty good. Little Mac and Megaman are both pretty interesting characters who I intend to try out. I'm also excited to watch/play against most of the newcomers. Rosalina gets special mention in this category.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Just as an attempt to gauge the public opinion, please take a few moments to consider the options above and vote. What you pick will go to statistics that I am keeping up until Smash Bros. 4 is released.

If you'd like, discuss your choice here!
I'm quite happy with the roster, however, I'm still anxious to see some more Veterans and Newcomers.

OH, not to mention Wario and his Nuclear Fart :p

SnappyJ

Smash Cadet
NNID
SnappyJ
Sakurai has done a pretty great job at picking newcomers that are not only fun characters (or just strange...Wii Fit Trainer) but offer really unique gameplay mechanics. Rosalina's puppet mechanics, Little Mac's OHK gauge, and Villager's pocket ability to name a few. I am hoping for a few more villains, though, since there isn't a ton of representation there. All in all I'm loving the new characters!

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I had three demands and two of them are met

So, I'm very satisfied, because the third one I've always known probably isn't going to happen.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
By roster do you mean just newcomers?
No, both. Assume that every vet. is coming, and there are more newcomers.

Quick Question: Am I voting for this under the assumption that there are going to be quite a few more characters in the roster? Because if this were the final roster, I'd be mostly disappointed in spite of how good most of the newcomers are (also the fact that Toon Link comes back and Captain Falcon among pretty much everyone else who isn't confirmed yet doesn't XD)

As far as newcomers go: Yeah they're good. Rosaluma is the one I'm the least interested in playing as but even then I completely respect the moveset. I just hope it doesn't end up being TOO good. And the fact that Rosaluma is at the bottom of my list speaks to how much I like the current list of newcomers xD
Yes. See above message.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel as though the roster is all right; I am remaining positive about it. So far, Little Mac might become one of my mains. Greninja has the possibility of replacing Sheik if he is more fun. Other than that, Rosalina is my favorite Mario character and I enjoy learning marionette characters. Wii Fit Trainer is one of the craziest decisions that seems like it will actually work, I am really excited at the notion of trying her out.

I am; however, disappointed in Villager as his move-set appears to lack a cohesive nature. Not only that, but I would prefer a prominent named character, such as Tom Nook. Mega Man is meh, I have never been a fan and his move-set isn't enthralling or inciting. So it isn't horrible. I like over half of the choices, but the remaining character will obviously determine how I objectively feel.

"I am Groot!"

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
At this point I'm not really "satisfied" but as @ mimgrim mimgrim said, if this is the final roster I'd still buy the game. My only real gripes with the roster in its current state are as follows:
  • No Wolf
  • No Fire Emblem reps other than Marth
  • No Captain Falcon
  • Toon Link isn't an appealing veteran IMO
  • I dislike half the newcomers lol

Morbi

Scavenger
At this point I'm not really "satisfied" but as @ mimgrim mimgrim said, if this is the final roster I'd still buy the game. My only real gripes with the roster in its current state are as follows:
  • No Wolf
  • No Fire Emblem reps other than Marth
  • No Captain Falcon
  • Toon Link isn't an appealing veteran IMO
  • I dislike half the newcomers lol
I would also buy the game if this was the final roster, but to be fair, I would buy the game if only the Original 12 were on it.

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
  • No Wolf - Err, I'd like it if it was just Fox and Falco
  • No Fire Emblem reps other than Marth - **** YEAH, I'd like Marth, Roy, and Ike PLEASE
  • No Captain Falcon - Sure, only if Ganondorf is coming back with the Falcondorf moveset
  • Toon Link isn't an appealing veteran IMO - Toon Link was one of my mains in Brawl
  • I dislike half the newcomers lol - Really? I like them.
My responses are in bold.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
My responses are in bold.
It appears we don't agree on a whole lot haha.
Wolf was my main in Brawl, so he shouldn't be cut. I can throw that argument at you too ya know ;) But seriously though, I want Wolf back because he's one of my favourite Nintendo characters. He's way more of a badass than Falco will ever be. Plus he doesn't call me Einstein for shooting at him.

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
It appears we don't agree on a whole lot haha.
Wolf was my main in Brawl, so he shouldn't be cut. I can throw that argument at you too ya know ;) But seriously though, I want Wolf back because he's one of my favourite Nintendo characters. He's way more of a badass than Falco will ever be. Plus he doesn't call me Einstein for shooting at him.
Touche.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Still waiting I guess, there are some make or break characters for everyone I suppose.
For myself there is a handful of characters i'm expecting/ anticipating/ hoping for.

Captain Falcon, Ness, and Mewtwo are my deal breakers.
I'll be pretty upset to see Falco not make it.
I'm hoping for a melee opening cinematic version of Ridley to be playable, that's sorta the only new comer i'm looking forward to.
Including Roy in the roster would be like 11/10 rating for the roster.

I'll be happier if we get Shulk too, plus Villager and megaman are awesome.

If characters like Snake, Jigglypuff, wolf, lucas, ike get in over the above i'll be critical of the roster.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Megaman and Little Mac were my two most wanted newcomers.

Villager, WFT and Rosalina are all really creative and Greninja just looks fun to play as.

So yeah, I'm already pretty happy.

N0ble1

Smash Rookie
MaskO'Gears did say to assume every vet is returning so....

I'm very satisfied so far, if Ridley ever were to be confirmed playable I would be forever hyped for this game. Well, maybe almost forever.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I don't even care if every vet returns or not.

I would still buy the game.

But this is because the characters aren't the most important part for me, and the newcomers we have so far all look unique anyway. :L

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Megaman and Lil Mac are pretty much exactly how I dreamed and hoped they would be. Shows that Sakurai knows what the fans want, but can pull out surprises that noone would expect like the wii fit trainer and Greninja.

Needs Ridley for a 10/10.

I'm dissapointed that characters like Ashley and Dillon are assists, but making Chibi-Robo playable would make up for it, at least to me.

Last edited:
They're not all who I would have picked, personally, but I love what we've got so far.

There are only a couple characters I'm holding onto hope for, since I am mostly indifferent about who does or doesn't become playable. None of them have been confirmed, yet, but I've already made peace with it never happening.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Right now I'm pretty satisfied with the roster. I feel like all the newcomers are perfectly logical inclusions.
  • Villager is form a pretty popular nintendo series that has yet to get a character.
  • MegaMan has a long history with nintendo and he was one of the most requested characters
  • Wii Fit Trainer is the main character from one of the best selling games on the wii
  • Rosalina was fairly popular in her first appearance and she seems to be becoming a recurring character more than a one off character
  • Little Mac was one of the most requested characters in America and he fits with the style of Smash perfectly
  • Greninja was the most popular pokemon from the newest generation
Now I just need some more newcomers and most of the veterans from brawl and the roster will be perfect in my opinion.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I would give it an 8/10. It's good and I would play the game if this was the final roster. However, I'm curious to see other characters as well.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't really care too much about the roster at this point.
All the guys I care about are already confirmed, (Marth, Olimar, Dedede)
All the newcomers revealed so far are types of characters I never knew I wanted; they all seem quite unique, and I can't wait to try out Greninja especially. While none of them would have been my first choices (especially Mega Man and Little Mac) the way they have been presented thus far has been very appealing.
There is only 1 thing that slightly sours it for me at this point, and it is the fact that an EarthBound character hasn't been revealed yet. I know it will happen eventually though, and even if this was the final roster, I'd still buy the game. (I guess Mr. Saturn is enough for the EarthBound quota for now.) While there are some characters I would still like to see, I wouldn't lose any sleep if they don't make the cut.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Rating: 5/10

I like Villager and Megaman.
I'm neutral on Little Mac.
I don't care for Rosalina, WFT, or Greninja.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Assuming that what we're seeing is the starting roster (minus Mega Man and Sonic), it's looking pretty good.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I would buy the game if only the Original 12 + Pit were on it.
Fixed. :laugh:

Really though, there was only one character of mine that stood any kind of chance of getting in, and that's Megaman. As for the characters didn't want, I'm surprised at how unique they all are. WFT is just funny, and Villager, Rosalina, and Greninja all look fun to play as.

I'm dissapointed in breaking up the transformations though. Makes sense, but now Shiek and Charizard have basically nothing going for them and are a waste of space IMO. Really, what do they got? Just... Moves. And they don't have remotely unique playstyles either. And Mac is probably the most unfaithful character this side of Capt. Falcon. Super armor? Sakurai? Have you even played Punch-Out? Even stinkin' Glass Joe can punch through star punches. Mac isn't a rushdown character either. "Dodge, dodge, dodge and counter." He's supposed to be tactical, and evasive. Let's just hope his fragile speedster style carries over.

...Dispite there being more negative then positive here, I'm pretty happy, actually.

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
Ive wanted villager in smash bros, I dont care about punch-out but little mac looks fine, wii fit trainer is cool, mega man is cool but I dont really like the way he looks in this game (compared to like marvel vs capcom). rosalina and geninja are weird choices. When you think about the newcomers for melee and brawl, these ones dont really sell the game for me. would've liked toad or something, idk. as for the returning characters, Im happy with it. Id rather snake or wolf not come back. i wouldve liked if lucario didnt return, but whatever. All I really need is ness, honestly. wario too.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I love the roster so far I would only remove Toon Link and give Link his speed and all that jazz

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if sal leak is the final roster then I going to hate the roster

Fixed. :laugh:

Really though, there was only one character of mine that stood any kind of chance of getting in, and that's Megaman. As for the characters didn't want, I'm surprised at how unique they all are. WFT is just funny, and Villager, Rosalina, and Greninja all look fun to play as.

I'm dissapointed in breaking up the transformations though. Makes sense, but now Shiek and Charizard have basically nothing going for them and are a waste of space IMO. Really, what do they got? Just... Moves. And they don't have remotely unique playstyles either. And Mac is probably the most unfaithful character this side of Capt. Falcon. Super armor? Sakurai? Have you even played Punch-Out? Even stinkin' Glass Joe can punch through star punches. Mac isn't a rushdown character either. "Dodge, dodge, dodge and counter." He's supposed to be tactical, and evasive. Let's just hope his fragile speedster style carries over.

...Dispite there being more negative then positive here, I'm pretty happy, actually.
So I guess that intense training montage mention nothing?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not terribly impressed by some of them. I only like Villager, MegaMan, and Little Mac of the current 6 newcomers. The rest are "okay". I preferred the transformations, so removing them irked me. That let them throw in more characters in general without having a huge roster screen. That's why I loved Pokemon Trainer's concept(I do agree that removing all the downsides save maybe the forced transformation would've been good in general. It makes sense when a Pokemon is defeated that you must send out the next one as is).

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Not terribly impressed by some of them. I only like Villager, MegaMan, and Little Mac of the current 6 newcomers. The rest are "okay". I preferred the transformations, so removing them irked me. That let them throw in more characters in general without having a huge roster screen. That's why I loved Pokemon Trainer's concept(I do agree that removing all the downsides save maybe the forced transformation would've been good in general. It makes sense when a Pokemon is defeated that you must send out the next one as is).
So much this ^^^^^^^

I agree with this woman so much. Make more posts like this. Though I don't care for any of the newcomers except maybe Wii fit trainer (because hayters gonna haite! and she's basically the new Jigglypuff as far as unwarranted hate goes.) They're all cool but nothing special. Pokemon Trainer was the most interesting character in Brawl. It took a lot to learn how to play him and not just picking up 1/3 of the Pokemon. Thats like having a team with a level 100 Squirtle and a level 20 Ivysaur and level 36 Charizard.

No newcomers I actually like are in the roster yet. If Palutena, Dixie Kong, Mona (lol), and Isaac make it in I'll be happy. Though only 1/4 of that list will make it in... I'll be happy with that too.

Top Bottom