• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Politics Thread No. 2

What do you think will happen?

• Minority Abbott Government

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Minority Gilard Government

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Australia goes back to the polls

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The Greens' 'alliance' with Labor isn't an issue, since the Greens have basically consumed a part of the established Labor voter base. Greens' policy and ideology have more in common with Labor than Liberal, even though the Greens are still are essentially far removed from the both of them. Conversely, Family First or One Nation would preference Liberal over Labor, for essentially the same reasons.

When you have a preferential voting system, people actually seem to be mixing up 'preferences' with 'alliances,' which I think is what you've done here. Hope that makes some sense.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Windsor has dumped Liberal and his conservative voter base in favour of Labor and their NBN plans for rural Australia. There is now an extremely high chance Gillard will continue to serve as PM on Monday.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
GST was good for us.
So? Lying is still lying. If I I was up for ellection and promised I wouldn't replace all chocolate with broccoli and then do it anyway after I get elected, just because it's good for you does it mean I didn't lie?

The way that the independants could vote might end up at a 75/75 tie, so one of them would have to change sides. Going to be an interesting day.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As opposed to one that you can't trust because he says one thing and then does another?

Sieg

Smash Champion
All people in the world tell the truth except for Howard.

I can trust everyone except him.

He got in and STAYED in on that lie though, so idk what the Australian population was thinking. Must've been made up of ******* for 11 years right? Right right?

Pete278

Smash Lord
Personally, I would prefer it if my leaders chose to doom the country rather than go back on their word. Lying is just so wrong, and only bad people lie.

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
All of my (family) friends who can vote, voted for Liberal because they thought he had better education policies, with the exception of one who voted for Greens.

Were they being stupid?

y/n

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
All people in the world tell the truth except for Howard.

I can trust everyone except him.

He got in and STAYED in on that lie though, so idk what the Australian population was thinking. Must've been made up of ******* for 11 years right? Right right?
You're right.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Haha, Julia Gillard appealed to 4 out of the 5 minority groups.

The exclusive one being Katter who is a nutcase. It's only fitting Abbott can have his vote.

Really interested in how politics unrolls in the next three years.

Will the Greens succumb to 'Realpolitik'?

Will Oakeshott and Wilson be burned at the stake?

Will Gillard deliver on her concessions to the far-left and centre-right indys that supported her?

Will ANYTHING happen?

oooooooooooh

/politics nerd

Top Bottom