• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I only own the 3DS version, and STILL got called a name once!

There was this guy who set up his 3DS just so his screenname is "YOUSUCK".
He played Link. Pretty competently, but also in the most dickish fashion imaginable.
Left after one game he dragged out until the last half minute. Losing to that guy really did suck.

I cannot fathom what kind of human filth hides behind that screen.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Today I've played this Dedede who was spamming Gordos. I started to get him in the middle of the game and began to make the "Wall of Pain" combo. Afraid I would die, I came back, and he managed to meteor me. I actually found that to be pretty funny! Then, I changed my tag to :) to show good sportsmanship. I've pressed :GCStart: and he said "P**O!!!" "C*ÑO!!!" "Jajaja" in Spanish. He acted like he beat the thing out of me, but I am the one who was winning! I still lost, but don't act like I was bodied. Obviously, he quit.
But, the best would still come. I've played this Villager who was abusing the Tree and Smash Attacks. I beat him. He switched to Kirby, the red color (pretending he could beat me with my own character and color. I play Blue Kirby, but Red Kirby comes right after the Blue one in the CSS). I switched to Falcon, and went Kirby again to show how to play as the puffball. I won thrice, meaning I was playing better. I then switched to Ganondorf. He went Villager again, and I was kicking his back again. But, he won in a great comeback... In the fifth game, I went Ganon and he went Villager again. It happened again... I would not give up! I switched to Kirby again. He went crazy. "SUK ME UP" "SPANKED" "WHEREUAT?!" and quit. Spanked?! What the thing...?! It's like the fact that I won three battles in a row gets denied by his ego. I litterally laughed. I can't get mad with it, the immaturity of some people is just hilarious!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Last night while I was playing around with the training dummy, I got hooked up with a guy who set his tag to "SCRUB?". As soon as I saw that tag, I immediately left the room before the match even started because I didn't want anything to do with mother****ers like him. I mean really, if I find anyone else starting off with tags like "UrSalty", Fack_You" or whatever before our supposed first match, I just leave. They ain't worth my damn time to deal with their ****.

Or as Sweet Brown would say:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
So I went back to FG for the first time in about three or four months and the two people I played against consisted of
  • A guy who switched to my main (Yoshi) right after I beat his terrible Falco
  • A guy who used Diddy Kong and spammed Up B (Shulk will not have none of that BS)
Both of whom I beat.
I immediately stopped playing, whispered "Nope. Nothing's changed" under my breath, and went back to playing Xenoblade.

Last edited:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
I only own the 3DS version, and STILL got called a name once!

There was this guy who set up his 3DS just so his screenname is "YOUSUCK".
He played Link. Pretty competently, but also in the most dickish fashion imaginable.
Left after one game he dragged out until the last half minute. Losing to that guy really did suck.

I cannot fathom what kind of human filth hides behind that screen.
Link really seems to attract people with the worst personalities.
Guy today I played for like two hours with was a real butt. His other characters weren't too bad to deal with, but Link gives me real trouble, and it was clearly his main. Got some good matches off him, but he still won more matches as Link. It's the kind of play I can punish if I really try, but just lose patience for and end up eating grab after grab. I had a few karmic victories but he inevitably changed his tags to "IOWNYOU" and "NICETRY" after a win. Oh well.

Last edited:

Ccubed24

Smash Rookie
Yes, a couple of times. I played this one kid, and he lost... pretty badly. After words, it's like he had a smorgasbord of tags ready on demand (e.g. "Ur bad", "ZSS OP", and Scum"). He was obviously trying to get a rise outta me, but I found it amusing.
Similar thing happened to me. I was playing this ness online, and we were both at around 100%. I was playing sheik, so I knew that he would be fishing for the grab to try to backthow my light-weight character. So, I played a pretty defensive game, trying my best to space him out and punish his whiffs. After about 20 seconds of this, he double suicided, said U R TRASH and left. Then, the next guy I played called me a FUCBOI after I two stocked him. I was in hysterics. I'm pretty young, so two grown men calling me names for beating them made me laugh. I hope I play more guys like these soon.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
People are so bad...i started playing DDD today just learning him i main Ganon though i play as him like 90% of the time anyway the guy was called ''Gunslinger''
He was ganon and pretty good he wrecked me and said i said i suck and i am bad...
Little does he know that i main Ganon and know him like the back of my hand.
So i Ganon ditto'd him.
Wrecked him and he immediately left asap. After the match.

For glory is so bad..expecially the Link players..
The Ness/Mario/Yoshi players have the worse personalities too....they think they are too good...i cant wait for Wolf...i really hope he comes back.
I gotta feeling wolf will be the best counter to the Link Noobs.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I get insulted a ton when I use Shulk, for some reason... They always say that I'm just spamming my monado arts... but how do you "spam" those? Most understandable hate I've gotten is if I use Fox's blaster too much, but even then that thing is so slow they should be able to punish it.
Wow..i kinda thought it was just me...i get alot of hate and i main ganon...the slowest character in the game that has no projectile..often times when i beat someone they will switch to ZSS/Sheik/Yoshi and if they are pretty good with them i lose...and then they say..''REKT'' - ''URBAD'' etc...
I try not to hate the tiers...but Ganon vs ZSS is like impossible match up...

Bellerophon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistermaster420
Everytime I beat this one spammy Bowser Jr, with Ness, he'd always say things like "REKT", "GRABS", "MAYWEATHER", and eventually told me to "LEAVE". The few times I ignored it he taunted and teabagged during the match, then self destructed both his stocks, repeating the same words and demands every single time.

It's times like those where I wish I had made a PKgitgud tag

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
This time of thing happens in For Glory Team Smash as well. How the #### are they able to single me out?! This happened to someone once in For Fun Team Smash. He was a:rosalina: player that kept winning pretty much no matter who was in his team. I finally went :4dk: and broke his shield. My randomly-assorted teammate and me capitalized on him right away and after went after the weaker player some more. We won and my teammate called the :rosalina: player a rude name. Come on, I know we were all frustrated with :rosalina: in the lobby, but no need for a call like that. That's about the only time it wasn't aimed at me.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Awful lotta poor sports on For Gloryhole today. Lots of Roys and Ryus running around, throwing out attacks all willy-nilly, and taunting multiple times whenever they get that lucky hit that sends me flying. Something tells me they're just salty because they want to win every match Day 1 with a character...

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
So I guess being called "Spamus" is supposed to insult me? Huh...
Basically I run into this Roy player that's actually pretty good. I'm using Samus, and I beat him, albeit narrowly due to not knowing how Roy works that well, and since I had only fought Roy players that didn't seem to have a feel for him yet. So after I beat him, he switches to Dark Pit. I had never fought a Dark Pit that actually knew what he was doing, and I must say, he was pretty skilled. I nearly won, but then he pulled out his reflection shield at a totally unexpected moment as I fired a missile as he was coming down from a fall, and of course, my own missile got me killed. After that, he types "SPAMAS" as his nametag, and then leaves.

Now really, I wasn't even firing that many missiles in the match because I knew he could reflect them, so I was using close combat for most of the match, but I guess firing a few here and there when I know I have openings is considered spamming, right? /sarcasm
Can't really help it that Samus pretty much has to use projectiles to really do good. It's just how she's designed. *shrug* Whatever, dude...

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
Someone once changed their name to “BREASTS” when they were playing me. I understand I’m female but I’m really not sure what they were expecting me to do on this family friendly game.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Many, many, many times have I been called names on FG.

One of the most memorable times I was name-called on FG was when I was playing against a Diddy/Jiggs. (This was back when Diddy was godly) So the map starts up and we're both playing Jiggs. I 2-stock him and take maybe 3-8% damage. I play another game with the guy, and again, I 2 stock him twice and take no damage. Then comes the "final" (where the guy actually put forth effort) game, where he switches to Diddy. We have our battle and again, I have no trouble sweeping the guy into a trash bin. After that game, he stalls on the character select screen going through his list of 15 or so dirty names. I assume he tried to leave before the "leave or stay" (terminology please) timer, but he got sucked into fighting me at the last second. Then during the final match, the guy SDs twice and left the For Glory lobby very salty.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Most of my experiences are in the 2v2 For Glory when I'm playing with either my bro/cousin. The most recent one that happened a day or so ago I was Ike and my bro was Roy. And we won several matches in a row. Then he switched to Ryu for sh*ts and giggles and we lost that one in a sudden death. Then our opponents put, 'N*GGAUSUCK'. We are indeed black and the insult made me angry and then I just laughed.

It's always funny when you're beating someone for several rounds and then they finally get a win in and all of a sudden they claim you suck. Okay. I think a month or so ago my bro and I also had someone reply when they finally beat us, 'DIE.' 'GO CRY'. It's like oh man the salt in 2v2 sometimes is off the charts.

Another one I remember when I was in 2v2 by myself. This one guy who first started off as Toon Link and kept spamming arrows and projectiles and camped the edges, and then switched to Bowser and proceeded to be him for the next several matches. Kept putting, 'NOOB' 'QUIT'.

Again it made me smile and laugh cause like seriously dude all you did was spam with Tink and then proceeded to side smash with Bowser for days. And I didn't know who the heck he was talking to. Eventually the other two people who were originally in that room with us left. So then his 'NOOB' 'QUIT' that he kept repeating was obviously meant to scare me off now haha.

At that point I stopped playing serious, switched off Ike and picked my secondary Yoshi. And every time he said the NOOB/QUIT thing I would just put LOL or a smile face. Then he went GRR. Funnily enough we always ended up on a team together with him stealing all the kills as Bowser. I stayed just to see what else he would do. Then it got weird with his messages one was like, GIVE ME YOUR PRINCESS or something. Whatever the heck that meant. I thought he'd figured out I was a girl or something. I have my own female Mii but I play on my bro's cause I don't want people online to know I'm a girl. But maybe it had something to do with Bowser, who knows.

On the final match I switched to Mega Man and we finally were on opposite teams, he kept charging after me as Bowser and I kept punishing him. I would actually tend to jump over him and fight the other opponent cause it was like, dude chill. I won that match and before he left he put. REMEMBER ME. Man that was so weird lol.

Last edited:

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
In 1v1, I saw the best NameTag today. I beat the other player and then I saw this:
"CHEATER"
"U SUX"
"AT THIS"
"GAME"
He should go kill himself, that's what he deserves. I forgot the name of his Mii... :pow:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I played this Pikachu who I beat with a cool Up-Smash read. His reaction? SAMEOLD. No johns!
Edit: I got one more today, and this sounds quite the thing. I was beating this Lucas, and two-stocking him. I went for the Edge-Guarding, but messed up my Final Cutter recovery. I was pretty close to the ledge, but the Blade did not reach. I died, and this Lucas also failed his PK-Thunder recovery for a mile. "Ur-bad-lol" and quits! I won, so I'm obviously a bad player.

Last edited:

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
I fought some guy who rolled all over the stage just now. They started with Zelda whom I beat, so they then switched to Link and I thought as a joke I'd roll all over the stage also. They took the 2nd game, I took the 3rd and then I decided I'd switch to his character, still being Link to make it even more stupid. I also decided to switch my tag to "ROLL MASTR" as a joke about his overuse of rolling. They decided to swap to Toon Link, and I ended up winning by emulating exactly what they did during the Link matches.

I guess they didn't think I did too good a job at copying them though, because they decided to change their tag to "UR A SPAM" (amazing insult, I know) and out of the irony of it as well as the grammar I couldn't stop myself laughing and I was unable to beat their TL with Lucas, and they left in what I assume was either a fit of rage or feeling of redemption. It was pretty great.

salaboB

Smash Champion
The poll makes me sad, it asks a completely different question than the thread title :(

(I have had people use their nametags to try to be insulting, but I've never been "victimized" by it...)

Last edited:

NintenX

Smash Rookie
Just played against a dude by the name of RanserSSF4 (Someone on here actually has that account name lol, I'm not gonna tag them though). For the two matches we played, I was Lucas and he was Ryu. The first one was a pretty close match, and I won with a backthrow from the ledge. After that, he put in the name box "Spammer", and then "FUKU". The funniest part was that I didn't even spam. Sometimes I'd hit him with PK Fire/Freeze instead of directly approaching, but he'd also do the same with Hadouken/Shakunetsu Hadouken; it's not like I stood on one side of the stage and only used PK Fire/Freeze.
The second match went pretty much the same as the first, with it being pretty close. At the end, he had far more percentage than I did, and was down under the ledge recovering. I hopped on the ledge, dropped down, and tried for the meteor smash, but he plowed through me with Shoryuken. I PK thundered up to the ledge, but since I had no ledge invincibility as I had dropped down from the ledge, he got a really nice dair spike, ending the game.
After this, he typed more things in the name box than before. The ones I remember were "FUKU", "PREDICTABL", and "KILL YOURSELF". Then he quit. He was actually pretty good with Ryu. I kinda wanted to play him some more, if it wasn't for him typing nasty stuff in the name box.

DKMJunior

Smash Cadet
TL;DR Have you ever been called names through FG's tags? If so, what were they?

Yes, yes I know its one of *these* threads again but this one I want to be a little unique because it touches on something a little bit more personal and more specific than the typical "For Glory sucks". Yes, we know For Glory sucks but it's not good, not matter your skill level.

Over the past month that I've been playing Smash and since about yesterday that I've stopped playing For Glory, I've been called names only twice after almost 1000 matches (one of which I handled, the other...not so much). Not bad, but still it's a bit hurtful and unsportsmanlike and why would you even bother to go through the entire process just to make someone feel bad.

Before you say "WELL YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING BETTER" or "THIS IS COMMON IN ALL GAMES NOT JUST SMASH" or "THIS TYPE OF THING MAKES ME PLAY HARDER" or "YOU'RE BEING TOO SENSITIVE". Really? Being berated online by a Little Mac or a counter character makes you want to work harder? Wouldn't you get the same thing and something more out of "Good job--try doing this more" instead of renaming yourself to scrub and belittling them? Is it me being too sensitive or am I being a bit let down by this mode, the people playing this mode, and their conduct? I know there are trolls and I know this won't reach the people that really need to hear it the most but if you *are* one of those people: Does being a bully really help the community out any? Does it help you sleep better at night? Can't you just do that by beating them (or 2 stocking them), do you really have to lay the low blow on the person?

I know this community is extremely competitive and I know there are gonna be nay-sayers who are either going to put words in my mouth or tell me to shove off and that I'm crying/salty, but its only happened twice and I'm already sick of it. Let me be salty, just don't rub the wound. I know the most obvious solution is "Stop playing FG" and I've done that. I find it better (and more helpful) to use other websites and play with friends, but why *can't* we play with strangers without being scared of being harassed?

To be absolutely honest, and this is the brutal truth, but whenever I played FG and lost I was afraid. Afraid of the comments I might get calling me names and the blow to my skills. And this is coming from someone who has a 75% and 60% after 1000 matches on Wii U and 3DS respectively. Maybe its an Aethermaster thing, but I shouldn't be feeling like that. Especially considering I used to play League and other games and received far less harassment in the months I played that game (surprising considering that games community) and I felt better about playing a game like that than Smash.

/rant
In short, there can be trolls in FG, no doubt. However, do a few names, no longer than eight characters in totality, really make you feel that victimized? Keep in mind, so much so that you quite playing the mode all together? And you've only been called names twice in 1,000 matches? Indeed, as you mention, I would state that you are being extremely sensitive. Such subtle speech, even if offensive, shouldn't force you to beckon and bellow, because then the speech itself has control over you. Either ignore the speech or overcome it by beating your opponent. Plus, if they keep it up and it still bothers you, then just find a new match. Nintendo wanted to give players an ability to communicate with one another, and honestly, they did a poor job of censoring words. Nonetheless, you can complain about it, or just ignore it and use it as ammunition to play more competitively. Or, you can quit playing FG all-together which seems incredibly irrational and unnecessary to me. Likewise, you can fight fire with fire. There are many options and remedies to overcome name tags that upset you, but quitting the mode altogether is not practical.

DKMJunior

Smash Cadet
Yes, I have encountered a lot of salty people on FG after they lose. It makes me laugh more than anything.
Exactly. You have to laugh at it. Where does the anger come from? People getting beat of course. I think complaining about it is silly, because it truly is funny to see people get angry after they lose. They more competitive the more anger gets unleashed - haha. I think the name tags are great.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
In short, there can be trolls in FG, no doubt. However, do a few names, no longer than eight characters in totality, really make you feel that victimized? Keep in mind, so much so that you quite playing the mode all together? And you've only been called names twice in 1,000 matches? Indeed, as you mention, I would state that you are being extremely sensitive. Such subtle speech, even if offensive, shouldn't force you to beckon and bellow, because then the speech itself has control over you. Either ignore the speech or overcome it by beating your opponent. Plus, if they keep it up and it still bothers you, then just find a new match. Nintendo wanted to give players an ability to communicate with one another, and honestly, they did a poor job of censoring words. Nonetheless, you can complain about it, or just ignore it and use it as ammunition to play more competitively. Or, you can quit playing FG all-together which seems incredibly irrational and unnecessary to me. Likewise, you can fight fire with fire. There are many options and remedies to overcome name tags that upset you, but quitting the mode altogether is not practical.
No matter how sensitive we are, the blame is on the offending party and not the offended. Or alternatively Nintendo for choosing not to do anything about it despite it being an obvious problem.

pennyjpie

Smash Rookie
NNID
jazuren
3DS FC
1349-5387-4489
...I've been called the "N-word" way too much on For Glory (once is more than "too much" but it's happened more often than that)...It's pretty bad...

But I think the one that got to me the most was when I fought this guy's Captain Falcon and lost but I respected that he was good. It was a close match and everything, but he won. So I said "GG" like I usually do and he said "GG" too and "Well Played" or whatever. Then the next match it was super close again, but this time I won. And after that I was like "GG" and "UrReallyGood" (because he really was!) but he replied and called me a "scrub" and "Usuck" and the "N-word". (I didn't even know what a Scrub WAS back then!) And I saved that fight, it didn't look like I was playing "scrubby" but I mean, even if I was, it was still pretty mean and uncalled for.

For Glory is a dark place full of really bad and sometimes pretty super salty folks, I guess. :T

Toroth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Toroth
I've been called things a couple of times, but the two funniest names I've ever been called are "As.sCruncher" and "WetPoopie"
When I saw these I started laughing so hard that I couldn't play properly, and I got bodied, but seriously who calls someone else a "WetPoopie" lmao xD

DKMJunior

Smash Cadet
No matter how sensitive we are, the blame is on the offending party and not the offended. Or alternatively Nintendo for choosing not to do anything about it despite it being an obvious problem.
The argument was never directed at blaming the offended party. The point is that in FG mode the reality of the speech occurs, and one has to decide how they wish to handle it. They can quit altogether, ignore it, or fight fire with fire. It is quite simple to leave a game, but also quite rewarding to beat the snot out of the trolls who do nothing but say, "U SUK," or more vociferous messages after you win 2-0. In the end, if you can't control the situation, for example, Nintendo allowing offensive name tags, then you either get over it or ignore it. I just couldn't imagine quitting a very exciting and thrilling game mode in my favorite video game simply because a few jerks had a mean name tag. Although, I personally am not easily - if ever offended. Speech is free for a reason (even in online video games). If all speech was cordial then we wouldn't need to worry about it - but it isn't. As long as personal threats aren't being made, and most of the time they are not in Smash (considering you only have eight letters), then the only real remedies are the three I listed above. Trash talking is just more motivation for me. Yet, it is a personal preference in the end.

NintenX

Smash Rookie
Yesterday, I ran into two people. The first was a Spanish dude. We were pretty equal in skill, but he got slightly more wins, I think. Whenever he won, he'd put "MARI-CON" (American?) into the name box. Whenever he lost, he would put "MARI-CON" and then "DE-MIERDA" into the name box. I didn't know what that meant (because I don't know Spanish), but after our final match (which I won) I used Google translate and apparently it means "crappy". After the last match (which I won), he put the same two things as last time (and some other stuff I missed, because I was searching what "de mierda" meant), and ended with "HAHAHA" and left.
EDIT: just googled the "MARI-CON" thing, apparently it's Spanish for "******".

The next guy seemed completely fine, typing nothing in the name box even though I won every single time but twice. Our last match, he played as Yoshi and I played as Mario (as I had done every match) and this happened:

(I hit him with F.L.U.D.D. when he was ground pounding, sending him flying off inevitably to his death)

After that, he put "SPAMMER" (lol), "SCREW U" and "F-*-*-*-U" (with certain letters replacing the asterisks, of course) and left.

I guess the F.L.U.D.D. truly does spray saltwater.

Last edited:

DKMJunior

Smash Cadet
Yesterday, I ran into two people. The first was a Spanish dude. We were pretty equal in skill, but he got slightly more wins, I think. Whenever he won, he'd put "MARI-CON" (American?) into the name box. Whenever he lost, he would put "MARI-CON" and then "DE-MIERDA" into the name box. I didn't know what that meant (because I don't know Spanish), but after our final match (which I won) I used Google translate and apparently it means "crappy". After the last match (which I won), he put the same two things as last time (and some other stuff I missed, because I was searching what "de mierda" meant), and ended with "HAHAHA" and left.
EDIT: just googled the "MARI-CON" thing, apparently it's Spanish for "******".

The next guy seemed completely fine, typing nothing in the name box even though I won every single time but twice. Our last match, he played as Yoshi and I played as Mario (as I had done every match) and this happened:

(I hit him with F.L.U.D.D. when he was ground pounding, sending him flying off inevitably to his death)

After that, he put "SPAMMER" (lol), "SCREW U" and "F-*-*-*-U" (with certain letters replacing the asterisks, of course) and left.

I guess the F.L.U.D.D. truly does spray saltwater.
Hahaha! See, now that's awesome.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Lol, got paired up with this Ryu player while using R.O.B earlier. Got a pretty convincing two stock on him, and then the next match he switches to Sonic and tries to Spin2Win. Two stocked yet again. I go back to the CSS, and right when I'm about to leave I see his tag name switch to "SPAMMER." Because me using my Gyro and Lasers to stop your predictable, s***** approaches is completely unfair, especially when you're doing one move over and over again lol.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Lol, got paired up with this Ryu player while using R.O.B earlier. Got a pretty convincing two stock on him, and then the next match he switches to Sonic and tries to Spin2Win. Two stocked yet again. I go back to the CSS, and right when I'm about to leave I see his tag name switch to "SPAMMER." Because me using my Gyro and Lasers to stop your predictable, s***** approaches is completely unfair, especially when you're doing one move over and over again lol.
Any time someone is so bad you beat them by only doing one thing, they'll call you a spammer.

Even if that thing is something nobody else even lets hit them.

LMarucha

Smash Rookie
NNID
LMarucha
Yes but I've kind of gotten used to it.

There was a player today who changed his tag to "KILLU" after I kept winning and "COPYCAT" to ditto me. I literary tried to be friends with him when that happened. No, really. From softening up to congratulating him when he took a stock from me. Kind of like having a training buddy in FG, if that's even a thing. It was weird, but fun.

No sense responding with insults if that's toxic enough already. I'm hoping the person didn't take it negatively, though.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just today, I fought a Lucas player, and I lost what ended up being our only match due to a misinputted offstage Side-B (hey, we're all guilty of it with the lag on FG). Of course, he left presumably after saving a replay so he could brag to all his friends about how MLG he was, but not before putting a snarky little "UR BAD" as his name tag. If you don't want to fight me again, that's fine, heck, that's great, but at least have the common decency to not be an ass about it. At the end of the day, it just makes you look like a little ***** who doesn't wanna fight anyone more than once because he's afraid his precious ego will get hurt. If you play Smash just to get a rise out of some random person online, then you're nothing more than a degenerate lowlife and I genuinely wish you the absolute worst.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I remember a few days ago, I was watching my friend play For Glory. He was in this match where it was literally skipping multiple times a second and he was just screwing around because of it, and he ended up losing (It was literally a slideshow)

The guy he was facing put "SCRUB" and "DIE" after the match. Yeah, you """""won""""" a For Glory match where it was 1 frame-per-second and your opponent wasn't even trying. I bet you feel so good about yourself.

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
Just recently, I've been called "FURF * *" after winning a match as Lucario. Before I knew, I had switched to Ike and began laughing when I finally saw that. I had won again, 2 stock, and straight up left afterwards. By that name alone, I told myself that's enough Smash for a while. My laughter wanted me to keep going, but there are times where ya should just walk away.

I honestly shouldn't be as surprised due to- [I won't go there...], but this was pretty much the first direct insult I got from someone. Granted people have been called something much worse than the common "Scrub" or "You Suck". Guess this would fall in between. Ehh...

I'll just play Mario Kart or something before I Smash via With Anyone again. Stay classy, Internet.

DKMJunior

Smash Cadet
Just today, I fought a Lucas player, and I lost what ended up being our only match due to a misinputted offstage Side-B (hey, we're all guilty of it with the lag on FG). Of course, he left presumably after saving a replay so he could brag to all his friends about how MLG he was, but not before putting a snarky little "UR BAD" as his name tag. If you don't want to fight me again, that's fine, heck, that's great, but at least have the common decency to not be an *** about it. At the end of the day, it just makes you look like a little ***** who doesn't wanna fight anyone more than once because he's afraid his precious ego will get hurt. If you play Smash just to get a rise out of some random person online, then you're nothing more than a degenerate lowlife and I genuinely wish you the absolute worst.
Here's a suggestion - Don't let some little **** frustrate you enough to get a rise out of you when he puts a simple name tag as "UR BAD." Thicker skin perhaps? Especially if the game had lag, I mean, who cares in that case? Don't let the small things frustrate you. I believe you will enjoy smash much more if you just ignore it.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Here's a suggestion - Don't let some little **** frustrate you enough to get a rise out of you when he puts a simple name tag as "UR BAD." Thicker skin perhaps? Especially if the game had lag, I mean, who cares in that case? Don't let the small things frustrate you. I believe you will enjoy smash much more if you just ignore it.
That's a lot easier said than done, friend, especially when I kind of wanted to fight him again anyway because, well, he did win by a fluke. It's moments like this that just put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day; tell me to grow a "thicker skin" as you must, it isn't going to just happen overnight. Also I kind of hate Lucas, so that certainly didn't help at all. Why is it that FG Lucases are always the worst thing ever?

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Today was the first time somebody insulted me after winning many times in a row. It was funny as always!
Welp, my mom is kind of sick of seeing me playing as Kirby constantly. Today, she chose which character I would play. I was doing it all in a good mood, not caring about losing. My mom wanted me to play Luigi. I have so-so know-how with him, but can do well. Well, there appeared this Cap. Fabulous named "CAPN". I was almost winning the first game, and lost. Then, he said "NEWBSTAUNT". I don't know about you, pal, but I'm no noob. The moment I have more wins than losses, I can consider myself to be at least a good player. Then he 2-stocked me (pretty quickly!) and said "LOL2STOK". Like, I am just playing for fun and he is going SSJ3 on his house. It's a game, CAPN. A.Game! It's not like you won the lottery. If you are reading this, CAPN, I hope you're happy by winning some battles against this newb called Purin.
Edit: Actually, the first time somebody insulted me after winning was when I played that Spanish Dedede.
And, I actually made the name-calling yesterday. I beat this Ryu twice as Kirby and he tries to copy my Kirby by spamming random F-Smashes, until it timed-out. At Sudden-Death, I humourously did Rollout and died off-stage. It was funny, though. I asked him "SALTY?" on the CSS... I don't know if he was, but the fact he just copied my character to win is pretty... lulz

Last edited:

vypex

Smash Cadet
I've been playing games online too long to be offended by anything, I find it more amusing then anything, Only time I'd ever be mad-ish is if someone is playing campy after I beat them they start with the insults, I simply ditch the game and reload with new opponent.

I once beat a guy like 8 or 9 times in a row than he finally won a match than changed his tag to U-Suck, than he dropped out, that one was quiet amusing.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I haven't had the time to play For Glory on the Wii U recently, but based off of how many rage quits I've seen on the 3ds recently, I'd say I'll probably get a lot of insults whenever I play Ryu there.

DKMJunior

Smash Cadet
That's a lot easier said than done, friend, especially when I kind of wanted to fight him again anyway because, well, he did win by a fluke. It's moments like this that just put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day; tell me to grow a "thicker skin" as you must, it isn't going to just happen overnight. Also I kind of hate Lucas, so that certainly didn't help at all. Why is it that FG Lucases are always the worst thing ever?
I just think you weigh your options - either quit in frustration - or - don't let things/people stress and frustrate you. ;)

Top Bottom