• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Been called names like "Spammer" "Ur cheap" F**K YOU" and "Kill urself"
I really don't get it, if i get salty (which i rarely get) i just leave.
People don't like being killed by :4zelda: in FG, it's a fact. They are too used to :4zss: and :4falcon:grab and repeat gameplay :troll:

Although, as a :4sonic: fan, I decided to finally play him in FG (and I'm also trying not to pick Zelda EVERY times I play) and damn, the hate for Sonic is stronger than I thought. First match with Sonic, I win. "NOOB" and "GIT GUD".

And I'm not even the kind of Sonic who just run away and spindash for days.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Damn, all those people were just as salty as those fries I had from Bojangles the other day.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I fought a Wario who literally used his bike and caught me with his standard B every time I tried to approach. It was extremely frustrating at the time - after he beat me he simply changed his tag to :) and left. It made me so salty, but now I laugh looking back on it, because I realize that I really was just playing horribly.
It might not seem easy, but seriously: learn to laugh at yourself. This isn't just in Smash - I've learned it as a life lesson. As soon as you can laugh at yourself, you will be completely free from social pressure and will be a much happier person in general.

Joveth

Smash Rookie
NNID
turtlebizniz
Dunno if I would define it as being victimized since it's pretty innocuous at best and pretty rude at worst which either cases I can deal with just fine.

Victim of trolling, hell yes. And I can deal with that as well.

When in doubt, just put the controller down and do something else rather than focus on trolls trolling because in the end it's trolling. They don't know who you are so the mean words just that unless you give them more significance.

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
today i met a dude called mario and you know on the first battle we had Falcon ditos and i won 2 stocked so when i saved the rpla i come back and i see wannabe and i was like Wat then he changed his tag to firnd and it actually spelled . Wannabe Friend i was laughing so hard because of my error the i put tags in the next orde Nice,Yeah,Gg,Addme then played game 2

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Four months and one day this thread has been going on. The poll went from overwhelmingly no to what seems like a slant toward yes, which indicates a bit of a problem with FG and the people on there.

An even bigger problem is that nobody caught on to the reference I made with the poll title and people commenting on it...*sigh* for shame you guys...XD

Just so we're all on the same page all the people who voted no are with The Plastics. Just sayin :4wendy:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Only instance I had where someone changed their name was when I played a Ness player and won with Zeruda, then he said "WOW! You're Good! GG!" something like that and left. I was honestly surprised someone praised me on For Glory. Felt good.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm standing by what I said before: the name tags are the problem. They provide a method for people to gloat and rub it in the opponent's face after winning (bonus points if playing a pick-up-and-win character like Sonic or Mario) or ***** and moan if they lose, which is what makes it different from, say, Mario Kart 8 online. Name tags really shouldn't be visible on FG, they cause way more salt than good sportsmanship going off of my and many others' own experiences and, quite frankly, ruin the mode. A change like that would actually make FG somewhat tolerable, aside from the lag and Falconspam.

Last edited:

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
One thing I've always loved about playing Nintendo titles online is that there was usually little to no toxicity. With people doing this in For Glory though, I feel it's beginning to lose that "charm" that Nintendo online offers.

In other news, had this Fox call me "CHEAPA**" and "BADDY" because I outplayed him with my Mewtwo by firing a charged Shadow Ball, baiting the Fox's reflect then I reflect back, KOing him at around 50%.

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I've been called "spammer" a lot and "spam b" and other such names. Well, I mostly play Samus, what do you expect? Nothing but close range attacks? Well, I have a tag in my pocket for people like this. "R U John?"

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
For Glory...you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I ain't too worried about that. I've always come prepared...and make them spill more :shaker: on the table. Let that be a lesson for them.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Played a guy named "AZERBOS" or something like that, dude had a mii that looked like a skull. I took 3+ unanswered wins off him and he won the final match. He said, and I quote:

"U Tried"
"Did U Try?"
"RUN MORE"
"GET REKT"

Then left. He actually wasn't a bad Doc, he was pretty challenging at first. Shame he was a poor sport.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Spiked a ROB player while recovering with Ike's Aether earlier today. He immediately SDed then launched into a flurry of insulting tags he already had prepared. Something tells me he gets a lot of regular use out of those, heh heh.

Naf2pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brover1
I haven't been called anything but I remember one time before a dude left he kept saying "USUCK" and "LOL" repeatedly through name text.

I mean only cried for a bit but it's whatever

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
There appears to be a trend in fighters that are prone to engaging in this sort of behavior. Here's my top 5 fighters that tend to do this, just from my experience in the FG world, anyway. 1500+ matches.

1. Little Macs
2. Captain Falcons
3. Jigglypuffs
4. Yoshis
5. Links

This is just from what I've seen, of course; the player's attitude doesn't depend on the fighter present. I guess these tend to attract more kids (and sometimes, grown adults, sadly) with those nasty attitudes.

Last edited:

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I've gotten harassment from players who couldn't beat me, saying things like "oh you're new too? I thought so." or any of the usual "usuk"

But I have also gotten plenty of GG's and praise like "wow great ness!" so that's outweighed the bad sportsmanship.

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
On day 0 of Wii U's lifetime, a good pal and I took to the skies in For Glory, Team Battle (and by skies, I meant the deep stretches of hell, lol), and were immediately greeted by a team of two who also shared the same console, their names together saying "CONSIDER SUICIDE"

We promptly fought the evil and reported them. i doubt the people who moderate For Glory (or online activity in Nintendo Network in general) are able to see the names or (assuming they are able to) even care, but it was worth a shot. Some people just wanna play a good game or two and no one needs a negative message like that on the last doorway before the player snaps.

Oh right, this is a thread about us LOSING, then getting insulted? Right.

Well, one person said "TOO EASY" to a whole lobby when he won one game in a Free For All lobby. That riled me up a bit, but then the (again I'm assuming) kiddo left. Man, I hope he trips; I don't want him to get hurt. I just want him to trip.

Last edited:

Samal Lord

Smash Rookie
NNID
ScottishWalrus
3DS FC
5215-0932-4119
What baffles me is that these people actually get angry just out of losing. I mean, come on, man, surely you don't expect to win every single game.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Whenever I encounter situations like these after winning, I just leave. However, if you really felt the need or wanted to respond, then consider the following tags:

"STAY MAD"
"datSALTtho"

Judging by the responses that followed from these, in my experience, I think they're quite anger-inducing.

Anyway, apparently, ones playstyle can have an impact and in turn trigger such responses from opponents. Today, some Duck Hunt user called me out on being "TOODEFENSIVE" and then proceeded to say "URBAD" after him losing a stock and purposely SDing his other stock. Well, since my main and secondaries are heavies I really couldn't help myself. Isn't that generally the playstyle needed to obtain the most optimal results from characters of this class? Did he really expect me to play rush-down with Zard and risk punishment numerous times? Ironically, all this player did was spam projectiles and camp near ledges; made no effort to approach me whatsoever.

Bottom line: You really cannot please everybody. There's always going to be that one despicable idiot hiding behind anonymity and trying to look "big".

^-^

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
I wil admit this but I'm someone that has Anger and when I badly lose. I sometimes just want to call my opponent some names as well. But I don't cause I just say to myself that this is a game. If I lose I lose and if I win then I win.

As for me being called names I think it only happens once or twice. Don't really remember.

Last edited:

GeekBone

Smash Rookie
NNID
platoniccoffee
Last night I had a match with ROSAFUKR, I used Rosalina to see what would happen, but I lost a close game. In the character selection screen, the tag changed to LUMAFUKR, REKT, and N00B. Then they left.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Yep it's kinda sad actually these people that go into FG and then complain very rudely that their team mate is a scrub, or whatever. If the user base is so beneath you, wtf are you logged in for?

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I had somebody change their tag to "FIX UR LAG" today after I beat them a few times. Ironically, the tag he used when we played was "no johns", so I got a good laugh out of it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Last night I had a match with ROSAFUKR, I used Rosalina to see what would happen, but I lost a close game. In the character selection screen, the tag changed to LUMAFUKR, REKT, and N00B. Then they left.
As a Rosalina main myself, I'm pretty certain I should be offended by that first tag he used.

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
I had somebody change their tag to "FIX UR LAG" today after I beat them a few times. Ironically, the tag he used when we played was "no johns", so I got a good laugh out of it.
Ha! I encountered this guy the other day. I'm sure it was the same one.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
i beat a mewtwo about 5 times in a row before he stared getting realy salty and calling me noob and spammer... despite still losing every single match. also at the end he claimed he reported me right before leaving, but my miiverse account was permabanned like a year ago so my jimmies remained unrustled

billpika

Smash Rookie
NNID
billpika
It wasn't a big deal. I timed out a DeDeDe while holding my stock lead and he changed his tag to "Gross".

He was playing campy and his mindgames were too strong for me to approach...

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Just got matched with a :4mario:who beat me once - taunting and teabagging all the way - and changed his tag to "GET*REKT". I rematched him and barely lost the second match - with even more teabagging from both parties - and he changed his tag to "Noob" before immediately running off like a little :i6rkW:.
Y'know, I hate that I have to hate Super Freakin' Mario this much because of FG...

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
I tend to counter against people who like the rub it into my face when they win.

First I use my "GOOD 4 U" tag,
Then followup with my "NO 1 CARES" tag.

It works the majority of the time. Sometimes we need to put our foot down if it gets out of hand.

Y'know, I hate that I have to hate Super Freakin' Mario this much because of FG...
Oh, good. I'm not the only one who finds Mario annoying... Thank the godz of skyworld...

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I forget what his tag was, since this was a while ago, but I once fought a typical FG Falcon, and barely lost due to a mistimed dash into a FSmash. He then alternated between "NOOB" and "BYE" tags, then left.
I know it's just stupid internet trolls but that really does not help my self-confidence. :glare:

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
that's kinda funny. I played against them a few days ago too. They had rekt or something as their tag though. I dont recall loosing so they didn't get a chance to change it.

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
Played someone last night for an hour or so on against someone who swapped between Kirby, Yoshi, Marth and Pikachu. I beat them probably 85% of the time, but the odd time I lost a match they'd change their name to "LOSER", "FOSHAME" or "USUK".

I was just, "um, I'm kicking your ass and two-stocking you at times too. Don't get too salty now." Pity I couldn't actually communicate that.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I forget what his tag was, since this was a while ago, but I once fought a typical FG Falcon, and barely lost due to a mistimed dash into a FSmash. He then alternated between "NOOB" and "BYE" tags, then left.
I know it's just stupid internet trolls but that really does not help my self-confidence. :glare:
Don't let him get you down. If he was the same guy I faced a while back, he had multiple different tags already created that he would use just to insult his opponent if he won, and he would have changed his tag anyways even if you beat him multiple times already.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Lately it's been friendly tags for me, although there's still a few poor sports.

There's this one guy I beat and he's like NotTrying so I put PLAY2WIN. Then I beat his Falcon again and he's saying CHEAP so I put PLAY2WIN again. Picks Pit to copy me and get's two stocked, puts in PITSUX, so I put I WON in. Then he picks Diddy, after the patch and everything, and gets two stocked again. Sticks around right up to when the match would of started and then flees without a word. Heh.

Another guy chased me down to my Miiverse profile and said he'd false report me if I didn't say he was better then me. Instead I report the message and report all the profane garbage he had in his profile and he gets perma'd.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Lately it's been friendly tags for me, although there's still a few poor sports.

There's this one guy I beat and he's like NotTrying so I put PLAY2WIN. Then I beat his Falcon again and he's saying CHEAP so I put PLAY2WIN again. Picks Pit to copy me and get's two stocked, puts in PITSUX, so I put I WON in. Then he picks Diddy, after the patch and everything, and gets two stocked again. Sticks around right up to when the match would of started and then flees without a word. Heh.

Another guy chased me down to my Miiverse profile and said he'd false report me if I didn't say he was better then me. Instead I report the message and report all the profane garbage he had in his profile and he gets perma'd.
lmaaaaaaao

Top Bottom