• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Best doubles partner for Falco

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Whenever I watch team tourneys, I always watch for moments when the fighters chain moves together into an effective offense. But when watching some other tourneys, certain teams will look more or less cohesive. That got me wondering. Who is the best partner for each character? Well, since I’m a casual Brawler, and I don’t have the expertise to judge, so why not ask the experts? I originally tried this on GameFAQs, but the users in general were immature, or not qualified to give the information. Then I remembered the specific boards on Smashboards, so I brought the poll here. So who do you think the best partner is for Falco?

Rules:

- The poll will last for a week. If it becomes popular, it may last longer.
- You may only vote for one character.
- Assume friendly fire is on.
- Assume there are no items.
- After posting your answer, give a detailed reason why you choose that character. If you don’t give viable information, your vote will not be added.
- You may ask to change your vote if you have a viable reason.
- Discussion on your choices is allowed. NO FLAMES!!!
- If you vote Pokemon Trainer, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you vote on the Pokemon Trainer poll, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you want to use videos to explain your reasoning, feel free to post them, but remember. I play this game casually, so you have to explain what parts of the video are important and why they are important.
- You may vote on multiple polls.
- If issues occur, I may add or remove rules, so be sure to review the list.

Bowser – 0
Captain Falcon – 0
Diddy Kong – 0
Donkey Kong – 1
Falco – 2
Fox – 0
Game & Watch – 1
Ganondorf – 0
Ice Climbers – 0
Ike – 1
Jigglypuff – 0
King Dedede – 1
Kirby – 0
Link – 0
Lucario – 0
Lucas – 0
Luigi – 0
Mario – 0
Marth – 0
Meta Knight – 0
Ness – 0
Olimar – 0
Peach – 0
Pikachu – 0
Pit – 0
Pokemon Trainer – 0
R.O.B. – 1
Samus – 0
Sheik – 0
Snake – 0
Sonic – 0
Toon Link – 0
Wario – 0
Wolf – 0
Yoshi – 0
Zelda – 0
Zero Suit Samus – 0

Replies: 13

If your vote isn’t tallied, you may have done one of the following:

- You voted for multiple people or didn’t make your answer clear
- You voted for multiple characters
- You didn’t give a good reason.

null55

Smash Master
- If you vote Pokemon Trainer, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
- If you vote on the Pokemon Trainer poll, you must discuss details for all his pokemon.
Yes, how noble of you. However, what is the point of this if you've only listed PT in the list down there. You distinguish them as three separate characters in your little rule list, but not the one that allows others to see which Pokemon are better? And I will retort any logic you can squeeze out of this dilemma...

I don't expect an answer very soon though, you're checking up on your other 36 threads... Seriously, even though might be interesting, any identical threads spread around more than 5 or so boards are (inexplicably) extremely annoying.

And this isn't even that necessary...

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, would duel Falcos share their bread? Or maybe they share pizzacake!

Anyway, duel falcos would be able to put their throw->spike->Grab (Repeat) combo. Or while one partner catches opponent in AAA "combo," the other would be able to get off about 2 spikes.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Gaw is a pretty good team partner. You can fill his bucket like crazy giving him multiple oil panicks.
As long as you and your partner know each other well the payoff is too good.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
I like Robs. He simply covers falcos weaknesses, ie: recovery. he can also chase people off of the map pretty easily, which is something thats pretty hard for falcos against certain chars.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
i vote for falco because you have a lot of options (i was gonna vote for snake or g&a but what the hell). Falco can like keep chain grab one guy (both falcos) almost as long as they want to. as the keep one of the opponents off the stage while the try t recover, falco can AAA combo and rack up quick damage, down grab and other falco down air him or up-smash or pretty much whatever he wants to do.
I just think they have good teamwork depending on the player as well (no bread jokes).

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yes, how noble of you. However, what is the point of this if you've only listed PT in the list down there. You distinguish them as three separate characters in your little rule list, but not the one that allows others to see which Pokemon are better? And I will retort any logic you can squeeze out of this dilemma...

I don't expect an answer very soon though, you're checking up on your other 36 threads... Seriously, even though might be interesting, any identical threads spread around more than 5 or so boards are (inexplicably) extremely annoying.

And this isn't even that necessary...
I've taken notice to this, too... lol.

Anyway though, if you somehow by some miracle do manage to take activity in ALL the threads you've made with this topic. I vote for King Dedede. Falco is good at keeping people off there feet, stunning people, and always catching people by surprise. With that said, Dedede would have the time and potential to manage the chain grabbing.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Ike.
Now you both fight for your bread.

Seriously, Ike provides great cover.
I mean, you start chaining, and Ike readies Fsmash.
Easy KO.
But you have to be sure that HIS team mate won't kill you during that.
Anyone who has tons of power is welcome.
Think of all the things Falco can do.
He can keep people in place, and send someone else for the kill.
I've done it with Ganon.

Paper11

Smash Rookie
My roommate and I are under the impression that his DDD is the best partner for my Falco. In fact, it's probably the best partner combination we have. Idk if it's just us, but it seems that DDD complements Falco more than the other characters with comparable weight and power. It's not hard at all for me to setup a kill for my roommate.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
Lucario. he survives for a long time, and can lend u a life, and Team matches generally take longer, so he gets more use out of his aura-power increase.

the-real-dan0

Smash Rookie
i'm gonna say pit is pretty good but only because myself and sped (pit mainer on this forum) seem to make a pretty solid team as falco and pit but then we always made a solid team on melee so i guess it's more to do with us than our characters

Top Bottom